Stellaluna22

Potion Brewing 2015

Sounds like the potion for Dinos.

Here is a screenshot of all potions and only one potion twice: My potions Does your potion look like the one on the right on the second row? That will work on any Dino not sure if it only works on adults or also frozen Dinos.

Yeah, it looks like that one on the far right. I was wondering why it was spotted... Forgot about the dinos. I have none:(

From your description, it can either be these two:

user posted image - This one is probably the pitch black potion you were talking about. You need a Desipis dragon to use it on.

Yay, I believe I just got a desipis egg today. That's the black dragon with the orange gems, right?

Yay, I believe I just got a desipis egg today.  That's the black dragon with the orange gems, right?

Yup. I don't know if the potion can be used on growing dragons or frozen Desipi hatchies, though. I think you'll have to wait until its grown up to use the potion on it or try again once its hatched.

Edited by lovecats99

Yup. I don't know if the potion can be used on growing dragons or frozen Desipi hatchies, though. I think you'll have to wait until its grown up to use the potion on it or try again once its hatched.

Fairly sure potions are adult-targeted. There was at least one report of someone trying a potion on a frozen hatchie and it failing. I don't think it was that potion specifically, but I expect the same idea applies.

Fairly sure potions are adult-targeted. There was at least one report of someone trying a potion on a frozen hatchie and it failing. I don't think it was that potion specifically, but I expect the same idea applies.

I actually came to ask what potions could be applied to hatchlings, because the Golden Wyvern one can be used on hatchlings and it even changes their pose. I can only confirm that the Storm/Gray dragon potion can't be used on hatchlings.

(p.s. If anyone uses a potion on a hatchling and gets a positive result in someway, please link me as the wiki needs more images biggrin.gif)

Edited by bluesonic1

I can see my frozen hatchlings as possible targets for the Falconiform Wyvern potion but i do not have enough of this potion to test is right now.

P.S.: I think you have enough pictures of the potions but feel free to use my screenshot a few posts above.

P.P.S.: I will post a screenshot of my Valentine Cave after the use of the potion for Falconiform Wyverns. cool.gif

Edited by Tigerkralle

I actually came to ask what potions could be applied to hatchlings, because the Golden Wyvern one can be used on hatchlings and it even changes their pose. I can only confirm that the Storm/Gray dragon potion can't be used on hatchlings.

(p.s. If anyone uses a potion on a hatchling and gets a positive result in someway, please link me as the wiki needs more images biggrin.gif)

One of the options I encountered was a red potion that could make falconiform wyverns turn white and red, and that potion worked on my little frozen juvinile, Eddie BL II. That one for sure works on hatchlings.

One of the options I encountered was a red potion that could make falconiform wyverns turn white and red, and that potion worked on my little frozen juvinile, Eddie BL II.  That one for sure works on hatchlings.

Thanks for that! Also thanks dirtytabs <

I can confirm that the following potions don't affect hatchlings:

*Vampire spot

*Dino

*Pyralspite

*Shadow/Dark sprite

*White dragon soot

*"Meat" potion

*Storm costumes

*Balloon

*Mint

*Mushroom

*Black dragon costumes

*Shadow Walker

*Lumina

Potions that do affect hatchlings:

*Falconiform Wyvern

*Copper

*Crimson Flare Pygmy

*Golden Wyvern

If people are using the potions on hatchlings, can you please link me if you have the following:

*Possibly Desipis hatchlings

Potions requiring confirmation:

*Desipis

Edit: Another big thanks to dirtytabs for the continued help biggrin.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

You're welcome!

The crimson flare pygmy potion turns it into a royal crimson in the same growth stage. No new images to add, just something fun to know. tongue.gif

http://dragcave.net/view/mIINb

http://dragcave.net/view/EShpN (still not a sunstone)

Copper hatchling: http://dragcave.net/view/PfHKv user posted image

Female copper hatchling: http://dragcave.net/view/fAr6c user posted image

Golden wyvern hatchling: http://dragcave.net/view/13tsw user posted image

Mint potion does not affect mint hatchlings

Mushroom potion does not affect hatchlings

Desipis potion does not affect hatchlings (oh, but none of mine are frozen) Ah, they work on all frozen hatchlings.

Black costume potion does not affect hatchlings (sad.gif they would've looked so cute)

Shadow walker potion does not affect hatchlings

Lumina potion does not affect hatchlings (they have no scaleless hatchlings anyway!)

Edited by dirtytabs

Have potion ingredients stopped dropping for anyone else? I haven't gotten anything in at least 30 minutes....

Have potion ingredients stopped dropping for anyone else? I haven't gotten anything in at least 30 minutes....

For me, they're still dropping. If you've already tried moving between biomes without finding anything, it could be your browser. I'd recommend a hard refresh of the page by holding down the F5. For Chrome, I've heard that cache and/or extensions sometimes affect the loading of images, so clearing your cache or managing your extensions could work, too.

Edited by lovecats99

^ Thanks smile.gif Things did start dropping for me about an hour later smile.gif

I was curious, will the potions be available after the event ends? Because I've gathered quite a few strong and normal potions but I don't have any dragons to use them on, only eggs :/

I was curious, will the potions be available after the event ends? Because I've gathered quite a few strong and normal potions but I don't have any dragons to use them on, only eggs :/

Presumably they will vanish after Halloween ends.

So for the Wiki:

If you once had a specific ingedrient this ingedrient is greyed out.

user posted image

And a PM to bluesonic1.

Hey, turns out the potion for Desipis...es DOES work on hatchies! (As long as they're frozen) (The rainbow spots are teeny tho')

ungendered - user posted image

male - user posted image

female - user posted image

(feel free to grab these for the Wiki)

Here is a list of how much you need to make 1 of every potion, if anyone was interested.

Rainbow Water x3

Red Fireflies x2

Charball Mushroom x2

Slow Sand x2

Dragon's Breath x2

Ice Thyme x2

Sparkling Lava x2

Tanglebracken x2

Roaring Mouseshroom x2

White Lace Lichen x2

Everything else x1

Edited by Ashywolf

Here is a list of how much you need to make 1 of every potion, if anyone was interested.

Rainbow Water x3

Red Fireflies x2

Charball Mushroom x2

Slow Sand x2

Dragon's Breath x2

Ice Thyme x2

Sparkling Lava x2

Tanglebracken x2

Roaring Mouseshroom x2

White Lace Lichen x2

Everything else x1

Yoinks list for document. I didn't even know there was a color transparent. Thank you for the list.

Alright! This was very helpful. I knew I hadn't yet collected every ingredient, but I wasn't sure how many I was missing or from where. So thanks! On to the last few potions!

Edited the Doc! I added Ashwolf's List of the Ingredients Needed to Make One Set of Potions, and added a section Listing the Ingredients by Biome. (Just in case you need a place to tell you where the hell to find them all as a group.)

I'm still doing some editing, but it's really, REALLY slow.

Does anybody knows if the potion for Luminas is helpful for unlocking the scaleless Luminas for the encyclopdia?

I could not test this because my scaleless Luminas are already unlocked. sad.gif

Edit to add:

So here is my Valentine Cave after the use of a potion:

user posted image

Edited by Tigerkralle