TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

Can't wait to see the new Halloween dragon in T-2.5 hours! smile.gif This event has been so much fun so far!

Edited by LumosSeeker148

Is anyone else struggling with the potions? I keep getting the same 4 ingredients over and over which do nothing.

Is anyone else struggling with the potions? I keep getting the same 4 ingredients over and over which do nothing.

All of a sudden, yes. And they are not the ones I need.

There's a thread in Site Discussion which has a link to a document that details how to get all 31 ingredients and what combines with what to make which potions. That should help you a lot.

It sounds like you're only checking in one biome for ingredients. They are biome specific which drops where, so you have to check all the biomes to get all the ingredients.

Because they were mentioned above:

Here is the Thread for Potion Brewing help and discussion: Click Me!

And Here is the Document with all the ingredients, their locations, and their known combinations: I am here!

One more question for y'all who remember the past halloweens well, is it uncommon to see new-release eggs and hatchlings floating around in the AP after they are finished being released? I don't think this new baby I have will hatch in time so I'm very worried xd.png

One more question for y'all who remember the past halloweens well, is it uncommon to see new-release eggs and hatchlings floating around in the AP after they are finished being released? I don't think this new baby I have will hatch in time so I'm very worried xd.png

You do see them (several members deliberately drop several bunches before growing their own lot) but they can be hard to catch because EVERYONE will want them!

Edited by Prince_Xanthius

You do see them (several members deliberately drop several bunches before growing their own lot) but they can be hard to catch because EVERYONE will want them!

Okay, that's very good to hear ^^ Thank you!

The drop happening in 2 hours will be my first ever holiday drop (though I've already snagged and hatched some of the previous years Halloween dragons from the AP)! So excited to see the new dragon!!! Will they drop like the lunar heralds did? That is, a few in each biome...then nothing for while...then more? Or is it a constant thing?

The drop happening in 2 hours will be my first ever holiday drop (though I've already snagged and hatched some of the previous years Halloween dragons from the AP)! So excited to see the new dragon!!! Will they drop like the lunar heralds did? That is, a few in each biome...then nothing for while...then more? Or is it a constant thing?

I believe they will replace all eggs in the cave til nov. 1st

Edited by Eldrad

Personally, I think that we can extend the Halloween drop - all by ourselves. All it takes is enough players who do the following things:

Breed as many Halloweens during the drop as possible, maybe even a day before. (To fill up the AP, obviously.)

Then catch and abandon as many new CB Halloween eggs as possible, ideally several full batches of eggs. Halloweens are easy to catch, after all.

And, last but not least, check the AP after the new CBs have hatched.

Just saying. I hope this will go viral. biggrin.gif

As olympe said... I hope this suggestion will go viral.

Holiday drops are different. They only occur for 24 hours, they can be found in any biomes, and once those 24 hours are up you'll never find those dragons in the cave again. If you're lucky, you'll be able to find some in the AP a few days after Halloween.

Ok, thanks smile.gif Will there be times when all the eggs are taken and the biomes are sitting empty?

I dont thinks so? This is my first holiday on DC but i read about them on the wiki and i think that until midnight on the 31st the biomes will be completly full of the new egg.

As olympe said... I hope this suggestion will go viral.

I plan to Abandon my first batch of New Releases.

I hope enough people do this - and that the New Releases appear at the end of the bred Holiday batch in the AP, so that they aren't simply saving people taking them from the biomes and do, in fact, help to stretch out people's chances of getting some/more.

Ok, thanks smile.gif Will there be times when all the eggs are taken and the biomes are sitting empty?

I dont thinks so? This is my first holiday on DC but i read about them on the wiki and i think that until midnight on the 31st the biomes will be completly full of the new egg.

In the first 2~4 hours of release everyone will be scrambling to catch eggs so biomes being emptied out will be a frequent occurrence, but after most people locks their scrolls it won't be hard at all. c:

Edited by suskekun222

Oh yes a few minutes biomes will be empty. They fill at full hour and then every 5 miuntes. So dropping on XX:00, XX:05, XX:10, XX:15, XX:20, XX:25, XX:30, XX:35, XX:40, XX:45, XX:50, XX,55 and again XX:00.

We greedy eggcollectors will catch them away. wink.gif

I plan to Abandon my first batch of New Releases.

I hope enough people do this - and that the New Releases appear at the end of the bred Holiday batch in the AP, so that they aren't simply saving people taking them from the biomes and do, in fact, help to stretch out people's chances of getting some/more.

That's a great idea!!! As long as they won't be hard to catch later on Halloween day, I'll abandon my first batch as well! I mean, why not? Is there any downside to doing this, other than having to wait a little longer for our eggs to hatch?

You have to wait 5 hours until you can abandon your eggs from the cave like every other egg that you get from the cave.

I predict it will infact be a skeletal.

I hope it's that or lycan inspired!

I hope it's that or lycan inspired!

What about a Grim Reaper inspired one? O:

Edited by Capella

You have to wait 5 hours until you can abandon your eggs from the cave like every other egg that you get from the cave.

That's what I thought.

In other news...Anyone want any scrub bottlebrushes? I have 25, and only one copper dragon...and I already have two of the potion for it. XP Oh how I wish you could trade ingredients.