TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

We are now at a total of 62 treats.

Edit to add:

I can go to your collection and see that you have 24. Try a hard refresh and to get help in the help subforum.

Edited by Tigerkralle

We are now at a total of 62 treats.

Edit to add:

I can go to your collection and see that you have 24. Try a hard refresh and to get help in the help subforum.

Thanks, I tried a hard refresh, didn't work. I just get an arrow when I mouse over it. I'll ask for help in the subforum.

Thank you for letting me know how many I have.

my second set of eggs should be hatching later today so i will have all my egg slots open when the new release drops =D

Thanks, I tried a hard refresh, didn't work. I just get an arrow when I mouse over it.  I'll ask for help in the subforum.

Thank you for letting me know how many I have.

Well this is the link to the Trick or Treat Page if you are logged in: Trick-or-Treat

Are you clicking the right badge? It's the Jack-o-lantern with (or without depending on when you started collecting) treats inside.

i'm completely scroll-locked with hatchies and 5 eggs! heh. Will unlock in about an hour. biggrin.gif

I got all 62 treats, only the decorated skull doesn't have a transparent background

Well this is the link to the Trick or Treat Page if you are logged in: Trick-or-Treat

Are you clicking the right badge? It's the Jack-o-lantern with (or without depending on when you started collecting) treats inside.

I have a cauldron with a potion sitting beside it, not a jack-o-lantern.

The cauldron badge is for the potion brewing. Back by your trophy and magikarp badge, there's a trick-or-treating pumpkin badge where you treats are kept.

I can't access my collection through my page. I could access it with this link. unsure.gif I don't know why.

Edited by NekoA

What a cool event! I tried two potions so far and I love how they change the dragon's form, haha.

Can't wait to see the new upcoming dragons!

**MAJOR EVENT INFO**

Treats are still dropping. There are 62 so far, and not sure if TJ will drop more later!!! I'll update again once we have the total count

There are 31 potion ingredients. They fall anywhere from 3 mins to 10 mins apart. The complete list of ingredients and potions is in this thread Potion Brewing 2015 and in the first post is a document link with all the info.

Some potions are rarer than others it seems, just keep trying. Some potions can only be used on specific dragons. And if you make a potion and there is no dragon list to use it on, then you don't have the dragon that is needed. All potion effects last 24 hours, and are temporary for this Event only, you will not be able to save potions or ingredients afterwards.

Halloween eggs will drop solely and in a continous flood in all biomes the entire 24 hours of Halloween day, Oct 31st, Cave time. You can grab as many as possible during this Holiday only, all other Holidays only allow you 2 eggs each. 

The past breedings will go thru and include Halloween day. And even IF your past holiday egg manages to grow up during this event, (earthquake, incubate) it will not breed again, TJ has it fixed to once per year regardless.

At the end of the Event, look at the first page of this thread, there will be a post with all the names of the Event spriters, and what they sprited. All other credits too.

hmmmm...Ok, I hope all this info will help the questions a bit. Lol....I have had to repeat this every few pages, as no one goes back to look. sigh. But I hope it helps a little.

Bump bump

Also, less than 24 hours left til Halloween (here in the Cave, that is!!!!)

Edited by Riverwillows

If i counted right only 23 hours till the new eggs drop!

EDIT: Did not see the above post when i posted whoops laugh.gif

Edited by Eldrad

The jack-o-lantern should look like one of these sprites:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

It usually shows up somewhere at the beginning of the badge line up. And when you hover over it, it should say "2010 Trick-or-Treat," which was when the badge was first introduced. Here's the link again in case that doesn't work: Trick or Treat

Edit:

I can't access my collection through my page. I could access it with this link. unsure.gif I don't know why.

Maybe this will help you too? If not, you can always go to the Help Sub-forum and ask around there.

Edited by Shokomon

Reading through the posts here, I am beginning to think I screwed up.

To me, saying I can grab all the eggs I want meant that the event overruled the scroll limits. Now, I'm thinking it meant I can have the max of 7 in comparison to other events that cap you to only 2 eggs of each species. So I've been continuing to snatch up AP Halloweenies. Oh well. I'll be able to get 2 of the new dragon, as long as I stay off the site until tomorrow. *sigh*

Definitely think the announcements could have been worded much more precisely.

Edit: Nope, only one. I thought I had one more Incubate left. Whoops. I wish this baby would sleep, I'm losing my memory. lol

Edited by lilbunniesdragons

Halloweens are unlimited, but scroll limits do apply. People who have very large armies of a CB Halloween breed most likely traded to get their numbers up that high. :3

The jack-o-lantern should look like one of these sprites:

Trick or Treat

Would you happen to know when the Jack o' Lanterns start to look like they are getting full? This is my 3rd year and it still looks empty. Based on the images you posted. it makes me wonder if my bucket is glitched. blink.gif

Would you happen to know when the Jack o' Lanterns start to look like they are getting full? This is my 3rd year and it still looks empty. Based on the images you posted. it makes me wonder if my bucket is glitched. blink.gif

I don't think it will ever be full. I believe they only 'filled up' if you collected all the treats in 2010, the year we first got the Treat Badge. I missed a few that year, so mine isn't completely full...

my desipiss grew up so i could use the rainbow potion...i might have to put that in my signature (is that allowed? i assume so since many pics use the sprites but i decided to ask)

i love these potions!

Edited by blockEdragon

my desipiss grew up so i could use the rainbow potion...i might have to put that in my signature (is that allowed? i assume so since many pics use the sprites but i decided to ask)

i love these potions!

You can't put your dragons on your signature. Its not allowed and I believe seen as click begging. The images posted around such as in the trade forums and in some signatures are edited and not directly realted to any dragon. They are images saved on other hosts so users can use them freely. There is currently no way to show off a dragon with a potion effect other than linking to its view page and letting users click on it to check themselves.

You can't put your dragons on your signature. Its not allowed and I believe seen as click begging. The images posted around such as in the trade forums and in some signatures are edited and not directly realted to any dragon. They are images saved on other hosts so users can use them freely. There is currently no way to show off a dragon with a potion effect other than linking to its view page and letting users click on it to check themselves.

no i just meant the image not the dragon

i was asking because, spriters

thanks for the answer

Edited by blockEdragon

When do treats stop dropping? Do they continue throughout the Halloween release or not? I hope they do, because I'm within like 10 treats...

(It was at this point that I realized I had another day and plenty of time...)

But yeah, stop dropping during release or at the end of the drop?

no i just meant the image not the dragon

i was asking because, spriters

thanks for the answer

The image of what? If you mean the effect then I don't know. That's difficult to try. Sorry.

When do treats stop dropping? Do they continue throughout the Halloween release or not? I hope they do, because I'm within like 10 treats...

(It was at this point that I realized I had another day and plenty of time...)

But yeah, stop dropping during release or at the end of the drop?

Treat stop dropping as soon as you collect them all. There are 62 treats this year. Once you collect them all then they will stop dropping. As for ingredients for the event, I believe those will drop all the way into halloween and stop on nov 1. SO you can keep collecting ingredients and making potions until then.

Edited by AnanoKimi

The image of what? If you mean the effect then I don't know. That's difficult to try. Sorry.

whelp it wasn't too hard to get it in there!