TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

debating if i should pick up another batch of eggs.... i wonder if i'll have enough time for them to hatch between now and halloween...

I do wish that the potions were available for more breeds.

I hate making potions and then getting the message that I don't have a dragon who I can use the potion on.

Yes! I only have one Halloween dragon to go!

This year, I was looking for a lot. Glad it's paid off already. smile.gif

I have a bucket load of leeches D:

I'll trade you. I've gotten a total of 1 leech since this event started. I'm swimming in killer tomatoes and the glowing moss. xd.png

All I need is a Walking Nepenthes and I have yet to see one. Come out, Come out~ Where ever you are~

Edit: Woh! Lol! As soon as I complained, I got one! Haha.

Edited by Shokomon

All I need is a Walking Nepenthes and I have yet to see one. Come out, Come out~ Where ever you are~

Edit: Woh! Lol! As soon as I complained, I got one! Haha.

Chuck a bit of that luck my way, will ya? That's the last ingredient I'm missing! rolleyes.gif

....and so the Cave gives me yet another mutated pine sapling. *sighs*

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I calculated that I'll be able to get one more batch of old Halloweens after my current eggs hatch, but the last batch won't hatch until mid-morning Halloween, which means I can't pounce on the New Breed the second it comes out like I usually would.

My exact position also! I've been very carefully combing through the dates in my diary to make sure I definitely have time to catch the new ones, but hoard as many old ones as possible!! laugh.gif

I figure that by the time this is over I will have all the old Halloweens I was looking for plus some more that weren't on my list. I hope to be able to collect a scroll-load of the new egg on Halloween, although my scroll won't be completely empty at the beginning of the day.

I am busily collecting ingredients, but I don't plan to use the potions until Halloween so that my dragons can be dressed up for the holiday!

Again, thanks to Fiona for the planning and co-ordinating of the event, to TJ for doing all he does to make these things happen, and last but not least to the artists who created all the lovely banners and treats and ingredients and potions and altered dragon sprites!

Edited to add: If I get one more Bright Ice I am going to scream -- listen, cave, it is Ice Thyme I need! Ice Thyme!

Edited by purplehaze

Chuck a bit of that luck my way, will ya? That's the last ingredient I'm missing! rolleyes.gif

....and so the Cave gives me yet another mutated pine sapling. *sighs*

All I can say is head over to the jungle and search there. *throw luck at you*

All I can say is head over to the jungle and search there. *throw luck at you*

Cheers m'dear! xd.png At least I got another flamey thing, I don't get a lot of those.

I'm not sure where the post is, but I remember hearing there was 57 tricks and treats. I have 62. O,o Did they release more?

(I don't keep up with the thread since I work a lot. =_= )

I'm not sure where the post is, but I remember hearing there was 57 tricks and treats. I have 62. O,o Did they release more?

(I don't keep up with the thread since I work a lot. =_= )

Yeah more was released xd.png

I love these special events! I've collected 60 'treats' and used some potions to create some funny 'tricks'. I used a potion on my little chicken, and it said "something interesting happened" but nothing happened! lol The trick was ON ME! Hahaha

Still waiting to get a tanglebracken... xd.png

Woo finally got one! Now I need another rainbow water lol

**MAJOR EVENT INFO**

Treats are still dropping. There are 62 so far, and not sure if TJ will drop more later!!! I'll update again once we have the total count

There are 31 potion ingredients. They fall anywhere from 3 mins to 10 mins apart. The complete list of ingredients and potions is in this thread Potion Brewing 2015 and in the first post is a document link with all the info.

Some potions are rarer than others it seems, just keep trying. Some potions can only be used on specific dragons. And if you make a potion and there is no dragon list to use it on, then you don't have the dragon that is needed. All potion effects last 24 hours, and are temporary for this Event only, you will not be able to save potions or ingredients afterwards.

Halloween eggs will drop solely and in a continous flood in all biomes the entire 24 hours of Halloween day, Oct 31st, Cave time. You can grab as many as possible during this Holiday only, all other Holidays only allow you 2 eggs each.

The past breedings will go thru and include Halloween day. And even IF your past holiday egg manages to grow up during this event, (earthquake, incubate) it will not breed again, TJ has it fixed to once per year regardless.

At the end of the Event, look at the first page of this thread, there will be a post with all the names of the Event spriters, and what they sprited. All other credits too.

hmmmm...Ok, I hope all this info will help the questions a bit. Lol....I have had to repeat this every few pages, as no one goes back to look. sigh. But I hope it helps a little.

Bump again. Wish people would just go back a few pages and read things. sigh.

Bump again. Wish people would just go back a few pages and read things. sigh.

The problem with that is "a few pages" becomes "too many pages" after a few minutes of people posting. Its good to repost that info.

The problem with that is "a few pages" becomes "too many pages" after a few minutes of people posting. Its good to repost that info.

Thank you Xeyla, I was about to post the same thing. At the rate posts are created in threads like this someone might not get to the end in the amount of time they have to spend.

Dear desert, please stop giving me pink scales... I need the hourglass to make the potions I need. rolleyes.gif

Never thought that DC events could be this fun! I'm glad I logged in and am able to take part in this. happy.gif

Just got the Grumpy Cat treat and laughed entirely too hard! xd.png

The Grumpy Cat treat is probably my favorite of all the Halloween event treats ever. Just awesome.

I'm nowhere near the complete set (something like 32 so far, I think?) But I just got Grumpy Cat, and that was the one I was most hoping to get xd.png

I had to google what the Pepe Witch was, I thought the treat was someone's bad attempt to sprite. But I now know that is the type of style they were going for. Still confused me though.

do stage 1 hatchling pumpkin dragons and cave lurkers share the same sprite?

Edited by eeveexgurl

Came onto my scroll to find a Witch Pepe staring at me. God bless whoever made it!

Edited by lovecats99