TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I was pulling for the Broken Hart, but I think Nightmare Stag is its official behind-the-scenes name.

Actually nightmare stag is another name for the ravenstag, it's been around since season 1 ("swiggety swag it's the nightmare stag"). The name for Anthony Deermond the meat stag was tweeted as "Stagenstein" by Bryan Fuller the night that episode aired.

Wait... Those 2 Holiday Eggs per scroll only applied to CBs?!?!?!

*Drops head* Fudge muffins. I thought we could only have two per scroll no matter what, Clean Lineage, Inbred, or whatever.

The losses!!! So many losses!!! T_T

Yeah, Christmas and Valentines day bred eggs were made unlimited...some time ago. Not sure when.

I need to create myself an emoticon of a cat with two streams of tears pouring from its eyes one of these day... For now, I have my downtrodden kitty of apology below.

Edited by Nyxity

I think there is 62 treats or tricks right now.

My favorites is the horde and alliance symbol.

The bats are cute as well.

edit: well i be a monkey's aunt, i wasn't ninja.gif'd

thank you smile.gif so then I do have them now!

who remembers that pumpkins were a scroll limit of 4 that Halloween?

and I stupidly froze 2 which I never, ever do....I wish they'd drop as CB again, it hardly seems fair not to be able to get more CB ones!

I think there should be a one time only "defrost" option for those of us who froze CB holidays, thinking all we'd ever get were two.

Yeah... I froze one because I like to have both adults and the hatchlings. >__< Stupid, stupid, stupid me...

And for the first time since it was introduced, I got all the treats!

I adore the little Horde Crest and the cat with that arm xd.png

Actually nightmare stag is another name for the ravenstag, it's been around since season 1 ("swiggety swag it's the nightmare stag"). The name for Anthony Deermond the meat stag was tweeted as "Stagenstein" by Bryan Fuller the night that episode aired.

Weird - outside that rhyme, I only remember seeing the earlier version referred to as the [dire] ravenstag, probably because I was caught up in Cleolinda's recaps/discussions more than other sites.

**MAJOR EVENT INFO**

Treats are still dropping. There are 62 so far, and not sure if TJ will drop more later!!! I'll update again once we have the total count

There are 31 potion ingredients. They fall anywhere from 3 mins to 10 mins apart. The complete list of ingredients and potions is in this thread Potion Brewing 2015 and in the first post is a document link with all the info.

Some potions are rarer than others it seems, just keep trying. Some potions can only be used on specific dragons. And if you make a potion and there is no dragon list to use it on, then you don't have the dragon that is needed. All potion effects last 24 hours, and are temporary for this Event only, you will not be able to save potions or ingredients afterwards.

Halloween eggs will drop solely and in a continous flood in all biomes the entire 24 hours of Halloween day, Oct 31st, Cave time. You can grab as many as possible during this Holiday only, all other Holidays only allow you 2 eggs each.

The past breedings will go thru and include Halloween day. And even IF your past holiday egg manages to grow up during this event, (earthquake, incubate) it will not breed again, TJ has it fixed to once per year regardless.

At the end of the Event, look at the first page of this thread, there will be a post with all the names of the Event spriters, and what they sprited. All other credits too.

hmmmm...Ok, I hope all this info will help the questions a bit. Lol....I have had to repeat this every few pages, as no one goes back to look. sigh. But I hope it helps a little.

Time for another correct info bump...

I need to create myself an emoticon of a cat with two streams of tears pouring from its eyes one of these day... For now, I have my downtrodden kitty of apology below.

You mean something like this? ^^; -> user posted image Back on topic, been collecting ingredients just for the heck of it now, haven't made anymore potions, though maybe I'll see if I can try and make the mushroom (or is it broccoli?) tongue.gif

Bah! I missed out on the meme hating xd.png I really dislike the whole pepe meme because I personally don't find whats funny in it but no lie, hands down the pepe witch is my #1 favorite treat simply because it was unexpected and made me almost fall out of my chair whilst my looked at me like I was some idiot alien in her living room.

No lie it was one of those last second makes you spit out your drink trying not to laugh kind of moments and that made my day. Other than that a close second is the betta fish. :3

Did anyone do a list of trick-or-treats and what they represent? I recognize most, but there's a bunch that draw up blank for me.

My favourite treats have to be the cat with the arm and the nightmare stag (swiggity swooty). I also approve of the ultra rare Pepe. Made me laugh for a long time. Brilliant. biggrin.gif

I hope we can keep the potions and ingredients we don't use. I have one of each and I love the sprites.

Hmm I see I'm a bit late to the party this time tongue.gif I got too wrapped up on the wiki to read through the news like I usually do. Looks like I gave you all a good run trying to catch my poofing Vampire Pygmy egg when it, along with some other treats, had accidentally not made it to the site yet xd.png (That's also what I get for trying to do too many things at once on the first night of the event lol.)

Hmm. Anyone keeping track of trick or treat references?

<snip>

Last one, first row - Missigno

<snip>

If you mean this little guy: user posted image It's actually based off of Marowak's ghost from the first set of Pokemon games smile.gif (Blue/Red/Green)

if i get some eggs now, will they hatch on the 31st?

edit: got a shadow walker that only got 4 days and 12 hours

Edited by eeveexgurl

I think there should be a one time only "defrost" option for those of us who froze CB holidays, thinking all we'd ever get were two.

^^This!^^

Pumpkins are my favorite holiday sprite. Sure wish I could get another cb one. *sigh*

So I made a potion with Flame Lily and the Dragon whatever mint looking plant, but it says I don't have any dragons compatible with it, so can anyone tell me what that one does? tongue.gif

So I made a potion with Flame Lily and the Dragon whatever mint looking plant, but it says I don't have any dragons compatible with it, so can anyone tell me what that one does? tongue.gif

it makes dinos look more realistic.

TJ shot down that idea, but there IS a thread for general unfreezing (with limitations to prevent abuse) that's gotten a lot of support and hasn't been rejected by TJ.

I also froze a CB Pumpkin thinking we'd never see them again (since some adults had grown up then and couldn't breed at all), so I would dearly love a chance to unfreeze them and others. >___<

11 to go, if the final is 62. I feel like the only one who hasn't finished yet.

Meanwhile, I have nearly finished all Halloween breeding requests! /yayme

TJ shot down that idea, but there IS a thread for general unfreezing (with limitations to prevent abuse) that's gotten a lot of support and hasn't been rejected by TJ.

I also froze a CB Pumpkin thinking we'd never see them again (since some adults had grown up then and couldn't breed at all), so I would dearly love a chance to unfreeze them and others. >___<

Aw man, that sucks. But a general unfreezing option would be fantastic, then maybe the holidays could be unfrozen anyway? Either way, even if it was a one-time only deal, I'd gladly take it and defrost some of my poor babies.

Still waiting to get a tanglebracken...   user posted image

Tanglebracken is driving me crazy. dry.gif I'm trying to keep my Desipis dragons all pretty and shiny, you stupid forest, stop giving me five million Eucalyptus flowers and onions and such!! mad.gif

Edit: Hmm, apparently venting in public helps! I just got some. smile.gif

Edited by Spiteful_Crow