TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I think the word you're looking for is "sellout". But good for her, I guess.

But as for the other thing, when your end goal is just to annoy people, it doesn't make you clever or funny, you don't "win" anything just because you made someone mad, it just makes you an obnoxious attention-seeker. I'm not saying you are specifically, but that is the purpose of most of these stupider memes. Yeah, there are some of them I find funny, but it's annoying when they start leaking into other places off their places of origin. It's like getting a forward from your grandmother telling you about the epik lolcat meemees she discovered on them there internets. Pretty cringeworthy, IMO.

Hah! Case in point.

user posted image

I don't think you know what "sellout" means, but hey. Whatever flips yer skirt m8. Meanwhile, since you're so anti-fun...

user posted image

Dank memes to the left ladies, gents, and all variations thereupon!

I think the word you're looking for is "sellout". But good for her, I guess.

But as for the other thing, when your end goal is just to annoy people, it doesn't make you clever or funny, you don't "win" anything just because you made someone mad, it just makes you an obnoxious attention-seeker. I'm not saying you are specifically, but that is the purpose of most of these stupider memes. Yeah, there are some of them I find funny, but it's annoying when they start leaking into other places off their places of origin. It's like getting a forward from your grandmother telling you about the epik lolcat meemees she discovered on them there internets. Pretty cringeworthy, IMO.

Hah! Case in point.

:c Awh, that's not a very positive way to look at it, I don't think. If my grandma had forwarded me lolcat memes when she was still here, I would've been more than happy to giggle at them with her if she thought they were funny.

Memes are supposed to make people giggle at silly stuff. Just ignore the ones that are meant to annoy people! Dank memes are good for the soul. c;

I don't think you know what "sellout" means, but hey. Whatever flips yer skirt m8.

Doing Grumpy Cat commercials and movies? I'd say that counts.

Meanwhile, since you're so anti-fun...

But I don't hate fun.

-removed link due to inappropriate/offensive language with no warning given -

Edited by rubyshoes

Anyway, aside from all dem dank memes (and my own treats) I think my favorites are the octopus (cephalopod love!), Kiki, and that stealthy Fire Emblem one.

Well.

I don't know what memes and pepes are, so I don't know why they'd generate so much crummy attitude by some, but I think there's a bit of pot calling the kettle black here.

What a weird page full of conversation I just waded through wink.gif

I only came to see how many treats there are, because the last I saw there were either 57 or 58, and I now have 59.

Anyway, I'm all for fun, and if memes and pepes provide it, then someone give me some. That's all, folks.

Oh, and how many treats are there, actually? Anyone know, please?

I know! I cant stop giggling at the reactions to it. Im glad to have made something that left people scratching their heads tongue.gif

Thanks everyone who contributed to my frequent gigglefits tonight smile.gif

And here I thought you were going to apologize for it >.> <.< >.> <.<

Although, it isn't THAT blurry wink.gif

my face when reading the last few pages

[snipped meme]

This

is the best thing I've seen all day. Oh my goodness, I'm cracking up.

...and that stealthy Fire Emblem one.

*sniffles and holds face* Alas it is not as nice as the spooky upside down human body guy with antlers. I forgot its name, I'm sorry. :'D But he's lovely. Lovely? Sure.

And also the Starry Night one, I've always loved Van Gogh so it's nice to see a treat of his art!

Favorite treats:

1. Grumpy Cat

2. The (ghost?) dragon

3. Frog

Laughed 5ever when I saw the Grumpy Cat. She's my hero. Just ask my co-workers, who draw the comparison every day. tongue.gif

So far I've made no potions, but I've got quite a collection of stuff to do it.

Managed to catch one of the eggs I accidentally bred and had to auto-abandon last night, today, so life is good. Thank you, TJ and spriters!

Edited by blackdragon71

Is this a potato or a turd? I cannot see what it is supposed to be on my phone.

http://-2iYJ.gif

Potatoes are essentially the turds of the tuber world being very brown and lumpy; I prefer mine mashed with milk and garlic

My favourite treats this year are the soot sprite and the creepy wendigo Hannibal thing.

Think there will be more dropping out of nowhere again, or is that it?

Either way, thanks to TJ and all the spriters~ <3

If I got some AP eggs just around 1 AM cave time just now, will they hatch by 1 AM on the 31st?

Edited by Nyxity

*Wipes sweat off forehead* Thank gods! (I'm not good with doing math in my head, but am too lazy to do it on paper. tongue.gif) I thought I would still have half my egg slots locked until this year's HED was over. ninja.gif

Well.

I don't know what memes and pepes are, so I don't know why they'd generate so much crummy attitude by some, but I think there's a bit of pot calling the kettle black here.

What a weird page full of conversation I just waded through wink.gif

I only came to see how many treats there are, because the last I saw there were either 57 or 58, and I now have 59.

Anyway, I'm all for fun, and if memes and pepes provide it, then someone give me some.  That's all, folks.

Oh, and how many treats are there, actually?  Anyone know, please?

I think there is 62 treats or tricks right now.

My favorites is the horde and alliance symbol.

The bats are cute as well.

edit: well i be a monkey's aunt, i wasn't ninja.gif'd

Edited by Lady Dragoon

my favorite treat is either the soot or van gogh one. <3

Sooooo, Uhm, I have a possibly stupid, yet helpful question...

Do new release Halloween dragons have a 2-CB-Per-Scroll limit? they don't have that listed next to them in the Wiki like the other holidays do, so I'm curious...

PS: I think my favorite treat(s) are the multicolored fireflies. =D I love fireflies! Oh, and that jar of eyeballs.

Edited by Loki.Dottir

Sooooo, Uhm, I have a possibly stupid, yet helpful question...

Do new release Halloween dragons have a 2-CB-Per-Scroll limit? they don't have that listed next to them in the Wiki like the other holidays do, so I'm curious...

PS: I think my favorite treat(s) are the multicolored fireflies. =D I love fireflies!

There's no scroll limit on Halloween Dragons C: *pets her 60+ CB Desipises*

Halloween CBs are not limited.

Edit: ninja.gif

Edited by Tehya Faye

There's no scroll limit on Halloween Dragons C: *pets her 60+ CB Desipises*

Well then, holy snap, I say. O_O

Well it definitely still looks like a female so it definitely a bug then. If it had worked then I should be seeing a male. Are you sure that's the right pygmy you chose?

I'm sure, I only have 2 females. Also tried it with a male Dark-Myst but that didn't work either. So now I'm curious if the breed in general is glitchy.

Has anyone else found that the gender-switch potion dosn't work on Dark-Myst Pygmies? I'm out 2 potions and their sprites didn't change.

A reference to Carrot Cave? The very idea of getting healthy vegetables on Halloween is just too scary for children, ya know, and we DO have kids here... laugh.gif

"He eats a carrot and sometimes a potato."

I feel like the carrot/potato joke has become so big on DC yet a ton of people have never heard or have forgotten the origin, lawl.

The above is (cleaned up grammar a bit) a description that Murder came across way back in the day. I loved it so much, I pretty much forced it on DC, and it became a part of our lore. =p

(Which may not have been what the artist was referring to, but I like to think that description is really the root of all carrot/potato references on DC. :D )

~

Only picked up one of the new treats so far. =o

*sniffles and holds face* Alas it is not as nice as the spooky upside down human body guy with antlers. I forgot its name, I'm sorry. :'D But he's lovely. Lovely? Sure.

I was pulling for the Broken Hart, but I think Nightmare Stag is its official behind-the-scenes name.

Halloween CBs are not limited.

Edit: ninja.gif

Wait... Those 2 Holiday Eggs per scroll only applied to CBs?!?!?!

*Drops head* Fudge muffins. I thought we could only have two per scroll no matter what, Clean Lineage, Inbred, or whatever.

The losses!!! So many losses!!! T_T