TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

Sorry, Fuzz. I'm really not a lot of use sorting the problems. Socky is much more knowledgeable. About all I can do is suggest clearing the cache, restarting the browser, trying a different one if none of that works. Restarting the computer...

never try to reply to a topic while talking on the phone...

Edited by Fiona BlueFire

Does anyone know how meany tot items there are this year? I read a while back there are 58, however I've got 57 with the last one not make any sort of appearance.

WB

Has anyone else lost ingredients? (Not used them, just lost them from your collection)

I know I had at least one Walking Nepenthes, because I remember getting excited about seeing something new and reading the description of it- but it doesn't seem to be in my ingredient collection and I know I didn't use it huh.gif

If you're wondering, yes, I'm the Event Coordinator. The whole "find ingredients, brew potions. Pick on our dragons" was my idea. Actually, my original idea was to pick on other peoples dragons, but this is more practical in execution and still lots of fun.

Of course the particulars were tweaked a bit in execution so the rest of the staff deserves a lot of credit for what you're actually playing. I'm very happy to hear so many of you are enjoying it.

Really? Thank you for this event! It's fun!! Getting ingredients can be challenging, but that's part of the game!! Thank TJ and everyone who was involved too!

I just got that stupid "page not found, halloween 15 get 1304235408" error YET AGAIN. Why does that keep happening?? So many people have talked about getting that error and yet nothing has been done to fix it? Still very, very frustrating.

No one but TJ knows exactly how long. Experience tells me it's a random time between 2 and 5 minutes, but when I asked him if this type of event could be done and suggested that the ingredients should be more frequent than treats I didn't try to tell him a specific "this often" because he's TJ and will figure that out himself.

If you're wondering, yes, I'm the Event Coordinator. The whole "find ingredients, brew potions. Pick on our dragons" was my idea. Actually, my original idea was to pick on other peoples dragons, but this is more practical in execution and still lots of fun.

Of course the particulars were tweaked a bit in execution so the rest of the staff deserves a lot of credit for what you're actually playing. I'm very happy to hear so many of you are enjoying it.

Thank you so much Fiona for this event. I'm really liking it and I hope you keep coordinating such awesome events~ If you ever need help planning or spriting let me know~ I'd love to be part of something as awesome as this.

Really? Thank you for this event! It's fun!! Getting ingredients can be challenging, but that's part of the game!! Thank TJ and everyone who was involved too!

I agree with you!

FIona, you did an amazing job!!! It's one of the greatest events I've played here on DC!!! wub.gif

I'm having tons of fun with it!

Soooo I made a potion and used it on my ND and nothing happened. There was a puff of smoke or whatever over him but he didn't change into anything but himself again.

user posted image

My eggs hatched, and I got a few more. (Plus, I caught a pumpkin with only 5 days on it!)

Soooo I made a potion and used it on my ND and nothing happened. There was a puff of smoke or whatever over him but he didn't change into anything but himself again.

user posted image

He is female.... xd.png

I reached 57 treats, and none are dropping now. I think I'm done. biggrin.gif

the image in the red scuare is correct?

user posted image

Yes it's. I think it's one of those urban legends or creepypastas thas has to do something with screens. It scared me, tho.

user posted image

This thing is freaking me out. The ToT items were all cute and stuff till this eldritch terror ambled into the mix.

What other horrors lie amid the candies? ninja.gif

**MAJOR EVENT INFO**

Treats are still dropping. There are 62 so far, and not sure if TJ will drop more later!!! I'll update again once we have the total count

There are 31 potion ingredients. They fall anywhere from 3 mins to 10 mins apart. The complete list of ingredients and potions is in this thread Potion Brewing 2015 and in the first post is a document link with all the info.

Some potions are rarer than others it seems, just keep trying. Some potions can only be used on specific dragons. And if you make a potion and there is no dragon list to use it on, then you don't have the dragon that is needed. All potion effects last 24 hours, and are temporary for this Event only, you will not be able to save potions or ingredients afterwards.

Halloween eggs will drop solely and in a continous flood in all biomes the entire 24 hours of Halloween day, Oct 31st, Cave time. You can grab as many as possible during this Holiday only, all other Holidays only allow you 2 eggs each.

The past breedings will go thru and include Halloween day. And even IF your past holiday egg manages to grow up during this event, (earthquake, incubate) it will not breed again, TJ has it fixed to once per year regardless.

At the end of the Event, look at the first page of this thread, there will be a post with all the names of the Event spriters, and what they sprited. All other credits too.

hmmmm...Ok, I hope all this info will help the questions a bit. Lol....I have had to repeat this every few pages, as no one goes back to look. sigh. But I hope it helps a little.

Edited by Riverwillows

user posted image

Someone, I think it was TCA, said that it's supposed to look like that on purpose. It's a corrupted version of her old Pyralspite avatar.

user posted image

People keep asking if this treat is broken or where this treat is from:

user posted image

I'm not too sure (since I haven't actually played the game), but I think it's from the indie game, OFF. At least, the color scheme looks like it is. That or it's from 5 Nights at Freddy's, what with the screens of flickering video and all.

Of course, I could be (and probably likely) wrong.

This treat is actually my old white Pyralspite forum avatar, with glitch effects that are supposed to be a reference to both Missingno and the game Axiom Verge.

I just brewed together Dragon Oncimum, and Flame Lily, and got a potion. But it told me I did not have a dragon for it. I thought I had just about every dragon out, even the coveted Holly.

Oh, just checked the list, it only works on Dinos, and I don't collect those.

I got all the treats, now to collect more ingredients.

I got the pumpkin drags I wanted : ) so I'm happy.

Now just to hatch 'em before Halloween.

I just collected my first Sticky Palm and now i have at least one exemplar of all the ingredients. cool.gif

So i need more and now i can brew a lot of potions and then i will use many, many potions and making screenshots and how can i preserve the sparkling?

Edited by Tigerkralle