TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

It took me using the potion on both my vampires to figure out what it actually did.

I LOVE the one for the Balloon. So cute!

It sparkles (I think) smile.gif I had to get to open side by side in tabs and switch back and forth to see it.

Is it an animation? The sparkles from the Slow Sand potion appear clear as day to me, but I just can't see a thing when I use the Twilit Moss potion.

Is it an animation? The sparkles from the Slow Sand potion appear clear as day to me, but I just can't see a thing when I use the Twilit Moss potion.

No animation they just "glisten" a little.

I made my first potion (been out all day) but the only dragons that appeared available to apply were the blacks. Anyway, it is fun!

Help me out here, what happened to the vampire dragon? I used the potion on it, and it looks the same to my poor old eyes. I tried doing a side-by-side and it looks like maybe his wings got a little brighter? Anyone?

ANd the female vampire has spines down her back like the males. They don't usually have that.

See?

The top female is the changed one; the bottom female is the normal one.

user posted image

Though in poor form, I kind of wish I could hunt for the treats I missed out on the last three years. I'm pretty sure I got all the ones for this year (57) because nothing new has been popping up. There is a noted 58th egg via wiki, but from the looks of it, no one on the board has reported being able to get 58 yet.

Yeah I've been checking scrolls to see if the weird poof egg can be sorted into the basket properly. But no one has it. I've checked probably 20 or 30 baskets by now.

Though it is worth noting that we've had more treats come out midway through the event before, so that one may just be in waiting. And I've been having some absurdly long cool downs between treats lately, it may just be stuck behind an extra long wait.

People keep asking if this treat is broken or where this treat is from:

user posted image

I'm not too sure (since I haven't actually played the game), but I think it's from the indie game, OFF. At least, the color scheme looks like it is. That or it's from 5 Nights at Freddy's, what with the screens of flickering video and all.

Of course, I could be (and probably likely) wrong.

The poof egg has one of my favourite animations, too bad to see it doesn't seem to be obtainable (yet?).

I think I know what the glitch trick or treat is...let me work on it.

Edited by Ashywolf

Did we just become best friends?

Lmao possibly! If I recall correctly it's not the first time I'm seeing nice little nods to fandoms in your art.

Speaking of, I think I also spy a fishing lure.

Ooh, these potions are fun! I hope we'll be able to see our affected dragon's sprites through the badge once it's over.

user posted image

I'm not too sure (since I haven't actually played the game), but I think it's from the indie game, OFF. At least, the color scheme looks like it is. That or it's from 5 Nights at Freddy's, what with the screens of flickering video and all.

Well, they don't fit together, but if you really look at them, you kind of get the idea that it is small images pieces of a dragon (or creature) being captured on nine separate screens. Some parts look like scales, muscle-tone and tattered wings. Then there is the red eye close up in one of them.

I worked out what the glitch treat is. I knew I recognized it from somewhere...

Edited by Ashywolf

user posted image

I've played OFF (it's a great little game) and it doesn't look like anything I recognize.......

I worked out what the glitch treat is. I knew I recognized it from somewhere...

Ah-ha! I was right for the most part! biggrin.gif I just didn't know where the picture came from until now! biggrin.gif

I made an image showing where all the pieces of the glitch treat go in the big picture but...maybe its best left alone for now because I don't want to annoy the spriter.

A question to spriters, could you make an image of the white turning into a messy white with a puff of smoke? It's so cool, but the most I can do is take a screenshot while it's changing. sad.gif

I love that one! And hate I don't have a Desipis to use it on rolleyes.gif

I feel the exact same way. >^< Oh well at least I saved an image of the sprite. :3

I am getting those error messages

page not found errors

halloween 15 get 956235946

and halloween 15 get 1354957640

by any chance trying to get these ingregients like searching the cave for a rare egg? so that means I am facing 75 plus people in certain biomes? if so it would help if the stuff would not move around the page. I think I spent over 25 mins in the jungle biome alone and when something popped up I clicked it but got the page not found error

No, there is no competition for these at all. Maybe your adblocker or something ?

Which biome does the ethereal substance show up in ?

Are people still finding ingredients? They were popping up quite often for me before, but now I've found a third trick-or-treat in a row with no biome items in between. =(

Edit: never mind, I forgot I hadn't picked up yet another ice thyme I'd seen in the alpine, and since I was trying to get a coast item, I didn't notice it. smile.gif

@fuzzbucket - you can see it on the wiki. Highlight to read: Swirling Shadow - Jungle

Edit 2: You're welcome! smile.gif

Edited by MessengerDragon

Are people still finding ingredients? They were popping up quite often for me before, but now I've found a third trick-or-treat in a row with no biome items in between. =(

Edit: never mind, I forgot I hadn't picked up yet another ice thyme I'd seen in the alpine, and since I was trying to get a coast item, I didn't notice it. smile.gif

@fuzzbucket - you can see it on the wiki. Highlight to read: Swirling Shadow - Jungle

I love you biggrin.gif Thanks.