TJ09

2015-10-25 - Halloween Event: Brewing up Mischief

I *love* the one where the copper dragons turn into bright shiny copper if you scrub and electrolyze them. That's just freaking hilarious. Kudos, whoever came up with that. :-D

Since the effects on the dragons only last 24 hours will we be able to keep our ingredients or potions page like we did with the Valentine cave or will it all go away after the event is over?

Also, can anyone tell me how I can check on my Trick or Treat progress without having to spam a page to get a new sprite?

Thanks biggrin.gif

I kind of wonder if its broken. I click on the ngredients and nothing happens. It doesnt

show up in the blue box over the cauldron or anything.

I made my xeno sparkle lol!! biggrin.gifhttps://dragcave.net/lineage/yg7eT

And my Copper did this! https://dragcave.net/lineage/OkqNM

And I want to keep my Plushie!!! https://dragcave.net/lineage/eG7cj

Oh, a plushie! Is that what it is? I kept thinking it looks like the original illustrations in Winnie the Pooh. :-)

It certainly does look huggable!

Sadly, I can't test out the cool looking new dinos. I didn't care for the silly Yoshi like sprites so I never collected them. But I love real dinosaurs. If they had some that looked like this, I'd get them. How come we're updating minorly out-of-date sprites like the silver, gold, and holly to look more "realistic," but not these very out-of-date dinosaurs...?

Since the effects on the dragons only last 24 hours will we be able to keep our ingredients or potions page like we did with the Valentine cave or will it all go away after the event is over?

Also, can anyone tell me how I can check on my Trick or Treat progress without having to spam a page to get a new sprite?

Thanks biggrin.gif

Click on the Hallowe'en basket at the top of your scroll.

Wow, kudos all round for the artists - and can anyone lend me a hat so that I can take it off to whoever did those dinosaurs?

Edit: thanks for the loan of the hat, PixelShark! (Not that you're likely to see this back here...)

Edited by Syphoneira

wickedly delicious fun !!!

thanks, TJ, for another creepily wonderful adventure !!!

if only the Halloween dragons could be Caveborn ---- it would be perfect ...

That's why you gotta show up every year, to get that year's CB. No worries, you'll be able to get this year's CB when it drops soon!

What the heck is that glitchy pink and white trick-or-treat item? Has anyone figured that out yet?

edit: Aaaand people talked about it right above me. Should've read that first, oops.

Edited by Marie19R

Wow, kudos all round for the artists - and can anyone lend me a hat so that I can take it off to whoever did those dinosaurs?

Here you go! ^^

Also, I'm screenshotting all of the dragons I throw a potion on. I just love these too much.

Edited by PixelShark

I second that! The Dinos look AWESOME! wub.gif

I love Halloween in DC, what's your favorite Halloween dragon, guys?

Those treats are taking way longer than just a few minutes to show up and I've been stalking the biomes all day. I only have two items and they refuse to cooperate so I'll wait until a match for one of them comes along.

I really loved DC's Halloween '12-the year the power went out and I feared I'd never get all the treats in time. All the places you could go and completing quests was the best thing ever <3

Oh, a plushie! Is that what it is? I kept thinking it looks like the original illustrations in Winnie the Pooh. :-)

It certainly does look huggable!

Sadly, I can't test out the cool looking new dinos. I didn't care for the silly Yoshi like sprites so I never collected them. But I love real dinosaurs. If they had some that looked like this, I'd get them. How come we're updating minorly out-of-date sprites like the silver, gold, and holly to look more "realistic," but not these very out-of-date dinosaurs...?

I think what it is (IMO, I could be completely wrong ^^; ), is the Balloon but deflated and as such it's all wrinkly hehe laugh.gif Now that you mention is, it does kind of remind me of a DC version of Eeyore xd.png

One of my treats in the trick-or-treat basket turned into a rainbow copper biggrin.gif not sure if it's intentional, but it was a nice surprise upon waking in the morning.

Brewed my first potion with slow sand and bright ice. Will different potions have different effects, or will using two potions on the same dragon react the same way? Also, has anyone posted an image of all of the possible ingredients, potions, and/or treats for this year yet?

I *love* the one where the copper dragons turn into bright shiny copper if you scrub and electrolyze them. That's just freaking hilarious. Kudos, whoever came up with that. :-D

*bows*

The dinos were done by JOTB, for those that were interested. I'll be posting an art credits thread in a few days. We want everyone to have a chance to see them without spoilers first.

I'm really happy with you guys' response to the event. It sounds like everyone is having a great time with it. (Except those experiencing technical difficulties with it, which I'm sorry for. I don't know how to tell you to fix that though.)

One small disclaimer: No dragons were (permanently) changed in the making of this event.

I was wondering the same thing. What is it?

Maybe it's a broken surveillance screen or something? unsure.gif

Hey, does the turn dragon into egg potion work on frills?

Yes it does: Ta-da!

I saw some others try it as well, and I think I saw someone try it on a Bright Pink. :)

I don't know what happened to make it work, I hadn't gotten around to cleaning out my browser, but all of a sudden, now the potions work for me. Wish I could tell what happened to help any others who are still having the problem, but I have no idea!

Well, I brewed my first potion! It was some kind of green potion, and look what it did to Rose!

xd.png This is such a fun event. Once again, thank you to everyone who made this happen!