Vrack

Everything Lovely about Dragon Cave

If the Cave started charging a subscription, would you pay it?  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Say anything that you like about DragCave.

That's basically it...

Rules:

• One thing you love per post.
  • No posting twice in a row.
  • Feel free to discuss and debate the things that you love.
  • You don't have to conform to any of the rules above (they're just there to keep people from ruling the topic).
  • All rules after this you have to follow or be banned.
  • No posting things you hate/dislike about DragCave.
  • If you have a criticism or suggestion about this topic, please PM me;
  • There is to be no negativity of any kind in this topic.

• Be nice! biggrin.gif

BTW: There's also a poll if you want to vote in it. If you say yes then it'll show how much you love the Cave. (I added it to test out how polls work but now I don't know how to get rid of it so it's staying.) Edited by Vrack

This is a place reserved for banned people.

Let's not have to use it, okay? wub.gif

Banned people:

• Haters
  • alot.png
  • No one else so far.....
Edited by Vrack

I'll start:

I love all of the beautiful art that is found around the cave; in sprites, backgrounds, and lineages.

I love the fact that is it free to use, there is no in-game currency that I have to buy to have the whole experience! smile.gif

I love the lore aspects of Dragon Cave, and how each dragon breed exists to help build a beautiful world. At first I played for the gorgeous and interesting sprites, but now I play because I've created my own story within Valkemare made up of my dragons that I have developed an attachment to. wub.gif

I like the cross breeding ....

like the geodes, hellhorses, soulpeace, shallow-water dragons.

Oooh, I found this topic.

First, the fact that it is the first adoptable site I joined. Dragon Cave forever holds a place in my heart, as joining it led the way to meeting all you fantastic people! It led to bad memories, but many good ones to counter it!

The art. Is. Fantastic. The art from the old days is a little meh, but that's the old days when the pallet was smaller. Plus, it's sure as hell better than what I could do, lol.

The newer art is absolutely wowtastic *0*

The lore. I absolutely adore fleshed out worlds with backstory to them, so while the world itself is still being pieced together, it's brilliant.

Of course, the members. All you guys are great <3

Dragon Cave feuled my desire to draw, and prompted me to develop my own stories.

So, only 1 thing I love about DC per post? Guess I'll be making a lot of them then! biggrin.gif

I love DC's awesome community, people on the forums are awesome and generous and it's super fun to be a part of it all!

That most of the sprites are NOT limited release and can be gotten as CB by anyone (given enough time and luck). That's what brought me here and kept me here.

I like that it gives me an excuse to create art.

Oh my god! That's what it did for me! Before I found this I basically drew nothing. But now I make sprites and fan art! It's amazing!

I love the fact that is it free to use, there is no in-game currency that I have to buy to have the whole experience! smile.gif

^ I'm quoting this because I love these things too.

Also enjoy the lovely art available to collect plus the game play flexibility (being able to make lineages if I want to or collect CBs), and I also just think it's an extremely creative game (with the lore and events and whatnot) smile.gif

I like that it gives me an excuse to create art.

I also like that it gives you an excuse to create art! laugh.gif

Too many reasons why I love the Cave... I guess primarily because it feeds to the inner me, a more nerdy, magic loving, imaginative me that I don't get to show in real life. Dragon Cave doesn't judge, Dragon Cave understands, lol, and the people here aren't bad either wink.gif

I love the feeling I get when I catch a caveborn rare, or something with an awesome code

I'll be like :DDDDDDDD

#1: the nostalgia. Joined when I was 11 or 12 for the cute sprites. Heading to college in less than a year and still playing. Many of the same people and threads, and of course the same dragons/overall game structure, are the same as they were when I was an annoying noob.

#2: it's easy to use. It's free. It's not hard to catch up to the super experienced users. It doesn't demand a lot of time. Imo it's superior to most other adoptables sites because of these reasons. I'm not the type of person who games or spends a lot of time on adoptable sites but I'm addicted to DC and I'm in too deep to quit now.

#3: the forums. They are well taken care of and generally very pleasant. They're not dead but not hectic. Going along with that, I really like the people here.

#4: the anonymity. This place is basically like social media for me except nobody I know irl knows that I'm here and I very much enjoy the sense of privacy, having this one thing to myself.

#5: the dragons! All of the sprites are so wonderful and the whole idea of gathering so many diverse little pixel critters makes me so happy and content. My scroll is a zen garden of mythical reptiles.

That it's given me an online community to be a part of for about a third of my life so far.

That, through it, I fell in love with and learned how to make pixel art, and found reason to tap back into my artistic side.

That it allows me to explore creativity and think of new concepts and ideas.

That it has given me countless friends that live states, nations, even continents away from me.

That it has educated me on a myriad of complex real-world issues and movements.

That it is something that can be played an infinite number of ways, however I feel like playing.

For all that and more, thank you, Dragon Cave. You are a part of who I am today.

I love the thrill of getting a cave born of a dragon that I've only found in the AP before. I also love all the bumpy dragon scales, they're so cute!

Edited by Vrack