Mystic_Halo

What are you breeding this Halloween?

Hi,

I'm interested in seeing what people are breeding for this Halloween.

I like to breed for checkerboard lineages if possible, and I would like to know that there are other dragons of those types, to help the people who get their eggs continue on their lineages if they want to do this. Sometimes people have wonderful ideas that I haven't put together, and I'm interested in knowing what choices you plan to make with your dragons.

I don't have any hard and fast decisions as yet, but so far I'm considering:

male Shadow Walker with Female GoNs

female Shadow Walkers with male Blue Chrono Xenos or male GoNs

or

female Cavern Lurkers with male Blue Chrono Xenos, but maybe Golden Wyvern males.

Male Cavern Lurkers with female Spirit Wards

Female Grave x male Orange Pyraspite

Desipis x Magma crosses - I really like these.

I'd really like to know what your ideas, thoughts, and plans are for your dragons.

The only CB Halloweens I have are Desipis, but these are what I'm breeding this year. Well, 2nd gen versions of those. xd.png

Nice! So many neat crosses! May I ask what you're doing to make the layouts?

Thank you for letting me know.

Edited by Mystic_Halo

Mystic:

Female Shadow Walker with the Male Chrono Xenowyrm. I think they would look lovely together.

Desipis with Mageia, most likely both gender combinations.

Male Desipis with Female Pyro Xenowyrms.

The Graves and Orange Pyralspite sounds nice, but I only have female Orange Pyralspites, so I will use them with male Graves.

Of course, I want to try my gold and silver with Desipis mates this year as well... I have plenty Desipis for these.

Tehya:

Your hellfire and Desipis idea looks amazing. I may have to try it as well... Maybe we can figure out non holiday swaps later biggrin.gif

Also fond of your lumina idea.

The only CB Halloweens I have are Desipis, but these are what I'm breeding this year. Well, 2nd gen versions of those. xd.png

Oh gosh, I love the Desipis x Plated Colossus. Fitting!

As this is my first really holiday event, I have no holiday dragons so I'll instead be fishing through the AP for nice lines.

Let's see, well I've only got CB Lurkers and CB Graves, so I'll be breeding my graves with Spessartines and Magmas (and the offspring will be going to the AP) and as for the Lurkers? I'll probably breed them with Blacks and Whites, honestly. But I don't plan on doing much 2G trading, so everything I breed is just gonna go the AP.

I'll be breeding all my CB's (got a ton of Lurkers and a couple of SW, Graves and Despises, so there'll be plenty of neat combinations - haven't really settled on pairing for every dragon, I'll definitely make a Lurker x Ice line, the rest will be more a spur of the moment decision - pretty much everything will be gifted or AP's and I plan on catching a ton of 2nd gens and higher checkers), but I'm especially looking forward to breeding my checkers (got them gathered here, just scroll past the Valentine dragons). Plenty of nice combos to go around. smile.gif

Edited by stagazer_7

I'll be looking out for some awesome checker lineages and trades! I have a couple of neat checkers already (one of my favs is a perfect male Silver x female Shadow Walker checker), but I'll be on the hunt for some more...and breeding some more where I can! I also missed most of last year's Holiday dragons, including the Halloween release, so I'll be looking to trade my dragons for those :')

I can breed a 3rd gen Shadow Walker from my Silver checker if anyone is interested! smile.gif

I am looking for a Shadow Walker from a female Gold, because I have a stunning female Gold from a spriter's alt Shadow Walker who desperately needs a checker mate :')

Edited by Twilight Dream

I don't catch/collect past Halloween lineages once I have my six of a breed, so I just pick interesting pairings and send 'em to the AP. c: I have CBs of Shadow Walkers onward so the majority will be 2nd gens with some miscellaneous lineages tossed in. The ones I'm looking forward to most are Cavern Lurker x Spirit Ward, Desipis x Cassare, and Desipis x Magi purely for the giggles. XD Also I think Silver Lunar Herald x Shadow Walker is gorgeous and definitely will be doing that~ ^-^

Edited by Denwayasha

Well, I have a few 2-3EGs that I found last Halloween that I'll be breeding to make checkers. And my Grave and Desipis CBs.

Here are a few that you'll be able to find in the AP once breeding opens:

(2G:)

Grave (from female Pyralspite--Spessartine)

Grave (from male White)

Desipis (from female Gold)

Desipis (from male Silver)

Desipis (from female Silver)

Desipis (from female Plated Colossus)

Desipis (from male Hellfire)

Desipis (from female Xeno--Pyro)

***These 2Gs will be bred as an IOU fulfillment, but any offspring will go to the AP***

I also have another female Grave, female Desipis, and male Desipis that I have not decided who I will be breeding to.

(3EG:)

Pumpkin (from female Dark Myst)

Pumpkin (from male Crimson Flare)

Shadow Walker (from female Blusang)

Shadow Walker (from male Nebula--Purple)

Shadow Walker (from male Silver)

Cavern Lurker (from male Lumina)

Grave (from female GoN)

(4EG:)

Pumpkin (from female Dark Myst)

The only CB Halloweens I have are some Shadowalkers and a small hoard of Desipises. :b I missed most of the events I could have attended because hiatus lol. This year I want to get really real though and get as much done as possible. I'm breeding my Shadowalkers right now to a bunch of things so maybe someone who'll find them useful catches one. During the of Halloween breeding I have someone to gift to and then I'll save all my CB till later on in case I see someone who needs a certain pairing and haven't been able to find one in the ap.

I'll definitely breed shadowwalker siblings to the 3rd gens in this lineage, so I can breed proper 4th gen inverted checkers. Hope I don't screw up the influence on them, inverted checkers keep confusing me, and I've influenced some of the avatars wrong and had to rebreed them xd.png

Also, 2nd gen marrows from royal crimsons. Would like to do a lineage with them.

This year I am breeding:

Cavern Lurker x Mageia

Cavern Lurker x Chronos

Cavern Lurker x Almandine

Cavern Lurker x Spessartine

Grave x Spessartine

Despis x ....not sure. Brute, Magma, Royal Crimson maybe...

Edited by Eos

Just curious, is anybody breeding purebred pairs? I don't see many posts about it lol

EDIT: But for myself, I have some CB Lurkers so I'll be breeding them pure or to Spirit Wards depending on what someone wants for sure ^^

Edited by Andalusian

Just curious, is anybody breeding purebred pairs? I don't see many posts about it lol

I'll be breeding PB Halloween lines:

Pumpkin - keeping Gen5, everything else goes to AP

Black Marrow - keeping Gen5, everything else goes to AP

Shadow Walker - keeping Gen4, everything else goes to AP

Cavern Lurkers - - keeping Gen4 & a few Gen3s, everything else goes to AP

Grave - keeping Gen3, everything else goes to AP

Desipis - keeping Gen2

EDIT: But for myself, I have some CB Lurkers so I'll be breeding them pure or to Spirit Wards depending on what someone wants for sure ^^

I'll probably breed some 2nd gen PB Desipises for the AP this year. Assuming that my Desipis pairs breed 2-3 eggs each I can probably throw about 80~90 eggs to the AP. :b

nothing, its my first one and im feeling the stress i have this lovely shadow walker X gold absolutely HAVE to find the right mate for and i don't think many people are breeding that particular cross and my odds of finding one on the AP are SLIM GOSH WHHHHY THE STRESS!?

Edited by blockEdragon

nothing, its my first one and im feeling the stress i have this lovely shadow walker X gold absolutely HAVE to find the right mate for and i don't think many people are breeding that particular cross and my odds of finding one on the AP are SLIM GOSH WHHHHY THE STRESS!?

You might be surprised. I caught that pairing last year in 2nd gen form actually (except I caught the spriter's alt). You just gotta keep an eye out. biggrin.gif There's usually a wide variety of interesting combinations to pick from for each Halloween dragon.

I'm not going to bother being super detailed, but basically

CL x Almaldine

Grave x Spessartine

PB Pumpkins

PB Marrows

Sweetling x Marrow

Maybe Desipis x Hellfire? Don't know about that yet.

Shadow Walker x Gold

--> (This pairing is quite common actually blockE; I would offer you one but unfortunately the two 3Gs I can breed are already spoken for. But you shouldn't have too many problems I would think)

Shadow Walker x Silver

Shadow x Solstice

Shadow x Yulebuck

Shadow x White

Shadow x Heartseeker

Shadow x Silver Shimmer Spiral

PB Shadow Walkers

...Try to guess what my favourite dragon breed is tongue.gif

There are a couple of other lines I'd like to try, but at the moment I'm a bit overwhelmed with what I need to continue my current projects, and may not get around to anything else!

One of the main things I do each Halloween is try and hatch eggs for freezing. I aim to get an S1 and both genders of S2 for each breed, so I breed the eggs Im using for that, then breed my others that I don't want to keep but others might like. Then after Im not egg locked I'll breed the eggs I want for breeding projects (like my GraveXWinter Magi project) and prehaps grab a few eggs from the AP if i'm not locked. Then during the release I grab 7 new eggs. As soon as Im not scroll locked again I go to the AP to fish for any remaining Halloween eggs that I can hatch quickly, and I specifically look for any nice lineages.

Not all my breeding pairs are from the nicest lineages, but I tend to use the messy ones for freezing anyway.

My pairs

Female Pumpkin (3rd gen from CB pumpkin and 2nd gen pygmy) X CB Nilia Pygmy.

Female Pumpkin (daughter of above) X CB Crimson Flare Pygmy

Male Pumpkin (2nd gen from Misfit Pygmy) X 2nd gen Pygmy (from pumpkin)

Female Pumpkin (daughter of above) X 3rd even gen pumpkin (pumpkin-pygmy checker)

Male Pumpkin (messy 4th gen) X CB Pygmy

Male Pumpkin (4th gen downward staircase) X ? (last years baby, needs a mate)

Male Pumpkin (4th gen upwards staircase) X ? (last years baby, might not breed as will be messy)

CB Marrow X CB Marrow

Male Marrow (2nd gen Marrow X Daydream) X 2nd gen PB Pillow

Male Marrow (2nd gen Marrow X Daydream) X 2nd gen daydream (marrow X daydream)

Male Marrow (3rd

gen from Pillow) X 3rd gen Marrow (from Sweetling)

Male Marrow (3rd gen Marrow X Daydream NOT checker) X 3rd gen Thunder (from Yulebuck)

Male Marrow (3rd gen from CB Marrow X 2nd gen Ember) X CB Fever wyvern

Female Marrow (4th gen daughter of above) X ? (CB something)

Female Marrow (2nd gen from Rosebud) X 2nd gen Red (from Marrow)

Male Marrow (3rd gen downward staircase with red nebula) X CB Black (working on getting CB red nebula)

Female Marrow (5th gen messy) X ? (possibly with old mate, at least 20 gen alt black dorkface)

Male Marrow (4th gen downward staircase) X CB Black

Male Marrow (2nd gen PB) X ? (am looking for a 2nd gen PB as a mate for him this year)

Male Marrow (4rd even gen Marrow X Black, all CB females are rosebuds) X ?

Male Marrow (3rd gen downward staircase) X ? (probably a CB Arsani)

Female Marrow (3rd gen spiral with winters) X CB Winter seasonal

CB Female Shadow Walker X ? (one of two downward staircase mates, a male pink or a male silver shimmer)

CB Female Shadow Walker X CB Ember

CB Male Shadow Walker X CB Horse

CB Male Shadow Walker X CB Shadow Walker

CB Male Shadow Walker X CB Ribbon Dancer

Male Shadow Walker (2nd gen son of above) X 2nd gen Hellhorse

Male Shadow Walker (2nd gen from ember mother) X 2nd gen Shadow walker (from ember father, makes an arrow)

Female Shadow Walker (3rd gen from Winter Magi almost checker) X 3rd even gen Lumina

Female Shadow Walker (3rd even gen PB) X 3rd even gen Red (temp mate till I find a 3rd even gen PB mate)

CB Male Cavern Lurker X CB Cavern Lurker

CB Female Cavern Lurker X CB Brute

CB Female Cavern Lurker X ? (needs new mate)

CB Female Cavern Lurker X CB Black

Male Cavern Lurker (3rd even gen) X

Male Cavern Lurker (2nd gen PB) X ?

Female Cavern Lurker (3rd even gen) X ?

Female Cavern Lurker (2nd gen from Brute) X 2nd gen Cavern Lurker (from golden wyvern)

Male Cavern Lurker (3rd even gen) x ?

Male Cavern Lurker (2nd gen from Balloon) X ?

CB Female Grave X CB Winter Magi

CB Male Grave X CB Grave

CB Male Grave X CB Carmine Wyvern

CB Male Grave X Messy Valentine

CB Female Grave X CB Winter Magi

CB Female Grave X 3rd gen downward staircase Red

Female Grave (2nd gen from Winter Magi) X 2nd gen Winter Magi (from grave)

Male Grave (2nd gen PB) X 2nd gen grave (from Pyralspite)

I also have 7 CB Desipis but no idea what Im doing with them as far as breeding goes.

I'm breeding a 2nd gen pb Shadow Walker for someone so any other eggs in that clutch might find their way to the AP

I definitely can't wait to see that wall of eggs the AP; This is my first actual holiday and I'd love to see all those beautiful Halloween eggs fill the AP up wub.gif