Jazeki

Extend Holiday Breeding

Actually, they are sitting for 24 hrs + 7 hrs in the AP. Remember, the AP adds a full day the *first* time an egg *shows up* in the AP.

But! Other than that minor technicality, you are correct: the wall has been in existence since the event started. And in fact, I'm finding it a lot harder than usual to find the lineages I want, because its so clogged with eggs no one is taking because they are uglies... And I have no way to see what eggs I've already picked up at least once.

Cheers!

C4.

My apologies. I didn't know a day was added for the holiday eggs, I thought it was just for regular eggs.

Support more now. The AP is so 'stressed' right now that even Halloweens are sitting for many hours. Some common eggs I dropped before the events but kept trac of the codes from have less the 4 hours to live. Eggs are dying behind the wall right now and its not even Halloween yet.

sad.gif

Hmm, I'm a bit confused; is this perhaps your first event? smile.gif Because it's not new at all that Halloween dragons that are raised in the Halloween breeding season cannot breed in the season. The site just pretends they bred a week before the end of the breeding season, essentially.

(Additionally, as a web-developer, I see no problem even with implementing a completely different system that doesn't use that flag in particular, though I don't think that's necessary at all. Just feasible. That being said, it's generally good form to leave the feasibility decision up to TJ.)

Edit:

There's a separate suggestion for that here: AP: 1 line of non-Holiday during Holidays. Go pitch in your support! biggrin.gif Most people seem to think that it's a pretty good suggestion.

This is actually my first event yes.

Support more now. The AP is so 'stressed' right now that even Halloweens are sitting for many hours. Some common eggs I dropped before the events but kept trac of the codes from have less the 4 hours to live. Eggs are dying behind the wall right now and its not even Halloween yet.

sad.gif

Only gonna get worse from here. The CB drop is tomorrow so nobody's going to grab anything above 5d 12h, and then everyone's going to be locked for another two days before they can take anything off the AP.

You weren't kidding about stuff dying behind the wall though. I bred a bunch of rare-ish things just before the event started, and they're down to 1d 11h right now. They're pretty much guaranteed to die. Feels bad man.

Only gonna get worse from here. The CB drop is tomorrow so nobody's going to grab anything above 5d 12h, and then everyone's going to be locked for another two days before they can take anything off the AP.

You weren't kidding about stuff dying behind the wall though. I bred a bunch of rare-ish things just before the event started, and they're down to 1d 11h right now. They're pretty much guaranteed to die. Feels bad man.

I know! Vampire are kinda Halloweens so I thought that when the wall went down for a while they would be lower time and would make someone happy so I didn't feel bad abut dropping them. Now Im kicking myself. Starving them seems meaner then just biting or killing them, you know?

But if there are so many Halloweens that they sit for more then 12 hour blocking the whole ap before someone can take them that is bad. I wonder how many Halloweens are behind them. If its that many hours there could be hundreds and it isn't Halloween yet so more will come.

I feel like something needs to be done before next year since next year will be worse.

But if there are so many Halloweens that they sit for more then 12 hour blocking the whole ap before someone can take them that is bad. I wonder how many Halloweens are behind them. If its that many hours there could be hundreds and it isn't Halloween yet so more will come.

There are days worth of Halloweens behind them. Last I checked, it was taking eggs over a full day to hit the AP. That was when the AP was showing stuff at 6d 23h or so. Now the event's closer to ending and everyone's dropping all the breedings they were holding back, and nobody's grabbing because of the CB drop coming, so the wait time for something behind the wall has gone way up.

I feel like something needs to be done before next year since next year will be worse.

Agreed. At some point there will be enough holiday eggs that it's not possible to clear the AP before even holidays die behind the wall. I actually think the AP will get down to 4d and change before it clears out this year. It's kind of a crazy guess but things are already at 6d 7h and most of the site is facing a guaranteed 2d lock.

There are days worth of Halloweens behind them. Last I checked, it was taking eggs over a full day to hit the AP. That was when the AP was showing stuff at 6d 23h or so. Now the event's closer to ending and everyone's dropping all the breedings they were holding back, and nobody's grabbing because of the CB drop coming, so the wait time for something behind the wall has gone way up.

Agreed. At some point there will be enough holiday eggs that it's not possible to clear the AP before even holidays die behind the wall. I actually think the AP will get down to 4d and change before it clears out this year. It's kind of a crazy guess but things are already at 6d 7h and most of the site is facing a guaranteed 2d lock.

Yep. And the saddest part is that what is going on with the AP now has been predicted for months.

Well, on the plus side, there will be chances at low-time Halloweens after everyone (edit: is) unlocked from the New Releases, and we already know that it's generally best to stop breeding non-Holiday dragons at least a couple of days prior to any Holiday Release, because most people won't want anything else in the brief periods that Holidays are available every year and the results of breeding to the AP just before Holiday breeding/Releases are entirely predictable.

If we all remembered to stop breeding to the AP several days prior to Holiday breeding seasons, there wouldn't be this problem.

Edited by Syphoneira

Well, on the plus side, there will be chances at low-time Halloweens after everyone (edit: is) unlocked from the New Releases, and we already know that it's generally best to stop breeding non-Holiday dragons at least a couple of days prior to any Holiday Release, because most people won't want anything else in the brief periods that Holidays are available every year and the results of breeding to the AP just before Holiday breeding/Releases are entirely predictable.

If we all remembered to stop breeding to the AP several days prior to Holiday breeding seasons, there wouldn't be this problem.

I'm having a bit of a problem on seeing the plus side. By the way, I did not breed anything in the week before Halloween, actually not even stuff that I knew would be picked up very fast from the notice board. That fact and the those-are-only-pixels fact do not stop me from being a bit sad.

I'm having a bit of a problem on seeing the plus side. By the way, I did not breed anything in the week before Halloween, actually not even stuff that I knew would be picked up very fast from the notice board. That fact and the those-are-only-pixels fact do not stop me from being a bit sad.

I know, but since we all know that there will be a Holiday Wall and that eggs in behind this have in the past gone ultra-ER and could die, (although this year TJ cleverly switched things around and we had a great time hatching and gifting/reAbandoning hatchies, biggrin.gif ) we do need to start planning our breeding better and not breed for the AP during periods where we know that the eggs are likely to be trapped behind a Holiday Wall during a scheduled annual Holiday breeding period and New Release.

There are only 3 such periods each year to plan for and I'd think that it really shouldn't be hard for us more experienced people to work around them, knowing that people generally want to fill up on dragons available only for a brief period every year and can wait a couple of weeks for those sprites which are available year-round.