Sinion Kabe

Spriter Alt

I recently discovered that I had a 7th Gen Bronze Tinsel that orignated from (Jewel)

(the Shimmer-Scale Spriter Alt)

It prompted me to take a proper look at all of the Spriter Alt dragons. They are all glorious looking (props to the talented Spriters) and even though I understand it wouldn't be right for gamers to obtain an actual Alt, how about some kind of raffle to distribute 2nd Gen eggs from Spriter Alt dragons? Maybe one of each Alt offspring given out per month? Maybe the winners could be determined by replying to a topic in order to enter a raffle? Or maybe the offspring eggs could be randomly dropped in various biomes (I know this is usually CB only but just an idea)

Of course, people will think of different ideas and variations on how this sort of thing would be done but I just wanted the community to put their views across on such an idea.

I'm sure winning offspring from such brilliant looking dragons would be a great extra activity for us to look forward to and enjoy!

Edited by Sinion Kabe

You can easily ask for 3rd-4th gen Spriter alt offsprings all around the forums and Spriter Alt owners are trading their 2nd gens ~ you just need to make a deal.

Since Spriter Alts are mostly holiday dragons what you are suggesting is impossible since they can only breed when it's that particular holiday season, if you mean rare/uncommon offfsprings from those dragons that is possible and is happening all the time :J

The spriter alts belong to the respective owners; aside from their coloring, they are perfectly normal dragons. As such, the spriters are free to do as they please with them.

Many spriters actually do give away 2g eggs, and have quite the list for them. Others trade 2gs for certain things. But I don't think it would be fair to force them to breed and give away eggs, nor would it be fair for TJ to forcibly breed the dragons for them. (Golden rule applies here - if you wouldn't want someone going on your scroll and breeding your dragons, it's probably not a good idea to go on someone else's scroll and breed their dragons.)

Sorry, but absolutely no support.

I've looked at the Trading forum of recent and it's not so easy to obtain 3rd Gen Prize Dragons (let alone 2nd Gen) unless you have top-notch eggs to exchange for them. Some users here don't have the man power for the exchanges because very rare CB eggs (golds/silvers and other metallics) are difficult to grab. And the eggs could be given out during each holiday event.

I did not use the word "force" when it came to Spriters breeding their dragons. It would obviously be something that the Spirters would actually agree to in the first place. Some Spriters may enjoy breeding for the purpose of a raffle event, for all we know.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

The spriter alts belong to the respective owners; aside from their coloring, they are perfectly normal dragons. As such, the spriters are free to do as they please with them.

Many spriters actually do give away 2g eggs, and have quite the list for them. Others trade 2gs for certain things. But I don't think it would be fair to force them to breed and give away eggs, nor would it be fair for TJ to forcibly breed the dragons for them. (Golden rule applies here - if you wouldn't want someone going on your scroll and breeding your dragons, it's probably not a good idea to go on someone else's scroll and breed their dragons.)

This neatly sums up my thoughts on this. and I don't think I own any offspring off spriter alts (regardless of gen) And possibly never will, because I don't really look for them or care.

I've looked at the Trading forum of recent and it's not so easy to obtain 3rd Gen Prize Dragons (let alone 2nd Gen) unless you have top notch eggs to exchange for them and some users here don't have the man power for that as very rare CB eggs are hard to grab. And the eggs could be given out during each holiday event.

I wouldn't use the word "force" when it comes to Spriters breeding their dragons. It would obviously be something that the Spirters would actually agree to.

I give away 3rd gen prize dragons to random people, as well as starting to gift 3rd gens of a spirters alt kin I traded for .

So you really can't say it's not easy to obtain 3rd gen prizes. 2nd gens are a pain to get unless you work out a trade, know someone, or just find the right person.

I give away 3rd gen prize dragons to random people, as well as starting to gift 3rd gens of a spirters alt kin I traded for .

So you really can't say it's not easy to obtain 3rd gen prizes. 2nd gens are a pain to get unless you work out a trade, know someone, or just find the right person.

Based on my own experience during my time here at Dragon Cave, I can personally say that it isn't easy for me to obtain these eggs (I have PM'ed people and offered transfers).

So, I can say that and I can't be the only one to think it. And, as you said, it is very difficult to obtain 2nd Gen.

Besides, this is a thread discussing the idea of distributing 2nd Gen offspring from Spriter Alts via a raffle event. And even though some Spriters do possibly trade and/or give away 2nd Gen Spriter Alt eggs, I am sure this kind of event would only be a positive thing for the community if TJ and the Spriters had the extra time and chose to do it.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

I've looked at the Trading forum of recent and it's not so easy to obtain 3rd Gen Prize Dragons (let alone 2nd Gen) unless you have top-notch eggs to exchange for them. Some users here don't have the man power for the exchanges because very rare CB eggs (golds/silvers and other metallics) are difficult to grab. And the eggs could be given out during each holiday event.

Depends on your timing and your luck.

3rd-gen prizes are easiest to get immediately after a release, when people will happily trade 3gs for new release CBs. Uncommons, such as Xenos, are often good for trades too, as are respectable quantities of common CB hatchies. (Heck, I would personally be willing to trade a couple of 3g prizes for some help picking up the rest of the CB commons I need for scroll completion. And I know for a fact I'm not the only one.) Ditto 3rd-gen spriter's alts.

You can also stalk the departure thread and hope to get lucky. I own a single 2g spriter's alt and a couple of 3gs, and breed them on cd for the departure thread (or occasionally straight to the AP if I'm locked). Fairly sure others do this as well. (As a matter of fact, my 2g is off cooldown right now... PM me within the next hour or two if you'd like a breeding.)

I did not use the word  "force"  when it came to Spriters breeding their dragons. It would obviously be something that the Spirters would actually agree to in the first place. Some Spriters may enjoy breeding for the purpose of a raffle event, for all we know.

I am under the distinct impression that the spriters who wish to give away/ffa their eggs already do so. The only argument I could see being made here is that some might want to give away their eggs but don't have the time to do so.

This, absolutely. The dragons belong to their owners, and the owners may do with them whatever they want. They don't have to breed their alts at all, so we should be grateful they do not only breed them, but even spread their offspring around.

Look, I get that some things are hard to get. But this suggestion just really doesn't make sense. All of those dragons already probably have existing lists, and the raffle would either have to take its place in line or else you'd have to make people who've already been waiting and perhaps already "paid" for the egg in some cases wait even longer, which isn't fair. Also there's the fact that breeding isn't predictable. All the spriter alt owners could love the idea and earnestly want to participate but then get no eggs from their dragons for weeks on end, or the wrong breed if you were going for specific ones. There are just too many problems with this idea for it to be practical.

But don't give up! Yes it's hard to get but it isn't impossible. I own two G2 prizes and both were gifts. Both of my CB golds and my CB almandine were gifts (and all from the same person!) All these gifts appeared out of the blue, too. And my two CB silvers were given to me as an IOU on a bulk common/uncommon hatchie trade. There are plenty of people out there who do breed and gift really nice things.

Also if you're willing to settle for G3 SA offspring those aren't so hard to find or trade for. I got some really pretty ones from the Dragonmarket on EATW.

Some people are missing the point. I would not expect any of the Spriters to be "forced" into taking part. It's just an idea, jeez! Lol.

And I wouldn't go as far as saying the suggestion didn't make sense, regardless of any lists that probably already exist. And I'm sure Spriters would still have plenty of opportunity to fulfil their other obligations when it comes to ordinary lists/paid lists anyway. I'm not talking about a daily raffle or anything. It's one egg slot here and there.

Even though you guys seem dead-against the idea, I still think it would be an easier way for some lucky users to obtain offspring from an extremely rare Spriters Alt. Shame you guys don't see it the same way, so far.

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Imagine you're forced to breed and giveaway your precious dragon's offspring without having a say in it just because you had your part in spriting it.. this is actually what you're asking for to be done to holiday spriters... ^^;

If you're the spriter who has a spriter's alt, and want to hold some contest/raffles/giveavays for its offspring, it's all allright. It's just it's not your dragons you're talking about^^;

Edited by VixenDra

If you need a 3G Prize or slightly higher I can (and, chances are, more people) are willing to breed you one for free as long as you don't trade it or harm, EQ, etc.

Otherwise, I do not support this as Spriter's Alts are a token of gratitude from TJ for the hard work the spriters have put into the sprites and designing their background story. The spriters can do what they please with the alt. Stalk the trading threads after new releases; sometimes you'll find a spriter looking for several new release hatchies.

VixenDra, you should take the time in reading my posts more carefully. I have never mentioned the word "forced"....jeez! Lol. It would be something the Spriters would obviously agree to. Neither do I expect any Spriter to agree to this idea in the first place as, of course, I am grateful for the work that they already do here at DC. Maybe you are totally misunderstanding how the event would work?

Stellaluna22, thanks for the tip on stalking the Trading sections for 2nd Gen Spriter Alts after new releases. Is a long shot but could pay off wink.gif Winning an actual "raffle" would also be a long shot but it was just an idea for the site.

Maybe a few lucky users would have a chance at an alt offspring that way. But would it really increase your chance or mine of owning one? The very nature of a raffle argues against that. How many raffles and how often would they have to be to significantly increase that chance? And since the spriters are probably already breeding their alts, doesn't that just take the chance away from someone else who might get it by gift or trade?

Spriter alts belong to specific users. It isn't fair to put stipulations on what to do with their alts, such as having them all participate in a cave raffle when they already breed their dragons and even give them away or trade them.

Plenty of spriter alts are traded or gifted. Most users doing this have information in their profile about how to get on a list for a 2nd gen offspring from their dragon. Many of us with 2nd gen or other low gen spriter altkins also trade, gift, and breed for the AP. If you want offspring from a spriters alt, either politely approach someone who can help with this or keep an eye on the trading section and AP. =)

Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and close this topic.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler