one, breathed in their last,

one, stabbed by lover's blade,

one, which plague claimed them fast.

Eight who fell by hand of fate,

eight who fell and came as one,

eight who realized far too late,

that they would soon be undone.

-----

Within this world that you have found yourself within, you remember how you died, and not much beyond that. How you died affects your appearance, either emaciated from hunger, or with veins sick from poison and plague.

However you have gotten here, you are obviously confused. Did you not die? So then what is this strange place?

Perhaps these questions can be answered here, within this place of lost memories.

Upon touching the fragment in your pocket, you feel as though you're not the only one hearing your own thoughts....

-----

CHARACTER SHEETS:

Name:

Appearance:

Personality:

History:

Which One of the Eight?:

Other:

-----

(( Yes, I know I like to play as couples, and if all eight aren't claimed, then I'll make another character. But I'd like to give everyone a chance to join. ))

-----

RULES:

-You will not originally remember much about yourself, nor the history in your character sheet. For once, I'm ok with you putting "to be roleplayed" in the history part. However, I would prefer if it were written for future reference.

-Your character has no weapons or special powers - at least... not yet. So please don't suddenly form any.

-Any wounds sustained in life persist through death. Be creative! Holes in your chest where your heart was for a stab wound are just as interesting as a lost limb or a broken bone. But somehow, you're still able to move, even if your entire body is shattered (I'm talking to you, stone death victim.)

-We are all victims of a medieval nature. So we're not going to see present day people here standing around wondering why some people are wearing chainmail and cloaks. The victims are, however, not from the same time period in the feudal era, or the same location. Some could be from China, others from Britain, etc. Each has their own distinctive background. Try to be unique!

-If you have any questions, PM them to me. You may also PM your sheet to me if you would rather your history remain unknown. Just send me a message telling me to omit it, and I'd be more than happy to!

(( More may be added to this post as time goes on.))

------

ACCEPTED SHEETS:

THAELASAN OF THE PLAGUE:

Name: Lucien-Jacques De Marquis Neumont

Appearance: A nobleman wearing the robes of a doctor, Lucien is a man with the appearance of obvious goals and desires. Donning the mask of a plague doctor, the long nose and round, glass eyes give him the appearance of a crow or raven. His robes are white, hanging long upon his tall frame. His hair, black and long, is tied behind his head and allowed to go down his back in a loose ponytail. His face, behind the mask, is noble, with French features and a small mustache and goatee. His eyes are blue.

Personality: Extremely scrutinizing, detailed, and to the point, Lucien's personality may seem cold and arrogant. Yet, this personality is meant to be apathetic, without sympathy. For, as a doctor, becoming attached to his patients in his time would have ruined him mentally. His condescending and blunt nature masks a man who is genuinely concerned for the health of those around him. However, he loves the human body and its anatomy, down to the last detail. He sketches and draws various poses of the body as he studies its complexities. This quirk may seem concerning and horrific, but to him... it is yet another experiment.

History: For the first time, I am hiding this for now.

Which One of the Eight?: He who died by plague.

Other: He still carries his medical supplies, a strange book written in French, and his sketchbook with writing utensils.

AROARA OF THE SWORD:

name: Ray (Two-eyed) Velchez

Appearance: his front (with a grey eye and the other hazel) the scarred one is hazel. back like this He has a brand on his right wrist like a Spanish coin with a sinking ship. He normally has on loose clothing of dull neutral colors boots and wrist guards covering the brand.

Personality: silent, thoughtful, although hard to earn his trust. Once his trust is gained, he follows the same guidelines he was trained to follow, protect the fellow men till death. He rarely smiles, is brutally honest, and follows instinct/ instructions to the T. The kind when directly threatened he kills to get rid of the threat.

History: ((hidden for now))

Which One of the Eight?: one, stabbed by lover's blade

Other: He has three marks on his belly that looks like this blade can cook very well, and can use multiple swords and daggers.

DORCHADAS OF THE POISON:

Name: Viriphraim de Bergamo

Appearance(In death): A 5'10" man with grayish white stringy hair down to his shoulders that looks like it was once quite handsome. His other features are indistinguishable save for his deep blue eyes and the slightly green tinged skin around them. The rest of his body is tightly bound in bandages that seem perpetually dusty. Over them he wears a smeared and dirty white suit with silver trim.

Personality: Optimistic and virtuous. Always tries to do the right thing, even at self cost. Think lawful good except sad.

History: (Asked to be hidden for now.)

Which One of the Eight?: One, poisoned and betrayed.

Other:

DOCTORTEAR OF THE WATER:

Name: Kestrel Slavica

Appearance: Standing at around 5’6” (around 171cm), Kestrel is on the taller side of the spectrum. She has smooth dark skin with little to no blemishes upon her body. Kestrel’s body shape is an inverted triangle with her athleticism showing through the muscles coursing through her body. Her pierced ears are barely visible in the cascade of long, wavy, black hair that consumes them. She has a diamond-shaped face with flushed cheeks and raised cheekbones Her nose is comparable to a button with a dipping bridge. Her rich, caramel eyes that sparkle with mischief settled underneath her arching thin eyebrows. Fitting, comfortable clothing that is tightly secured where it needs to be and loose everywhere else is what Kestrel will wear. A white cloth blouse that hangs loosely from Kestrel's body is secured by a scarlet bodice that firmly grips her chest, though it does little to fully conceal her bosom. A brown, buccaneer jacket hangs on top of of the bodice. Black boots reaching up to Kestrel's knees settle upon her feet while gold-painted bracers are locked down on Kestrel’s wrists. Her entire body is in an eternal state of being soaked, making it so that Kestrel is always drenched in water. Her normally wavy hair is falls down her back in a semi-straight state. Kestrel’s also remain wet, causing them to loosen up and appear baggy on her body. Rope has been tightly secured around Kestrel’s waist

Personality: Highly opinionated, Kestrel was the bane of her village as she was always harping about one thing or another. She is heavily independent, depending on no one for anything. She loathes being forced to stay in a single place for too long and yearns to do whatever her heart desires. She is highly sarcastic and isn’t afraid to tell a plethora of bad jokes. She has a dark, and somewhat inappropriate, sense of humor and often jests at climactic moments. Kestrel is not a patient woman and would much prefer to find a shortcut than wait around for something to happen. She loves the thrill of danger and can appear dauntless at times. She is not afraid to dive headlong into danger and will often drag others into possible calamity as well.

Though not extensively yielding when it comes to foreign concepts, Kestrel is rather flexible when it comes to change; she is rather willing to accept something unknown to her if she finds it harmless or truthful. Kestrel can often come off as brash or loud-mouthed to strangers as she often acts as such. She likes to live a free-lifestyle and is not offended if someone sees her as shallow for doing so. She is amiable to an extent and will show endearing compassion to those she considers her friends. Kestrel finds comfort in those who are similar to her or, at the very least, tolerate her actions and do not question her behavior. Those who appear to uptight, strict, and judgmental to Kestrel won’t have to worry about interacting with her for too long as she does whatever she can to exit the interaction and stay as far away from them as possible. Arguing easily bores her and, as such, Kestrel is prone to simply walk away in the middle of a steamed conversation.

History: (Asked to be omitted)

Which One of the Eight?: One, breathed in their last

Other: Kestrel’s mother taught her how to play the flute which she excels at.

LADY_LUNEVIS OF THE FLAME:

Name: Chastity Loretta Ashmore-Winter, better known as Lottie Winter

Appearance: Lottie, at 142 cm (4'8"), has pale porcelain skin and ruby-red lips, resembling that of a doll. Her hair falls in golden ringlets, styled to perfection. She has a very small frame, coupled with an aura that makes her seem easily-breakable and an almost unearthly gaze in her faraway, misty blue-grey eyes. She holds herself with the air of a statue, distant, eternal, and beyond the reaches of normal men. Over the side of her face, she dons a rather hastily fashioned mask that sides over the entire left side, and wears a dress that falls to her ankles, successfully hiding most of her body. Her hands are gloved in white satin, although her she seems only able to move her right hand successfully--her left hand remains lame at her side, hardly ever raised in action. Lottie walks by taking little steps one at a time, very carefully planned and on the slower side. A bonnet covers most of her hair; however, from the back, one can see that her hair is uneven and choppy. She is relatively free of jewelry, though she does have a ring on her gloved right hand.

Personality: At first glance, Lottie is quiet, steady, and somewhat unapproachable. She will never initiate a conversation with someone else, preferring they talk to her, and usually keeps her thoughts to herself.

When one gets to know her, Lottie will be clingy nearly to the point of obsessive due to her not having many friends in her childhood. Her only real relationship being with her mother, Lottie forms familial bonds with those older than her more than ones her own age. Prone to paranoia and worrying, Lottie is initially distrustful of any kindness enacted upon her being; however, beyond all else, Lottie is a child. She is curious and temperamental, yet joyful and energetic. Her one longing to live a childhood like the children she sees in the cities, playing amongst each other and returning home to happy families is reflected in the way she treats those older than her with respect, yet how she can be almost heartlessly cruel to younger children and animals. Due to her upbringing, she lacks more in the education department than others, frequently struggling with simple reading.

History: (Asked to be omitted.)

Which One of the Eight?: One, perished within the fire.

Other:

ESKO_THE_WOLF OF THE STONE:

Name:Markus Longzak. He was often called Slate by his peers.

Appearance:Like this, but somewhat more squished.. There's red marks under his eyes, lines under his nose and the corner of his mouth, like blood.

Personality:He is a very curious and friendly child, though immature with his age. He likes to have friends and people to hang out with. He absolutely hates being alone, and the very thought of being stranded could scare him out of his pants.

Along with his friendliness, he is very chipper and optimistic. It's not too often that he looks at the glass half-empty, since it's easier for him to believe there's always a way for things to get better.

Of course, dying as a pubescent teenager, he has his immature and dramatical moments, being stuck in a stage of change. What he may find unfair, adults may find perfectly fair and reasonable.

He's not quiet. At the same time, he's not inconsiderate and obnoxious; at least, he doesn't mean to be. He just wants everybody to be friends.

History:Ever since he was four or five, he always had an interest in rocks of all kinds, whether it be cobblestone or opal. He studied rocks as much as a young child could, and eventually started to collect any rocks he could get. One day, his and his friends' curious natures got ahead of them, and they wandered in a particularly rocky area.

That area was like heaven for Markus, and he started to climb a delicatley balancing pile of large rocks. Unfortunately for the child, this was going to lead to his very death.

Even with as light as he was, he managed to get the rocks toppling. He started to get run over by the large rocks, and when he got up, the largest boulder crushed the poor kid. Before anybody could help, he died under the stone.

Which One of the Eight?: one, died under weight of stone

Other:He used to love cake.

TEHULTIMATEMAGE OF THE SKIES:

Name: Elise-Catherine of Châteauroux

Appearance: A fair damsel in all respects, Elise is not bad looking at all. Her almond shaped eyes have a twinkle in them, with light brows, a small button nose and pouting lips, all placed proportionately on her heart-shaped face. Her chestnut locks are fixed up in a bun and styled into ringlets that fall over her ears and in front of her face.

Her gown is a dark red and in a style typical of the nobility of her time, tied at the wrists and waist and adorned with detailed embroidery. There is a gaping hole through her stomach, off-center to the left, although she makes an effort to conceal it by adjusting the folds in her dress.

Personality: Elise is a little devil. Noblewomen had to be resourceful to the point of being manipulative, and Elise played naturally to the formalities of the court. Being the middle child -- with an older sister and a younger brother (the latter which would be the heir to the House of Châteauroux) she usually got what she wanted through her own wits. She doesn't like to owe other people favors and so she rarely demands help. She is an informant who gathers through experience, eavesdropping, and her innocent looks.

Elise likes to say what other people like to hear; one moment she may shower you in complements, and the next you might overhear her talking about your faults to someone else. While it does not directly serve her ulterior purposes, Elise can't resist the draw of good gossip.

History: The night of a ball hosted by another family, Elise went missing. Her corpse was found on one of the castle's spires the next morning.  It appeared as if she had fallen -- it is unknown whether she jumped or was pushed -- from the tower and met a terrible fate.

(Some of this was asked to be omitted.)

Which One of the Eight?: one, fallen from the skies

Other:

DARK_AND_STORMY_HEART OF THE HUNGER:

Name: Alina Starkov

Appearance: Small, with stringy brown hair and strange glowy golden eyes (like this) she's about 5'7'', wears an outfit like this.(yes it's Game of Thrones) She looks basically like a skeleton with some skin stretched over it, and has ice crystals around the edges of her eyes and mouth.

Personality: Sarcastic, grumpy, prankster who's not the biggest fan of other people in general. She's really sensitive, and hates being touched(like, poked, tickled, hugged, things like that.)

History: (I am trying really hard not to write a novel for this :/) Alina was abandoned by her parents when she was small because they didn't want her as they had 3 girls already and they wanted a fourth boy. She wandered around Russia, trying to find a home, but no one would shelter her so she doesn't trust people. She survived through the Seven Year's War and a few bouts of the plague, only to starve to death a few years later in winter behind a tailor's shop - coincidentally, the same tailor's shop she stole her outfit from. (PM me if you need more history and I'll write more and PM it to you!)

Which One of the Eight?: one, hungry, all alone.

Other: She really loves spending time in the sun, she can't get enough of it. She also loves lemon cake when she can get it, and she hates herring.

Edited by Thaelasan

Might I join this? It sound super fun!

Name: Alina

Appearance: Small, with stringy brown hair and strange golden eyes (like this) she's about 5'7'', wears a long-sleeved black shirt and long pants and a jacket/cloak like this

Personality: Sarcastic, grumpy, prankster who's not the biggest fan of other people in general

History: (I am trying really hard not to write a novel for this :/) Alina was abandoned by her parents when she was small because they wanted a boy. She wandered around the land, trying to find a home, but no one would shelter her so she doesn't trust people. She survived through a war and a bout of the plague, only to starve to death a few years later behind a building. No one ever found her body, and when the building was destroyed by an earthquake her body was buried under the rubble. (PM me if you need more history and I'll write more and PM it to you!)

Which One of the Eight?: one, hungry, all alone.

Other: She really loves spending time in the sun, she can't get enough of it.

Oh hey, I haven't seen you on here for a while! I'll be claiming the one who breathed their last if it's okay with you. I'll go ahead and post my sheet when it's done. happy.gif

Oh, hey Doc.

Don't mind if I claim the guy crushed by stone. Hopefully I'll be able to get back in the hang of things with this

(I wasn't originally planning on joining, but I couldn't resist)

Edited by Esko_the_Wolf

Assuming thael's playing a character, I claim the last slot. cool.gif

Edit: Probably skies.

Edit 2: Definitely skies.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

So I guess these are the reservesfor reference (If Thael's letting us do that)

One, perished within the fire, [Me]

one, died under weight of stone, [Esko]

one, fallen from skies much higher, [Mage]

one, hungry, all alone. [Dark or whatever you want me to call you]

One, poisoned and betrayed, [Dorchadas]

one, breathed in their last, [Doctor]

one, stabbed by lover's blade, [Aurora]

one, which plague claimed them fast. [Thael if he's playing]

Well I just wrote up my sheet and stepped away for a moment, came back to find my phone crashed.

I'll probably redo it tomorrow when it's not quite so irritating.

(Opens door to Roleplay)

user posted image

---

Ok, on a more serious note, what the hell happened here. :3c I leave for a day, after refreshing this page constantly to see if anyone was interested and I'd gotten like 27 views in the first fifteen minutes.

Now I have people actually writing out who's reserved, two messages, a bunch of old friends, character sheets already made, AND I get to have my plague victim? I was going for him or the stabbing.

I had actually had a plan for a couple who had sickness, but the guy or girl stabbed the other to ease their suffering because of how much pain they were enduring, and then died themselves.

But, I don't mind this at all!

So I guess it's just time to user posted image

I can't decide if I want to do a peron who was accused of sorcery or witchcraft or whatever and was burned at a stake or an heir to some kingdom's throne until the palace was burned down by his younger sibling in an attempt to kill everyone else in the family so they could take the throne instead. Probs the latter.

Edited by MrSpyro

Well it depends on the type of character you want to play. A witchcraft character would probably be broody or probably even an outsider - an exile of sorts who doesn't trust anyone anymore and speaks a foreign tongue (or at least, foreign to those in the party.)

Whereas the noble probably has a falsified sense of confidence or perhaps the same trust issues.

ALSO, @Dark and Stormy Heart, please add a bit more to your sheet. Elaborate. :3c ))

Edited by Thaelasan

Hmm, do what extent do you want us to go with the appearance changes? The "one who breathed in their last" was a little vague for me so I just went with a drowning victim but the level of decay that comes with drowning depends on how long the body has been in the water. Would you be fine with a character that is bloated with skin peeling off or should I be less explicit with the appearance.

On a related note, would it be possible to make a quick chatroom of some sort? I personally find chatrooms wonderful to use but I can understand if others don't want to use them.

A chatroom would be lovely!

And as for your other question, breathed their last was meant to be obscure. It could be drowning, strangulation, or any other form of asphyxiation. Also, unless anyone says anything against it, the explicitness of the appearance is left to the writer's discretion. I'm not going to say you can't, because it makes sense. ;3c And I trust you to do it well anyway.

Ah thanks for the head's up! Did you want me to make the chatroom and send you the admin password or did you want to do it yourself?

Either way works for me. I'm a bit too lazy to make a chatroom, and I'm also about to start working on cooking lunchinner. Whatever it'll end up being.

So if you have the proactive approach, then go right ahead! I wouldn't mind being admin though, but you know how I am in chats.

name: Ray (Two-eyed) Velchez

Appearance: his front (with a grey eye and the other hazel) the scarred one is hazel. back like this He has a brand on his right wrist like a Spanish coin with a sinking ship. He normally has on loose clothing of dull neutral colors boots and wrist guards covering the brand.

Personality: silent, thoughtful, although hard to earn his trust. Once his trust is gained, he follows the same guidelines he was trained to follow, protect the fellow men till death. He rarely smiles, is brutally honest, and follows instinct/ instructions to the T. The kind when directly threatened he kills to get rid of the threat.

History: ((hidden for now))

Which One of the Eight?: one, stabbed by lover's blade

Other: He has three marks on his belly that looks like this blade can cook very well, and can use multiple swords and daggers.

((I can stick it all in a code of you want. I'd like to keep the links))

You could have sent me a message then... :I

But in any case, I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Yeah just go ahead and send me a fixed version. Otherwise, I'd have to use all the links.

God, I've been here five years. You'd think I'd know how to handle HTML and link copy-paste.

Edited by Thaelasan

The easiest way to do it I find is to press the quote button above the post with the sheet and boom! It gives you formatted code you can copy elsewhere.

Edited by TehUltimateMage

We now have a chat!.... It's in the first post. Somewhere. ;3c With thanks to DoctorTear

Edited by Thaelasan

I should be able to get my sheet done tomorrow. With the teacher convention thingy, I got school off tomorrow (Hallelujah). So, you should see a sheet up soon. Esko has an idea. Ideas are dangerous things.