TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

Appreciate that the holly still has tiny wings, but the broken neck was what appealed to me because it reminded me of an old Christmas card. The sprite is beautiful and retains most of it's holliness, which is wonderful, but it doesn't work for me. Can't please everyone, and I'm happy that others like the classic better now.

I love the pose of the horse, but it's a bit hard to make out in my soulpeace X hellhorse lineage. Just a bit too busy in that little box.

The nilias will have to grow on me. They seem... lighter, which doesn't go as well with their "heavier than you expected" egg description as the original did. Not much of a pygmy person, so it's not a deal breaker anyway.

Very nice work spriters.

The horse is good but the Nilia lacks elegance and the Holly has lost its delightful symmetry. :-(

Wish the changes were only happening to newly caught ones!

awesome.I think the new horse dragons sprite for the males looks epic,but it kinda reminds me of this:

user posted image

not that i dont love the new sprites theyre epic,they just remind me(look similar) to/of the above tongue.gif

Edited by gad786

Oh man that Holly looks so fricking awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get more this Christmas biggrin.gif.

Love the new male Horse, looks so wild and fierce!

Nilia male is nice, the female is going to take some getting used to though. Still, these updates are great so far.

Now here's hoping the Silvers look just as nice as these guys and can't wait for the surprises tongue.gif.

They're lovely!

But now, my mares are extremely angry at the dynamic new look of the stallions, and are demanding equal treatment.

Y'ever had to deal with a bunch of angry dragon-mares? They've got protest signs and bullhorns, and a lot of free time.

You can't please everyone. That's the most honest sentence on the Internet, I swear.

I on the other hand am ecstatic about the new changes and absolutely LOVE them!

The Holly is beautifully done while keeping a lot of the original sprite in mind.

The Nilias are also very well done and beautiful. The change was a little shocking at first, but now I'm in love wub.gif

The new Horse male is REALLY REALLY wild! I LOVE IT! A wild stallion rearing to kick some arse!

Ooo the horse and the holly look great! I'm glad that nilia is now dimorphic, but I don't understand why the old sprite couldn't be used for either one of the genders. These ones are good too, but...different. I'm sad to see the old nilia go.

Oooh, the male Horse looks amazing, so wild and dynamic! I really like the Holly update too. biggrin.gif

Love the new holly and the male horses, but it'll take some time to get used to the new nilias. They look larger than before, looks better next to the magelights, but a bit big next to the other pygmies we have.

The Horse looks awesome, it's so strong and fierce and wild!

The Hollies used to be my least favourite dragons on the site, but now I can finally appreciate them (especially the hatchlings, they are super cute! wub.gif).

The Nilias... I'm a little disappointed, tbh. The old version was so chubby and cute and I really loved the pose. Maybe I will get used to the new male eventually, but the female... it looks really awkward sleep.gif

While I really like the holly and horse update, I'm disappointed to see the nilia pygmy is completely redone. The art work is great but I loved the original sprite, it was one of my favorites.

Like the Nillas, but also agree with predatorfan4ever that the old sprite

could have been used.

And perzephone is sooooo correct about the stallion: definitely not

liking this change at all. Just hoping you don't ruin the Silvers also!

Love the holly update, especially how much respect was shown for the original. Also the hatchlings are adorable. :3

The male horse is definitely a good sprite; I'll just have to get used to him next to the females and in lineages.

The nilias... I'm not sure. They're well-crafted in general, but the wings look a bit small now, and the female's legs look longer than the male's, which is kind of odd. Not sure whether the female's neck is a thing to criticize or not, since I can't recall off the top of my head whether I've seen some of the longer-necked birds do that in flight.

So, in general, positive outlook for me. Thanks to everyone who helped. ^..^

I like all the sprite updates, except for the Nilia ones. They lost that cuteness that they once had, which also has a significant effect on how they look in Pumpkin lineages. For example, compare this screenshot of a lineage with the old sprites with this lineage with the new sprites. I think I might possibly refrain from collecting more of these this Halloween - sad, but I guess all good things must eventually come to an end. smile.gif

The Holly update is alright, thanks for staying as much true to the original one as possible.

While the pose of the male Horse looks really cool, it looks a bit crowded around its head laugh.gif Also I'll need to get used to the new Nilias, at least the male one looks cute.

I love all the Sprites except the Nilia Pygmies. The female one really bothers me, I do not know why though. Everything else is beautiful!

Meh. I'm still not a fan of the neck on the Holly. However, it is a million times better than before, and I'm glad it was updated. Liking the other updates as well. 👍

Not a fan of the female Nilia either.

Other than that I like the changes. Looking forward to the next batch ^^

Strangely I like the new Nilias the most. Both sprites are very well done.

Edited by ishlia

-licks the Holly-

Delicious.

I'm pretty apathetic towards the Horse and Nilia updates, seeing as I have very few of each and still don't like 'em that much, but I am so glad to see the Holly looking better- its old art didn't age very well, but this sprite really fixes the major flaws it had while keeping what charm it had.

The Holly and Nilia are great! biggrin.gif I don't have any problems with the Horse dimorphism, it's just that the male and female look too much alike, as if the male was just an updated/slightly angrier version of the female.