TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

Awesome new sprites!

Love how the Holly sprite looks now - so glad they kept the original pose and just 'cleaned it up' a bit (as I'm not going to lie - it took me a little while to figure out that was the adult dragon's wing membrane behind its head, and that the Holly did not posess a beard of sort)...and the hatchlings are cuter than ever now for Hollys! This is what I'm hoping becomes of the Silvers (true to the original, just 'cleaned')

As for the Nilia - while I'm not overly fond of Pygmy Dragons, I like how its sprites got more dynamic...makes me want to consider picking up a few more.

And the Horse Dragon - The Males look so wild and untamed now like the Stallions they are! I love the fact that their hooves became full Feathered (wish this was on the Female as well though, I love feathered hooves)

All in all - I am incredibly pleased with these updates and can't wait to see the future ones. Thank you TJ and all Spriters who were involved.

Hmmm... I partially wish the Horse's pose had not changed that much. The combination with Harvests looked better before the change, because the similarity in the poses was one of my reasons to breed them together.

On the other hand, I think it will look great with Arsanis now, like this. smile.gif

Love the updates. The dragon horse is one of my favorite sprites and the update makes me love it even more. The holly looks fantastic and the nilia pygmys look so cute.

I love the new Holly. It looks so much better now, without being too different from the old sprite. This makes me really look forward to the Silver update. happy.gif

I still need to get used to the new Nilias and male Horses, but I'm glad it was the male Horse that was changed - my Heartseeker line still remains perfect while the new male pose look really nice with Ribbon Dancers.

Edit: Male Nilia looks awesome with Seawyrms now!

Edited by The_Imago

I was upset over the changes to the Hollys but my sister just cheered me up, she looked at the male horse and said "looks like he stepped on something and is freaking out"

The new sprites look great. Very happy to see the Holly wasn't a wholesale overhaul, very much hoping that is how the Silver goes.

The male horse is awesome, looks fierce and strong.

And I have to say I LOVE the new Nilias. The old ones always made me think "derp derp I'm putt-putting along..." with little "Jeston-esque" sound effects along behind.

Great work, everyone.

Nilias look amazing, and the male Horse too! Can't wait to see what you're going to do with the Silvers.

Edited by HeDy

The new Holly looks great, and that male horse <3 But my favourites are definitely the Nilia Pygmies - kinda wish I waited just one more week before designing the Pygmy rider in my signature now!

I'm not too fond of the female Nilia's neck, but otherwise I rather like the new sprites (especially the Hollies!).

Oh wow. That horse has well and truly exceeded what I was expecting. It looks gorgeous, the nilias look cute and the Holly looks much better (the old neck always looked a bit painful to me xd.png)

Can't wait for the Silvers and the surprise updates.

I totally forgot a sprite update was going on until I noticed the only male horse dragon that I have was dancing.

I was like WUT? And then....OH.....sprite change...

I totally forgot a sprite update was going on until I noticed the only male horse dragon that I have was dancing.

This would be a brilliant April Fool's prank - temporary sprite changes/swaps. Animating them would be a bit too much work, unfortunately!

Great updates! Awesome work!

I so absolutely love the updated Holly sprite. wub.gif Makes me want to hoard a lot of them during this Christmas season, hehe.

Oooh! Everything looks so pretty. I especially like the Holly change - I can't stop staring at it! I love that the pose/hangbutt is still totally there so it's still the same Holly, just a little shined up. But the small changes did make a huge visual difference for me. (And, the male horse looks so majestic! Wheeee!)

I'm really glad that they've all stayed true to the originals. smile.gif This makes me worry a bit less about what we've got in store for the silvers! I'm still hoping it's not a total gold-level redesign. I quite liked the original nilia sprite, though, so I'm a little disappointed to see it go!

I'm loving the male horse dragon dimorphism, the others are cool, but the horse is epic.

The new holly design is amazing, and I'm gonna need to catch some nilias soon. The horse male could probably have been flipped so it's a bit more different. And I can't wait for the silver and other "surprise" updates!

*is sitting looking out at a bunch of mares in a field basically just being all "Hi there =D"*

I'm not sure I see the issue with that. xd.png

I know a bunch of mares, which aren't really like that tongue.gif.

They were pretty vicious xd.png.

Love the new male horse sprite!! He looks fierce.

Also the Holly dragon looks a lot prouder. Love it!!

Good work spriters!

I think I preferred the old Nilia pygmy but once I get used to the new ones I am sure I will like them more. smile.gif

I loooove the shadings on the Hollies..!! 8D

Thank you Birdz for the respect you have shown for the historic Holly dragon. I love the update and I was afraid I wouldn't.

I'm not so sure about the others. They will take a little time to get used to, at least. I am seeing so much love here for the male Horse, but I'm not feeling it. He is just too "fancy" for me. There is too much going on around his head with the wild mane. He has become too much like the Hellhorse, which to me was just a bit over the top. The Nilia male I love, but the female looks like an entirely different dragon and I really don't like what is happening with her neck. I will get used to them both, I'm sure, but there is not instant love.