TJ09

2015-10-07 - Sprite Update (round one)

As promised, the first round of sprite updates is going live very soon. Today includes three of the previously-announced updates:

• Horse Dragons (Receiving dimorphism with a new male adult sprite)
  • Nilia Pygmies (New dimorphic adults)
  • 2007 Christmas Dragons (Small shading and anatomy tweaks)

The next batch will include the changes to Silver Dragons, as well as a few surprise updates.

Here's an overview of the sprite changes:

user posted image

Enjoy!

Oooh, the holly dragon is looking nice now~ the male horse is really fierce and wild looking, too. ^^ The Nilias are more dynamic now, which is pretty cool.

Pure love for the Horse and Holly!

Will need some time to get used to the new Nilia. Looks much more "snakelike" now than the old one.

But hurray for dimorphism!

Pure love for the Horse and Holly!

Will need some time to get used to the new Nilia. Looks much more "snakelike" now than the old one.

But hurray for dimorphism!

Ditto. They look good! But also very very different. xd.png It's like a whole new Nilia~

Like the Hollies - I might put some effort into collecting them this year. Excellent balance of maintaining the old sprite and upgrading the art!

Male Horse looks awesome! Now I wish there were non-purple versions, but that's just me tongue.gif

Nilias... I liked that the wings in the old sprite looked broad enough to carry them. They're much narrower now compared to the body. And with the female it looks like the new sprite added a broken neck, rather than the discussions on other dragons getting theirs fixed. I do love how dynamic the poses are now, though!

Haha, the new sprites in scroll sorting haven't quite figured out that they need to be tiny yet.

They're also pretty big in the lineage view.

blink.gif

Edited by Gryphonic

I like the Holly. Not sure about the others, but maybe that's just a "oh no it's DIFFERENT!" feeling. I might like them in a month or so. smile.gif

Edit: I'm also waiting for the Horse's lineage image - that will be the most important difference for me anyway. wink.gif

Edited by Confused Cat

Holly looks AMAZING! (Though the new version hasn't found its way to my scroll yet? huh.gif) Male Horse - Okey doke. Can't see me objecting to him. New Nilias - Hmmm. Different. But I don't do much with Pygmy breeds other than collect my base 16 adults +3 frozen, so...

ETA: Weird - I get the "old" Holly when viewing my scroll and the "new" version when looking at a lineage. huh.gif (The Nilias and Horses *both* show as the new versions on my scroll.)

MOAR EDIT: The Holly hatchie has changed too? Is that just me seeing things? Looks different.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Wow, I am really liking that male Horse and male Nilia. The Holly looks better now, but still not my favourite. Maybe it'll grow on me though. ^^

Thank you TJ and thank you spriters for the updates! Now I'm even more curious to see part two.

LOVE the Hollies! I really appreciate the ammount of work that goes into running the Cave biggrin.gif

New Holly has arrived on my scroll. smile.gif

Hmmm, after seeing it, I might remake this with Nhios on the outside after all, and the Horses can replace the Dorsals.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

MOAR EDIT: The Holly hatchie has changed too? Is that just me seeing things? Looks different.

Yes, the hatchies have changed, too :>

yee

Ooh, this looks nice. I will need some time to get used to the Nilias though. I liked the chubbiness of the old ones.

Oh wow this is awesome! They look amazing! wub.gif All of them look fabulous in this update! Awesome work there! biggrin.gif The Holly especially looks amazing. <3

I cannot wait to see the other updates!

I don't like the neck of the female Nilia, it looks kind of odd, but I'm not really into pygmies anyway, so it won't bother me xd.png.

Oooh birdz!!!

You made such a GOOD job on the Holly biggrin.gif !

I was a bit sceptical when TJ mentioned the Holly and thought it was kind of "brave", due to the fact that a lot of people are glued to old sprites, but you really pulled out an amazing tweak and made it look really beautiful, without ruining anything of the sprite wub.gif.

I do like the Horse male, but the female looks a bit plain next to it now.

I.e. the male looks fierce and in such a nice pose and dynamic and the female is just like "Hi there =D".

I do like the Horse male, but the female looks a bit plain next to it now.

I.e. the male looks fierce and in such a nice pose and dynamic and the female is just like "Hi there =D".

*is sitting looking out at a bunch of mares in a field basically just being all "Hi there =D"*

I'm not sure I see the issue with that. xd.png

Edited by Amazon_warrior