zaverxi

Other sprite updates

Whiptails are really flat-looking to me, also reg. Blacks just look out-of-date, even though I kinda love their retro-look! Some older sprites just need some retouching, shading etc. but please please don't touch Whites anymore that just the necessity, I love them how they are.

As I posted before, Seasonal eggs. I believe the spring and summers have their up to date ish eggs but the other two dont, Autumn especially. It looks very odd without shading.

Seasonals themselves look a little out of date too.

I'm quite happy with most of the sprites at the moment, though I do think Greys/Storm dragons or perhaps even the Summer seasonals (an updated colour-scheme, perhaps?) might need an update.

Examples and others I think might be updated:

user posted image

user posted image A recolouring would be quite nice.

user posted image Just compare Albinos with the Anagallis. user posted image There is a huge difference in detail between the two so I suspect a retexture of the Albino will come sooner or later.

user posted image

user posted image I like Whiptails as they are, but it would be interesting to see if anything changes to these things.

user posted image Geodes look great but might need something new.

user posted image Maybe a bit more shading.

Whiptails already received a small sprite update not long ago.

Things I want for Dimorphism:

Reds

Whites

Dorsals. Dorsals Dorsals Dorsals.

Trios

Things I want updates of:

Albinos

Greenwings

I actually like lack of dimorphism for lineage purposes ...

Agree! I like that there are plenty without dimorphism.

As far as sprite updates, my votes would go to Albino, Harvest, Dorsals, and maybe Seasonals.

I actually really love Reds as they are <3

Agreed. I have a few lineages where I've chosen certain breeds because of a lack of dimorphism. It's something I'm learning not to rely on, however. :s

ETA: I wouldn't mind an update to Albinos; I'm actually quite fond of them, but they could do with a bit of a cosmetic update. And as a Welsh lass, I ADORE the Reds, but would also not mind seeing them polished up a bit, as long as they kept their "RAWR FIERCE!" character.

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I could see changes for the following breeds:

Balloons & Seasonals & Cheeses (too much old comic-book flair; literally all seasonals have very strange upper hind legs (thighs/knees/calves) which look like random blobs)

Blacks (regular only)

Blunas (dark blue body shading only, especially on the female)

Coastal Waverunners (What, they have their bodies shaded?)

Dark Greens / Vines Right? Pretty please, Lyth?

Dorsals (In desperate need of a shading update, although the pose seems a little wonky, too.)

Geodes (with new recolors?)

Greys (Anatomy - their hangbutt is almost as bad as the hollies'!)

Greens/Pebbles (Again, the shading is pretty flat.)

Guardians (Very small shading tweaks.)

Reds (Very stiff pose, too much shine on the underside of the wings and belly...)

Sunrises (The wings look grainy, plus the wing membrane needs to be extended somewhat towards the rear end to match the Sunsets.)

Swallowtails (Female body needs better shading.)

Thunders (and maybe Ices) could do with a shading update, too.

Vampires (Revamping the wing anatomy would be nice.)

Well, I think what lot of people are missing about detail and the older breeds is that way back when, there was a limit on the number of colors they could use compared to today.

Basically, any old dragon that hasn't already gotten the treatment could use a revamp in that regard.

Now, as for other breeds I think need work-

-The Reds need anatomy tweaks

-I remember Lytherian mentioning a while ago she wanted dimorphism for the Vines.. but I don't really know what happened with that

-I know the seasonals had gotten dimorphism added a while back, but I've never been a fan of how cartoony they look in general, which is a shame because their eggs are so beautiful.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but I slightly have my fingers crossed for Vine dimorphism and/or the return of (updated/dimorphic) Frills. tongue.gif

(And I will probably be disappointed, I realise this already.)

The only old dragon I don't want touched are the blacks. I like their spindly, pokey flat look.

Dunno 'bout anyone else, but I slightly have my fingers crossed for Vine dimorphism and/or the return of (updated/dimorphic) Frills. tongue.gif

(And I will probably be disappointed, I realise this already.)

i wish the frills would come back to.....maybe as uncommons so they don't flood the AP like they used to

but their spriter looked pretty mad when she has them discontinued

and its a shame, they had pretty cool designs and all they really need is some shading

i wish the frills would come back to.....maybe as uncommons so they don't flood the AP like they used to

Even if they did come back as commons, there's little to no chance that'd they'd randomly flood the AP. The only time there are walls nowadays are when a breeder deliberately makes one.

Even if they did come back as commons, there's little to no chance that'd they'd randomly flood the AP. The only time there are walls nowadays are when a breeder deliberately makes one.

the frill's spriter has been talking about a re-release. She's still active on her tumblr (like posted 4 days ago) despite not having been on here for a few months. this is totally possible.

thats true

I would like to see some new shading for the Red Dragon, but keep the pose. I think the Pebble Dragon could use some more shading as well.

What if prize dimorphism

Prepare for me to squeal.

I'd love dimorphism on Prizes! While the pre-existing sprites need no fixing, I'd be super happy if my Shimmerscale babies got dimorphic sprites. Tinsels would be cool with different sprites too.

It'd be cool to see Albinos and Reds get updates. And now that it has been brought to my attention, the Dorsals look like they have broken necks O~o

I'd love to see an Albino and Balloon update!

They're two of my favorite dragons, yet they lack a little art-wise.

I'd like to see a new pose for the Albino for sure.

Definitely the reds. And the Spotted Greenwing. I mean... The pose is so weird. What's it doing? I don't mind it like that if there are dimorphic adults, so that at least one has a 'proper' pose.

NOT the reds. ICONS. FAB BIG SCARY ONES !

Off topic: predatorfan - I do know WHY, but please don't post in pink - it makes my eyes bleed and I don't read your posts as a result.

I would literally strangle someone if prize dimorphism happened. I didn't spend hours and hours and oodles and oodles of rares trading for 2gs from combos that look great now to get done over by a sudden sprite change. And you can bet your bum that any prize owner that got the one they preferred less would be hella mad.

Which is why I really doubt it will happen. Anyway, moving on! ;3

The only dragons I particularly want to see updated would be dorsals, I guess. There are lots of other sprites that could use some touch ups (like stones and reds), but I'm attached to them as-is and they're passable enough. Although, I DID see a pair of redone red sprites that looked just like the current ones except hella gorgeous and modern shading. They were perfect! So if those were used I'd not mind at all.

I do wonder, though, why TJ announced such random changes as horses and nilias, but not the others? Perhaps any updates done to other breeds will be very small in comparison.

I don't think I'm in favor of prize dimorphism. At least not with the breeds we have currently. If TJ released a new prize dragon in the future and it came with different sprites for the male and female, maybe then? But not on the existing dragons. Just my opinion. smile.gif

I think the Albino's neck must hurt at this point from intently staring up at the sky, so maybe a new pose for him/her would be good? biggrin.gif

I don't think prize dimorphism would go down very well. Just think about it. These are exceedingly rare as CBs, so would you be happy if you had one of these very rare dragons and it changed to one you didn't care for, OR find that you adore the new one you don't have? I think it has the potential to create a bigger stink than any update so far.

Personally, I think the biggest one I would want to see updated is the moonstone. At the very least reshading the wings so they have more defined feathers.

Edited by Nectaris