Lizzyluna

Murphy's Laws for the DC life

Edited it a bit.

Also:

12. If you arrange a trade for Holiday dragons months in advance, the breeder/catcher will either forget or be inactive when the breeding season comes.

_12a. If you wait until the very last time, you won't be able to get what you want.

Personal experience again... I'm sure you all relate.

27. Law of reverse availability: When you're locked with fresh CBs, the egg you've been chasing fruitlessly for hours will magically gain the status of "cave blocker".

28. Your favourite breed (or breed combination, if you're into lineages) will either be too popular (everyone grabs the eggs) or too unpopular (no-one ever breeds the eggs you need).

Edited by Lizzyluna

If you are not looking for a common dragon it will block the cave and annoy you

if you are looking for it its suddenly extinct

If you manage to get an awesome name and put it on a placeholder, the split second you attempt to switch to the intended dragon, someone will snatch the name from you.

And another sad truth...

A week of Holiday-catching fun will lead to months of mate-hunting frustration.

...And this won't keep you from grabbing Holiday eggs at any chance you get.

I suspect artists draw Holiday eggs to make them as addictive as they can.

Whenever you have a trade link for an egg/hatchling, you get offers for everything EXCEPT what you ask for.

Rule 1 strikes again...

1. And over time you will forget and try to breed them again, only to get heartbroken a second time.

14. Your giftee/trading partner will take forever to grab their dragon, leaving your scroll clogged.

...14a. Especially during holiday breeding seasons or releases.

...14b. Especially if the trade involves more than one egg/hatchling.

...9a. If you drop the offspring of a dragon that has a great value for you (first dragon, caught on a special day, named after a loved one...), it will be left to die, killed, bitten, released or given an awful name.

...9b. If you drop an egg from a lineage that took months or even years of hard work, it will be randomly bred to a messy mutt.

Edited by Lizzyluna

If something really amazing is offered on the Departures thread, you will be locked.

If you aren't locked, somebody else will get it two seconds before you do.

If something really amazing is offered on the Departures thread, you will be locked.

If you aren't locked, somebody else will get it two seconds before you do.

What did you miss? tongue.gif

I always seem to miss the nebula hatchies.

So much truth.

b. If you decide to drop an egg to make room, the egg will be taken while you type the password.

21. If you find a rare in the AP, it will have the worst lineage you have ever seen.

...21a. If it does have a nice lineage, it will be an accidental autoabandon that someone is desperately searching for.

...21b. And even if it isn't, you'll torture yourself for days, wondering if you have snatched an egg intended for someone else*.

* In the Good Old Days, AP rares were almost always snatched trades. Some feelings are hard to shake off.

Edited by Lizzyluna

Used Fertility on one half of a CB silver pair I'd influenced to be mates (and even named to be mates) and of course they refuse. dry.gif

I think instead of increasing chance of egg, Fertility increases chance of refusal.

Used Fertility on one half of a CB silver pair I'd influenced to be mates (and even named to be mates) and of course they refuse. dry.gif

I think instead of increasing chance of egg, Fertility increases chance of refusal.

Maybe try to do a " test breeding" without fertility to see if a pair doesn't refuse? And 7 days after when they're on cooldown use fertility.

Maybe try to do a " test breeding" without fertility to see if a pair doesn't refuse? And 7 days after when they're on cooldown use fertility.

I don't know why I even use Fertility. I guess I get my hopes up. When I breed him with his second mate, I'm just mating them without Fertility. laugh.gif

Welcome to Rule 5.5. Please take a chair and enjoy the massacre. dry.gif

5. Using Fertility for a very important breeding will likely trigger a refusal.