Jazeki

Halloween Speculation Thread

I'm pretty sure the holiday dragons are created in secret by established artists, to keep them a secret from everyone before the holiday happens...

But it would be super neat if one of those turned out to be this year's dragons.

Ayeeee this is gonna be exciting, I can't wait. Hopefully I can find a few Purebreds tongue.gif

I can breed you a couple 3G PB Shadow Walkers if you want wink.gif

Also, I don't think you have to be an established spriter. It's just the quality of the sprite/concept and what TJ is looking for this specific year?

Got all my CB's promised, and they've left the mate choices up to me, so that's gonna be fun. Gotta make at least two more zombies as well for scroll completion. And of course, the pumpkin trick or treat bucket event.

Ok great, thanks for confirming this guys smile.gif

I'm hoping to grab some decent linages. My first Halloween event, cannot wait! biggrin.gif

A first Halloween event is always exciting! I hope you enjoy it.

I can breed you a couple 3G PB Shadow Walkers if you want wink.gif

Also, I don't think you have to be an established spriter. It's just the quality of the sprite/concept and what TJ is looking for this specific year?

Thank you for the offer, you're awesome <333

Imagine if all in cave spriters worked on one holiday.

Imagine how good the sprite would look

and how many 2g spriter's alt descendants they would give me for this idea

Trying to arrange trades for Halloween offspring is stressful and fun at the same time. xd.png It's always nice when you can breed exactly what someone wants and get exactly what you want in return.

This'll be the second Halloween event I've participated in, which is pretty cool! I think this time I'm going to be looking more for checkers. I picked up some quick 2nd PB pairs of most of the previous Halloween breeds so I can add to the fun AP hunting this time around, but now I want some projects~ especially Desipis projects since I actually have CBs of those. xd.png

I'm looking forward to the event, like the carnival or haunted house. I like those click and choose paths. Especially when there's a good story wrapped with them! *squeeee* Cannot wait.

Strangely, I haven't looking at my past Halloween dragons to see if I need mates or anything... whoops. Oh well, I should probably also decide what I'm gonna do with the bred eggs, lol. I always enjoy sifting through the AP for new lines, but then forget about mine waiting to be bred >.<

AP fishing bonanza!! laugh.gif

Though my advice if this is your first holiday doing it - know what you want before you start. If you really want to find mates for some of your own, make finding those a priority over random pretty lines, because there will be lots of pretty lines flying by and you'll forget to leave room/time to get what you came for. On the other hand, if you're determined to find valuable 2g's, don't get bogged down hoarding bloodswaps of things you already own.

Now I just need to take my own advice. wink.gif

Oh, and this will be the first year I can breed my own holiday dragons, and I'll want to keep all or nearly all of the firstborns for myself. So that's going to put a dent in my collecting room, along with being careful to have slots open on the day itself for new CBs.

I'll probably be mainly looking for purebreds in the week before the initial drop. I'll probably open up my scroll 2-3 days before the drop. Then, after the madness, I'll poke around carefully for nice lines. Hopefully I can find a nice 2g prizekin tongue.gif

Edited by Stellaluna22

I'm gonna have to resume my search for 2nd gen PB Pumpkins to fit in with the rest of my collection. xd.png At least the three Pygmy/Pumpkin pairings have mates~ no luck in finding this guy a mate, but that's okay. I figured he'd just be eye-candy back when I picked him up. tongue.gif

Uhg, Time to put my needed mates in my sig. I always hate having that list.

Why do you hate having that list?

Wheeee my first Halloween. /excited

I don't really know what I'm doing, but I hope that I'll be able to fish up or trade for some pretty PB / neatly lined Graves / Shadow Walkers. I'll need to make sure that I remember to keep my scroll unlocked so I can go fishing for dragons.

alot.png

Personally I think I'm going to get one of each of the past releases. Hopefully purebreds <3 and purrties.

It makes a full set of 7, IIRC.

I'm definitely hoping to get Shadow Walkers, Desipis and Graves. Wish I could get two of each, but with a small egg limit and no reds, I hope that's possible. unsure.gif

I caught several Desipis dragons, but only one gendered female. What are some suggestions for mates that would look interesting with the males?

I have talked to some kind people who are willing to breed me Desipis and Grave dragons, but I'm hoping to catch some from the AP as well. Probably gonna try and get some Zombie hatchies as well, but I haven't started a fodder yet. I'm really excited to see the new dragons

So. Many. Shadow Walkers.

I've got to find/trade for about 14 different things in order to grow my lineages, plus get desipis for freezing for scroll goal, and I have zero self control when AP hunting. Need to work on that, and actually concentrate on hunting down what I need...

Ughhh, so much work!

I find halloween quite stressful to be honest because of the sheer volume of dragons being bred, plus the fact that everything has to be correctly influenced. But I'm pretty sure I have all the mates I need for existing dragons now (well, except a 3g white from female Shadow Walker Checker nudge nudge wink wink). I could do getting a few more 2Gs of some combos ready for next year since people are in halloween mode atm making it easier to get even 2G common mates, but mostly I am done (for once!).

Looking forward to trick or treat, though it's my first year when I'm actually working full time instead of being a student so hopefully I'll have enough time to catch them. But on the other hand, usually I've been in the middle of finals study, so in that respect maybe this year will feel like a doddle tongue.gif

I can't wait to see the new dragon!!

I'm looking forward to stocking up on Marrows and Graves biggrin.gif

Oh yes, don't forget there's the AP cleaning after Halloween!

And that don't AP non-holiday eggs!

I caught several Desipis dragons, but only one gendered female. What are some suggestions for mates that would look interesting with the males?

I'm fond of these pairs myself:

Desipis x tan ridgewing

Desipis x sunstone--That's a female Desipis but I think it'd look good with a male as well.