Jazeki

Halloween Speculation Thread

Man, Halloween is almost here! It's already to that point where I need to refrain from using anymore Pinks/Reds. xd.png Time to start getting my stuff in order.

Man, Halloween is almost here! It's already to that point where I need to refrain from using anymore Pinks/Reds. xd.png Time to start getting my stuff in order.

Lol, I know, right? It's crazy how fast this year has gone by... Luckily, my Reds and Pinks are more than ready for this year. smile.gif

Definitely, I've already started rationing my pre-Halloween incubates. I haven't started tracking influences yet since their cooldown is shorter, but by the end of next week I'll be tracking those too. And I already made a list of all the lineages I want to catch or trade for this year. I make one for every holiday, though no matter how many dragons I catch from it in one year it never gets shorter. Seems I add new things to the list as fast as I cross them off xd.png

I have roughly 17 reds ready and several pinks of both genders. I think I'm good.

Honestly, until you have at least 50 of each (pink and red - magi and purple depend on other factors), you aren't really set, but its a good start! You are going to be incuhatching a heck of a lot more than you realize. Grab some more reds while you still can! And Pinks as Halloweens are generally both genders instead of set genders like VDay & Xmas!

As a matter of fact, for all of us breeders and players, breeding BSAs, especially reds & Pinks, but Magi too, and especially if they happen to also be Halloween Lines, or anything you don't mind being potential zombie fodder is a great thing to massbreed or offer up to the AP Gods while we are in the weeks approaching any Holiday, especially Halloween. And of course any Halloween Lines!

Edited by natayah

Honestly, until you have at least 50 of each (pink and red - magi and purple depend on other factors), you aren't really set, but its a good start! You are going to be incuhatching a heck of a lot more than you realize. Grab some more reds while you still can! And Pinks as Halloweens are generally both genders instead of set genders like VDay & Xmas!

I have maybe like, 35-45 reds? Or less. But only a few off cool down.

Will definitely get more as soon as Halloween is done. November, my birthday month, will be mostly me scrambling to get as many BSAs as possible.

As a matter of fact, for all of us breeders and players, breeding BSAs, especially reds & Pinks, but Magi too, and especially if they happen to also be Halloween Lines, or anything you don't mind being potential zombie fodder is a great thing to massbreed or offer up to the AP Gods while we are in the weeks approaching any Holiday, especially Halloween. And of course any Halloween Lines!

user posted image

I wish I thought about that sooner. I totally forgot Halloweens don't have a breed limit.

I'm going to try to be one of the first players getting the new Halloween eggs as soon as they come out. October 30th is a Friday and I can stay up as late as needed ;3

I'm going to try to be one of the first players getting the new Halloween eggs as soon as they come out. October 30th is a Friday and I can stay up as late as needed ;3

Same! Midnight will see me still awake!

I'm so excited! I've been trying to build up my pink and red armies but I keep getting distracted by other eggs xd.png

I'm distracted by preparing zombie fodder xd.png I want to guarantee a zombie for my first year of attempts! Hopefully, though, all my reds come off cooldown just before the madness begins.

I'm distracted by preparing zombie fodder xd.png I want to guarantee a zombie for my first year of attempts! Hopefully, though, all my reds come off cooldown just before the madness begins.

Yeaaaaah, me too. It's hard to choose what dragons I want to sacrifice xd.png I honestly feel bad killing any of mine, but I'll find a few sacrificial lambs.

Because we're on the subject of Halloween and improving linages....is it true that if I pick up an egg I do not like the linage of, I can abandon it straight away rather than waiting the full five hours? If so, can I abandon as many times as I like?

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Yes! Bred eggs have no cool down.

However, if you throw the egg back to the AP, and you decide you want it again, you can't pick it up because you had abandoned it already.

If someone else picked up the same egg and decided they don't like it, then you can pick it up again!

Because we're on the subject of Halloween and improving linages....is it true that if I pick up an egg I do not like the linage of, I can abandon it straight away rather than waiting the full five hours? If so, can I abandon as many times as I like?

Yeah, if you got said egg from the abandoned page with no limits... I believe.

Ok great, thanks for confirming this guys smile.gif

I'm hoping to grab some decent linages. My first Halloween event, cannot wait! biggrin.gif

Edited by Sinion Kabe

Ok great, thanks for confirming this guys.

I'm hoping to grab some decent linages.

Yup! That's 100% correct. Any eggs found in the AP can be tossed back right away, though like Stellaluna says, if you change your mind you most likely won't be able to get the egg you tossed away back.

I find fishing for lineages one of the best parts of the event--same with Christmas and Valentine's day. That and breeding, they're both incredibly fun somehow xd.png

I find fishing for lineages one of the best parts of the event--same with Christmas and Valentine's day. That and breeding, they're both incredibly fun somehow xd.png

This is me too. I spent most of last Halloween grabbing eggs from the AP and tossing them back, sometimes incu-hatching them, in search of the perfect lineages. Probably hundreds of eggs over the course of the event. Digging in the AP is how I got my hands on 2nd gen holidays from prizes and spriter's alts. It can be an absolute goldmine if you're determined and/or lucky.

Seriously this is one of the best parts of the event. I'm looking forward to spending a few hours sifting through the AP looking for cool holiday lineages. biggrin.gif

Just to clarify, these are the past Halloween dragons, right?:

Cavern Lurker

Shadow Walker

Pumpkin Pygmy

Grave

Black Marrow

Vamps (year round)

Desipissies

Am I missing any?

A full set of 7 o.o I gotta make sure I get unlocked somewhat about 2 days before the new drop.

Edited by Stellaluna22

Just to clarify, these are the past Halloween dragons, right?:

Cavern Lurker

Shadow Walker

Pumpkin Pygmy

Grave

Black Marrow

Vamps (year round)

Desipissies

Am I missing any?

A full set of 7 o.o I gotta make sure I get unlocked somewhat about 2 days before the new drop.

Yep, that's all of them. smile.gif You'll have plenty of time. I ended up getting 3 batches of old Halloween eggs last year because there were so many left at the end of the event. biggrin.gif

Edit for wording

Edited by Eos

I love Halloween, so can't wait!

Going to baulk up on PB Shadow Walkers wub.gif Plus I have a couple of Halloween checkers to breed for!

I was looking through the 'Completed Requests' list the other day (just to look at all the pretty sprites biggrin.gif ) and saw a 'death' dragon and another that looked like a skeleton dragon...something like that would be super cool and fun this year!

Edited by Saori_Nightstar