Jazeki

Halloween Speculation Thread

So, it's a few minutes to October--which means it's time to start a new speculation thread.

What Halloween dragons do you think we will have this year? What kind do you want to see? What kind of event do you think we will have? Are you going to collect old Halloweens? Will you breed Halloweens for others?

As always, I look forward to the possibility of a werewolf dragon being released. I am looking forward to the candy hunt and I will be collecting desipises and possibly other Halloweens as mates for my Christmas and Valentine's dragons. I will also be breeding for other people/trading.

Something that looks equally good with every tinsel.

Or maybe an ooze.

EDIT: I should sprite one

Edited by DragoonEagle

I'm rather excited for this year's rawrscaryholidayofbooghostpumpkin release. I'm very intrigued as to which artist's (or even a new artist's) dragon gets chosen.

Part of me really wants a gorey/creepy/scary/spoopy dragon, but another part of me is hoping for one more on the Pumpkin side of things, since it's been a long time since we've gotten one. I'm excited ^^

I'll probably breed my Desipises for the AP, but as for what I want as dragons?

As always, I look forward to the possibility of a werewolf dragon being released.

O-Oh my gosh, these would be awesome!!! I didn't even think of a werewolf! Sign me up. :3 But if it had to be something else... I guess another "ghosty" sort of dragon? I know we have Shadow Walkers, but I like ghosts a lot. Maybe it could be a ghostly sort of greenish color... *stares off into the distance, lost in thought*

I will breed my Desipis with Brutes. I have a few other dragons that I will be breeding too, but that is my favorite pairing for this Halloween.

A werewolf dragon would be awesome! I prefer the scarier concepts to something cutesy, but I will be excited for whatever type of dragon ends up being released. And as always, I look forward to collecting the treats and participating in the event. This is the beginning of my favorite few months on DC, so I'm super excited! smile.gif

Personally I want a Swamp-Thing Dragon, probably the most overlooked classical movie monster.

If not that then a mummy inspired or even Frankenstein's monster inspired one.

As for the event, I don't really care lol. I do want to see more dragons with costumes though.

Werewolf dragons sounds very interesting! Personally I'd prefer a scary/gore dragon, but still with some class, so it's not just disgusting but also beautiful. Super excited for the coming few months!

I want a spider dragon! biggrin.gif

Or something based on folklore, there are tons of awesome-looking demon creatures in mythologies all over the world.

But I'll be happy with whatever comes, it's my favourite DC holiday. Can't wait! biggrin.gif

What's "spoopy"?

An intentional misspelling of spooky. http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spoopy

I will be happy with what ever we get. I plan on collecting every Halloween dragon I missed on my 5 year hiatus and breeding my Pumpkins to gift or trade for some of my missed years.

So out of curiosity, do people catch & release holiday dragons so they're available on the AP after the event is over, or is that a stupid idea?

I still hope for Scarecrow dragons.

The catch and release idea seems pretty good to me!

I want something like a gremlin, a pygmy gremlin Halloween dragon. It'd be soo cool!

*goes off to make a concept*

I have a few breeds I have yet to get since I went on Hiatus for a while. I'll be hoarding them and trading for them...

I want something like a gremlin, a pygmy gremlin Halloween dragon. It'd be soo cool!

*goes off to make a concept*

A pygmy gremlin would be so stinking cute. biggrin.gif

I look forward to the trick-or-treat event every year. I'm too old to go trick-or-treating for real without a kid in tow (which I don't have) but no one can judge me for doing the DC version laugh.gif Someone mentioned dragon costumes like we had in...2012, was it? That was a lot of fun and I'd like to see it again too. I will be breeding all of my old Halloweens to the AP unless someone requests offspring, and I have dozens of them. Not all CBs, but mostly nice lineages. There are some lineages I need, and I'll either be trading for those or hunting them in the AP, possibly both.

Now, the new dragon? Hmm. I agree that a werewolf dragon would be pretty awesome. Mostly I'm looking at it in terms of color, though. Our existing Halloween breeds have a lot of black, white/gray, and orange to them. Traditional Halloween colors, but so are green and purple and red, and it'd be great to see something primarily in one of those colors. Lurkers are very dark purple, I know, but to me they're so dark they look nearly black so I almost don't want to count them.

I don't really know what we might get; it's always a surprise to me. I'd like another 'searching for objects' event, like the haunted house. It's always fun to collect those things, and of course I can't wait for trick-or-treating to start.

I plan to breed my holiday dragons, absolutely. Particularly my Shadow Walkers, since I have a lineage I'm working on for them, but I'll probably breed a few of my others, too. I plan to collect older dragons, probably with an emphasis on Depsis as I have barely any of them. I'll have to see what other dragons I'm low on to decide what other ones I'm going to collect... probably Pumpkin and Grave for starters, and it's always nice looking for interesting lineages in the AP.

Edited by silver_chan

Ooohhh, a werewolf dragon! That sounds freaking awesome. Especially if it's howling at the moon. In real life I'm very, very afraid of spiders, but I think a spider-based dragon has the potential to be very cool.

The thing I'm looking forward to the most is the trick-or-treat. I LOVE seeing all the little things spriters make! I love how unique and different and interesting they all are. And I love that I can come on this forum in order to figure out the different references that fly over my head.

I need more Shadow Walkers. Like, NEEEEED them. They are by far my favorite Halloween dragon. And of course a couple more Desipis.

Something cute and silly, like a Pygmy Candy Corn dragon!

I don't plan on collecting any more past Halloweens so I'll just be breeding those to the AP and/or if anyone requests, and as for this year's new breed I'd really like some kind of werewolf dragon that I can pair with Silver Lunar Heralds for the lulz. XD Though a candy/candy corn Pygmy sounds cute, too, or maybe some kind of Halloween Drake?

Trick or Treat is always fun, and I love the story events. <3 Perhaps this time it'll be a mysterious library that ties into the Encyclopedia somehow?

Something cute and silly, like a Pygmy Candy Corn dragon!

Oh yes. It would be adorable. Especially a Pygmy, because they're so tiny and cute. Candy corn themed things for Halloween always sound nice too, so it'd be wonderful if a candy corn dragon happened.

I like the idea of a werewolf dragon or candy corn pygmy dragon. My hope for this year is that we get something that is really creative and in the spirit of Halloween. I have enjoyed the color themes of previous years, but it would be nice to see something entirely different. I also hold hope for getting a new pygmy or drake. We really need more of those.

My primary focus will be to find a Desipis mate for this cutie. I would also like to get some more pumpkins this year.

To be honest, I don't really look forward to the collection process of the treats. I'm in college and the work load in late October and early November is not a pretty sight. However, I still look forward to seeing all the cute artwork.

Since all I have for Halloween are a couple of vampires, I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can get my hands on. I really love the thought of a candy corn pygmy, though. I think that would be really adorable!

Kinda hoping for a skele/bone dragon. :3

Like the person above, the only Halloween dragons I have are the Vampires. Really hoping I can get my hands on most the ones I missed this year.