Kiti

Child of the Dragon (invatation only)

I'm fine with the uncle thing. Sorry I didn't make a starting post, I got distracted by another game while I was waiting. xd.png

A small question, should I start it in their home cave or somewhere else?

in the home cave

here's my other dragon:

Name: Eryanox ,”Lord Derrick Greyantler “

sex: Male

appearance: Large gold drake with an extra horn . His horns are black with one of the larger two having a crack in it. One canine is snapped in half and he has very fine scars across his paws from where a knight cornered him as a young dragon and he resorted to grabbing the sword out of his hands to avoid getting slaughtered. In his half-elven form he’s tall and slender displaying qualities of both races long gold hair tucked behind his ears and in both he has piercing forest green eyes . In his elven form he wears gloves constantly as he’s self-conscious of the scars.

alignment: lawful evil

desires: Ryseratrax’s horde.

Family: Ser Greyantler-presumed father the former lord of the kingdom he’s taken over and a elven concubine . In actuality? Unknown Dragoness and Drake. Ser Greyantler was bribed with Eryanox’s horde as a teenager to take an elven concubine who later mysteriously died while “Derrick “appeared disguised as a small child

Magic: yes- uses his to maintain his shape shifting. As a result he can’t use any without parts of the illusion fading.

History: Eryanox was always small for a dragon, he was the runt of his clutch and hatched with a crooked wing his mother snapped almost as soon as she saw the deformity to set the bones straight . He was the only one in his clutch to hatch with green eyes, which have no real cause and are always a sign of druidic potential . Legend says that green eyes mark a child or hatchling as sharing blood with the ancient forest lords and empress of old. This certainly helped Eryanox as his green thumb in his elven guise really sells the illusion as he can bring wilting plants back to full health and his lands have never had a poor harvest. It’s all he can do however without the illusion starting to fade-to a noticeable extent.

When he was barely out of his mother’s lair he met a knight by chance and was imminently attacked. Eryanox was no fighter and resorted to grabbing the sword out of the knights hand trying to bend the metal into an unusable point to save his own life. The ploy worked, but left his paws bloody and the drake himself unable to walk for some time having to crawl on his legs and forearms until the wounds healed. It was then that he promised himself that he would never be attacked by a knight again and set a plan in motion to disguise himself as a lord and thus above knights. He set his eyes on a young lord-ling and after gathering up a fair bit of gold bribed him with it to take him as his son later on. It’s been over a century since then and things are going according to plan. He has a horde of his own-much larger than what he bribed the man with and is happy to no longer be the target of knights on their quests.

More recently he set his eyes on a silver dragoness named Myashia, or Mya for short and gifted her a ring , both as a sign of endearment and because it’s enchanted- as most rings are with a powerful spell that will keep her in the form of a young human woman as long as she wears it.

Which is most handy for Lord Derrick Greyantler

Edited by Kiti

Basking in the afternoon light, Dystrikylis swatted lazily at a few insects that dared to fly around her. There wasn't much to do now, she would explore, but it was almost time for dinner and she'd just have to go back. Maybe she could catch some more squirrels for food, or maybe get one of those wild turkeys that were always delicious, even when the minotaur put too much salt on. Standing up, she walked out of the cave entrance and spread her wings. Her wings caught the breeze almost immediately and she was off like a rocket. Circling a few times over the forest, she soon found what she was looking for. The turkey wasn't much work to kill, although she wasn't fully grown yet, the turkey was pretty much defenseless. Making off with her kill, she brought it back to the cave and dropped it off at the minotaur's kitchen. Since the minotaur was almost done now Dystrikylis decided to visit her mother for a small chat. Walking into her mother's quarters, she greeted her. "Hello mother. How are you feeling? I caught a wild turkey for dinner today." Sitting down, she curled her tail around her legs and waited for a response.

((Sorry it's kinda short and if there are logical problems. Tell me if the yellow is too bright))

(yellow is a little bright, but I can manage, what do you think of the other dragon I just posted?)

The old dragoness lifted her head. She smiled fondly at the little hatchling, even if she wasn't so little anymore, "That's nice dear. Did you give it to the cook? why don't you do me a favor and hide some of the salt? I know he means well since salt preserves meat but we're dragons..it's not going to make us sick." She got up, old bones creaking "It's getting cold...these old joints are acting up again. But I'm fine"

((It's good. Should I add more to the appearance section of mine? I didn't know how much detail you wanted.))

"I did. I'll go hide it now." Standing up, Dystrikylis stealthily padded over to the kitchen. Waiting for the perfect opportunity, she swiped the huge container of salt when the minotaur was looking the other way. Carrying it out of the cave, she hid it behind an especially thick bush. Before returning to her mother's room, she grabbed a few logs to make a fire. When she came back to the room, she lit the logs with her flame breath to produce a campfire. "Is this better? I can get some more logs if you want. I hid the salt behind the large bush outside, the minotaur will never find it there. He always glosses right over it when he's looking for herbs, like it doesn't exist. Speaking of the minotaur, when I took the salt the food was almost done. It should be arriving now."

Ryseratrax spred her wings taking in some of the warmth, "ahh...much."

"Well I would certainly hope so. I'm getting a bit peckish." The old dragoness gently nudged her hatchling with her snout. "With any luck it should taste better than usual. I'm just glad he's as generous with sugar in desserts as he is the salt." She settled back down near the flames. The shadows cast off by the fire greating exhagerating just how wrinkled and frail the old dragon was.

How dull her eyes were didn't help though. cataracts changed her eye color, and made it quite hard for her to see more than a few feet. Ryseratrax's sense of smell however more than made up for it .

(edit it if you want to I'm not gonna force, and Esko_The_Wolf do you want me to make a post with Derrick or do you want to start the other half? have you read his bio?)

((Yes, I read it. I'd like you to post the one half please, mostly so I don't get confused and mess something up. Just a precaution))

The dragon hummed as he walked the way to the godesses' home, to visit the family. He had a scroll in one front foot, just for Kylis to read. He took a deep breath and felt the breeze on his scales, heard the sounds of nature. Ryseratrax sure had a nice area surrounding her home- then again, why wouldn't she?

Rassa walked with a dance in his steps, getting closer to the home of the great Dragon goddess, excited to see the family.

Eventually, he got there. Good day, everybody! Uncle Rassa is here! he announced excitedly.

Lord Derrick Greyantler sat on his throne. He rubbed his hands together, even through the gloves he could still feel the indentations and grooves along his hands where the sword had cut into him all those years ago. The hair on the back of his neck rose at the thought. He pulled the cloak he was wearing tight, concentrating on keeping himself looking normal-no scales. no reptilian pupils.

Seeing as there were no more peasants rushing in to inform their lord of a raid or attack Derrick decided to get up and he went back to his quarters. He could feel the illusion starting to fade as his nerves were shot and had barely slammed the door when his finger nails turned to claws and threatened to rip the gloves. He took them off, followed by his other garments and crown as a gold drake stood where the half elf lord had previously. "I need to stop doing that." He shook his head before using his claw tips to neatly fold his robes and set them on a dresser with his crown on top.

Then he looked back at the door and reached out a claw to latch the deadbolt in place. Privacy was very important to him. He sat down. Most of the furniture in the room had been arranged around the outside leaving a vast open space in the middle. It was a tight fit, for a normal sized drake. But he was about half the size of one and had a little room. Not enough to stretch his wings. But he was comfortable with the whole king sized bed as a pillow if need be.

((Last post for the night, and I edited Dystrikylis's appearance a little.))

Seeing her mother like this made it hard for Dystrikylis to believe that she was once a great and powerful dragon. She had heard stories about her mother's feats from the minotaurs, and it made her wonder what her older siblings were like. Were they fierce and famous? Rassa's call dragged her away from her thoughts and she bounded over to him "Hello Uncle!" she greeted. "You've come just in time for dinner. As she said this, minotaurs began bringing in food. "I caught a turkey today, try some!" She pointed at the cooked turkey. Spotting the scroll in Rassa's claws, she asked him "What's that scroll for?"

((Probably my last post for tonight. I'm at a church lock-in, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get in for the rest of the night.))

---(Myashia)---

The dragoness sat in the Royal quarters, the recent events playing over and over in her head. She actually won the companionship of the King, the one she thought for years would pay her no mind. Even now, when she was certain it was no dream, she still felt a pang of surprise whenever she relayed the memory of the King giving her the ring.

It's not a dream. I pinched myself over and over, and yet I'm still feeling like it's a dream.

This isn't possible.

Yet it is real.

She looked up when Derrick entered the quarters and the spell faded, the huminoid becoming the dragon she knew. Hello, Derrick. Stressful day? she asked, concerned for the drake.

---(Rassa)---

The dragon beamed when he was greeted. Nice! Great catch! he chirped, then took a piece of the cooked bird. Wow. Really nice catch. This ones' a good one!

Wait, it's not unbelievably salty. What happened?

Eh, I won't ask. The cook may overhear.

He looked at the scroll when the dragonet asked about it. Oh, it's this story I got from a travelling merchant for a good price. I gave it a quick look-over and thought you'd like it. Rassa handed the scroll over.

(Guess I'll see you both tomorrow morning, it's the sabbath so I doubt anything too busy is planned besides church , but that tends to be in the evenings around here so idk)

"Long day." Derrick hid his claws, thankful that she was using his half-elven name in case a guard passed. "A few knights came by asking for my blessing to exchange a horse or borrow a new sword from the armory. You know how I hate dealing with them...I suppose it just worse me down. " The drake straightened the crown again. His tail quivering as it moved side to side in irritation. He thought about getting a shot out of one of the bottles in the rack next to the dresser to calm his nerves. But wasn't sure if he'd be able to manipulate the small corks in his current size. "I wish the knights would just get what they came for without asking me. I thought I could handle it...but it's been a century now and I still can't." His vanity though was appoeriate for someone claiming to be of elf blood.

he wouldn't even ask his fiancee to open the bottle for him.

Ryseratrax paid more attention to the quality of the meat, and lack of salt than she did the other two dragon's conversation. She did use a claw to poke at the fire keeping it going to help her aching joints. "She needs to start learning runes. Elfish, dragonic, man speak. I smell the spark of magic to my Kylis but my eyes aren't good enough to read the scribbles anymore. You can take what you want from my horde , just make sure she's fluent in the three languages "

((One of the super duper rare occasions I stay up late nowadays. It's short, but eh))

---(Rassa)---

The dragon whipped his head towards the weakening dragoness, who spoke of her daughter needing to learn to read. Oh no, I can't take anything from your hoard. I am sure I can find somebody who can teach her. If all else fails, I can try and teach her from my own knowledge. he offered, putting a hand on the great dragonesses' shoulder.

---(Myashia)---

She slowly nodded her head. I'm guessing they feel it is right to gain your blessing every time. she shrugged. Then, in response to his next worry, she walked up to him and put a hand on his shoulder. All will be well, sire. We both have plenty a lifetime to get used to it. she assured, attempting to speak in a formal way to her fiancé.

(gonna wait on Ryseratrax till Silverphoenixx gets back in case she wanted to say something first. It's one here .so I guess early? idk I'm only up a hour past when I usually go to bed)

Derrick relaxed a bit, he was still fumbling with his paws rubbing the scarred golden scales together. "I'm glad I gave that ring to you. Once we're married you can be the one telling them to go away. The gold drake really was a nervous wreck, more so than a normal dragon his age who were usually still full of the arrogance of youth. But he was also careful, planning out everything as far in advance as possible. "I wish I could get into old Rysertrax's horde. she's bound to have more magic rings or an old scroll on shapeshifting. I'm fairly sure as long as any children we have are conceived under the effects of this magic " He said motioning a claw to the ring she had . "That it should just be one at a time and human looking. atleast until if they have magic they're old enough to control it to shift back into a dragon if not that ring of yours works both ways. Human to dragon, dragon to human. they'll have a dragon's life span though. The problem is I only have one of those rings and no scrolls on shape shifting. I need access to that horde but those minotaurs aren't going to let me close and rurmor has it her youngest clutch and another adult drake guard the lair as well. It could be as many as twenty dragons against us and countless Minotaurs and orcs."

((Typing on my kindle so it may be short))

Dystrikylis smiled at the praise. It probably just tastes better because there's less salt. I should hide the salt next time the minotaur buys it as well. When Rassa said the scroll was for her she took it with interest. Her mother was right, she should learn runes. Then she wouldn't have to ask the minotaurs to read to her. Maybe then she could learn powerful magic and be like her mother too. "I want you to teach me Uncle!" She said this partly because she really did want to be taught by someone she was familiar with and partly because she knew that a stranger would most likely take a lot from her mother's hoard. Seeing as the hoard might become hers someday, she'd do well to preserve it. Besides, you could never know the true intentions of strangers, and if they invited one who knew magic into the heart of their home, who knew how much damage they could do? The center of their home was past most of the guards out in front, and even if they heard the commotion the stranger most likely would have killed her weakened mother and her. Even if she escaped the stranger would have control over her mother's land and horde, and she'd have to wait till she was full grown to take it back.

((Actually if Derrick got the job then took Ryseratrax's land and horde while Kylis escaped it would make an interesting revenge story.))

(he doesn't know how many hatchlings Rysertrax had/ are still living with her. Any given time a dragoness could have half her brood living with her still as a small army A lot of them do employ older sons as guards and when the mother dies they fight over their shares before the strongest keeps the lair and the majority of the treasure while weaker ones take surrounding caves and what ever their brother didn't want/ didn't see them sneak out with. Momma though has her mintaours and orcs so she didn't really see a point in keeping her hatchlings homebound unless they wanted to. Down side to being a guard drake is all the females around you are your sisters and mother.)

This made the old dragoness smile, "Then it's settled. You two will start lessons , oh it's around here somewhere..." she turned around heading into another passageway . The clank of metal and the rushing sound of coins falling kept the cave noisy for a while until she came back out with a scroll case, "I got this about four hundred years ago. it's the oldest scroll set I still have. There was a flood before then...the metal was fine but I lost my wood carvings and other scrolls. Mintaours were soaked and the place smelled like wet dog for a week. Orcs don't really swim so they just climbed up on my back to avoid drowning so they didn't get as wet"

---(Rassa)---

He jerked his head towards Kylis, who excitedly exclaimed the desire for him to teach her. She wants me to teach her! Okay, I'll do my best. Looks like her mother agrees to it.

Indeed she did, and she voiced it before walking to her hoard and creating a lot of noise digging for it. He could imagine all the gold and precious items, acquired through so many years of glory. He wondered what it was like to be feared by almost everybody, and being pretty much a godess. He certainly was not a well known face, but he was rather fine with that- he didn't have females swarming to mate with him or males challenging him.

She returned with a metal scroll case, and explained a story behind it. He took the case with care, and opened it in a gentle manner. He pulled out the scroll and read it. This seems like something she can start with!

---(Myashia)---

She gave her soon-to-be-husband a smile. I will be sure to do so, once we are married. she promised- and she wasn't one to break promises.

Then, he started to explain about a multitude of things, including what would happen to their children. She tried her best to keep the thought of the King in bed out of her head. That is not a thought for the present moment.

She looked down at the ring she wore, the ring that was given to her the day he chose her. It enabled her to take on a human form, and she didn't mean to be cocky, but her human form was actually rather pretty . She had been surprised.

I am sure there is a way. We won't remain answerless forever. Maybe we can send a spy to watch and see what the adult drake looks like, and ask? It may not be pointless to ask. she suggested, trying to be helpful.

((I'm curious, what does the scroll say?

And I feel my posts are getting worse .3.))

(Fire reflection, reader becomes immune to fire for a short while. Or they can use the scroll to enchant a ring or other jewelry and it'll last as long as they're wearing it. Figured it would be funny for a dragon to own a case of fire reflection scrolls. Waiting on silverphoenixx again before fill Ryseratrax's part)

Derrick certainly seemed to be thinking, "It might be worth a shot. " He closed his eyes, concentrating as the drake shifted back into a half elf. he had the gloves on almost as soon as his hands became visible again and used his back to block her view of what the bare skin looked like. Even in his real form he had a habit of hiding his paws under his wings or keeping his arms crossed constantly. He slipped into a black and gold tunic first before putting his robes back on, with the crown last. "Let's go see if we can find anything out shall we?"

(he doesn't know how many hatchlings Rysertrax had/ are still living with her. Any given time a dragoness could have half her brood living with her still as a small army A lot of them do employ older sons as guards and when the mother dies they fight over their shares before the strongest keeps the lair and the majority of the treasure while weaker ones take surrounding caves and what ever their brother didn't want/ didn't see them sneak out with. Momma though has her mintaours and orcs so she didn't really see a point in keeping her hatchlings homebound unless they wanted to. Down side to being a guard drake is all the females around you are your sisters and mother.)

This made the old dragoness smile, "Then it's settled. You two will start lessons , oh it's around here somewhere..." she turned around heading into another passageway . The clank of metal and the rushing sound of coins falling kept the cave noisy for a while until she came back out with a scroll case, "I got this about four hundred years ago. it's the oldest scroll set I still have. There was a flood before then...the metal was fine but I lost my wood carvings and other scrolls. Mintaours were soaked and the place smelled like wet dog for a week. Orcs don't really swim so they just climbed up on my back to avoid drowning so they didn't get as wet"

((Ah that makes sense. I thought tat Rassa might go searching and inform him but since it's already decided oh well.))

Imagining the smell of wet dog, Dystrikylis wrinkled her nose and was glad she wasn't born then. Tilting her head to one side in curiosity, she looked at the scroll. "How do I learn this? What does it say?" The runes didn't look extremely hard to learn, but they weren't very simple either. "Will I get to try doing what it says later? Runes seemed like a very interesting thing to her, and she imagined what it would feel like to do magic. Would she be able to catch turkeys without having to move a claw? Or would it take a great amount of effort? Although she wasn't a newly hatched dragon any more, she still had the energy of a hatchling, and bounced up and down in anticipation.

(I don't think anything's set in stone really.)

Ryseratrax watched her hatchling, she really was glad that Rassa was there. Now she'd have someone to teach her. "It's fire scrolls. They'll make you immune to flames for a short time,or you can put the enchantment on your faveriote locket or ring and as long as you're wearing it the flames won't hurt you. The chef's nose ring , you know the silver one set with the ruby he always wears is enchanted with one. I might have some other scrolls around here, younger ones."

((Before I make Rassas' post, I'm not sure how I'm going to play Rassa teaching Kylis how to read xd.png))

Myashia nodded slightly and smiled when he responded to her idea. Hopefully something comes out of it, or I may look like an idiot for suggesting it. At least I'm trying to be helpful?

When he transformed fully back into his half-elf form, she quickly looked down to avoid looking at his nakedness, a blush forming on her cheeks. As much as she wanted to see, she knew better than to stare at the King while he dressed. That would be extremely rude, and she wanted to not be that.

After he dressed, she nodded at his question. Yes. Let's go. She walked along side the King, ignoring the roar that her stomach let out. Wait until dinnertime to eat. I don't know if having a snack is a good idea, and I'd rather not test it.

(however you want I don't care)

Derrick did seem a little hesitant to leave the protections of his castle, but he quickly got over it. It was a little amazing how a dragon of all things could prefer a half elven shape. Or be as quick as he was on just two legs. "Quite a trek across. If you take the ring off we could fly up behind the lair. I'm fairly sure I could disguise myself as one of those minotaurs or a small bat. It's a cave. I'm sure they're many of them there. "

(hey guys I'm inviting 2 more people in. One is already a friend o fmine, for...a year come next month. And the other is shadow_claw. My friend's name is Luccamajere, but I don't think they're going to sign up for a dc account yet. shadow_Claw is getting invited in since she asked before I'd changed the title to closed and to be fair . Luccamajere is getting in cause our rp died when the third person left because she was the one who started it and due to RL stuff no longer has a virtual life and we closed it out of respect rather than move on and godmod her characters and plots. I'm gonna talk with them both, and probably start a new "arch" with shadow_claw until you two feel you're at a point were we can merge. Right now this rp has no villians, or heros. It's still up in the air and the only plot is "teach my kid to read" and "i wanna borrow a book /scroll to see how my kid is gonna turn out when I have them.")

Edited by Kiti

((Oh, cool! Great game plan.))

---(Rassa)---

He got himself ready to teach. Alright. Hum Dee dum dum, let's get started!. He summoned his knowledge and began to go over the runes.

As he went over them, he felt joy in teaching the dragoness how to read. He liked the young one; she was smart, cunning and overall clever. When old Rysteratrax passes, Kylis will take good care of the board and land for sure. She's no dumb little lizard, as humans like to think of us.

He refused to cringe at the thought of his old friend being gone. He liked being around the goddess, she was full of wisdom and stories.

---(Myashia)---

She shrugged. Good idea, but I always get nervous about loosing the ring if I take it off. It's a small thing, it could get lost, y'know? I'd hate to loose it. she fingered at the ring- of she lost it, she would be deathly afraid of her fiance's reaction. He gave it to her, after all. Who would want to loose something from the almighty, deathly attractive king?

(waiting on Ryseratrax again)

Derrick looked over at the silver dragoness. He thought for a moment before pulling a chain out of his pocket. "loop the ring through here then. I'll stick it in my pocket . Just be sure to get out of those clothes before you change or you'll be walking back to the castle bare as a newborn . Or with my cloak drawn around you. Then once we're there I'll shift into a small mouse and scurry along inside since the ring's on a chain you could hook a claw through it to keep track of the little thing." He leaned against a tree, enjoying the shade. As far north as they were all of them were pine. Though there was one birch in the castle court yard - the only one in the region.

((Sorry about not posting for a bit, I've been doing RL things and having no ideas for a post. I might post today or tomorrow, more likely tomorrow cause I'm half asleep right now. I'm fine with more people joining, it sounds like it would be fun.))

(I think something's wrong with my laptop I can't reply to forums or make new posts there. sent a ask to a mod to see if they could figure out the problem. But my desktop works fine. I don't think I'll be inviting anyone else in. But I am changing that thing above us to invitation only)