TJ09

2015-09-27 - Encyclopedia Update (and more)

But then I'd have to hunt down Silvers all over again, and it'd be way harder than it is now. Changing the existing sprites may not make everyone happy, but it's the best way to go.

I actually like the new gold sprites better. *shrug*

I am worried about the new Silver sprites simply because I have so many lineages with them and some might not look as good any more. On the other hand, if that is the case, I am sure there would be new appealing lineages that I could work on instead.

Now to go find some more Whiptail hatchies...

Yeah, you're all right about the uproar part. I'm excited, and even though I like the old sprites, I have faith that the new ones will be gourgeous, especially with the amazing artists we have now ^^

The Holly hang-butt bothers me, now that I was made aware of hang-butt on dragons. I kinda hope the wings are fixed, I hope the poor creature can fly >.<

Very nice! Thank you, TJ! biggrin.gif

Just checked my Encyclopedia on the new listings, and the result are:

• Anagallis Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Coastal Waverunner - Unlocked all!
  • Dark Green Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Falconiform Wyvern - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.
  • Flamingo Wyvern - Raise 8 more adults, or observe 40 more adults. blink.gif
  • Gold-horned Tangar - Unlocked all!
  • Gray Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Green Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 2 more hatchlings.
  • Heartseeker Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Holiday Dragon (2012) - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 1 more hatchling.
  • Ice Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Lumina Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.
  • Olive Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Pillow Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Pink Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Plated Colossus Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Pyralspite - Dragon Unlocked all!
  • Ridgewing Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Royal Crimson Dragon - Unlocked all! (With 334 eggs owned, 1437 Adults observed! biggrin.gif)
  • Turpentine Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Two-Finned Bluna - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Water Walker Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 2 more hatchlings.
  • Whiptail Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.
Got my work cut out for me! xd.png (And what's with all those Flamingoes? rolleyes.gif)

As for sprite updates, I love the Hollies and the Silver males as they are so I hope the updates kee the character of the old sprites in mind. I say this as a fan of the Gold updates, because I thought the personality was carried beautifully into the new sprite. I am also a fan of dimorphism, so I looking forward to the Horse and Nilia updates. <3

yeah flamingo dragon is nuts! xd.png

You've gotta view around 250 adults to unlock everything.

Disappointed the Hollys are going to be changed. sad.gif

The Hollys are lovely just as they are. They've been like that fore years, and they've been enjoyed that way for years. They've always been my favourite sprite.

And those who don't like them don't need to have them on their scrolls. So there's no reason to change the sprites.

Rather than spending time on things that don't even need to be changed (Silvers and Holly), the time could have been much better spent, bringing back Frills. Their return was talked about last year, but so far, nothing's come of it. sad.gif

I actually like the new gold sprites better. *shrug*

I am worried about the new Silver sprites simply because I have so many lineages with them and some might not look as good any more. On the other hand, if that is the case, I am sure there would be new appealing lineages that I could work on instead.

Now to go find some more Whiptail hatchies...

Same. I prefer all of the newer sprites, which is why I'm excited about seeing the changes. ^^

I'm hoping the sprite updates don't cause too much of a commotion...but all in all I'm looking forward to these changes. biggrin.gif

I'm quite amused by all the people judging the sprite updates before they've seen any of them. Guys, all we have so far is a little bit of text saying there will be updates. Wait and see; they may only improve the sprites and make you like them more. Don't be disappointed by something until you can accurately judge what that thing actually is--it'll save you a lot of heartache.

Rather than spending time on things that don't even need to be changed (Silvers and Holly), the time could have been much better spent, bringing back Frills. Their return was talked about last year, but so far, nothing's come of it. sad.gif

That would be under the assumption though that the same artists are working on it. While we don't know who is doing to holly, there are several artists that could be working on it. As far as I am aware, only Lythiarin is working on the frills.

And personally, I like the idea of a holly update. I never liked them, they never looked that good for all their value.

Yeah, you're all right about the uproar part. I'm excited, and even though I like the old sprites, I have faith that the new ones will be gourgeous, especially with the amazing artists we have now ^^

The Holly hang-butt bothers me, now that I was made aware of hang-butt on dragons. I kinda hope the wings are fixed, I hope the poor creature can fly >.<

I always thought of the hollies like the knucker dragons from the Dragonology book. Flightless but still have small wings because wings are cool even if you can't use them. (Also I mean, DC dragons can also use their magic to fly so that's always a possibility I guess)

also i think the tiny holly wings are cute as heck but that's just me

Seems I stand corrected. tongue.gif Haven't seen anyone even mention the gold sprite in months so I figured people were finally cool with the new one. Oh well, rip.

No real point in rehashing it forever, no matter how unhappy one is, is there?

Disappointed the Hollys are going to be changed. sad.gif

The Hollys are lovely just as they are. They've been like that fore years, and they've been enjoyed that way for years. They've always been my favourite sprite.

And those who don't like them don't need to have them on their scrolls. So there's no reason to change the sprites.

as much I disagree about the sprite update and 'don't like don't have'(I'm on the side of 'the game should feel a whole and consistent' especially as the ovarall sprite quality got much higher compared to a few years back, and a change for better is good), I agree about the Frills come-back.

Would be great to see one retired breed less and to get my hands on a breed I had no chance to obtain as I found out about the game too late.

And personally, I like the idea of a holly update. I never liked them, they never looked that good for all their value.

Fair enough if you don't like them - just don't collect them.

But many of us DO like them just as they are.

I always thought of the hollies like the knucker dragons from the Dragonology book. Flightless but still have small wings because wings are cool even if you can't use them. (Also I mean, DC dragons can also use their magic to fly so that's always a possibility I guess)

also i think the tiny holly wings are cute as heck but that's just me

Yes, the little baby wings are so adorable! But I suppose they'll be changed based on whether Hollies are flightless or not.

Yet all of you haven't yet seen the updated sprite, and thus don't know whether you like it or not. Don't be so quick to judge something that you haven't even seen. You may even like it more than the original.

Edited by PieMaster

"If you don't like our country, you can leave"

What's so bad about hoping to expand the Holly fanbase? The sprite's not perfect; no sprite is. An update might allow even more people to love the dragon like you do, and may even make you love them more.

Please, guys, wait for the sprites to come before complaining.

Also:

2007 Christmas Dragons (Small shading and anatomy tweaks)

The Hollies are not being completely changed. Just small shading and anatomy tweaks. I don't see the reason behind the fuss

I do not know how the updated sprites will look like. But, based on the awesome sprites that have been released in the last couple of years, I'm sure that they will be fantastic! I can sympathize with the DC veterans that do not like change but change is part of life. So... TJ and spriters, please bring it on! Someone will not be happy but I would bet that the overwhelming majority will be smile.gif Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyh!

For one, I collect everything, whether I like it or not, so it would be better if they actually looked decent. Two, these are explicitly listed as small changes. And even if you don't like the changes, what if more people like the changes than not? While it would be a negative to YOU, it would be a net positive. After all, you too are free to not collect them.

Don't forget the whiptail update That went down as generally positive. What if this one is similar? Everyone forgets the whiptails and focuses on the, usually older, updates they didn't like.

Edited by Nectaris

Yet all of you haven't yet seen the updated sprite, and thus don't know whether you like it or not. Don't be so quick to judge something that you haven't even seen. You may even like it more than the original.

Echoing PieMaster. You don't know if you'll like the updates until you see them.

After seeing what the old Golds look like I much prefer the new ones, the old ones are... Eugh. I like the Silver's but I'm excited to see what they look like. I can understand if you collect a dragon that's going to be updated or something, but seriously, chill out and wait till it's actually released before throwing a fit rolleyes.gif

I am so, so excited for the sprite updates, especially the Silvers. I've wanted the Silver to at least be given smoother lines throughout their tails for so long now.

And I hope the Silver hatchlings get a good update too- I thought they were weird mice or something when I first joined DC 7 years ago. >>;

Also, as a Computer Science major, it pleases me greatly to see the Gold in the example images be named "Hello World." xd.png

For one, I collect everything, whether I like it or not, so it would be better if they actually looked decent. Two, these are explicitly listed as small changes. And even if you don't like the changes, what if more people like the changes than not? While it would be a negative to YOU, it would be a net positive. After all, you too are free to not collect them.

Don't forget the whiptail update That went down as generally positive. What if this one is similar? Everyone forgets the whiptails and focuses on the, usually older, updates they didn't like.

Exactly.

And also collecting each breed. Just 5/each but still, each breed. And I wish I could have the Frills and old Pinks. I feel incomplete without them.

(well, for me exept for Dinos, but they're not dragons xd.png same with chickens)

Yes, yes and yes!!!