TJ09

2015-09-27 - Encyclopedia Update (and more)

Not looking forward to the silver and Holly changes. While I'm sure they will be beautiful, it feels like the last fragments of the original game that I fell in love with are fading away. *sigh*

...There we go, filled out all the new Encyclopedia entries. xd.png

I also just checked the Silver Sprite update topic, and I kinda want Opal Dragon's sprites. They're so FLUFFY. <3

PS. I've been here since 2008 and I still don't mind the sprite changes at all. They could update all the sprites of EVERY dragon, and I'd still be excited about it~

Edited by Beldarius

I'm excited to see what the new Silvers are gonna look like. ohmy.gif I'm a little sad the Holly is getting a little update though. I like it being all wonky looking. It just shows how far the spriters have come over the years. But I'm sure it'll look amazing anyway.

Time to go fill my encyclopedia some more! biggrin.gif

Yaaaaayyyyy! Entry for my beloved Falconiform Wyverns and of course it is already unlocked. happy.gif

So i will do screenshots of the old Sprites and looking forward to the new ones.

I do not own Silvers and all the i have seen in the linked thread were the updates are discussed they will stay eastern styled dragons. They colours will be maybe a bit different shaded but males will still have shimmery blue fur and females still a similar soft pink fur because of the entry in the encyclodpedia and still no wings. Keep calm!

I am glad that at least everyone who reads the forum news now knows that it is save to breed because the next time we need eggslots is the breeding time for Halloween Dragons and the new Halloween Dragons.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed something to this!

i'm so excited to see the new horse and silver sprites (: i really hope the silvers aren't changed too much though, i really love their current design

Not looking forward to the silver and Holly changes. While I'm sure they will be beautiful, it feels like the last fragments of the original game that I fell in love with are fading away. *sigh*

My feelings exactly. I just don't understand the impulse to update everything and make it new. I am sure the new sprites will be lovely. We have great and talented artists here! But in my opinion their skills are better employed in creating new and exciting sprites than in changing the ones we have known and loved for years. "Outdated" is subjective when it comes to art and that is the word that seems to be used most to justify these changes.

And I am just going to shut up now and roll with whatever comes along. wink.gif

I can't wait for the new sprite updates to come! biggrin.gif

I really hope that it's soon and not like in another week and a half :/

Still iffy on the Silvers though....

For my opinion, I'm excited. I've screenshotted my Holly as it is now, and when it's updated, I'll compare. I also saved the Silver adult sprites to look at them forever.

This is all very exciting. New sprites! This is the first sprite update I've been here for, so this is special ^^

I'm screaming about the Silver sprite updates oh my gods!!!

This is so great I love

I am very excited for the sprite updates and hope to see them sooner rather than later. :3

I hope the new Silvers are good. I have a bad feeling these new sprites are just going to cause a nice new uproar. :/

Half empty:

No release in September? I'm so disappointed and bummed out. So next time we will have a new "real" release will be March? sad.gif

Half full:

Maybe because my "past" in DC is short (quite longer than my forum "past" but still...), I'm not emotionally attached to the older sprites and, considering the beautiful sprites that have been released in the last couple of years, I'm so excited about the updates.

Eeee~ new sprites! So excited about that. There's not a single updated sprite I don't like more than the older ones. ^^

Yayyy, a new pretty mobile site. I have to use the site on my phone often now because of uni, so it's great to hear that it'll be getting a nice update!

Awesome! I can't wait to see the new Horse sprites!

Hehehe And the other updates and the new Halloween dragon too, of course X3

Thank you, TJ ^^

~Wolf

I hope the new Silvers are good. I have a bad feeling these new sprites are just going to cause a nice new uproar. :/

They will. Everything on DC causes an uproar. Don't worry, people will get over it, same as they did with the golds.

They will. Everything on DC causes an uproar. Don't worry, people will get over it, same as they did with the golds.

Hmm. Yeah, I never did "get over" that. It's just pointless to complain. People kept saying they would grow on me, but they never did. *shrugs*

I'm still all butthurt about the golds. I still like the old sprite better.

But I'll deal. I have a screenshot of my silvers, which I guess is all I need. I'm kinda curious at just how much it'll be changed, though; Just a few touch-ups, or a whole pose overhaul? Somewhere in between?

I'd like to know when the sprites update happens...

Hollies bothered me particularly to be honest, on just everything about their sprite, it doesn't fit^^; shading, those tiny wings, large forehead and so low placed head... I hope they'll get much better, especially in those 3 aspects:)

I've been excited about Silver's update when I found out there was a thread for that. I haven't seen it though. I just hope they'll be prettier and shinier, but still feeling somehow similar:)

I'm so excited about the dimorphism, I really like if a breed has all sprites somehow different, be it just the pose and nothing else(so not a true dimorphism but just different sprites)^^

Edited by VixenDra

I was looking forward to the encyclopedia updates, I love hunting for the eggs/sprites to fill up entries. I'm also excited about the sprite updates, I can't wait to see what the Silvers look like. Thank you for the updates, TJ.

I haven't been as active as I should be ,hopefully, I can rectify that soon.

I am glad you guys are moving up with updates!

So excited for the Halloween event!

ER - we didn't. I still miss the old sprite; we could have kept that for existing ones as happened with the pinks. sad.gif

Just because something CAN be done doesn't mean it should be sad.gif

Though if that "should" be - I'd like the Mona Lisa brightened up a bit.

Seems I stand corrected. tongue.gif Haven't seen anyone even mention the gold sprite in months so I figured people were finally cool with the new one. Oh well, rip.