TJ09

2015-09-27 - Encyclopedia Update (and more)

Thanks for the encyclopedia news. The word of a update to silver dragons has left me with what feels like rocks in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't happy with the majority of the proposed sprites in the thread where it was discussed. I really hope my beloved silvers aren't wrecked. Please don't turn them into gaudy westernized things. sad.gif

This, oh this huh.gif

Also, since someone asked for a link, here you go: Silver Update Spriting Topic. A lot of people remember that thread and usually that's what's being referred to when we talk about specific artists' takes.

Thanks for the link. I've never seen this list before and I have to say, I'd find it quite hard to choose between the sprites. I like to think of the Silvers as graceful things and a lot of these do fit that category but i'm still quite worried about the hatchie sprites. Though I am looking forward to the adult sprites getting a new look, I think the hatchies are fine now.

I'm quite a fan of Verridith and LipizzanerKgirl's hatchie sprite, though and by the looks of it, I don't think the list is very updated. (but I could be wrong) So perhaps something completely different we haven't seen before will pop up.

Edited by lovecats99

Wait...in the Silver update thread TJ locked it back then stating Silvers didn't need an update back then (unless I'm misremembering).

So...are these updated Silvers coming from that thread, or something no one has seen before?

I did see that some of that list has broken images...and I imagine if TJ wanted to use theirs they would be asked to take the images down.

Edit: Yeah, I misremembered. He said it's no longer necessary to continue working on them....

Edited by Slaskia

Awesome.

hMM, so there exists a gold with the old sprite?

Edited by Ashywolf

Woo! I'm kind of glad there's no release this month, with all the Herald hunting going on. And yes, I'm a sucker for lore and I'm really, really happy.

Thanks TJ. Looking forward to the sprite updates and now I'm off to explore the Encyclopedia.

Silvers are getting updated!!! At least there's a warning this time!

Was there any warning for the golds?

Anyway, yea updates and ENCYCLOPEDIA ENTRIES! WOOH! And UPDATED MOBILE SITE!! Finally!!

Will the mobile update including being able to custom sort on mobile? Because that sorely needs to get fixed.

Yay, updates! I look forward to seeing what the new sprites look like.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's Encyclopedia binge time...

Yay for the news, but I'm worried about Silvers. Their current sprites are among my favourite. sad.gif

Me too. I am sure the sprites themselves will be awesome, but I am super picky about which poses go together in checkers. I am worried all my current silver checkers will suddenly turn into something I hate. unsure.gif Guess I will just have to wait and see.

If the poses and general look are the same, just with updated shading and lines, I am all for it, though. Spruce it up a bit and all that. cool.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

Uh oh, revamps. Adding dimorphism is cool and all, but I keep thinking back to the male Sunset changes and how I think some things are better left alone.

Here's hoping it all works out in the end..

I'm a little bit miffed about the "observe 97 more flamingos or raise 19" to get the last entry on the encyclopedia. But oh well.

Who has a flamingo army I can click through?

Possibly Terces. (I managed to unlock mine without checking Terces' scroll, though, so I can't promise it!)

I hope the artists for the updates have some thick skin. There are probably going to be some 'interesting' comments when they come out.

Personally I'm not a big fan of most of the reasons for updating.

OMG FALCONIFORM ENTRY eofwfouwefojwef

This makes me really happy ;w; I already have everything unlocked though lol

I find myself with most of the updates already open. I only need:

Falconiform Wyvern - Raise 1 more adult, or observe 3 more adults.

Flamingo Wyvern - Raise 2 more adults, or observe 10 more adults.

Green Dragon - Raise 1 more adult, or observe 2 more adults.

Holiday Dragon (2012) - Raise 1 more adult, or observe 3 more adults.

Ice Dragon - Raise 2 more adults, or observe 6 more adults.

Olive Dragon - Raise 1 more adult, or observe 2 more adults. (but adult images are still greyed out?)

Whiptail Dragon - Raise 1 more adult, or observe 2 more adults.

I'm not sure why I need so few flamingoes compared to others, but I am glad. I don't think I really need to make the effort to unlock any of these. Normal activity should take care of it.

I haven't gotten a single Silver yet... and I may not depending on what the new sprites look like.... But then again, silvers are silvers and they are really pretty so it'll be hard to take away that prettiness

But otherwise I'm stoked about these new updates~ biggrin.gif

Edited by Clya

Oooh. I'm both excited and nervous about the silvers. They're such beautiful dragons, but the current sprites are pretty... bad. On the other hand, I hope the update really, really keeps their color and pose as best as possible, because I have a ton of lineages based on how they look currently and would be very unhappy if they didn't keep that feel. sad.gif

Iffy on horse dragons, too. The current ones are great, so while the new male might be great too, I feel bad for anyone who's going to lose the way their current lines look.

Looking forward to some (minor) Holly tweaks, though.