TJ09

2015-09-27 - Encyclopedia Update (and more)

Looking forward to seeing the horse sprites!

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Jazeki

I'm terrified with the perspective to lose my beloved beautiful silvers. It's one of my favorite sprites. sad.gif

Personally, I am looking forward to the silver update. While initially I liked them, over the years I have cooled toward them to the point that I don't think they are worth their rare status. Maybe now they will actually be worth hunting/breeding.

I am also glad to see turp info!

Edited by Nectaris

Thank you for the updates.

Looking forward with curiosity and anticipation to the Silver updates especially. I've always loved them and I'm sure the new sprites will be even more beautiful.

As much as I really like the silver sprites we have now, I'm also really looking forward to them getting an update. biggrin.gif

The gold sprite update was one of the best things to happen to this site, sprite change wise - though I do sympathise with the people who preferred the old sprites! Less drastically, I greatly preferred the old sunset dragons to the current ones, and that's just a shading change. ohmy.gif But I'm hopeful the silver change will be a great one; and if not, then I won't be too sad.

That being said, personally, I hope it's not Lady Lyzar's, unless it's her first-attempt male and a female we haven't seen yet - I wasn't personally so happy with the second set, though I could dig those as ascendeds! I'm still really super duper fond of what Little Art Girl made, but I also know it changes the mood of the sprites entirely and so would hope for other people's sakes those weren't chosen.

Also, since someone asked for a link, here you go: Silver Update Spriting Topic. A lot of people remember that thread and usually that's what's being referred to when we talk about specific artists' takes.

Honestly, I'd expect it's a set we haven't seen yet, though! smile.gif Really curious!

Hoping for the best for the people who are nervous about this. *hugs*

Edited by pinkgothic

I'm very excited about the horse and nilia getting dimorphism! Very nervous about the new silvers, though. I was really happy with the gold update when it happened, but I love the silvers at the moment in a way I didn't love the old golds and I'm quite nervous about this one! Can't wait to see all the updates though. smile.gif

As much as I really like the silver sprites we have now, I'm also really looking forward to them getting an update. biggrin.gif

The gold sprite update was one of the best things to happen to this site, sprite change wise - though I do sympathise with the people who preferred the old sprites! Less drastically, I greatly preferred the old sunset dragons to the current ones, and that's just a shading change. ohmy.gif But I'm hopeful the silver change will be a great one; and if not, then I won't be too sad.

That being said, personally, I hope it's not Lady Lyzar's, unless it's her first-attempt male and a female we haven't seen yet - I wasn't personally so happy with the second set, though I could dig those as ascendeds! I'm still really super duper fond of what Little Art Girl made, but I also know it changes the mood of the sprites entirely and so would hope for other people's sakes those weren't chosen.

Also, since someone asked for a link, here you go: Silver Update Spriting Topic. A lot of people remember that thread and usually that's what's being referred to when we talk about specific artists' takes.

Honestly, I'd expect it's a set we haven't seen yet, though! smile.gif Really curious!

Thank you for the link. I do hope it's the new one.

Just saw the Silver Update and link and I'm speechless blink.gif

I hope it's the one done by LadyLyzar tbh biggrin.gif

Otherwise I can't say that I'll be too supportive of the Silver Update :/ While I love the other sprites there the current sprite is so pretty

Can't wait to see the Horse Sprite though! smile.gifsmile.gif

Edited by Clya

Well I assumed we weren't getting a September release so thats nothing I'm upset about, but to hear that we are getting updated sprites? THAT is cool. Now it means I have to grab some Horses! Can't wait to see what the updates will look like, and I can't wait for Halloween :3

However, several existing dragons are going to be receiving sprite updates over the coming weeks, including (but not limited to):

Horse Dragons (Receiving dimorphism with a new male adult sprite)

Silver Dragons (All sprites updated)

Nilia Pygmies (New dimorphic adults)

2007 Christmas Dragons (Small shading and anatomy tweaks)

All sprite updates will be retroactive to existing dragons. A new news topic will be made when the updates are made.

*takes time out from busy schedule to give a long, wailing "NOOOOOOO!"*

Male Silvers are my favorite rares! sad.gif This makes me very, very sad indeed. I wish there was an option for those of us who like the old sprites to keep them, sort of like the way Old Pinks became their own breed. I mean, I guess it's possible I'll like the new sprites, but I'm not sure. I loved the new male Golds, but am not a fan of the females, for example. I could say the same about some other sprite changes too. Sorry to complain, but when you hoard tons of dragons you love and then find out they're changing, it's just really rough. :/

*slinks off to enjoy my current Silver sprites while I still can*

I'm on this site five years and got used to the Silver sprites. But when I first joined I thought that both Golds and Silvers were ugly and old. Especially Silvers. I decided I wouldn't collect them and threw away Silvers caught in the AP, without checking the lineages (I'm still kicking myself over for it!).

Since then Golds got updated (yay!) and now we get new Silvers... I still think they need an update but I'm less enthusiastic about it since I'm so used to the old sprites, ha! So, I'm reserving my judgement until after I see them. But no matter who's sprites got chosen I know this change will be good for the newbies, who have no emotional attachment...

Thank you so much for the link!

Thanks for the link! I was worried, but then I saw the color palettes were basically the same, so my existing lineages/color combos won't be messed up! So, yay, enthusiasm!

Ooo thank you on the encyclo update everyone!

I can't wait to see the new sprites roll out c: I'm sure they'll be amazing. Good luck with updating the cave organisation and formatting, too!

And okay I'm cool with not having a September release smile.gif

Thank you @everyone who helped with this

I'm a little bit miffed about the "observe 97 more flamingos or raise 19" to get the last entry on the encyclopedia. But oh well.

Who has a flamingo army I can click through?

Kinda nervous about the Silvers, but I'm sure the new sprites will do my favorite dragons breed justice! Also happy about the encyclopedia. Thanks for this update! :3

Very nice! Thank you, TJ! biggrin.gif

Just checked my Encyclopedia on the new listings, and the result are:

• Anagallis Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Coastal Waverunner - Unlocked all!
  • Dark Green Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Falconiform Wyvern - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.
  • Flamingo Wyvern - Raise 8 more adults, or observe 40 more adults. blink.gif
  • Gold-horned Tangar - Unlocked all!
  • Gray Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Green Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 2 more hatchlings.
  • Heartseeker Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Holiday Dragon (2012) - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 1 more hatchling.
  • Ice Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Lumina Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.
  • Olive Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Pillow Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Pink Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Plated Colossus Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Pyralspite - Dragon Unlocked all!
  • Ridgewing Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Royal Crimson Dragon - Unlocked all! (With 334 eggs owned, 1437 Adults observed! biggrin.gif)
  • Turpentine Dragon - Unlocked all!
  • Two-Finned Bluna - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 4 more hatchlings.
  • Water Walker Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 2 more hatchlings.
  • Whiptail Dragon - Raise 1 more hatchling, or observe 3 more hatchlings.

Got my work cut out for me! xd.png (And what's with all those Flamingoes? rolleyes.gif)

As for sprite updates, I love the Hollies and the Silver males as they are so I hope the updates kee the character of the old sprites in mind. I say this as a fan of the Gold updates, because I thought the personality was carried beautifully into the new sprite. I am also a fan of dimorphism, so I looking forward to the Horse and Nilia updates. <3

So that's why there hasn't been a new dragon release. But I really could care less about that because I can't wait for the Halloween Event smile.gif

Awesome cant wait to see the new sprited I hope the horses will still look cool and is it the Holly dragon thats changing alittle as well?

Yay for updates! I love the new encyclopedia entries haha tongue.gif

Can't wait to see the new sprites!

Thanks TJ! smile.gif

I'm a little bit miffed about the "observe 97 more flamingos or raise 19" to get the last entry on the encyclopedia. But oh well.

Who has a flamingo army I can click through?

Best way to figure that out is to go check the Holly Contest because flamingos just happen to be the blockers that everyone's going mad collecting to earn a holly. xd.png

They have links to people's scrolls and locations of where people are putting the flamingos on their scrolls. Good luck hunting~