TJ09

2015-09-27 - Encyclopedia Update (and more)

The encyclopedia has been updated with a huge batch of new entries—21 new breeds have been added! Unlocks for the new breeds have not been reset, so if you've unlocked all of the images, you're probably a good chunk of the way to completion.

In other news, there will not be a dragon released this month; the next new dragon will be part of the Halloween event towards the end of next month (details to be announced later). However, several existing dragons are going to be receiving sprite updates over the coming weeks, including (but not limited to):

• Horse Dragons (Receiving dimorphism with a new male adult sprite)
  • Silver Dragons (All sprites updated)
  • Nilia Pygmies (New dimorphic adults)
  • 2007 Christmas Dragons (Small shading and anatomy tweaks)
All sprite updates will be retroactive to existing dragons. A new news topic will be made when the updates are made.

Finally, I'd like to show off a sneak preview of an upcoming redesign of the mobile site, featuring redone navigation and much better organization:

user posted image

Enjoy!

I love new updates. Thank you, TJ.

Also, that mobile design looks amazing. Really looking forward to using it!

Edited by lovecats99

For the record, the breeds that have had notes added to the encyclopedia:

• Anagallis Dragon
  • Coastal Waverunner
  • Dark Green Dragon
  • Falconiform Wyvern
  • Flamingo Wyvern
  • Gold-horned Tangar
  • Gray Dragon
  • Green Dragon
  • Heartseeker Dragon
  • Holiday Dragon (2012)
  • Ice Dragon
  • Lumina Dragon
  • Olive Dragon
  • Plated Colossus Dragon
  • Pyralspite Dragon
  • Ridgewing Dragon
  • Royal Crimson Dragon
  • Turpentine Dragon
  • Two-Finned Bluna
  • Water Walker Dragon
  • Whiptail Dragon

And the following received updates:

• Pillow Dragon
  • Pink Dragon

I clicked on this topic not even realizing what it was. o.o Lol - what a happy surprise!

Very excited about these changes, particularly the encyclopedia entries. Must figure out which ones they are! xP I'm also very curious about what the new silvers will look like. I know there were many people who submitted updates. =o

Nilias are among my favorite breeds. I have faith in Cort, so here's to hoping I love the dimorphism just as much as I love the current sprite!

I'm not surprised at all about no release this month. I think between the lunars and the encyclopedia, I'm set for now. =o

Thanks for all the heads up, Teej. o3o

Nice pretty updates also yay on the silvers

edited: wooooooo 1st page post ever

Edited by KuroYukia

Thanks for the encyclopedia news. The word of a update to silver dragons has left me with what feels like rocks in the pit of my stomach. I wasn't happy with the majority of the proposed sprites in the thread where it was discussed. I really hope my beloved silvers aren't wrecked. Please don't turn them into gaudy westernized things. sad.gif

Edited by Dracaena

Oh, boy, this is great! Thanks, TJ! biggrin.gif

Edit: First page? Awesome! smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Likes to dig holes. Lots and lots of holes.

If lost, look in the holes; hatchling may be hiding in one with plant sprawled out

Watch your step around the holes, next time you might lose your foot.

OK, I just laughed so hard on this. laugh.gif

I can't wait to see the sprite updates and such~ really looking forward to it all biggrin.gif

I'm really looking forward to see the updated sprites! I'm excited! biggrin.gif I can't also wait to use the mobile site, because I spend time at school without access to computer, so a mobile site is just awesome! Thank you, TJ!

"Very young hatchlings are susceptible to raptors, canids, and large snakes in addition to regulator predators of adults." - Found on the Water Walker page.

Wait, so does this means Raptors exist in Dragon Cave? Does that mean we could be hinted at a new type of Dino that hasn't been released, yet? (or hey, they could just be birds..) I'd love an army of raptors though..

Edited by lovecats99

Oh, what excitement. Time to play "guess which other sprites get an update".

^"Raptor" probably refers to birds of prey. ... ninja.gif by an edit!

Edited by dirtytabs

UPDATES *flails* Very much looking forward to reading all of the Encyclopedia stuffs. And omg new sprites!! Can't wait! :> Thank you so much TJ and everyone who made this update possible! ^^