PureDark006

Choice, a Pokemon Shifters RP

The man was quick to jump into explaining the situation. Didn't "this isn't what it looks like" typically meant something questionable? Gaes mulled over the thought, ready to believe his statement until the girl stuttered her "agreement". Well, that was a clear indication of a lie. Smirking inwardly, she tilted her head and tapped her chin slowly. "Are you sure? Cause, girly over there isn't so convincing," she stated. Shrugging, she waved her hand dismissively. "Oh well. I'm not a snitch. Don't matter what you were doin' in here before I showed up."

Gaes was shivering now, quickly returning her hands to rubbing at her arms in an attempt to stay warm. At least she kept herself from stuttering. Reaching over, she yanked a blanket off the closest bed and wrapped it about her shoulders, huddling within the thin fabric. Someone else popped into the room then and Gaes turned to see who it was. Oh. Mr. Try-Hard again.

Ignoring him, the woman moved to sit down on the bed she'd stolen the blanket from. "Unfortunately, I don't have any Pokémon with me. Left them all at home with my family," she lied, her words falling smoothly from her tongue. Maybe it wasn't a lie then? Perhaps it was just something so common for her to say? It certainly perplexed her but she didn't let that show. I've lost my memory but that doesn't mean I lost any reflexes. Right? Muscle memory was a thing, after all. Did that include the tongue?

Ah, not important. Shoving the thoughts away, she tapped her foot against the frame of the bed. "Hey, do any of you know how I can earn a few coins here? I need to replace the belongings I lost."

Lambert's fingers twitched, betraying his passing urge to cover his face with both hands. The situation was spiralling into a disaster, and Elizabeth was not helping their case at all. The privacy they sought only lasted ten minutes or so. Next time, he noted, they would be better off finding a secluded spot in the forest to try to figure out the game. The woman sat down, wrapping herself in a blanket as well, and not two seconds later the door clicked open again and a dark figure let himself in as if he owned the place. Didn't anyone have the common decency to wait before barging in? He held his tongue, however, and repeatedly reminded himself that this was a public establishment, where anyone could come and go. It just happened to be that there were not many people coming and going until now. He unclenched his fists.

"You," he addressed the man -- who, he realized, was the guy who ran in acting as if his pokemon was on the brink of death, "Sit down." Might as well get him to stay since he was here anyway, and he needed a witness.

Lambert himself took a seat beside Elizabeth, and began picking apart the sweet-eyed, ponytailed lady's words. She was acting just as suspicious as he was. Most people her age wouldn't simply 'forget' everything at home; even little preschool kids had pokemon with them at all times. He couldn't recall seeing many people without pokemon -- much less travellers without pokemon. The first thing they drill into you is that it's dangerous to travel alone. It was the advice that prompted him to get out of the woods as quickly as possible. He suspected she was a conwoman of some sort. A bad one too, if she didn't have the common knowledge that no one travels defenseless.

He leaned over to grab his jacket (and thus all his belongings) and put the garment on under the pretext that it was cold in the room. (In reality, he didn't feel the cold on his skin much at all.) While he was wary of her motives, Lambert couldn't deny her the few tips he had. "Other than begging, I would think that any of the shops in town might appreciate help, like how I'm a part-time volunteer at the Center. Sometimes they you give money and items as thanks."

Kage tilted his head a little, when the man told him to sit down. Anyways he nodded, and sat down on a cold bed... Probably because of ice.

He looked at the man, and then at the girl with blue clothes. "So, um... I'm Kage," he tried to start a nicer conversation than this awkward-silence-then-breaking-it-with-a-few-words, but then he kind of regretted what he said, and played with the pokeball in his hands.

((I'll just add Sarah's part when our umbreon roleplays x3))

The situation didn't escalate the way Z had feared it would, and Gaes left soon afterward, strolling into the room the nurse pointed her toward. Feeling the panic fade, they allowed themself a small sigh of relief, and noticed their glitches for the first time when it came out more as a jumble of static than a coherent sound. They willed their rendering system to behave, to some success - they were still twitching once every few seconds, but at least it didn't look like they were about to fall apart anymore.

Once the trainer with the Gastly had left as well, they turned their attention to Pooch. She'd been knocked out when they first ran into Rhapsody, so they supposed this was the first time she'd seen them. They murmured a quiet "hello" in her direction. That reminded them - what had happened back there in the forest? Rhapsody had mentioned something about a blue Pokemon, if memory served. Had they gotten into a battle? They glanced at the nurse and thought of Pooch's whispered order to explain later. Maybe now wasn't the best time.

They turned back to Rhapsody. "If I may aYzJzPQ== - " they winced at the glitch and tried again, speaking a little slower this time. "I-if I mYQ==y ask, ah, where are you - we - headed now? That is, w-were there any plans, after this?"

The Zoroark-look-alike guy went away, the same way Gaes went. Well, what either of them did wasn't Rhapsody's problem, so he saw no need in following them.

Pooch perked her ears when Z greeted her, looking at them as if she didn't know how to respond. Then Z spoke again, words fusing into some kind of static sound that made her fur bristle as she started to bark in surprise. "Stop it," Rhapsody commanded, making her sit down and cough a "Sorry."

Rhapsody huffed, then noticed the nurse was looking at them with a puzzled expression. "Yeah, they speak English. Weird-ass species, I know," he commented. He sure as hell couldn't speak anything a human would understand in his Pokemon form, so Z shouldn't have gotten it from the whole part-human-part-Pokemon thing. The human shook her head as if expressing she would rather not ask, and Rhapsody took that as his cue to leave the building.

Like before, the glass moved when he stepped close enough. He stopped for a second to stare at them before finally stepping outside. Humans and their weird things. He didn't even know what that colored piece of wall that Gaes and the male trainer had been staring at was. And let's just not get into the Torchic scratches that humans could find meaning in.

Now that they were outside, he could answer Z. There wasn't anyone near enough to listen as far as he could see, so it was a good chance. "First we should get you to pass off as human." Pooch stared at him when he whispered that. "So we should get outta here and somewhere you can screw up without being noticed." As much as he hated the forest, it was a good place for that. They could work on Z's walking and habits as they headed to the next human settlement. He felt more comfortable being on the move rather than staying in one place, so he saw no more need to remain in Kusba.

"They're..." Pooch started, before looking at Z. "You're like Rhapsody?" she asked, head tilting as her nose quivered slightly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Follow me," Umbreon said, bending down to bite on a corner of the plastic container to carry it. She stared sadly at the discarded ribbon and wrapping paper, before making a turn and running in the direction opposite to where the threatening three humans were.

The girl was nice. Umbreon couldn't speak while carrying her package, so she hoped the girl followed. She'd put some distance from the other three, then turn and lead them to Kusba.

The Helix members didn't notice the girl's or Umbreon's actions, both of them focusing on the man. "Wha-what are you even talking about!?" Leslar yelled, hands raised again in front of his face. Rufflet had made a U-turn, landing on a low branch and nervously shifting his weight between his legs, waiting for the next command.

Vaila stayed quiet for a moment, before deciding that going along with the man's questions for now would have the best chance of preventing any damage. She had to stall for time. "Helix has been involved with a vast quantity of projects. A question about something as general as 'the research' cannot be answered properly. Now, release my partner and stop threatening violence." She tried to keep her voice calm, keeping out the apprehension from it.

Buneary took a step back to be closer to her trainer, glaring daggers at the male.

Edited by Puredark006

Elizabeth looked up to see who was speaking and her eyes widened slightly at his appearance. Quickly dropping her gaze again, she mumbled out a reply. "I'm Elizabeth... but call me Liz..." She felt her face redden as she felt sure everyone was staring at her. "W-what about you guys?"

Rennaj let go of the male and turned, switching his glare to his female companion. "Then where is the research you are working on now? You must have some nearby or something." He called up the rules from within his memories. Only when their research is destroyed, eh? Even if they don't tell me I'll follow them and find out anyway. Although I've never been good at sneaking around, especially in this cumbersome human form... I'll have to manage.

Kage, Liz. Perhaps she should introduce herself as well. While the man answered her question, Gaes huddled within her blanket. Examining the man, her gaze drifted down and up his intimidating figure. He looked strong and certainly had to be capable. Perhaps she could stick around with him and get him to help her while she was here. Which made her start to question, how long would she be here for? She didn't have any plans set, no ideas on how to proceed.

She didn't even know where home was. "Where are you from?" she suddenly asked, not yet introducing herself. With the man's information, she thought she might find a store to help out in or something. Though, she didn't know if she had any work experience for something like that. Oh well, she could relearn such things.

Lambert was fine with silence, though this conversation was going rather awkwardly "Lambert," he introduced himself in turn. Kage was the strange one, nervous and also suspiciously shy, despite his appearance. Elizabeth he already knew, if only for less than an hour. Though, the lady still hadn't introduced herself. This was getting more suspicious by the minute, though it would have been easy to invent a name. Maybe he should have done that -- but then again, even he couldn't remember his full name. He would think of a surname later. Perhaps Rodriguez?

The lady suddenly spoke up, as if evading her introduction entirely, asking where they were all from. Lambert didn't know. He searched his mind for an answer, but his memories still eluded him. "An island in the ocean," he fabricated. "It's pretty small. You've probably never heard of it." Because I just made it up, he added to himself.

Drawing the attention away from himself, he redirected the question back at her. "What about you? You got family in this region?"

Edited by TehUltimateMage

Sarah ran behind the umbreon through grass and woods. Where are we even going...

She hopped over some small-ish rocks with agile steps, and after making sure she wouldn't fall on her face, she looked towards the umbreon. "You do know where we are going, right?" she asked, and laughes a little bit. I hope she nods or something...

---

Kage looked down at the pokeball, but as he heard the question, he raised his eyebrow, and his head. "Well... my home's... complicated, if you're talking to me. You would think I was crazy if I told you." he told, and chuckled. He didn't really want to be a liar, but what if the truth made them send him to prison or something? He was surprised at how soft the bed he was sitting on was. He looked at the woman, who asked questions. "But what's your name?" he asked, and gave a sneaky smile.

Edited by MidnightStar89

Z cringed at Pooch's sudden barking, then again when Rhapsody spoke to the nurse, reminding them that she was still there - and now staring at them with an odd expression. They'd forgotten that most Pokemon couldn't speak human languages, and judging by those reactions it wasn't something to show off lightly. Did that qualify as screwing up? Rhapsody didn't say anything either way, instead electing to stare at the Pokemon center door for a few seconds before heading outside without another word. Asking didn't seem like a good idea, so instead they elected to cautiously take no sign as a good sign and followed him outside.

Fortunately, the next thing he said made his intentions quite clear. They nodded, relieved, and made sure to switch languages before responding to Pooch. "Like - well, I suppose so, in the sense that... the transforming into a human thing. And the rules. It's only been maybe an hour and a half, though. S-since I woke up, I mean." They hoped Rhapsody had told Pooch enough that that would make sense. "Are we - " they began, turning to face Rhapsody, trailing off when they realized he wasn't supposed to be able to understand them right now. After a short pause, they turned toward Pooch again and continued, so any onlookers would only see two Pokemon having a conversation. "Are we headed back into the forest, then? I - ah - I'm not sure how transforming back is supposed to work."

"Yeah," Rhapsody said to answer Z's last question, starting to walk and expecting the other two to follow. Pooch did, trotting so she could match her trainer's pace. "With so many trees everywhere, you can spasm as much as you want until ya get it under control."

"I keep telling you, pretend you can't understand us," Pooch mumbled, loud enough for Rhapsody to huff in response.

She sighed, slowly shaking her head. "I'd complain more, but I have to admit you proved you could handle yourself around humans. Guess I really was worried too much." Taking into account she had been half-expecting Rhapsody to have gotten in a fight after she fainted, finding out he had not only kept himself out of trouble but even managed to find another half-Pokemon like him was a nice surprise to wake up from. She didn't knew how much time she had been out, but she guessed it hadn't been long since the sun's position in the sky didn't seem to have significantly changed.

The Dark-type slowed down her pace to walk at the side of their newest traveling companion, nose quivering. "I'm a Houndour. Rhapsody calls me Pooch." She might have stopped minding the silly name after the second day, but she still wasn't going to use it herself for a while. "What are you called? And could you float lower for a while?" Being out of reach was slightly rude, but she knew she couldn't expect everyone to know dog etiquette.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Umbreon had nodded at the girl's question, without slowing her run. She wanted to be as far away from those other humans as possible before they decided to go after her again. She didn't even know what she had done, so she couldn't discard that possibility.

Even with the detour she had to make by prioritizing getting away before going in the right direction, it didn't take long for the first buildings to come into view. Umbreon had been playing in these woods since she was a baby and her mother took her for walks; she'd never get lost, not at such a short distance from the town, and she proved it when the big building with the black roof finally was in front of them.

The local Pokemon Gym.

Umbreon finally slowed down then, trotting around the Gym. There were trees planted on every side except the front, supposedly as decoration, but Umbreon knew their real purpose was to make it less likely for strangers to find the lone door located on the back.

She stopped in front of that door. It was locked, but the window next to it was still as open as she had left it. She didn't go inside yet, though, carefully depositing her package down to be able to talk again.

"Thank you for defending me," she happily said, ears perked and tail wagging. Now that there wasn't danger around, she could finally relax, and she did so by making big shining puppy eyes at the girl and getting excited. "You look exactly like a human! I couldn't tell the difference! What Pokemon are you? Do you have a name? That's a real Pokeball! Are you able to transform too?" The last question was asked at the bat Pokemon, as Umbreon practically bounced in place.

Upon being released, Leslar waited no time to scramble behind Buneary and, by extension, behind Vaila (in his opinion, it was no blow to one's pride to take cover behind something that, despite looking like a cute fluffy bunny, had once taken down a Bisharp in a single move). That didn't stop his nervousness, evident in his voice as he exclaimed. "W-what do you even want? It's not like we're hiding anything! Just Google it and leave us alone!"

Vaila raised her left hand in front of Leslar, a silent cue for him to let her handle the situation. Her right one was still inside her pocket. "My partner is right. There's no information we can give you that you cannot find using a computer." And revealing information that wasn't already public would cost them their jobs, like in any other respectable organization like Silph Co. But that part was too obvious to mention, and Vaila didn't want to further antagonize the stranger.

((Fun fact: A Buneary can, in fact, OHKO a similarly-leveled Bisharp by getting a critical hit))

((Just google it xd.png Now Rennaj must be like: Dafuq's google?))

Sarah looked at the umbreon, and smiled. She had helped someone today, as a shifter. She then looked at the building they were behind of, and tilted her head. This looks like... a gym maybe?

She then turned her eyes to the dark-type, as it turned to her, and looked like it was about to talk. Sarah almost gasped at the amount of questions, and the last question towards Teccy kind of surprised her.

"Well, I look exactly like a human, because I am a human... Usually. It's just this weird game I got dragged into for wanting something, and for some reason I can turn into an absol. To the name question, yes I have a name, I'm Sarah-" suddenly she was interrupted by the energetic/happy bat, who landed in front of the Umbreon. "And i'm Teccy! I can't transform, I think, but can you? And what's your name?" Teccy's big, yellow eyes investigated the umbreon from head to toes, and he hopped around her.

Sarah coughed a little as a sign, and Teccy clumsily ran to Sarah's feet.

"Er, Z," Z replied, checking their nickname field again to make sure that was correct. "I'm a Porygon-Z, if that helps." They stared at the ground beside Pooch, wondering why she would possibly want them to float closer. They shot a nervous glance at Rhapsody, then pushed down their apprehension and did so, dropping down so their tail was almost touching the ground.

They took a moment to collect their thoughts. Despite how unexpectedly tense the visit to Kusba had been, they hadn't learned much new information - certainly still not enough to draw conclusions about any of the big questions they had. They didn't even know anything about Rhapsody, and they were supposed to be travelling with him. Hell, the only evidence they had that the man was a shifter was his ability to understand the Pokemon language and his own word. Was it too late to ask his species? They sighed quietly. They supposed they'd find out eventually, if they managed to stick around long enough.

Still, that wasn't all they needed to know, and there was some time to kill before they reached the forest. "I-if I can, uh, ask something... what happened before, er, I showed up?" They directed the question at Pooch, staring absently at the white bands on her legs. "Rhapsody mentioned something about a blue Pokemon, I think?"

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

((Google: not the name of a new Pokemon))

Rhapsody raised an eyebrow when Z introduced themselves using the nickname he gave them, but didn't comment further. Heck, if his name had numbers on it, he'd be shortening it too. He'd also probably forget the numbers in less than a day since even hypothetical him didn't have time for useless memorization, but that was besides the point.

"I'm not sure," Pooch admitted, padding towards Z's back, paws making a soft pat-pat-pat noise on the dirt road. "I thought I smelt someone, but before I could pinpoint who it was, I was attacked," she explained, bending and sniffing the place where the other Pokemon's tail connected with their body.

Rhapsody chuckled at the buttsniff, but then his expression turned serious. "It was a blue and black bipedal fox with a spike on the chest. Only reason I didn't tear it a new hole was 'cause I confused the kid with its trainer. You're lucky you transformed before I hit ya in your weak human body... Pooch, stop glaring, jeez, there's no one around," he complained when the Houndour started pointedly staring at him.

She made a frustrated noise and trotted ahead. "No more talking until we reach a private place," she commanded, to which Rhapsody shrugged. He wasn't going to raise objections to getting outta there.

"You're a human and you can evolve to a Pokemon? I didn't know humans could do that!" Umbreon exclaimed, amazed. Her tail was wagging a mile a minute.

She grinned at Teccy, chest puffing out proudly. "You two told me so I'll tell you," she said, eyes shining light-blue. A magenta wave of energy materialized in front of Umbreon's face, moving down the body, making it change as it traveled and eventually disappeared behind the tail.

Now, in front of the pair was standing a small, black fox Pokemon, a black puff of hair tipped with red on the top of the head. The glow disappeared from the light-blue eyes, the grin never leaving his face as he introduced himself.

"I'm Zorua! Nice to meet you!"

Edited by Puredark006

Liz answered on instinct, mumbling "I can't remember where I come from..." quietly, noticing it a second after and clapping her hand over her mouth. "I mean... uh... there isn't really any other way I could mean that, is there?" She sighed softly, a worn-out look on her face.

Rennaj decided the man cowering behind the buneary was too beneath him to interact with so he turned to the woman, focusing his conversation on her. "What is a Google? Can you give me one?" He paused, looking around somewhat confused. There is something missing from this pic- gah! "The woman and the umbreon! They left me... how rude." He turned and walked away from the Helix grunts, following the trail they had made and completely ignoring the fact that he had been in a conversation and did not yet know how to obtain a Google.

"What's the island called? I'm from the North," Gaes replied smoothly in response to Lambert's returned question. She was curios about his island; maybe the name would jog a bit of her memory. Shaking her head, she rolled her eyes and frowned. "Yeah. A cousin. I only came because my mother was pestering me. She's the reason why I don't have my Pokémon with me right now, actually. Had to humor her to get her to stop annoying me," she grumbled, leaning forward to rest her elbow on her knee and chin in her hand. "Except, I got lost on the way and followed the roads here to Kusba." Waving dismissively, she sighed. "Oh well. I'll memorize the map out in the lobby tomorrow and make my way to where I need to go," Gaes commented.

Glancing at Kage as he spoke up, she didn't look amused. "I asked where you're from, not what you're home life is like," she stated flatly. Geez, the last thing she wanted was to hear Mr. Try-Hard break out a poor-pity-me story. Then he reminded her that she hadn't given her name. What was with that smile of his? It looked dumb on his face. She scoffed, following up with a bright and pleasant smile. "My name's Gaes, since you seem to want to know so badly," she remarked. Ugh, he was irritating to her. She hadn't been the one to ask for names, so why was she obligated to give hers out?

Ah, it wasn't worth the energy. Gloom-and-Doom better appreciate her for humoring him.

Liz mumbled something about not remembering where she was from and Gaes paused, staring at the young girl. She didn't remember? Could she possibly be in the same situation as herself? Shaking her head once more, she pushed the idea out of her mind; it was unlikely they had a similar case of kidnap and memory loss. "I'm sorry you don't remember. Maybe you'll stumble upon something that'll help you in the future," Gaes said softly, giving the girl a reassuring smile.

Edited by Narvix

Z squeaked at the unexpected contact and rolled away, nearly smacking into Rhapsody's leg before managing to right themself and carefully floating back out of Pooch's reach. What was that for? They blinked indignantly at Rhapsody, who apparently thought this whole situation was funny. Well, there wasn't much they could do about it. They hoped Pooch wouldn't need to do that again.

Once they'd recovered from that, they nodded at Rhapsody's answer. The description seemed vaguely familiar, although they couldn't quite remember what Pokemon it was. Perhaps it was just a random wild Pokemon; either way, it didn't seem too relevant to their current situation.

They trailed silently behind Rhapsody until the three of them had made it a good ways into the forest. They twisted their head around to glance backward; some of the town's buildings were still visible, if one squinted and looked for them, but Kusba was for the most part hidden by a wall of trees. "Is this far enough?" They asked, turning back around. Either way, they'd have to try transforming back soon. How had it happened the first time? Rhapsody had startled them, but -

A familiar white light surrounded them and they didn't have enough time to even cry out in alarm before they were human again, and still hovering a few feet above the ground. They landed messily on their feet and pitched forward, slamming their face into the forest floor yet again. Their fingers curled around a handful of leaves and dirt as they tried unsuccessfully to ignore the pain. "Ow."

Pooch made a low sound at Z's question, raising her head and sniffing the air around. "I think so. I can't smell anyone near, so we should be safe for now too."

As soon as she said these words, Z started glowing white, form changing to a pink-haired human much shorter than Rhapsody with clothes the color of their Pokemon form. Who wasted no time in falling on their face.

Rhapsody started laughing, earning yet another glare from her. "What? It's funny when it doesn't happen to me," he had the gall to say, not stopping.

She rolled her eyes and trotted to the fallen human, bowing her head to get a good look at their face. "Are you alright?"

"Take it from me, you're gonna be falling for at least a day," Rhapsody said with a grin, sitting down with his back against a tree. This was going to take a long time, but watching was funny, so he didn't mind. "Oi Pooch, don't help them. They need to learn on their own. Put that nose of yours to good use instead and make sure no one comes near without us noticing."

The Houndour huffed, circling Z once to make sure they weren't too hurt. She then threw a last look in her trainer's direction. "Don't mess with them so much. You still need me to cooperate willingly to not make a fool out of yourself," she deadpanned, walking away with her tail held high to scout the area.

Rhapsody rolled his eyes, making a sound that between a grunt and a growl. Maybe he'd mess with the kid more than he intended just to contradict her. "Anyway. Kid, lesson one: try standing up and taking five steps without falling. Take your time, we have all day," he said, getting as comfortable as he could. Maybe he'd nap a bit if the kid took too long.

The man left, making Leslar release his breath in relief. "Would you stop squeezing my shoulders now?" Vaila said, making him hastily release the hold he hadn't noticed.

Rufflet flew towards them, landing on his trainer's shoulder and making small clicking noises with his beak. Leslar petted him absentmindedly while watching as Vaila took out her cellphone from her pocket. He opened his mouth to ask, but she made him a sign to stay quiet before starting to talk to the phone.

"Hello? I'm the caller. Could you hear everything?... No, we're all fine. Nothing happened...... I thought so, hence the call... No, it won't be necessary anymore... Yes, I'm sure..... Indeed. Thank you very much, and sorry for any inconvenience." She hung up then, placing the phone in her pocket again.

Leslar frowned, stopping the petting and earning a complaining noise from Rufflet. "Who was that?"

"Emergency Services. I dialed the number when the man held you by the shirt."

"...Oh. Wait, aren't we supposed to not draw attention to ourselves?"

"We weren't doing anything illegal. The risk was worth it to avoid a physical confrontation."

He hmm'd in response, shuffling awkwardly. Vaila sounded tired, but in the few days he had known her he had learned not to mention it. Quickly thinking about another subject, he blurted out, "And the message from before? When you let me talk?"

"It was the information we had requested on Kusba," she answered, starting to walk. Buneary had acted like she didn't want to go inside her Pokeball earlier, so Vaila allowed her to walk at her side instead of attempting to return her. Leslar noticed her walking was stiffer than normal, but again didn't bring it up. "The Gym Leader of this town is Hygre, hence why I told you we'd be leaving."

He paused. That name sounded familiar. His eyes then lit up when he remembered, and he hit his palm with a fist, Rufflet jumping a little from the sudden movement. "Ah! One of the two Gym Leaders we were told to avoid! Because of those weird Pokemon they have?" Vaila nodded, and he cheered up at getting it right. "So, what's the plan now?"

"Call Base and inform what happened. We'll do it while finding the road."

Edited by Puredark006

Sarah looked around while waiting for an answer from the pokemon. She suddenly heard her say something, and as she turned her head, a magenta light swifted the umbreon into a black-red fox. As she heard the pokemon introduce herself as a Zorua, Sarah's eyes widened a little. "You're a Zorua? Never seen one..." she leaned a little bit downwards to take a better look at the pokemon.

Sarah then got back up, and smiled a little. "Well, not really. It's kind of what you can do, like transforming, but I apparently can't be a pokemon for long..." she answered to the fox's earlier sentence.

Teccy's eyes were wide open, glancing at the Zorua. "Do you have a name? And what are we doing here?" he asked with a high-pitched, ears twitching a little while listening to his surroundings.

------

Kage looked at the woman, who introduced herself as Gaes, but with an annoyed voice. He rolled his eyes, and gave a quiet sigh. Geez... What'd I do to her? She seems a bit off anyways, why would I care 'bout that anyways?

He then looked at Liz, who said she didn't remember her home, and he saw her worn-out-looking face. "Uh... ya okay there girl?" he then asked, putting the pokeball of his Gastly's back into his pocket. If that girl starts crying, i'm going to have to help her, don't I....

He then realized one thing. A frozen room, an awkward girl with a memory loss... Could she have this problem too? It seems coincidental, but it's possible, right? But what would he do if the girl actually was one? Just ask her what she knows? Everyone would think he went mad, though maybe he was, this situation felt too weird to be true.

Edited by MidnightStar89

Rennaj reached a break in the trees, his running haven taken him to the town the strange people from before had mentioned. What was its name again? Ah, right! Cupsa! Now to find the bakery they we're headed to an- wait a minute, I can just let that other girl take care of it. No steel off my spikes. I need to find somewhere to rest so I can shift out of this pathetic human body. Seeing the red roof of the Pokémon center, he headed there and walked in. Wait, crap! I'm not in a Poké ball! Do they even take humans? I need information... He strode up to the counter and glared at the Nurse behind it. "Tell me everything there is to know about this Pokémon center!"

Liz looked up, seeing the strangely dressed man staring at her. "Yes! I'm totally normal, completely hu- fine! Completely fine!" She paused, hearing a voice outside. "Tell me everything there is to know about this Pokémon center!"She got up, glad for any excuse to get out of this situation. "We should go check that out."

Edited by Dorchadas

Both answers were rather unsatisfactory. Kage and Gaes both gave evasive answers, and Elizabeth managed to dig them deeper in the ice pit (though Kage did have a flash of revelation on his face for a split second before he tamed his expression. It probably wasn't important).

"The island is called…" Lambert began, then cut off by another commotion in the main lobby of the pokemon center. The place had been uncharacteristically busy today, at least compared to the last two days. Welcome to take Elizabeth's suggestion, the man stood up and exited the room with a brisk walk, saying a quick "Excuse me," to Gaes and Kage before he shut the door behind him.

Outside was a rather angry looking man who looked like he was a street fighter ready to pick a fight. The nurse looked nervous, fearing that he might threaten violence at any moment.

"Yes, hello? May I help you with anything?" Lambert asked, cracking his knuckles in case. "It's not often someone asks for the history of establishments such as these."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

"Nope! My trainer and the other humans call me Zorua." He then frowned a bit, deep in thought, and added, "I guess mom has a special growl for me, but humans can't pronounce it. But it's really fun when I'm with other Zoruas and we pretend not to know who of us people are talking to!" he said, perking up again with a giggle.

"Ah! Right! Wait here. Don't move," he said, bending and grabbing the container again with his mouth. He turned towards the wall and bent down, jumping as high as he could. He was still smaller than other Zoruas because of his age, but he was a big boy now who had finally been able to make the jump last week, and he proved it when his paws reached the windowsill, back paws flailing for a few seconds before he pulled himself up. Another jump, and he was inside the building.

For a few minutes, all that was heard from outside was the scuffling of paws, the sound of a heavy cloth being dragged, the creaking of a door, and the sounds of a plastic bag. Then, Zorua reemerged, a bit out of breath as he jumped back outside. He didn't have the pastry with him anymore, instead carrying a small white plastic bag with the logo of the mall printed on one side, which he proceeded to drop by Sarah's feet.

"This is as thanks for helping me," he said, eyes sparkling again. "They're berries, and really tasty! I also grabbed one that doesn't grow in the forest, Loom Berry!" he proudly announced.

[[sarah gained: Oran berry, Chery berry, Lum berry. Items added to inventory.]]

Notice

An inventory section has been added to character sheets, to keep better track of items. This will include any kind of item that is used in the games, and anything that helps carry more items. Miscellaneous items like pencils, clothes, food or money are not included. Balls that have a Pokemon inside aren't included either. If I missed anything, please tell me or Pi by PM or through the chat.

Edited by Puredark006

Sarah tilted her head, as the zorua went inside the building. So, his name is just Zorua... I guess not everyone names their companions, like I do.

Soon she saw the pokemon come back, and she dropped a small plastic bag in front of her. "Oh, thanks?" Sarah responded as she grabbed the bag. She opened it, and as she saw the three berries she smiled. She grabbed her backpack, and put the berries inside it. "I have to ask, who is your trainer? Is she or he in there, and you escaped, or...?" she asked, and closed the backpack. She took Teccy on her shoulder, and petted him. Teccy made this strange purr-like noise when being petted.

---

Kage looked at the man, who was starting to tell the name of this island. Too bad that he was interrupted by some random demanding voice coming from the lobby of this centre. As the man left, excusing himself, Kage turned his head towards the dark-haired girl Gaes. "What's your problem with me? I really don't like grumps like you, who get mad at me for no reason," he told her with an annoyed/frustrated voice, and a frown on his face. He then looked at the girl who got up. "And yeah, I guess we could," he said pretty quietly, almost ignoring the recommendation.

---((Woo New character... yeah. I wanted to try something new.))---

Fia opened her forest-like green eyes, and her vision was blurry at first. She saw bright light, and soon she noticed she was in a forest, looking through the branches. She sat up, and held the side of her head a little. What a headache...

She soon noticed her clothes felt different. "What am I wearing?" she asked, surprised, as she noticed the gloves, and other clothes she had on her. "Though these feel comfortable... How long have I been unconcious? Where am I?" she continued talking to herself, and she saw a pokemon flee from nearby.

She got up, and felt a little dizzy for a second. After the dizziness she felt warmness. She was not hot or sweaty, but she felt really warm inside. That was new. She looked at her hands, and shrugged. No signs of some weird sickness. She then had memories pop up. Oh yeah, the game or something. I guess there was something about powers that aid me, but what powers? Cold resistance? Heat resistance? Am I a firegirl, hah...

As soon as she basically thought of fire and heat, she started glowing. She let out a little squeak-like noise, as she got surprised about the light. She felt her clothes disappear, being replaced by fur growing out of her neck, wrists... It felt weird, luckily didn't last long.

After what felt like forever, but in reality probably lasted for seconds, she was lying on the ground on her stomach. She lost her balance right away, and she looked around. Wha- okay I feel really weird...

She tried to get up, using her hind legs was harder now. She turned her head to look at them, and noticed what she suspected; they had turned into paws. Her whole body had changed. She was orange pelted with orange stripes, she had a tail that was covered in thick beige fur, and her head was covered by that beige fur too. I wonder if I can still speak...

She opened her mouth, and let out a bark, or a grunt, it was something between them. She lowered her ears as a reaction. So I can't. Sarah tried to move her ears, and was surprised she could. She swinged her tail a little too. [/i]I'm getting the hang of this...[/i]

She decided to go look for someone for help. She took some slow steps, and tripped, smacking her face against the ground. She let out a whimper out of the pain, but got up. The bigger you are, the harder you smack the ground, right? She managed to learn how to walk pretty quickly. She tripped a few times, but fell only one more time.

Soon she smelled humans and a pokemon. She didn't even see them yet, but as she walked through some bushes, she saw them about five meters away. She got clumsily out of thhe bushes by leaping, and falling on her face onto the grass. She whimpered, but raised her head towards the taller human. "I'm having a trouble..." she tried to say, but of course barking was all that came out. She lowered her ears, and mumbled/grunted something about not being able to talk english now. So she decided to talk to the other dog pokemon. "You can understand me, I suppose. I have this lovely problem. I can't keep my balance like at all. Also, could you tell me, what am I?" she asked, and tried to do cute puppy eyes, just in case.

((EDIT: I basically changed to whole turn of Fia, so yeah.))

Edited by MidnightStar89

Liz and Lambert had already gone when Kage asked his question, making Gaes almost scoff. "I'm not mad," she said cheerfully, smiling widely and batting her eyes. "Your dumb smirk just made me want to laugh at you," she jeered. Shrugging, she pursed her lips in thought. Should she follow the other two out or just remain in the room? Well, it was too cold in here so that kind of made up her mind for her.

Not waiting for Edgy Boy, she deposited the blanket on the bed and got up. Leaving the room, she caught the tail end of Lambert's comment. Angling slightly to see past the large man, she examined the source of the angry voice. "You know," she started slowly. "There are calmer ways to address someone. The entire town can hear you, I bet," she commented, sounding nonchalant.

"I think so," Z mumbled quietly in response to Pooch, lifting their face out of the dirt. Ah, apparently they wouldn't have to learn how to speak in this form - although figuring out how to adjust volume would be a challenge for another time. Okay, they'd managed to get up after falling over before. This shouldn't be too hard... right?

Letting go of the clump of leaves, they pulled their arms back and propped their upper body up with their elbows. Then they tried to shift their legs forward, but before they could pull themself into a kneeling position, one of their elbows buckled and they rolled over onto their back with a squeak of surprise. Well, that hadn't worked - but this was still salvageable, right? This was how they'd woken up. No big deal, they'll try again. They pulled their legs in toward their body and, after a few tries, managed to push themself off the ground and into a rough sitting position. They sighed; that was step one done, at least. Did humans have to do this every single time they wanted to get up? They supposed it must get easier with practice, although they still couldn't imagine doing it on a regular basis. Well, if Rhapsody had been telling the truth about not being able to stay in Pokemon form for long, they had little choice but to try.

Before they could continue, Pooch launched into a fit of barking off to the side, followed by a loud crash from the bushes in front of her, and they jumped in surprise. They frantically flung their arms out as they tipped backward, barely managing to catch themself on their elbows before hitting the ground. They winced in pain (there had to be a better way to prevent oneself from falling) before turning to look at the source of the noise.

The newcomer was an Arcanine, looking at Pooch oddly and growling a question at her. She... didn't know what she was? They hadn't thought that was possible, even for Pokemon who didn't have their species name directly programmed in. They opened their mouth to answer before remembering that they were supposed to be human right now. They turned, directing their comment at Rhapsody. "A-an Arcanine?"

Edited by Fractional Pi Day