Tomato_Juice

◀~ The Stingray Lineage Project ~▶

The Stingray Lineage Project

What is this?

After browsing the Breeding forum for lineage projects, I realised that many of them were based on specific dragon breeds, or naming schemes. However, I have yet to see one that is based on the shape of the lineage. And that is exactly what we are going to do! smile.gif

The lineage will look like this. As you can see, the dragons in the lineage make up the stingray. It consists of a 4-generation spiral lineage and a 4-generation even gen. What It'll Look Like

(Fun fact: At first I was planning to make it an octopus lineage, with 8 spirals and a very large even gen lineage. But I scrapped it because it'd be ridiculously hard to make.)

Forms

Joining the Stingray Lineage Project

'Okay, cool! I would like to join.' Great! Then fill in this form:

[color=darkcyan][size=7][b]I would like to join![/b][/color][/size]

Forum Name:
Scroll Name:

Submitting a Completed Stingray

'Finally! I've got a completed stingray!' Use the code below!

[size=7][color=mediumaquamarine][b]I have a completed stingray![/b][/color][/size]

Forum Name:
Scroll Name:
Link to Stingray (Should be the lineage of the leftmost dragon):

Submitting a Banner

'Here's a banner to advertise this lineage project!' Woah, thanks! Use this code.

[size=7][color=cornflowerblue][b]I made you a banner![/b][/color][/size]

Forum Name:
Banner:
Code:

Terminology

A stingray is a completed lineage. The name of the stingray is the name of the leftmost dragon of the lineage.

A stingray owner is pretty self explanatory. It's the person who owns the leftmost dragon in a stingray lineage.

An aquarium is a collection of stingrays that one stingray owner has. For example, if I have 5 stingrays, then I have 5 stingrays in my aquarium.

The sea is the collection of all the stingrays in this project!

Rules

1. You are to follow the lineage shown here.

2. You can choose whatever dragons to use. You can make it a Purebred, or one that alternates between two breeds, or anything really! Make it your own stingray!

3. The parents of the leftmost dragon, as well as the dragon itself, need to have the word 'Stingray' in their names, but it's good if all the dragons in the lineage could follow the naming scheme.

4. You are not allowed to experiment on, kill, abandon or freeze your stingray. However, you may gift or trade them away. (More stingrays for everyone!)

5. You may not submit another stingray that you bred from the same ancestors as another stingray. In other words, all the stingrays must be completely unrelated to each other. So you can't take the same two parents and breed them ten times and say that you have ten stingrays.

5. As proof that you read the rules, state your favourite colour somewhere in your joining form! Anywhere. You can even write in between the words. This is so that if someone chooses to read other people's joining forms to know that they have to state their favourite colour, they'll get confused as to where to put it and they'll read the rules to find out!

6. All DC Forum rules apply.

7. Have fun! smile.gif

The Sea

Purplenewt's Aquarium

Newt's Finished Stingray - Click!

Purplehaze's Aquarium

Ojoghatran Stingray p8 - Click!

Azurewingsofwind's Aquarium

Seer Brightwater of Stingray - Click!

Members

New Members

Tomato_Juice (joined 20 Sep)

purplehaze (joined 20 Sep)

Tigerkralle (joined 21 Sep)

heavenuniasus (joined 22 Sep)

PhantomoftheWolves (joined 25 Sep)

azurewingsofwind (joined 25 Sep)

Desanui (joined 25 Sep)

oyamibun (joined 5 Oct)

HeDy (joined 23 Nov)

Deltice12 (joined 26 Nov)

AphoticRat (joined 21 Dec)

MariotheAwesome (joined 21 Dec)

cirruspuss (joined 6 Jan)

AphoticRat (joined 21 Feb)

summersandy (joined 3 May)

AppleMango (joined 3 May)

Stingray Owners

Purplenewt

purplehaze

azurewingsofwind

Banners

Feel free to create some! I'll credit you.

user posted image

[url=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=170898][img=https://i.imgur.com/23hlDya.png][/url]

By: Tomato_Juice (me)

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=170898][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/CUdMxJJ.jpg][/URL]

By: oyamibun (thanks!)

Here's a smiling stingray for you to enjoy.

user posted image

Now go breed some lovely stingrays!

Edited by Tomato_Juice

Cool idea! smile.gif

One question though, is this rule negotiable?

3. All the dragons in the lineage must have the word 'Stingray' in them.

Since the stingray's father is a "regular" even gen dragon, breeders could save time if they use an existing dragon for that part. Would they have to rename the ancestors to do that?

Cool idea! smile.gif

One question though, is this rule negotiable?

Since the stingray's father is a "regular" even gen dragon, breeders could save time if they use an existing dragon for that part. Would they have to rename the ancestors to do that?

Hmm. That actually didn't really occur to me that people would take ready-bred dragons and use them for the lineage. In that case, I'll amend the rule to 'Only the parents of the dragons have to have the word 'Stingray' in them, but it is recommended for the whole lineage to have 'Stingray' in their names.

I'd rather the person breed the lineage from scratch, but using ready-bred dragons is fine, just not encouraged.

This seems like an interesting idea! It might take me a while to get started, though, as I have several other projects in the works atm.

I would like to join!

Forum Name: purplenewt

Scroll Name: purplenewt

green

Sounds interesting. I've been wanting to start something different.

I would like to join!

Forum Name: purplehaze

Scroll Name: purplehaze

Purple wink.gif

I've been kind of wanting to do something with Gemshards, but the color uncertainty has held me back a bit. This might be fun to do with PB Gemshards, just to see how they fall.

Edited by purplehaze

Okay that is really new and cool!

I would like to join!

Green Forum Name: Tigerkralle

Scroll Name: Tigerkralle

You shouldn't say somewhere. tongue.gif

Indigo

I would like to join!

Forum Name: Desanui

Scroll Name: DesertAnubis

Dude, this project is awesome! Count me in! ^-^

Edited by Desanui

Desanui, I'm glad you want to join. But you didn't read the rules. tongue.gif If you edit your post accordingly I'll add you in.

Okay i have three ideas for my Stingrays:

Purebred Frostbites

Purebred Falconiform Wyverns

Purebred Lunar Heralds and now i need to grab my crayons and thinking about the colours for the Stingray.

I would like to join!

Forum Name: PhantomoftheWolves

Scroll Name: PhantomoftheWolves

PINK

the lineage pattern looks really original! hopefully more users will make it popular!

I was thinking of either making a stingray using dragons from "The Fifth Element Lineage" or using dragons from one of my own projects....

rolleyes.gif

Edited by PhantomoftheWolves

PhantomoftheWolves, you have been added! smile.gif

I was reading all of your Stingray plans. And I must say, I like them very much!

I love the full of Gemshards idea! And I like the aquatic dragons one too. At first I was thinking of making that a rule, but that would have been too restricting.

Different colours of Lunar Heralds sounds good. But if you're going to do it based on colour it's going to take a long time, because they depend on the moon cycles.

I like the idea about the Fifth Element Lineage. That's really cool.

Joining bcuz it seems very cool! :3 Progress gonna be slow for me though, as I'm gonna be busy. But I'll try my best!

I would like to join!

Forum Name: azurewingsofwind

Blue Scroll Name: azurewingsofwind

I'm hoarding Lunar Heralds so I'm kind of planning to start the project with them, but like you said it's going to take a long time to wait for the variations. But we'll see.

I'm going for a blue and black theme. I've figured out the pattern. Tsunamis, Royal Blues and Blacks.

I'm going for a blue and black theme. I've figured out the pattern. Tsunamis, Royal Blues and Blacks.

That sounds very pretty!

I bred my first Gemshard egg for my Stingray yesterday. I already had one 2nd gen PB on my scroll that I was thinking about using, but the parents aren't on my scroll and I decided I wanted all my Gems for this line to have Stingray in their name, so I won't use it after all. I have plenty of CBs of my own and I will just rename them as I breed them for the lineage.

I'm doing Royal Blues x Nebulas... unfortunately I almost never find CB Nebulas, so not all of the dragons will be named Stingrays.

I'm doing Royal Blues x Nebulas... unfortunately I almost never find CB Nebulas, so not all of the dragons will be named Stingrays.

I love Royal Blues and Nebulas, they'll make really good combinations. Are you sticking to one kind of Nebula or different variants?

And it's okay to not have the whole lineage follow the naming scheme, just the parents will do.

I'm new to Dragon Cave, but I'd like to join! Hopefully I can contribute.

CODE

I would like to join!

Forum Name: oyamibun

Scroll Name: oyamibun

gold

Edited by oyamibun

I made you a banner!

Forum Name: oyamibun

Banner: below

Code: below

user posted image

[URL=https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?act=ST&f=29&t=170898][IMG=https://i.imgur.com/CUdMxJJ.jpg][/URL]

Edited by oyamibun