Rathurue

Scroll Breed Limit of New Rare eggs

Title says the summary. Please add scroll breed limits to discourage people with higher internet speed, and highly likely script for other members with slower internet and no script to be able to get the Rare dragons, which rarity value actually raise over time due how it was programmed (more dragons owned = smaller amount of egg spawn).

I've gotten very, very bad experiences in the past, and just rejoined to get Xeno dragons. At the very start of an hour there's like, 20 seconds lag where the areas page didn't even load.

The scroll breed limit will be released when there's new dragons of SAME rarity released. Makes sense? Because everyone will be catching the new dragons instead of the olds, giving more opportunity to catch older rares, which by that time, will spawn less eggs.

Already suggested? Maybe. Will this even get approved? Highly likely not. Maybe y'all will tell that 'you should trade for the ones you wanted'. The problem is, people trade Rares with Rares. For ones who don't have CB Rare egg/hatchling, what should we do? Waste time on front of the comp at 5 minutes egg drop? Install the same script? Grieve?

No. We demand justice.

Vehemently against this suggestion. This game is based on "Who clicks first" function, and that is how has always been. Scroll egg limits do a sufficient job as-is limiting users on how many eggs they can grab. If you are having trouble catching new eggs, try trading or using gifting threads.

That's so not going to happen. Something like this has been suggested before at least once, but vetoed by a huge number of players. Part of it is that nobody wants to be limited if it's not necessary

If you started this thread because you couldn't get Lunar Heralds, though, I'd love to send you some CBs.

I understand your frustration but this isn't the answer. Those 20 seconds lag you experience are not due to scripters. I think it's mainly due to code processing and how many users are logging in and trying to load that page.

TJ is on top of scripters and cheaters. Maybe he'll never be able to find and stop them all but I don't think they're the problem they're sometimes made out to be.

As PieMaster said, this game is built on competing for that nice, shiny egg in the cave. What you're proposing would be a fundamental change.

Not a fan of this. If someone wants to hoard the dragons at the beginning of the release, they can do that. And I honestly think that hardly anyone uses scripts.

That's so not going to happen. Something like this has been suggested before at least once, but vetoed by a huge number of players. Part of it is that nobody wants to be limited if it's not necessary

If you started this thread because you couldn't get Lunar Heralds, though, I'd love to send you some CBs.

I've gotten lunar heralds easily. They're just not popular. Xenos on the other way...

Also, whoever said there's no relation between the 20 seconds wait time with script user, please see how many players are logged in. 500s logged in, 6 in the low priority areas such as Jungle, and still 20 seconds load time. Still 500s logged in. Cycled to Volcano, another 20 second load time with 22 peoples refreshing like crazy. After it was :01 minutes on the clock, the load time decreases under 0.5 second.

Also, back to the original statement. Trading will not work if you don't have a Rare; gifting threads are full of beggars;

Dragon Cave was a great community once. People showed respect to each other and don't take more than needed. Now? Hurr durr I need my 12bit of data for showing off.

Edited by Rathurue

I hope you realize that many (including myself) who have gotten Xenos have spent hours or even days at a time, waiting at the 5min drop to get their eggs, and all of the CBs are not going straight to scripters and fast-internet players. There are gifting threads and raffles and many kind users here who are happy to help you get CB new releases.

Because there are so many other ways to get CB new releases, I do not support this. In fact, even if there wasn't other ways to get CB new releases, I wouldn't support this. My internet is absolutely awful the majority of the time so getting highly desired CBs is very difficult for me, but I still find ways to get them. I believe that the egg limits on the scrolls do a good enough job at stopping people from hoarding too much.

I missed the blusang drop. I missed the copper drop. I had to leave before I could catch one of each xeno. I still don't support. These are permanent releases. No need to limit people.

If you can't work with your internet (I suggest five minute drops over the hour drop anyway), you can try gifting threads or breeding dragons to trade.

There are *always* people willing to give away new releases, or trade them at low prices. Always. I've seen a *massive* amount of good-will with the Xenos since they've come out. You just have to look around.

People already *are* limited. 4, 5, 6, or 7 eggs, depending on trophy status. Once a person gets that many, they are taken out of the catching game for at least 2 days until some eggs hatch. In those 2 days, that's one less person grabbing for that dragon in the biomes. Honestly, new releases are often easier after they've been going on awhile, 'cause everyone gets locked and can't hunt anymore.

I do *not* support this. At all.

Honestly, new releases are often easier after they've been going on awhile, 'cause everyone gets locked and can't hunt anymore.

This. I have crappy internet, and I got my batch of new releases every time. It's impossible for me during the first hours, but it gets easier later.

And xenos are actually becoming a bit more common at the moment. They're still snagged up pretty fast and it does take time and dedication to catch one, but it's possible even with bad internet. Try hunting at odd times, stalk the less popular biomes and be there for the 5-minute-drops. It takes me a few hours of stalking to catch a xeno, but it's possible.

I've gotten lunar heralds easily. They're just not popular. Xenos on the other way...

Also, whoever said there's no relation between the 20 seconds wait time with script user, please see how many players are logged in. 500s logged in, 6 in the low priority areas such as Jungle, and still 20 seconds load time. Still 500s logged in. Cycled to Volcano, another 20 second load time with 22 peoples refreshing like crazy. After it was :01 minutes on the clock, the load time decreases under 0.5 second.

Also, back to the original statement. Trading will not work if you don't have a Rare; gifting threads are full of beggars;

Dragon Cave was a great community once. People showed respect to each other and don't take more than needed. Now? Hurr durr I need my 12bit of data for showing off.

TJ is aware of the lag, and has stated in the past that he can't fix it until something is upgraded.

Having said that, you are incorrect. There IS no correlation. I have been actively playing for years, and the lag is only at the top of the hour.... BUT the Biomes shuffle every 5 minutes, on the dot. If it was scripters were causing the lag, the lag would be at EVERY 5 minutes.... and not just the top of the hour.

As for Lunar Heralds not being "popular", I disagree with this, too. They are very popular, from all I've seen. But they are also in just 3 biomes and the color morphs are separated by time... And the last hasn't even shown up. Many, many people are in a holding pattern right now.

As for Xenos being rare..... I disagree with this also. The Xenos are SIX sprites, all dropping at the same exact time, all pulling from the exact same ratios. They are, unless I am SUPER mistaken, at uncommon in the programming, they acted a lot like Trios at their release but seem to show up more frequently than Trios.... But the DEMAND for them is 6 TIMES higher than for any other egg, because there are 6 very distinct morphs. They will settle out in time, and even now, you can get trades for CBs of them for 2nd gen and 3rd gen metals. I know: I've been doing that. They are not worth 1:1 with CB Golds or CB Silvers, and just because that's what someone is asking for doesn't mean that's what they are getting. If someone is paying 1:1 Xenos to CB Golds / Silvers, they are being seriously fleeced. Also with the Xenos: they are still the "hype" dragons, hence the inflated price people are asking for for them. They'll settle out given time, just like Trios did.

Also, your memory of the DC community is very, very flawed. People DID hoard Golds and Silvers. Or anything else they chose. They did not "take what they needed", they took all they could, which at times was precious little due to Golds and Silvers going through a period of extreme rarity. When I was new back in 2009, I saw scroll after scroll with huge hoards of Golds and Silvers.

Lastly, trading DOES work. I've traded for almost all of my rares, and that includes 16 CB Golds, 16 CB Silvers, 16 CBs of each color of CB Copper, between 8 to 16 CBs of each type of Xenos, and 3 or 4 2nd gen Prizes with more on the way (and I could have had more than 16 of the CB Golds and Silvers, but I chose not to get more of them than I wanted). But you have to work the IOU scene and be trustworthy, and you MUST have patience! It took me years to build my collection, but I don't and never did mind. I have no need for instant gratification.

In short: this idea is unnecessary, as you can get what you want via trades if you have patience and work at it a bit. It also runs counter to the spirit of the site, which is to collect dragons... all dragons.

C4.

Oh lord this again? There are already limits in place and that's enough really. The entire base premise of the game is who clicks the fastest- implementing this sort of limit kind of takes away from the base point of the game entirely.

No support.

Title says the summary. Please add scroll breed limits to discourage people with higher internet speed, and highly likely script for other members with slower internet and no script to be able to get the Rare dragons, which rarity value actually raise over time due how it was programmed (more dragons owned = smaller amount of egg spawn).

[...]

No. We demand justice.

"SCRIPTER!!!!" is NOT a valid justification for suggestions like this.

I'm thoroughly sick of the scripter scare and all these over-the-top "suggestions" to fend off the supposed scripters on the site that come with the scare. All that these "solutions" will actually achieve is driving the overwhelming-majority of ordinary players away.

If you suspect someone being a script user, report them to TJ.

Edited by CNR4806

Agreed about the hourly lag: It's not happening due to scripters. There has been some kind of hourly lag since the time I started, which is almost 6 years ago. The lag for the five minute shuffles is much less, most often not even noticeable. (On occasion, if there's a very rare egg, there might be a couple of seconds of lag.)

I've noticed the following pattern, refreshing the last 15 seconds before the full hour and well into said full hour: A couple of seconds after the full hour arrives, the cave gets emptied of eggs. If you refresh quickly, you'll see the new eggs directly afterward. The lag only hits one to five seconds after that, for whatever reason there is. (This pattern has been the same since the time I noticed, sometime during my first year of playing.)

Wouldn't it be a purchase of a new, larger server-thing the sollution for the xx:00 lags?

I'm not sure, I'm just guessing.

While I'd need only one pair+3frozens per breed, I'm against limiting other players' gamestyles. And adding a scroll breed limit on rares belongs to that.

What a hoarder of e.g. Golds would say?

Not all hoard dragons because of their overall value, lots of people also hoard those dragons they like for their sprite or sth... I personally love the Gold male's sprite maybe the most of the entire game, he's so beautiful. though I'm not at all interested in hoarding(would introduce mess to my neat-to-be scroll), I wouldn't be surprised if quite a percent of Gold hoarders hoard them for the pretty looks mainly.

Trading... well...

Well, I'm during the process of trying to get CB or 2g PB couples per breed (as most of my old ones bred into messy stuff), it's not easy with some breeds, especially as I can't sit in the cave and hunt CB rares and super-rares, also my device is too poor to compete in anything but new release mass floods(no mixing yet) as I found out when to click blindly when refreshing to have a chance^^. I risk a missclick if mixing already starts, but worked for me for new releases most of the time. I don't even try to get CB Gold and CB Silver pair, but I've just traded 2g PBs of them^^ And 3g PB Silver traded me a CB Magma(though the person wanted a CB Xeno or PB Gold), 2xPB 2g Xeno gave me a CB Bronze Lunar when they were on greatest demand. All depends on whom you're trading with, and also when if New releases are involved.

As I also agree that trading market is mostly overloaded with monotony when it comes to 'for my rare/prize I want', with patience it's possible to get quite a lot. Even if it means you have to offer 4 or more bred eggs for 1 CB or low gen. Even though majority is interested only in CB Gold for CB gold or 2g prize for 2g prize or Cb gold, from time to time there is someone who will consider some bred eggs. It's not easy to get an offer you wanted... (see the Magma trade I mentioned above; It was sitting there for a day before accepted, which means the person hoped to get an offer they asked for but didn't get one, or otherwise my offer would have been declined)

e.g. I couldn't trade a 3g prize of a 3g prize just with another CB breed. People having what you need not that often want whan you can offer. Often they want what you offer but don't have whay you need. If the person doesn't have just only strict needs(e.g. I won't collect anything besides 1 couple per breed + BSAs), you may stand a chance to trade with them if you have a chance to discuss with them. People often try to ask for more than they can get.

Personally, I'd simply prefer the rarity ratios to be changed a bit so there are much more equal dragon breeds, so the trading market could vary a bit between more than just 4 breeds(Golds, Silvers, Prizes:Tin&Shim)...

Still, the value of an egg/hatchie mostly depends on what both parties agree to trade it for. Just sad it's usually all labout CB G/S and very low gen Prizes... But it's not 100% of the market anyway.

I also get frustrated too often, I can get what the OP feels. But I'm against ruining gameplays of other people, even if that would make me getting CB G/S^^; I'm only for things that don't really affect gameplays/goals of others(but 'I don't like it that you can have X/more Y than I have' don't count, it's the wrong reason to oppose a suggestion and has nothing to do with defending a gameplay but with being envy).

Edited by VixenDra

There are *always* people willing to give away new releases, or trade them at low prices. Always. I've seen a *massive* amount of good-will with the Xenos since they've come out. You just have to look around.

People already *are* limited. 4, 5, 6, or 7 eggs, depending on trophy status. Once a person gets that many, they are taken out of the catching game for at least 2 days until some eggs hatch. In those 2 days, that's one less person grabbing for that dragon in the biomes. Honestly, new releases are often easier after they've been going on awhile, 'cause everyone gets locked and can't hunt anymore.

I do *not* support this. At all.

She said it better than I could. And I do not have superfast internet, and at 70 years of age my reflexes are - not what they were.

I hate cheats too, but this is not the answer. No support from me.

Absolutely no support. Not ever.

Everybody else has already said pretty much everything that needs to be said, but I'll say it again anyway. The more voices fully speaking out the better.

The hourlag is caused by the generation of the new batch of eggs. This is why there's only heavy lag from XX:00-XX:05 or XX:06. If scripts were causing the lag you would experience lag hour-round. I also very much doubt scripts could cause that much lag unless they were running a full-on DDoS. The goal of a scripter is to not be noticed; causing the server immense amounts of lag is exactly what they don't want to do.

Yes, new releases go rare. I've had to trade for the vast majority of my Xenos and I still only have like 4 coppers/4 pyrals because I wasn't paying attention to their releases. It happens. Spend some time haunting the trade threads and see what you can do. Some people will trade for new release eggs/hatchies, and when the release is commonish (Spirit Wards, so far Lunar Heralds) that means easy pickings for you. Some people will trade rares for large amounts of common CB hatchies; I recently traded someone a CB Neglected for a certain number of hatchies. Some people will flat-up gift rares to those who don't have any, or will FFA them. It takes time and patience and quite a bit of luck to grow a rares collection.

What you are proposing will spoil the game for everyone. Want to collect a certain number of CB golds for a project? Lolnope, you're limited to 4. Want to collect CB Pyrals because you love the sprite? Lolnope, limited. Want to collect a bunch of rares so you can trade for that one super-rare thing you want? Lolnope, you're limited.

I understand the frustration of not being able to get certain things. But your suggestion for fixing that is horribly wrong.

My two CB Spessartines and my only CB Almandine, my CB Gold females, my female CB Silver and several of my CB Coppers were all the generous gifts of those who can catch much faster than me. Some came as surprise pms or Glomps, some were in departure threads, but I wouldn't limit someone for having faster reflexes than mine. Some of the fast catchers may be selfish, but the generous spirits around here move in some very wonderful ways.

No support.

Everyone has already stated my thoughts above cx. I wouldn't support this, although I certainly understand your plausible frustration.

Spessartines, Almandines, Coppers, Xenos, and possibly Golds are, at the moment, too rare for their own good. I want a way to fix this, I hate how the ratios are now, and the only reason I'm still on DC is because I'm confident in the possibility of change. Is change happening slowly? Heck yes, very slowly.

However, due to how incredibly limiting this suggestion is, I think we can all agree that this is not the way to go.

Hell to all the no.

Even with my amazing computer and Internet, most of my rares were caught during holidays- while most people were in the AP, I caught my Blusang and Paper. It's a matter of knowing when to go to the cave, where to go, and how to use the forums to get the eggs you can't get yourself.

No support.

People are allowed to do as they wish with their dragons and their scrolls--including catching as many as they please. Also, scroll limits will not fix the lag. I experience the same lag regardless of whether I am on a locked scroll or not or using "fast internet" or "slow internet". In fact, I just got myself the fastest internet speed available from Fios for my new apartment since I have no TV or phone. I still experience lag at the top of every hour.

Several of my CB rares were gifts. The rest I traded for or caught. I also don't mind trading my "rare dragons" that I catch or breed for common dragons. More often than not you'll see me asking for CB common dragons in exchange for whatever I am offering.

I understand your frustration, but limiting the access/playing style of other users--even under the pretense of scripting and lag (which have both been around forever now)--in order to to gain an advantage over them is not the way to go.

(Edit: LOL I briefly forgot that I did catch some rares on my own)

Edited by Jazeki

All the reasons why not to support this have already been stated, so I'm not going to pile onto why this is a horrible idea.

No support.

No support.

This is a bad idea, for reasons already stated multiple, multiple times. Yes, a bad idea—and honestly I think it would be too complicated to work. What exactly would define "rare"? And when would something stop being considered "rare"? Beyond a few of the obvious, it's really all pretty subjective. Definitely shouldn't be enforced in such a way.

Edited by Torkie10

I've gotten very, very bad experiences in the past, and just rejoined to get Xeno dragons. At the very start of an hour there's like, 20 seconds lag where the areas page didn't even load.

The scroll breed limit will be released when there's new dragons of SAME rarity released. Makes sense? Because everyone will be catching the new dragons instead of the olds, giving more opportunity to catch older rares, which by that time, will spawn less eggs.

Already suggested? Maybe. Will this even get approved? Highly likely not. Maybe y'all will tell that 'you should trade for the ones you wanted'. The problem is, people trade Rares with Rares. For ones who don't have CB Rare egg/hatchling, what should we do? Waste time on front of the comp at 5 minutes egg drop? Install the same script? Grieve?

No. We demand justice.

Out of curiosity... How would you implement that? What is the definition of rarity? Are Xenos rare? That's debatable, they seem to be showing up quite a bit since people started focusing on the Lunar Heralds. Actually, all rares can be seen when there are new releases because, finally, the biomes are moving. Are Trios rare? What about Spessartines? They have been showing up too...

While I can understand your frustration, your suggestion is quite vague. A bit offensive too, do you have any proof that fast catchers are scripters? If yes, you should be reporting them.

I'm also quite confused about "demanding justice", we are talking about a site where pixels are adopted, aren't we?