Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

Maybe we could ask Sock to add it to the FAQ thread?

The FAQ thread may be an option.

Also, I made a quick, simple little button so people can link to the calendar more easily. If anyone with better photoshop skills than I have wants to make a nicer one, feel free! smile.gif

user posted image

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v2Ars0ZSx-H8B8R399Cu06A4cj19Me5GhN-2uj2TRU/edit?usp=sharing][img=https://i.imgur.com/xX43PFb.gif][/url]

Hmm, that does sound useful. I'll see if I can weasel that in sometime over the course of the day. (If it's not here by the end of the day, pester me again next week, it means I got sucked into writing. user posted image)

And then I couldn't stop tinkering with it and just did it in parallel to writing (= the kind that is IRC roleplay, not the kind that is writing my book, which I will do later today).

http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php

Edited by pinkgothic

Awesome, thank you! wub.gif And a little bit sorry for distracting you from your book! laugh.gif

Awesome, thank you! wub.gif And a little bit sorry for distracting you from your book! laugh.gif

I have only myself to blame. laugh.gif

But yes, this thread has been a thorough nerdsnipe today. smile.gif I'll probably pretty up that script sometime in the coming week so it looks less like the just-a-proof-of-concept that it is.

WOOH!!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING, PINKGOTHIC! All those codes and sites!!! So awesome! I'll add them to the top! I'll do it as soon as my computer's up. Though, could you post all the images and links I should put in the opening as 1 post? I'm not sure which ones are important.

Also, thank you Mille_Azure for all your work too! I'm going to add the calendar banner to the top too.

I guess the true test for all the things will be tonight when the phases shift again.

Edit: Also, could you add the phases present to your test site if you have time? That way, it would be a one stop place to get all the info.

Edited by Shokomon

Edit: Also, could you add the phases present to your test site if you have time? That way, it would be a one stop place to get all the info.

Hmm. It's currently not laid out for that, but I could make something like that additionally. Not today, though, it's already 23:00 over here. smile.gif Happy to help, though! I hope I'll get around to make your requested change. Feel free to keep pestering me about it!

Thank you again, PinkGothic! You don't have to do the edits if you can't do it or if you can't find the time. Real life and sleep is more important. Sleep well!

--

Rebloging a couple things for the opening posts.

Also, the opening posts have been updated with additional information!

- The Official Lunar Cycle and Lunar Herald Breeding Pattern Section has been updated! However, it's still undergoing edits...

- The Quick Reference Section has been updated!

Lastly, the DC Moon Watch Doc has been updated!! Click the Question Egg with Moons around it in my sig to get to the doc.

--

And because I still feel like posting these updates...

We are expecting in a phase change tonight (10/04/15) at 8PM EST/DC:

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent No phase change. Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Bronze.

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze.

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze.

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Let us know if you get anything different!

-- Warning! Reblogs ahoy!

As long as we're confident of the way the moons change, we can do it without an API. Here's the logic in PHP:

<?php

// -- settings ----------------------------------------------------------------

// work in Dragon Cave timezone:
   date_default_timezone_set('America/New_York');

// day before first time moons were observed to be full/full:
   $cycleStart = strtotime('2015-09-25 20:00:00');

// length of a cycle (going from full/full back to full/full):
   $cycleLengthInDays = 32;

// colours of a half cycle:
   $uniqueColours = array(
       'silver / white / full',
       'gold / aurax',
       'bronze / dark / new',
       'blue / indigo / cirion',
   );

// -- calculable settings -----------------------------------------------------

// length of a cycle (going from full/full back to full/full):
   $cycleLengthInSeconds = (3600 * 24 * $cycleLengthInDays);

// colours of a full cycle:
   $segmentColours = array_merge(
       $uniqueColours,
       array_reverse($uniqueColours)
   );

// how long a colour reigns:
   $lengthOfSegmentInSeconds = (int) ($cycleLengthInSeconds / count($segmentColours));

// -- script ------------------------------------------------------------------

// how many seconds have passed since we started paying attention?:
   $secondsSinceCycleStart = time() - $cycleStart;

// how far into a cycle does that bring us? (ignoring DST):
   $secondsIntoCycle = $secondsSinceCycleStart % $cycleLengthInSeconds;

echo 'We are ' . round(($secondsIntoCycle / 3600) / 24, 2) . ' days into a '
       . $cycleLengthInDays . ' day cycle.<br /><br />';

// which segment are we in?
   $segment = (int) ($secondsIntoCycle / $lengthOfSegmentInSeconds);

// colour of the segment:
   $currentColour = $segmentColours[$segment];

echo 'Currently dropping: <strong>' . $currentColour . '</strong>';

Can be viewed here.

(I could also pop out an image generator. I probably will, but give me some time.)

----

Edit:

Turns out 75% of the remaining work was getting the extension to be .png so this forum doesn't throw a hissy fit. rolleyes.gif *chuckles*

Here you go:

user posted image

[IMG=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/image.png]

It serves these images depending on time:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

And I'd be more than happy to swap those out for something nicer. I consider those placeholders until something better comes along. smile.gif

And then I couldn't stop tinkering with it and just did it in parallel to writing (= the kind that is IRC roleplay, not the kind that is writing my book, which I will do later today).

http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar-herald-colour.php

The FAQ thread may be an option.

Also, I made a quick, simple little button so people can link to the calendar more easily. If anyone with better photoshop skills than I have wants to make a nicer one, feel free! smile.gif

user posted image

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v2Ars0ZSx-H8B8R399Cu06A4cj19Me5GhN-2uj2TRU/edit?usp=sharing][img=https://i.imgur.com/xX43PFb.gif][/url]

Time: 11:23 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 4 Oct 2015

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent

II. Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent

Lunar Heralds:

B. I bred a Bronze Lunar Herald egg. Lineage Link

Time: 11:23 PM Dragon Cave Time (DC)

Date: 4 Oct 2015

Moon Phases:

I. Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent

II. Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent

Lunar Heralds:

B. I bred a Bronze Lunar Herald egg. Lineage Link

Thank you for your contribution, and sorry for the late response.

Now we really do have proof of everything.

In other news, I'm still working on editing the opening posts with the appropriate info.

----@9:00 PM

Now for a late announcement on phase changes! Looks like the image and website Pinkgothic made are working splendidly!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent No phase change. Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated.

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Bronze to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Pinkgothic's changing image (changes to match whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's preliminary site (shows what's dropping and when the others will drop): Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calender: user posted image Link

DC Moon Watch Document: user posted image Link

How is finalizing the site going, Pinkgothic?

Oh wow you guys, thank you SO much for all of this information about these guys! I was very pleased to see Indigo might be next, so I went and bred my Silver Lunar with a Shadowalker...And got an Indigo egg! Now to catch a CB and I'll be set for these beauties. ♥ Thank you guys SO much for this, it's very very helpful!

(I hope it's okay to post this without any contributing info or anything...I just wanted to thank you all for the amazing work you did! ♥ smile.gif)

Edited by Jenneta

How is finalizing the site going, Pinkgothic?

Oh boy do you so not want to hear this. xd.png

I am currently travelling, and to my great dismay this hotel I'm in has the worst internet I've ever had to deal with. I do mean ever. Even back in 1997 with a modem in South Africa websites loaded more quickly than this! (I am sincere about this; I am not exaggerating. I wait for several minutes for pages without images to load. That being said, if I were you, I wouldn't believe me, either. I didn't know internet could get this bad. Worst of all, it's not even free. Whaaat. I'm still in Germany, guys! This is not Antarctica! Y u so terrible, internet! Raargh).

Hopefully I'll be able to work when I'm back home tomorrow evening. smile.gif

Oh wow you guys, thank you SO much for all of this information about these guys! I was very pleased to see Indigo might be next, so I went and bred my Silver Lunar with a Shadowalker...And got an Indigo egg! Now to catch a CB and I'll be set for these beauties. ♥ Thank you guys SO much for this, it's very very helpful!

(I hope it's okay to post this without any contributing info or anything...I just wanted to thank you all for the amazing work you did! ♥ smile.gif)

I think this is fine! Plus, you helped confirm that Indigos are dropping, so yay!

You are welcome! At least, I think so.

Also,

Oh boy do you so not want to hear this. xd.png

I am currently travelling, and to my great dismay this hotel I'm in has the worst internet I've ever had to deal with. I do mean ever. Even back in 1997 with a modem in South Africa websites loaded more quickly than this! (I am sincere about this; I am not exaggerating. I wait for several minutes for pages without images to load. That being said, if I were you, I wouldn't believe me, either. I didn't know internet could get this bad. Worst of all, it's not even free. Whaaat. I'm still in Germany, guys! This is not Antarctica! Y u so terrible, internet! Raargh).

Hopefully I'll be able to work when I'm back home tomorrow evening. smile.gif

Take your time, Pinkgothic! Real-life come first after all!

Though, I didn't know internet could get that bad. Yikes! Good luck! Have fun in Germany!

--

Edit: Also, opening post updated with new charts! I'll post them below as well.

Here is a picture table showing the phases of each moon in a regular cycle. Gold-labeled things are Aurax-related. Blue-labeled things are Cirion-related. Gray-labeled things apply to both.

- Also, shows the 2:1 ratio for Cirion's and Aurax's cycles:

user posted image

-And here is a reference chart for what each image stands for:

user posted image

(Where New = New Moon, WXC = Waxing Crescent, WXG = Waxing Gibbous, FULL = Full Moon, WNG = Waning Gibbous, WNC = Waning Crescent)

--

I)A Table That Shows the Pattern Starting with Aurax WaXing Gibbous and Cirion New Moon

-- Best for viewing the pattern flow without breaking up any periods of egg drops

user posted image

II) A Table That Shows the Pattern Starting with both Aurax and Cirion in Full Moon phase

-- Best for showing the pattern within a standard lunar cycle

user posted image

What do you think? Are they clear? Understandable? Terrible? Confusing? Comments, please?

Edited by Shokomon

Ah, I like those tables! They're the clearest to read in a nice compact format. Nicely signature-sized. Well done!

Ah, I like those tables!  They're the clearest to read in a nice compact format.  Nicely signature-sized.  Well done!

Glad you like them! I didn't intend for them to be sig-sized, but they worked out that way, so nice! Also, there will be phase change today, so...

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated. (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay at more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Indigo in color!

Lastly, Pinkgothic was kind enough to use the cycler they made to make my buttons into a cycling button that changes to match whichever egg is dropping currently:

user posted image

[img=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/shoko.png]

Edit: You will see the one of following images depending on what egg is dropping-

Indigo Egg: user posted image

Gold Egg: user posted image

Silver Egg: user posted image

Bronze Egg: user posted image

Edit2: Typo fix.

Edited by Shokomon

Nice button. Thank you both. I've added it to my signature.

I'm glad you like it, Rubyshoes! Also, updated the Opening post with some minor adjustments and information, including Pinkgothic's website!

In other news,

--

Phase Change!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated. (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay at more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's preliminary site that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): user posted image

Lastly, Pinkgothic was kind enough to use the cycler they made to make my buttons into a cycling button that changes to match whichever egg is dropping currently:

user posted image

[img=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/shoko.png]

Edit: You will see the one of following images depending on what egg is dropping-

Indigo Egg: user posted image

Gold Egg: user posted image

Silver Egg: user posted image

Bronze Egg: user posted image

Oooh, I like the cycle buttons!

Hey, would it be possible to include a code option that includes a link to the calendar? For example...

user posted image

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v2Ars0ZSx-H8B8R399Cu06A4cj19Me5GhN-2uj2TRU/edit?usp=sharing][IMG=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/shoko.png][/url]

Those cycle buttons are much cooler than the little button I made; plus, it makes sense to show today and link to the whole thing.

Oooh, I like the cycle buttons!

Hey, would it be possible to include a code option that includes a link to the calendar? For example...

user posted image

[url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15v2Ars0ZSx-H8B8R399Cu06A4cj19Me5GhN-2uj2TRU/edit?usp=sharing][IMG=http://leviathan.thorngale.net/lunar/shoko.png][/url]

Those cycle buttons are much cooler than the little button I made; plus, it makes sense to show today and link to the whole thing.

Sure! I mean, the button in my sig links to the the DC Moon Watch Doc, so you can link it to the Calendar if you like.

Also, since I'm not sure when I'll get home:

Phase change is expected at 8 pm today:

Aurax (Gold Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase change! Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated.

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay at more than 50% illuminated!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's preliminary site that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Edit: And Look what Daydreamer09 made! It's a circle chart showing the Lunar cycle and Available Lunar Herald eggs!! It's so great! Daydreamer09 sent it to me to have, but she said I could share it, so HERE IT IS! Look at it!

Hello. I made this circular Lunar Herald chart based off the ones you made in the Lunar Watch thread. It was created for my own personal reference, however because it is based off your compilation, I thought I'd forward it to you as well. You can download and keep it for yourself or share it with others.

user posted image

-Day

I'll add it to the opening post later.

Edited by Shokomon

So, Pinkgothic? How's the site coming along?

Also, horribly late, but...

Phase Change!

Phase change is expected at 8 pm today:

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent] No phase change! Aurax is expected to stay at less than 50% illuminated.

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent Phase change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Indigo to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

In other news, updates are being made to the opening post now. I'm working on it. Please tell me if I forgot to add anything or if anything is unclear.

Edit: Opening post updated! Tell me what you think.

Edited by Shokomon

Love those charts and buttons! You're so awesome, guys!

I had intended to change my avatar following the lunar cycle, but with the cycle button in my sig, I can stick with my favourites (blue and silver). wub.gif

Edited by walkinslow

Love those charts and buttons! You're so awesome, guys!

I had intended to change my avatar following the lunar cycle, but with the cycle button in my sig, I can stick with my favourites (blue and silver).  wub.gif

Glad you found them useful!

Now in other news:

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase change! Aurax is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated.

Eggs are expected to change from Bronze to a new color!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

I wonder how long I will keep doing this before I get bored.

Also, how does the site go, Pinkgothic?

I've totally put the cycler and the link into my siggy because they're just awesome. Aaand I just remembered that there was a golden Lunar I wanted to breed - now I just need to find the dragon in question xd.png

I wonder. Does anyone find these updates helpful or are they just annoying?

Also, I didn't think people would like the button cycler that much. Yea!

Phase Change Today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous No phase change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated.

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent Phase change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated.

Eggs are expected to stay Gold in color.

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

I wonder. Does anyone find these updates helpful or are they just annoying?

Now that we have the cycler and pinkgothic's website they're less helpful than they were before, but I found them useful! I live in a timezone that doesn't match up to the cave's, so when exactly the moons have changed is always kinda confusing for me. I always knew "oh, shokomon hasn't made a post yet, that means I have a bit longer to wait".

(Sorry, I've been lurking this thread for ages without posting anything, I figured when a question was directed at the general audience that was when I needed to say something :P)