Shokomon

DC Moon Watch (Tracking Sonata Breeding and Eclipse Effects!)

I was wondering. Would anyone like to help post phase changes? I've been making time to do it, but if I'd get too busy, I don't want these posts to disappear.

Is anyone willing? Maybe we could make a schedule?

This is a thing I still need help with.

--

Phase Change Today @ 8:00PM EST/DC!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Silver!

Enjoy breeding and catching eggs!

Eggs are expected to remain Silver until 8:00PM EST/DC on July 13, 2016.

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

Millie_Azure's Lunar Herald long term calendar: user posted image Link

DC Moon Watch Document: user posted image Link

Shokomon's version of the cycler (also made by Pinkgothic): user posted image

--

It's Silver time!

Yay silver!

... now if only I could remember what I wanted to breed in that phase! laugh.gif

Been waiting for this phase, now to try and actually GET a CB Lunar Herald before it changes.

Oh wow, that is a fantastic page Pinkgothic put together! Shokomon, if posting the daily updates is getting too stressful, why not just post a link to Pinkgothic's page somewhere high and prominent in the OP and save yourself the trouble? smile.gif

Silver Lunar Heralds are my favorite Lunar Heralds. happy.gif Thank you for the update!

Edited by Natevaelle

Oh wow, that is a fantastic page Pinkgothic put together! Shokomon, if posting the daily updates is getting too stressful, why not just post a link to Pinkgothic's page somewhere high and prominent in the OP and save yourself the trouble? smile.gif

Well, it's not that it's too stressful. It's just that I'll forget if life gets busy, and while I'm okay to post now, if life gets more hectic (and it always does) I might not be able to post as regularly. And not everyone uses Pinkgothic's site or MilleAzure's text calender. If people find this thread helpful, I want to keep posting.

- Though maybe I could post less often following the lunar herald color changes as opposed to the moon phase changes. That's what nooey does.

--

In any case,

I was wondering. Would anyone like to help post phase changes? I've been making time to do it, but if I'd get too busy, I don't want these posts to disappear.

--

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

Pinkgothic's imaged-based cycler that shows the whatever Lunar is dropping): user posted image

Pinkgothic's Daily Dragon Fix page that shows what's dropping and when the others will drop: Link

I've been thinking of coding a reminder system, but I'm not yet sure how that should manifest. I could make it post to a mailing list, for example, that people can subscribe to and unsubscribe from as they please. Is that something people would like? (Or would they e.g. rather provide their email address to my website for a one-time notification of a colour they want to know about? Or should I try and look into getting a bot to post here (though I'd have to check with the mods if they're all right with that)? Et cetera)

I've been thinking of coding a reminder system, but I'm not yet sure how that should manifest. I could make it post to a mailing list, for example, that people can subscribe to and unsubscribe from as they please. Is that something people would like? (Or would they e.g. rather provide their email address to my website for a one-time notification of a colour they want to know about? Or should I try and look into getting a bot to post here (though I'd have to check with the mods if they're all right with that)? Et cetera)

That sounds like a good idea to me! I can make a poll for it if you like. Though, what should I put in the poll? Something like this?:

Would you be interested in an alternate alert system for Lunar Herald Color changes?

a ) Yes, an email-based one.

b ) Yes, a website-based one.

c ) Yes, a website and/or email based one.

d ) No, I like the forum-based alert system, and would be okay with seeing a bot post.

e ) No, I like the forum-based alert system. Please Keep Posting.

f ) I have an alternative suggestion. (Explain in post.)

Would this help?

--

--

Aurax (Gold Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Silver!!

That sounds like a good idea to me! I can make a poll for it if you like. Though, what should I put in the poll? Something like this?:

Would you be interested in an alternate alert system for Lunar Herald Color changes?

a ) Yes, an email-based one.

b ) Yes, a website-based one.

c ) Yes, a website and/or email based one.

d ) No, I like the forum-based alert system, and would be okay with seeing a bot post.

e ) No, I like the forum-based alert system. Please Keep Posting.

f ) I have an alternative suggestion. (Explain in post.)

Would this help?

Something like this?

a) Yes, I'd like to be able to selectively subscribe (and unsubscribe) to a mailing list that constantly gets Lunar Herald notifications.

B) Yes, I'd like to be able to enter my email address and the colour I'm interested in in a form and get a one-time notification for that colour. (Would allow up to four notifications to be set.)

c) No, I like the forum-based alert system, but it would make sense to have a bot post the notification (mods willing)

d) No, I like the forum-based alert system system. Please keep posting.

e) I have an alternate suggestion. (Explain in post.)

That said, I'm not sure how to interpret your 'a website-based one' option - or rather, I mean, the way I interpret that we have that already. :) (I'm also not sure if we shouldn't maybe fish for alternate ideas first, then put up the poll? Could for example have an IRC bot idle in a particular channel on the Dragon Cave IRC server and people could join that and get notifications for drop changes through that; I'm not super fond of that idea, but it's a possibility, and maybe someone else likes it?)

Edited by pinkgothic

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to change from Silver to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Gold! from 8pm cave time until 17th July 8pm cave time.

Edited by nooey

Something like this?

a) Yes, I'd like to be able to selectively subscribe (and unsubscribe) to a mailing list that constantly gets Lunar Herald notifications.

b ) Yes, I'd like to be able to enter my email address and the colour I'm interested in in a form and get a one-time notification for that colour. (Would allow up to four notifications to be set.)

c) No, I like the forum-based alert system, but it would make sense to have a bot post the notification (mods willing)

d) No, I like the forum-based alert system system. Please keep posting.

e) I have an alternate suggestion. (Explain in post.)

That said, I'm not sure how to interpret your 'a website-based one' option - or rather, I mean, the way I interpret that we have that already. smile.gif (I'm also not sure if we shouldn't maybe fish for alternate ideas first, then put up the poll? Could for example have an IRC bot idle in a particular channel on the Dragon Cave IRC server and people could join that and get notifications for drop changes through that; I'm not super fond of that idea, but it's a possibility, and maybe someone else likes it?)

Poll-wise, that sounds good.

Sorry, the website version was my misinterpretation of the one-time notification via putting your email through the Daily Fix website.

Well, people don't post very often here, but we can look for alternate ideas.

SO,

Anyone out here have any ideas for an alternate alert system as opposed to the manual posts done now via this thread?

Anyone at all?

I use the tiny eggcycler in my signature and keep looking here. I will take a look at this thread when we the daylight saving time is removed on different dates in the USA and here in Germany... rolleyes.gif That is always so confusing. wacko.gif So i am happy with that help in my signature and from time to time checking this thread if there is maybe a problem with the cycler.

I use the tiny eggcycler in my signature and keep looking here. I will take a look at this thread when we the daylight saving time is removed on different dates in the USA and here in Germany...  rolleyes.gif  That is always so confusing.  wacko.gif So i am happy with that help in my signature and from time to time checking this thread if there is maybe a problem with the cycler.

I'm glad you find the cycler helpful! That's why it was made. Don't forget to thank Pinkgothic for it too! She's the reason why the images change at all.

It's for people like you who use the thread to check the color and/or phase changes that I'd like the thread posts to keep going. But if there is an alternate way to alert people in case something happens, and I or Nooey cannot post at all, I would love to see that.

So if anyone else has any ideas aside what Pinkgothic has given out, I'd love to see it.

--

But if you want to contribute to posting phase changes,

--

-- Day 8

Edit: I'm taking over for Nooey today!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Gibbous --> Waning Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to become less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to change from Gold to a new color!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Eggs are expected to remain Bronze until 8:00 PM EST/DC on July 21, 2016.

Edited by Shokomon

And now for a change of pace:

(Click link to go to original post.)

I would like to hear opinions on this.

--

Still covering for Nooey. She will resume posting soon.

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Bronze!!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Bronze!

The two e-mail ones (a and b in pinkgothic's post) sound neat.

I browse the forum without subscribing to any threads, so I know when there's a phase change when this thread pops to the top of Site Discussion. I guess that makes me "No, I like the forum-based alert system". I'm not very helpful in this regard.

I think a mit of a) and B) would be nice. Say, I have an ongoing checker project for silver Lunars, so I'd like to be able to subscribe to "silver notifications" until I unsubscribe. For the short gold Lunar project, I'd like to subscribe for a small number of breeding periods, like 2 or 3 times? And for that one dragon I need a bronze Lunar mate for, I'd like a one-time notification - if I don't get the egg I want, I'll just ask the system for another notification.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I think I'll post the poll now. But, I'm glad people like the forum posts. Maybe I need tophrase the poll...

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent; No Phase Change. Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Crescent --> Waxing Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to become more than 50% illuminated!

Cave Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Bred Lunar Herald Eggs are expected to be Indigo!

Eggs are expected to remain Indigo from 8pm cave time up to and including 29th July 8pm cave time

Edited by nooey

I think I'll post the poll now. But, I'm glad people like the forum posts. Maybe I need tophrase the poll...

I like these forum posts a lot and rely on them but I would like to see a poll here to see if there are other options also. This thread is the bomb, I would be lost without it.

Before I post the poll, are these options clear, or do people have any suggestions and/or edits?

The poll:

Would you be interested in alternative alert systems for Lunar Herald Color changes, compared to the forum post-based alert system?

A. Yes, I'd like to be able to selectively subscribe (and unsubscribe) to a mailing list that constantly gets Lunar Herald notifications.

B. Yes, I'd like to be able to enter my email address and Lunar Herald color of interest into a form and get a one-time notification for that color. (Would allow up to four notifications to be set.)

C. I am happy with the forum-based alert system, but I am interested in the subscribe system as well.

D. I am happy with forum-based alert system, but I am interested in the one-time notification system as well.

E. I am happy with fourm-based alert system, but I am interested in both the subscribe system and the one-time notification system as well.

F. No, I am happy the forum-based alert system, but it would make sense to have a bot post the notification. (Mods/TJ willing.)

G. No, I am happy with the forum-based alert system system. Please, keep posting.

H. I have an alternate suggestion. (Explain in post.)

I. I am not interested in any alert systems, including the forum-based system. Stop bumping this thread.

--

So, comments?

What about an option that combines A and B? You seem to be missing that. And changing A and related suggestions to subscribing/unbsubscribing to certain colours' mailing lists with one list for each colour, or adding that as another option? Otherwise, looks good!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

What about an option that combines A and B? You seem to be missing that. And changing A and related suggestions to subscribing/unbsubscribing to certain colours' mailing lists with one list for each colour, or adding that as another option? Otherwise, looks good!

Not a bad idea! Let me change some things...

--

Would you be interested in alternative alert systems for Lunar Herald Color changes, compared to the forum post-based alert system?

A. Yes, I'd like to be able to selectively subscribe (and unsubscribe) to a mailing list that constantly gets Lunar Herald color change notifications.

B. Yes, I'd like to be able to selectively subscribe (and unsubscribe) to a mailing list that constantly gets notifications for (a) certain Lunar Herald Color(s). (You can pick and choose which color(s) you want notifications for.)

C. Yes, I'd like to be able to enter my email address and Lunar Herald color of interest into a form and get a one-time notification for that color. (Would allow up to four notifications to be set.)

D. Yes, I am interested in both the subscribe system and the one-time notification system.

E. I am happy with the forum-based alert system, but I am interested in the subscribe system as well.

F. I am happy with forum-based alert system, but I am interested in the one-time notification system as well.

G. I am happy with fourm-based alert system, but I am interested in both the subscribe system and the one-time notification system as well.

H. No, I am happy the forum-based alert system, but it would make sense to have a bot post the notification. (Mods/TJ willing.)

I. No, I am happy with the forum-based alert system system. Please, keep posting.

J. I have an alternate suggestion. (Explain in post.)

K. I am not interested in any alert systems, including the forum-based system. Stop bumping this thread.

--

Is this better?

I'm assuming there are no more additions to the poll, so I'm going to put the poll up.

But first,

--

--

I'm posting again!

Aurax (Gold Moon): Waning Crescent --> New Moon; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 0% illuminated.)

Cirion (Blue Moon): Waxing Gibbous --> Full Moon; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated! (Specifically 100% illuminated.)

Eggs are expected to stay Indigo!!

*needs to stop being lazy and post up the poll*

--

--

Aurax (Gold Moon): New Moon --> Waxing Crescent; Phase Change! Aurax is expected to stay less than 50% illuminated!

Cirion (Blue Moon): Full Moon --> Waning Gibbous; Phase Change! Cirion is expected to stay more than 50% illuminated!

Eggs are expected to stay Indigo!!

Edit: Poll up!

Edited by Shokomon

Two questions - is the mailing system actual email or a PM on the forums? Also, does the cycler actually work? As in - does is change automatically or is it just an image.