Stellaluna22

Lunar Herald Breeding/Naming Plans!

My gold lunars have started to grow up and I don't know what they match well with >_< I don't have enough CB Golds (and they look too bulky), I'm not a CB Prize owner yet, stripes look fine ATM. What should I do >_<

My gold lunars have started to grow up and I don't know what they match well with >_< I don't have enough CB Golds (and they look too bulky), I'm not a CB Prize owner yet, stripes look fine ATM. What should I do >_<

I recently bred a Lunar Herald to a Mageia here and I do think, if the egg was golden, it would be a nicer lineage to continue. So with the egg colours constantly changing, I don't know how long it would take to make a full checker, but my best bet is to match them with dragons with similar colours. So Thunders, Lightnings, Imperial Fleshcrownes, Golden Wyverns or maybe even Harvest Dragons?

Something different I was planning was to pair a Spirit Ward with a Gold Lunar Herald. But i'm not so sure now.

user posted image x user posted image

Edited by lovecats99

~Metals & More~

I prefer M Lunar Herald x F Gold because the spread wings and turned head feel like they "match" more. The golden Lunar Heralds match better, whereas the blue Lunar Heralds make for a handsome contrast.

Silvers! Beautiful pastel-and-silvery combination.

Stop - copper time! I definitely appreciate the first two combinations as I often find myself having trouble deciding what to cross my Liver of Sulphur Coppers to. The female Verdigris Copper may be a touch too darkly shaded to pair nicely with the silver Lunar Herald in my tastes. I had a hard time figuring out what to pair Rainbow Patina Coppers with, but lo and behold, Blue Lunar Heralds appeal to me in a way that's difficult to put a finger on.

Now for the black sheep of the metals, Golden Wyverns. Not much to say other than "it fits."

~Non-Metal Shenanigans~

I prefer Male Royal Blue to female since his pose is more dynamic (in line with the Lunar Herald's.)

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Water Horses but they're the right kind of teal-green for the job to create an interesting cross with silver Lunar Heralds, methinks.

Illusion wings and transparent wings, oh my! Just some fun combo ideas. I feel M and F Swallowtails match better with different Lunar Herald colors, though.

M Terrae and Lunar Heralds... perhaps due to my impression that while other metallic-shaded dragons seem like their scales are made exactly of the metal at hand, Lunar Heralds strike me as more "organic", like the scales of a fish or mother-of-pearl. But really, it says more about the diversity of combinations that the silver Lunar Herald can be crossed with to great success. I guess the takeaway of my post is that I feel silver Lunar Heralds will become the new "Standard White" of rainbow lines and otherwise for this characteristic.

I can already think of more, but I only have so much time on my hands! tongue.gif Ciao!

user posted image

this would be such a pretty checker pair. I just need more CB autumns, the 5 I have won't be enough.

Wow, I really like how Lunar Heralds look with Coppers.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Swallowtails, but M Lunar x F Swallowtail is a really nice combination.

And Silvers - well, Silvers look good with almost anything. smile.gif

I'm waiting until we know when and for how long each color is available. But there will be too many beautiful lineage options anyway... I'll probably start a dozen lineages with them. biggrin.gif

Requests:

Silver with RB

Blue with blue nebula

Blue with lumina

Silver with striped river

Gold with turpentine

sorry, I lack the needed skills to do it myself. xd.png

Requests:

Silver with RB

Blue with blue nebula

Blue with lumina

Gold with turpentine

sorry, I lack the needed skills to do it myself.  xd.png

Do you mean putting the dragons into actual lineages like Sock has done, or just images?

I can only do images, but until someone can put them into lineages, here's an attempt:

Edited by lovecats99

I have the Lunar Herald x Turpentine and (gold) Lunar Herald x Striped River pairings in my album.

user posted imageuser posted image

Edited by Tehya Faye

I am going to do Gold Lunars x Nebulas (of all colors, hopefully to get 4 3G checkers to breed together)

I like this combo much better than the green copper x silver lunar herald. They are the right shade of their respective colours, and the base colours match. The highlights on the copper look nice with the outer edges of the wings on the lunar. The highlights on the lunar look nice with the main green of the copper.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to continue a checker, is it?

Edited by harlequinraven

I like this combo much better than the green copper x silver lunar herald. They are the right shade of their respective colours, and the base colours match. The highlights on the copper look nice with the outer edges of the wings on the lunar. The highlights on the lunar look nice with the main green of the copper.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to continue a checker, is it?

Unfortunately that particular checker isn't possible with male Green Coppers.

Unfortunately that particular checker isn't possible with male Green Coppers.

Yeah, didn't think so. I wanted to make 100% sure I was not missing something (since someone else posted lunars with male green coppers).

Requests:

Silver with RB

Blue with blue nebula

Blue with lumina

Gold with turpentine

sorry, I lack the needed skills to do it myself.  xd.png

Unless you were requesting real breedings - I actually already posted silver with striped river. As well, I did all the lunars with all the nebuals. They can be found in my album: http://imgur.com/a/MCoTJ

Tehya Faye posted with the gold with striped river and I actually think that looks nicer. =o

I just did the silver with RB and blue with lumina. They're now at the end of the album (before the sunsongs). =)

This is my favorite from that bunch, although they all look nice:

user posted imageuser posted image

The gold looks surprisingly nice with the turp, wow.

EDIT: I just did a bunch with sunsongs and although the gold is pretty, I like the blue more! Posted above.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

As for names, I used these:

The Legend of the Crescent Moon

Simalania

Nikola Kopernik

Vernalina

Waning Gibbeon

Luna Auraxia

I'm in love with this new breed! wub.gif

I'm adding "Prismatic Wings" and "Helly Luv" to my list of golden lunar herald names. smile.gif

I caught a CB Golden Wyvern this morning, so I'm now thinking gold Herald x Golden Wyvern - at best (if successful) I get 2G GWs, at worst 2G Heralds of any colour - win/win!

More dragon names!

For my lovely glossy browns (I'm a Pern fan and believe in Golds, Bronzes, and handsome Browns.)

Thhb8 has been named, "I've Goth a Thutter"

pEc3A -> peace and so has been named: Mare Tranquillitatius, with a u in there to make it viable.

dDNjS could be a Dijinni

I've got Tsar Lunar of the Golden Age for later...

More golds:

tx2Rc is a play on Tax -> RegulationWithoutRepresentation

One is named after the phenomenon that allows the moon to have rainbows - Haze Around the Moon

hwN75 is Highway 75 N

I don't really do lineage projects, but I'm really liking some of the ones being posted! I actually really like the bronze Tinsel with the bronze Lunar, that looks nice.

As far as naming, I randomly decided that all my Lunars will have names starting with Z. So far I have Zgaz, Zezah, Zyrieh, and Zeowa. All golds, my brown/bronzes haven't hatched yet.