Ansela Jonla

September release

I'm sorry that you still have to catch up even if I can't understand why: Gemshards, Magelights, Hooktalons, Spotted Drakes, Spirit Wards are common as dirt. But I'm not sure why people that have been "religiously" catching every release should wait  months and months to have new eggs. Last year there were no "common" releases from September to March. Maybe some people "caught up" and "breathed" but people like me were quite frustrated.

Gemshards are still really hard to catch for me, though I'll agree about the other things. For me the problem is more that I have a ton of breeding projects that I also want to do, and that gets in the way of collecting some of the newer eggs.

Also I completely couldn't catch any of the silver Lunar Heralds, so I guess I did take a break from this 'flood' even if I didn't want to. I hope that doesn't hurt my efforts to collect them... Eta- I finally got one, and I guess that'll have to do. This is too stressful catching them now.

Edited by silver_chan

For me the problem is more that I have a ton of breeding projects that I also want to do, and that gets in the way of collecting some of the newer eggs.

I don't want to be confrontational but there are two sides of the equation. People that have ongoing breeding projects have a choice: when there is a new release, they can choose if to breed or to hunt. If there are no new releases, people that mainly hunt/collect are not given any choice. Well.. other than to stay away from DC.

I'd be ok with there being a release this weekend since by then most silver lunar eggs will have hatched, freeing up slots, and the rate at which they're dropping won't be much different this Saturday than it will be a month from now since breeding ratios have been separated.

I mean, most people got their silver lunars when they came out yesterday, and tomorrow those should hatch, letting people get a second batch. So long as they catch the second batch by midnight Thursday, even that second batch should hatch by Saturday no matter what time it comes out.

It's crunching numbers to make sure you won't be locked, but it's definitely doable with incubates.

I wouldn't mind an Oct 3rd release but I really hope we don't get one this weekend. I'll still be collecting silver lunars.

I wouldn't mind an Oct 3rd release but I really hope we don't get one this weekend. I'll still be collecting silver lunars.

Yeah, either a Release of a pretty Common on Oct 3rd or a Flood of older Halloween eggs the week before Holiday breeding week would be great. laugh.gif Both, actually - shake the place up, and keep the Lunars from going invisible. xd.png

Yeah, either a Release of a pretty Common on Oct 3rd or a Flood of older Halloween eggs the week before Holiday breeding week would be great. laugh.gif Both, actually - shake the place up, and keep the Lunars from going invisible. xd.png

Now, THAT is a great idea!

An old Halloween flood would be glorious.

Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to take part in a new Release - if you're tired of New Release Mayhem - don't take part and get them later.

That would be an awesome choice, if only we could be sure that we can get them later. If all dragons were equally common, or we could know a newly released dragon was going to be common or at least uncommon, then many of us would be very happy to skip the release mayhem.

Unfortunately, coppers have taught us that if it's going to be rare, you better catch them on release day, because otherwise you probably won't get any CBs within a year or more, maybe not ever.

And since we never know the rarity of a new breed, we always have to assume they'll be rare. Which is what creates most of the release mayhem in the first place. sad.gif

I'd really like a new Release this weekend. I've gotten my Silver Lunars and am now just thumb-twiddling til they grow up. I bred a bunch of Lunars yesterday (to the AP) - so bring it on! wink.gif

Unfortunately, coppers have taught us that if it's going to be rare, you better catch them on release day, because otherwise you probably won't get any CBs within a year or more, maybe not ever.

And since we never know the rarity of a new breed, we always have to assume they'll be rare. Which is what creates most of the release mayhem in the first place. sad.gif

There's that, and there's also a subconsious paranoia that the moment you start turning your attention to other projects, suddenly that breed you REEEEALLY wanted but were putting off because you had a hard time getting it is suddenly… discontinued!

(Which is definitely not the whole story, but there's nothing like that possibility to make you frantic to make SURE that you have some for lineage projects

gotta catch 'em all)

I selfishly hope we don't have a new release this weekend. I will be locked with silver Lunars (well, that's the plan, at least) and I will not drop those for a new release. If it happens, I guess I'll just have to hope that they are dirt-common so I can get some later on. Or hybrids. Hybrids would be cool.

Edited by Marie19R

Kinda hoping for a release at/near the end of the month.  :3

The last week of October will be Halloween breeding season, our once-yearly chance to breed, AP-catch, gift or swap for various lineages which may be worked on only on that annual basis - while saving room as appropriate for the Halloween New Release, where we're allowed as many as we can cram on our scrolls on Halloween Day itself.

The week prior to that would be great for an older Halloween dragon Flood, although I doubt many of us are holding our ever-hopeful breath for that. It's a lovely fantasy, though, and one I plan to cling to even as hope zombifies.

And that's another thing - Halloween Day is the only time those who want 'em (I don't, and wouldn't kill dragons for them even if I did,) can try for Zombies! Oddly, I haven't heard people talking about those this year; usually a lot of people discuss their preparations, since so many attempts remain dead and it seemingly takes a lot of dead dragons for success...

But, yeah, failing the older Halloween Flood, (*sniffles*) a nice Release of a single pretty Common the week-end after this one would be great, add a little more variety before what I fear may be another long dry spell regarding regular New Releases...

The Spirit Wards alone make a difference, being both pretty and new enough that people will often take an extra here and there - good to have a change from so often seeing the same eggs over and over that almost everyone already has enough of.

I'll be sitting in DC at 00:00 AM cave time on Saturday. And again at 1PM. And... and... and... And I'll be so disappointed if a new release does not happen by Monday sad.gif

Really hope there's a Hybrid running around this time. We need more of those. As for old Halloweens, I'm not a big fan of that idea ( would be cool) but nah, also have an iou I need to finishing filling before the halloween breeding.

So Please!!!!! with tons of sugar have a hybrid release this weekend since majoriy are collecting LHs still

I am of two minds about a release this month. On the one hand, I like getting pretty new release to collect. But on the other hand, I still have several of this year's earlier releases to catch up on for my personal scroll goals. I only have three silver lunar heralds and three blue lunar heralds, when I need five CB breeding pairs of each for my scroll. I haven't even managed to grab 1 breeding pair of some of the xenowyrms yet. And with the holiday releases rush soon to be coming up, it is only going to be that much more crazy and hectic.

All of that being said, I don't think I would mind a very common or hybrid new release however. Something that is nice, easy and stress free for everyone to catch/breed. I also like the idea of an October 3rd release to give me another free weekend for catching silver lunars (*fingers crossed*) and other needed eggs for scroll goals.

I'm hoping for a release this weekend, but then I just really enjoy releases in general. Don't care if it's common, rare, NDEG, hybrid, 1 breed, 10 breeds, whatever.

The last week of October will be Halloween breeding season....

I hope you know I was referring to THIS month not October, since this is September release discussion.

Obviously there's DC's Halloween event then. (which I've missed every one..)

Despite me missing every single one though(I hope to try and get at least 1 of each i missed as 2G), I still think there should be plenty of time to get ready for the Halloween breeding and event, with the release of a new batch of dragons at at the end of this month. Just kinda hoping for something not like Lunars again(though I love these dragons), as they might interfere with holiday. x.x

Was there a release last year in the end September?

Im locked but bring it xd.png

I have literally 1 egg slot xd.png

I love that old halloween flood idea!

I hope you know I was referring to THIS month not October, since this is September release discussion.

Obviously there's DC's Halloween event then. (which I've missed every one..)

Despite me missing every single one though(I hope to try and get at least 1 of each i missed as 2G), I still think there should be plenty of time to get ready for the Halloween breeding and event, with the release of a new batch of dragons at at the end of this month. Just kinda hoping for something not like Lunars again(though I love these dragons), as they might interfere with holiday. x.x

Was there a release last year in the end September?

Pyralspites were September iirc, but I can't remember which end of the month they dropped on.

Pyralspites were September iirc, but I can't remember which end of the month they dropped on.

Pyralspites were released on the 20th of September last year.

I wouldn't mind having a September release as long as it's 1 Common breed that is easy to catch.

On the other hand I wouldn't mind having a little break until the Halloween event. I am raising cheeses right now for my Ungendered Zombification plans, so between that and 2G Lunar Herald breedings, I'm sure I can keep myself entertained if we don't get a September release smile.gif

I'm hoping for a release this weekend, but then I just really enjoy releases in general. Don't care if it's common, rare, NDEG, hybrid, 1 breed, 10 breeds, whatever.

I would prefer a "normal" common or rare but I'm with Odeen here... Please release! Please release this weekend, whatever release it will be smile.gif

Edited by NotBambi