Ansela Jonla

September release

Anyone else getting Maint. in the Cave?? Wierd that it is so early....30 mins. early.

Yep, me too.

But honestly, I'd totally sacrifice the Sept release in favor of getting some site-maintenance done. TJ has said he's working on putting the in-cave clock on all the skins, for example. And there are still multiple "new" releases that are not in the Encyclopedia.

Ironic timing!

I'm hoping for either a hybrid or a break - with the trade-off that we'll get a between-holidays release this year. Something for that long spell when the only new dragons can't be bred till next year, because that was frustrating last time.

Edit: Um. Maintenance ended, so I froze a hatchie and went to sort it into place. 'Alternate Custom Sort' displayed all several hundred dragons in one single column. That was a loooooot of scrolling.

Edited by Gryphonic

Personally I wouldn't mind a break at all. I still have to collect a bunch of dragons from the last several releases, along with my other scroll goals and several breeding projects that have come to a near standstill with all the massive releases of late. It would be nice not to have to worry about it and just breed what I like for a while... but I know that attitude is very much in the minority.

I agree totally. Maybe we're not quite such a small minority. smile.gif

Personally I'm ready for a new dragon - I'm more or less sick of waiting for the other shoe to drop with these Lunars. Get it OVER with. And I really hope we DO get a between the Holidays Release - it just gets SOOO boring during that long lag.

I froze a hatchie and went to sort it into place.  'Alternate Custom Sort' displayed all several hundred dragons in one single column.  That was a loooooot of scrolling.

It did this to me, too. I had to do a hard refresh (ctrl+F5) to fix it. It's back to normal now.

To stay on topic, with the first Silver Lunars projected to show up on Monday and the last weekend of the month being next weekend, I'm personally going to say we won't have a release in September. That would be less than a week apart between releases, and while TJ's released multiple eggs at a time, it's very, very rare to have two separate releases so close together.

Personally, I'm ready to start thinking Halloween! I'm hoping to get a few more Zombies this year, and I hope our Halloween dragon has some sort of vampire theme to it.

Edited by Millie_Azure

I've still got my fingers crossed for a new hybrid of some sort. there's so much room for pretty hybrids... biggrin.gif

I just realized we have one weekend for a September release left--that is unless something happens in the wee early AM tomorrow.

I've still got my fingers crossed for a new hybrid of some sort. there's so much room for pretty hybrids... biggrin.gif

Same. I think the only way we'll get a release this month is through a hybrid of some kind. That way people won't be quite as scrambled to get new eggs and so people (like me) could put off worrying about it for a while. tongue.gif

A hybrid would be so cool. Fingers crossed!

I just read the posts in this thread and I was honestly amazed that so many people want a new release already while we're not even done with the last one. Granted, it is not a new breed, but every colour is a new dragon to collect and be appreciated. The silver one will no doubt be popular as we waited for them for so long and people will be totally scroll-locked next week. I don't see how a new release on that weekend would make any sense.

Personally, I'd do anything for a small break. Years ago when I started playing DC there were no new releases every month, and it was a lot less stressful. Yes, it' s nice that there are new dragons being released now more frequently, but I for my part never needed one literally each month.

But maybe I'm just an old-fashioned person. I look at my godchildren or children of friends on their birthdays and once they've unwrapped a present they barely look at their gifts but are asking for the next one in a bit of a frenzy because they've learnt that they can expect these many presents. Many people seem to get bored so easily and nothing holds their interest for long nowadays. Times have changed and people are used to a much quicker pace today.

I for my part would love to have some time for finishing collections or breeding and with site updates (the full-hour lag is still awful) and encyclopedia updates. Also, two holiday releases are coming up with no doubt big DC events accompanying them.

So if there's a new one - nice. If not, I'm fine with it. smile.gif

I'd be fine whether we got a new release or not. Though I am hoping for either no release or a hybrid. It would allow for time to work on my breeding projects and not have to try to work on both getting the new breed and advancing my breeding projects.

I'm fine with no release this month. With Silver Lunars on the way most people will be focusing on them so I don't think people will mind too much if there isn't one. Just gives us a chance to look forward to Halloween

I just read the posts in this thread and I was honestly amazed that so many people want a new release already while we're not even done with the last one. Granted, it is not a new breed, but every colour is a new dragon to collect and be appreciated. The silver one will no doubt be popular as we waited for them for so long and people will be totally scroll-locked next week. I don't see how a new release on that weekend would make any sense.

Personally, I'd do anything for a small break. Years ago when I started playing DC there were no new releases every month, and it was a lot less stressful. Yes, it' s nice that there are new dragons being released now more frequently, but I for my part never needed one literally each month.

But maybe I'm just an old-fashioned person. I look at my godchildren or children of friends on their birthdays and once they've unwrapped a present they barely look at their gifts but are asking for the next one in a bit of a frenzy because they've learnt that they can expect these many presents. Many people seem to get bored so easily and nothing holds their interest for long nowadays. Times have changed and people are used to a much quicker pace today.

I for my part would love to have some time for finishing collections or breeding and with site updates (the full-hour lag is still awful) and encyclopedia updates. Also, two holiday releases are coming up with no doubt big DC events accompanying them.

So if there's a new one - nice. If not, I'm fine with it. smile.gif

I 100% agree with this. I would just like a little space to breathe. It's not like I'm saying we should go back to a release maybe once a year, but would it be so bad to skip over for a month? If people are so bored with the game they can't stand that, then maybe they need a few more hobbies. I'm not trying to say that in a mean way, but I have several online collecting games that I play and it works out nicely. When I'm bored here I go there, and vice versa. I rarely get bored with my hobbies overall, and it confuses me when people say they get bored here. I don't know how. I have so many scroll goals to achieve, I wouldn't get them all done even if we did get a year-long break from releasing new dragons.

Probably I'm sounding like a broken record but... I'm in DC to collect /adopt sprites. So, for what I'm concerned, there is no reason to not have releases. Monthly, weekly, daily. There is nobody forcing people to catch new releases if they don't want to. Please gimme more and more releases. Hybrids are cool but, my playstyle does not involve breeding. I would prefer if they were not the only option

Probably I'm sounding like a broken record but... I'm in DC to collect /adopt sprites. So, for what I'm concerned, there is no reason to not have releases. Monthly, weekly, daily.  There is nobody forcing people to catch new releases if they don't want to. Please gimme more and more  releases. Hybrids are cool but, my playstyle does not involve breeding. I would prefer if they were not the only option

But if I skip a release I may never find the eggs for a long, *long* time--see Copper dragons. I breed a lot, but my scroll goals lean heavily toward collecting lots of CBs. It would hurt me to ignore a release, in case they end up rare or uncatchable for literally years, since I am pretty much the worst at catching things in the cave. I only caught a Xeno recently (as in since they stopped being mass-dropped) by being a partial insomniac.

Edited by silver_chan

Probably I'm sounding like a broken record but... I'm in DC to collect /adopt sprites. So, for what I'm concerned, there is no reason to not have releases. Monthly, weekly, daily.  There is nobody forcing people to catch new releases if they don't want to. Please gimme more and more  releases. Hybrids are cool but, my playstyle does not involve breeding. I would prefer if they were not the only option

I agree w/ you.

However, I can also relate to people not wanting to struggle with catching even more cb new dragons, when this release isn't even technically done.

For the most part, the only thing people genuinely fear, is the predicted chaos that will come from trying to catch CB silver lunars + having to catch a theoretical new dragon. But, I imagine, with time, this issue would resolve itself depending on how common said dragon(s) is/are.

It could go either way, I have no issue with a regular, cave born, release and I would actually prefer it since hybrids don't interest me. I don't mind patiently waiting for things to calm down no matter how hectic they could be... but that's just me.

Edited by DragonKing1337

I don't want a September release - I don't especially want a November release, or a January one. I'm not yet caught up (four adults, three frozen) on Gemshards, and that was March - or Magelights, or Hooktalons, or Spotted Drakes, or any of the Xenowyrms, OR Spirit Wards, and certainly not Lunars. And I'm working hard to breed a mate for my extremely messy Holly, and time's running out there. I'm so far behind, and goodness I'd like a couple months to breathe. New dragons are great, just not so many.

I'm neutral on this for now... I wouldn't mind a new release on the 26th or 27th.. but I wouldn't mind if we skipped September and just waited for the Halloween release either.

My breeding projects and breeding requests aren't that much of a priority.. they'll still be there when the new release hype dies down. New releases are wonderful tho IMO, because they keep the game interesting and give me more to do.

However, if we do get a September release, I think it might be best if it was a hybrid. That way folk won't get stressed about getting them ASAP. So if they aren't worried about release dated dragons, they can wait and breed the new hybrids whenever they have time and scroll space.

I'm thinking that the Release of a single pretty Common on the first week-end of October would give us time to catch Silver Lunars and then take some of the heat of off them so that they're less likely to become too hard for most to catch down the road.

That would be the 3rd of the month and give us 2 weeks to load up on a Common, (we'd only need one week, most likely,) prior to the breeding season starting for Halloween, and that combination ought to help keep the Lunars from going invisible on us slower people. And I'll still be hoping for a New Release at the end of November... Yeah, I know, but Releases (at least when everyone can catch them,) get the biomes moving and are fun! laugh.gif

Maybe the September release will come out at the same time as the Silver Lunar Heralds.

If you want to talk about excitement.

smile.gif

Maybe the September release will come out at the same time as the Silver Lunar Heralds.

If you want to talk about excitement.

smile.gif

Lol, but the head explosions would scare off the dragons!

We're mostly all too afraid of not being able to catch our respective 'enoughs' of the Lunars as it is, and I'm afraid that any other dragons released at that particular time would get trampled in the rush. We'd be walking on eggshells for weeks!

Personally, I'd rather see a just-after-September Release, perhaps termed the 'Late For School' or 'Sorry, Slept In' Release...

New releases are always a reason to celebrate for me, but I don't think hoping for one is realistic. Those lunar dragons were a great job and not just for the spriter. Most likely they required a lot of coding. I think TJ deserves a break especially with halloween looming and I am not about to nagg him for new species right now.

New releases are always a reason to celebrate for me, but I don't think hoping for one is realistic. Those lunar dragons were a great job and not just for the spriter. Most likely they required a lot of coding. I think TJ deserves a break especially with halloween looming and I am not about to nagg him for new species right now.

I would. The Lunar release has just been too too - too long, too complicated etc. A Release that takes an entire month? I'd love to be looking for a new type of egg tonight instead of just another re-color. I LIKE new Releases - new types of dragons are the reason DC is here for us - to COLLECT new types of dragon eggs. Nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head and forcing them to take part in a new Release - if you're tired of New Release Mayhem - don't take part and get them later.

I'm also neutral on this right now. I need to stock up on BSA's for this approaching Halloween as its my first real holiday event. I wouldn't mind if there was a September release, if there wasn't, oh well.

I don't want a September release - I don't especially want a November release, or a January one. I'm not yet caught up (four adults, three frozen) on Gemshards, and that was March - or Magelights, or Hooktalons, or Spotted Drakes, or any of the Xenowyrms, OR Spirit Wards, and certainly not Lunars. And I'm working hard to breed a mate for my extremely messy Holly, and time's running out there. I'm so far behind, and goodness I'd like a couple months to breathe. New dragons are great, just not so many.

I'm sorry that you still have to catch up even if I can't understand why: Gemshards, Magelights, Hooktalons, Spotted Drakes, Spirit Wards are common as dirt. But I'm not sure why people that have been "religiously" catching every release should wait months and months to have new eggs. Last year there were no "common" releases from September to March. Maybe some people "caught up" and "breathed" but people like me were quite frustrated.