sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

I searched, couldn't find a thread. If there is already one please direct me to it.

For those in the USA, most of us have our favourite candidates and our least favourites for the upcoming 2016 presidential election... Share yours! Are you with the republican or democrat party? Or another? Who are you voting for (or would vote for, if you can't vote yet)? If you had to vote for any candidate from the other party, who would it be?

Keep it civil wink.gif

Clinton scares me (and is shady as censorkip.gif), and pretty much every Repub candidate terrifies me. I'd love to see if Sanders could follow through in enacting the changes he proposes if given the chance.

Edited by Omega Entity

I'm waiting to hear who ends up as the Green Party nomination this year. Stein may run again and I was really fond of her politics the last presidential run. I also really liked her VP pick.

Sanders isn't bad but is still kinda meh for me. I just don't like our system at all - there's no change in politics really because they all just wanna keep themselves in power and that's about it. >_e

I'm rooting for Sanders. I think he's the only half-decent candidate. With Clinton all that email stuff threw her wayyy out of the picture.

Clinton's my favorite. I just wish I could have voted for her the first time she ran.

If I could vote, I would vote Bernie Sanders. Definitely wouldn't want to see Trump running America.

Definitely wouldn't want to see Trump running America.

Agreed. That'd be scary.

Not a big fan of bernie, since he won't stand for "Black lives matter," but I'd rather him than any of the tea party or republicans. I'll be voting for Clinton, most likely.

Not a big fan of bernie, since he won't stand for "Black lives matter," but I'd rather him than any of the tea party or republicans. I'll be voting for Clinton, most likely.

I'm pretty sure he does stand for it.

^This. Just because he wasn't thrilled about a group of obnoxious people yelling over him at his own rally without giving him a chance to respond, doesn't mean he's against them.

Seriously, they should have done that at some Repub's rally. At least Sanders marched with MLK.

Bernie Sanders, anyone else is too shady or too much of a idiot to run america. Repubs would only be good for bombing ISIS and the rest of africa to death.

Seriously, they should have done that at some Repub's rally. At least Sanders marched with MLK.

They've appeared at several rallies INCLUDING republicans (here's Jeb Bush). Why shouldn't they also do it at Sanders? It's not like white people are the great authority on racism, even if they are liberal. Liberals have done and supported plenty of racist acts. Sanders just got more attention because:

1. He's gained a ton of attention really quickly, so anything that happens with him is going to get attention

2. People are trying to act like because he's a democrat he can't be racist and it was therefore unfair to show up at his function

3. (White) people are trying to keep up support of him so that Clinton doesn't beat him in primaries which results in them being overly defensive of Sanders

They shouldn't have crashed Sander's rally, or any candidate's rally for that matter.

They shouldn't have crashed Sander's rally, or any candidate's rally for that matter.

This.

All lives do matter and I do not agree with trashing someones speech randomly to gain attention. I have other opinions on this but I do not think I should be sharing them here.

Anyway, I am pretty much for Clinton or Sanders. I do not want to live in a place that is ran by Trump. He is unsupportive of womens rights, accuses immigrants of being rapists and a whole slew of other bull he has spread.

A lot of things bother me with what has been going on lately. I'm very tired of a lot of things and fed up with several others. I hope Clinton or Sanders can help fix these issues and Trump is just going to cause more. Same with Jeb Bush if he gets in. I do not want another 4-8 years with Bush or Trump. I don't think I could vote for a single republican this time around if I had to. None of them have anything I can agree with.

Agreed. Being inconsiderate jerks isn't the best strategy to sway people to a cause, and does more damage than good imo.

Edited by Omega Entity

Whoever you vote for, please DO VOTE. People so often think they can't make a difference, but so many people end up thinking this that we get really different outcomes than what was expected. Make SURE you are registered and have your voter card. Don't rely on the DMV. My husband registered and never got his card; apparently that happens a lot through the DMV.

"Nice" activism doesn't achieve anything. "Nice" activism is silenced activism. Presidential campaigns for two party candidates are largely watched and heard. These are people who are being murdered on the streets for simply existing. Why shouldn't they take advantage someplace where their voices might be heard? At the very least, it's a message to candidates - we're not just going to go away; we're here and we deserve to live.

Sadly over in the UK the only candidate I've heard any real details on is Trump - and he sounds like a bigger mistake than Bush.

Who are the candidates....... I am aussie but I still wanna give my opinion.....

Keep in mind that we have not voted in any primaries yet, so there's a ton of candidates for each party still.

This site is kinda disorganized, but it lists all the major names with a tiny bit of information: http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/

All lives do matter

I just gotta say that this all lives matter ideal battling black lives matter is a problem. Maybe that was a poor choice of words, but it's not like by saying black lives matter that no one else's does. It's just that there's an importance of black lives bc well look at all that's happening.

That said, I think I heard somewhere that the protestors crashing in on Sander weren't actually officially affiliated with Black Lives Matter. I agree with SockPuppet Strangler though. If they want their voices heard they can't just be nice, because unfortunately that doesn't get you very far anymore...

Keep in mind that we have not voted in any primaries yet, so there's a ton of candidates for each party still.

This site is kinda disorganized, but it lists all the major names with a tiny bit of information: http://2016.presidential-candidates.org/

Thank you for posting that site. I can't believe how many people have declared candidacy! Now to wade through the list and see if there is anyone I could vote for. blink.gif

Why do I get the feeling they'll elect Trump, and then everyone except a select few are going to regret it.