sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

Who knows. I will say that for ohio, a valuable swing state with a track record of picking winners, Trump may not have enough republican support here. Ohio republicans are loyal to Kasich. So much so that the guy beat out Trump in the primaries.

Hillary actually has a pretty decent chance of getting it in my opinion.

I had so hoped that Kasich would be chosen as Republican nominee. I'm not a Republican but the guy sounded like the most reasonable Republican candidate.

The majority of the people I know intend to not vote at all, many for a 3rd candidate. I'm predicting that Trump will win thanks to that. Oh well...

I've heard a lot of this and a lot of no voters. I'm quite terrified that Trump is going to win, as well. I usually vote 3rd party, but I know it's more of a statement than a vote. However, this year? I just 5000% do not want to risk allowing Trump in. I am not a fan of Hillary's politics, but she's far better than the rapist/pedophile Trump.

I don't want to see us have a "Brexit" Where enough people say their votes don't matter or try to make a statement that he wins. Early on I didn't think too badly of him. Now that more has come out, he's terrifying... And his VP pick is no better. Pence. Who wants to make abortion illegal even in cases of rape, incest and to save the mother. Trump literally has the KKK openly applauding him. Horrifying...

And I agree, kudos to Kasich for standing up for himself instead of folding to the Clique. He was my pick of the whole lot if I could have had one.

Edited by Vhale

I love Donald Trump. He is an Alpha male who says what he means and means what he says. He is not pc and that is why most people don't like him. I want someone in the White House who will fight for America and stand up to other countries, and that is Donald Trump. He will treat our allies with respect and our enemies with contempt.

I wouldn't give two cents for most of the cheap clowns who have been President, especially the apologist who is currently the President, afraid of his own shadow, who probably wet his pants and hid under his bed during Benghazi and other crises.

In addition to being hardworking and honest, and afraid of nothing, Donald Trump is a very shrewd businessman who will turn this country around financially.

I can't wait until he is the next President and can wipe out the memories of the last two clowns who held that office. It will be a long road back, but he can do it.

Donald Trump is not a politician. He could have lived the rest of his life in his penthouse in New York, rich and getting richer, but he chose to save the nation.

I love Donald Trump. He is an Alpha male who says what he means and means what he says. He is not pc and that is why most people don't like him. I want someone in the White House who will fight for America and stand up to other countries, and that is Donald Trump. He will treat our allies with respect and our enemies with contempt.

I wouldn't give two cents for most of the cheap clowns who have been President, especially the apologist who is currently the President, afraid of his own shadow, who probably wet his pants and hid under his bed during Benghazi and other crises.

In addition to being hardworking and honest, and afraid of nothing, Donald Trump is a very shrewd businessman who will turn this country around financially.

I can't wait until he is the next President and can wipe out the memories of the last two clowns who held that office. It will be a long road back, but he can do it.

Donald Trump is not a politician. He could have lived the rest of his life in his penthouse in New York, rich and getting richer, but he chose to save the nation.

Hardworking, honest and very shrewd businessman? Are we talking about the same Donald Trump that brags about FOUR business bankruptcies within 25 years ? The same Trump that left behind non-paid employees, contractors and other debtors while receiving copious amounts for himself? He will do the same with the USA. Bankrupt it and leave everybody behind to pick up the mess while he walks away richer than before. Save the nation? What a joke.

Edited by NotBambi

I am not an American, but I have been following what has been happening during the Presidential election in America and I am pretty sure Trump is neither of what are you claiming, StormBirdRising. He seems to the rest of the world as an obnoxious sexist loudmouth, and I really think he is a joke, running for President. What is more, it scares me that he is so supported by many Americans (or so does it seem to be), which is truly sad...

If he will be elected, then I think the world would have a huge collective facepalm then laugh till they are on the floor. Many of his ideas seem similar to Hitler's, and you saw what happened in that case... And the copied discourse of his wife...lmao.

I don't really support either Clinton or Trump, but honestly, anything is better than Trump. I really am curious how things will turn out, but so far,as someone else pointed out, these elections are a joke.

Anything is better than World War Three. Trump has already made a... few... foregin politicians mad. Mad politicians tends to lead to war, and we all kniw how WW1 and WW2 went... yeah. Clinton? Not my first chouce, but she has not made as many foregin politicans mad.

Question: What does every Americn with non-US citizen family or without a US citizenship think of Trump?

I myself (US citizen with Canadian family, my imnediate family live in the States) hate him after his attacks on immigration, as my family immigrated from Canada to the US. He wants to block immigration... which might lead to a embargo on leaving. Then, where would my family be? If we canot go home or get a US citizenship... I shudder. Trump might deport my family, even if we are legal immigrants. And he could block any noncitizen from getting citizenship. I know I sound alarmist... but... look at history. People seem to like going down the slipery slope. And history tends to repeat itself... Even if what I said applies to Mexicans right now, chances are it could soon apply to other countries...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I've heard a lot of this and a lot of no voters. I'm quite terrified that Trump is going to win, as well. I usually vote 3rd party, but I know it's more of a statement than a vote. However, this year? I just 5000% do not want to risk allowing Trump in. I am not a fan of Hillary's politics, but she's far better than the rapist/pedophile Trump.

That's exactly what I was gonna say. If it was between Hillary and someone else, I'd be more inclined to vote 3rd party. But I'm too terrified of Trump to risk my vote like that. At least Hillary has experience with all of this.

Yeah Hilary and Trump are both pretty awful, but Hilary is at least a safer choice. Trump will say and do anything that gets an extreme reaction, because as he says, there is no such thing as bad publicity. Not to mention the fact he has no background on dealing with government AT ALL and can't even run his own businesses right.

I thought it was sarcasm...

or at least I read it that way....

I thought it was sarcasm...

or at least I read it that way....

I'll believe that sarcasm was intended when/if StormBirdRising posts that. So far, reading the latest and the previous posts, I don't. But... you know... everybody got the right to have an opinion.

Can you guys please vote for someone already? It's been rumbling on for long enough...

I refuse to vote for a candidate that seems to be running a campaign that is hate based, and devoid of any policies at all (so far).

I'm beginning to really not like Mr. Trump, he somehow reminds me of Benito Mussolini with all of his posturing.

David Duke (KKK grand dragon) is now running for Senate because he thinks recent events show the country had pushed itself back in his favor.

Trump's new running mate, Pence, thinks condoms are "too modern" and thinks people should not be taught they are useful for preventing disease.

Trump himself, has been blackballed by American banks after his many bankruptcies (SIX, not four) and his recent ventures have been financed by Russia. His manager is also someone that spent 10 years there. Beyond the whole, never actually gives to charities when he says he does, it's expected his unreleased taxes would show just how close those ties are. The only plank he focused attention on at the convention was forcing the Republican party to cut the plank that says we'll support the Ukraine if Russia attacks it.

And now he's come out in support of Roger Ailies against the 20 women that have accused him of sexual harassement and said they should have been more grateful to Roger for the help he gave them.

Well. Newt Gingrich promises that Trump will issue 300 executive orders on his first day in office. More than Obama issues in 8 years. I can guess they'll be anti-planned parenthood. Pro-russia. Anti-healthcare. Anti-EPA. Anti-regulations. Maybe they'll get down to selling the national parks again. Anti-gay marriage. Anti-healthcare.

I'm sorry. I don't see where Hillary is anywhere near Trump's level of evil when you listen to what the man says he will do. There's also the fact that Republican's have aggressively gerrymandered out votes so he's already got a leg up on winning. I'm not willing to risk the country going to this nightmare.

For all my concerns about Theresa May and our leaving the EU, I can say that I still much prefer our situation to the idea of a blustering egomaniac using the country as his personal play-pen.

I was born in the US, (Georgia ftw) and now reside in the UK, and I do NOT want Trump to win the election. Even my friends here in the UK don't want him in power.

If Trump gets in power, you can say goodbye to any human rights.

Bye Bye Gay Marriage! Bye Bye Healthcare! Bye Bye economy! Ect, ect.

Hello Racism! Hello Homophia! Hello stupidly high taxes, ect, ect.

He'll most likely take from the poor to give to the rich.

Or start a war just because he feels like it because he's a freaking madman. And he probably won't deliver on a word he says, anyway.

Even with how much the UK screwed up by leaving the EU won't come close to how messed up america will be if Trump is elected...

idec if I sound uneducated, I just hate the man, and would despise seeing him in power.

I'll believe that sarcasm was intended when/if StormBirdRising posts that. So far, reading the latest and the previous posts, I don't. But... you know... everybody got the right to have an opinion.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I love Donald Trump and will be voting for him. My father got his citizenship by joining the US Military and fighting for the United States. It took some of my relatives four years to immigrate to the US legally. I believe, like Donald Trump does, that we have to stop illegal immigration. The United States is a sovereign nation, with borders, and with a way to become a citizen legally.

When illegals sneak into the country and get welfare, section 8 housing, and free medical benefits, it puts an undue burden on legal citizens who pay taxes and have a right to expect that their tax dollars will be used to further American ideals and to keep our country a sovereign nation.

As I have stated before in this thread, allowing illegals to live in the US and get benefits in the US is the same thing as spitting on the graves of those who joined the military to get citizenship legally and fought and died for this country.

Right now the US is bankrupt, we owe about 18 trillion dollars more than we have in resources. We've lost our sterling credit rating with the World Bank and the government keeps on spending.

The next President will inherit one giant mess. One candidate will continue to add to that mess and one candidate will clean it up. I'm voting for the one who will clean it up.

When illegals sneak into the country and get welfare, section 8 housing, and free medical benefits, it puts an undue burden on legal citizens who pay taxes and have a right to expect that their tax dollars will be used to further American ideals and to keep our country a sovereign nation.

As I have stated before in this thread, allowing illegals to live in the US and get benefits in the US is the same thing as spitting on the graves of those who joined the military to get citizenship legally and fought and died for this country.

I don't understand the hate for immigrants. I really don't and I never will.

I'm going to Godwin's Law myself here by linking this, but some of this is relevant anyway, so whatever.

This article is from October 2015. http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-comparing-...-perfect-sense/ #5 is what I will address here in particular. EDIT: language warning! Sorry for not adding it at first

Quote from #5:

And, make no mistake, filling the jobs left behind by immigrants being forced out of this country is absolutely a need he'll have to address. We learned that the hard way when Georgia imposed strict enforcement of bans on employing undocumented workers. Farmers quickly lost an astounding 40 percent of their workforce and, in turn, about $140 million in crops that were left untended due to labor shortages. When they tried to stop the bleeding by "allowing" prison inmates to do the work instead, the plan failed when most of them balked at being asked to perform such grueling tasks.

So ... he's going to sell teens on deporting immigrants by promising that they'll get sweet farming jobs that even criminals don't want?

Undocumented workers made up forty percent of the farm workforce in Georgia. For those who didn't read the article, here's the link where that stat is presented: https://mic.com/articles/8272/alabama-illeg...s-farm-business

Here's a quote from that link:

Many farmers want to hire local workers, but it is increasingly difficult to find U.S. natives with the proper skills. Few are willing or able to perform the physically taxing and low paying labor which requires them to move with the crops, even with wages of $15-$20 an hour. Georgia recently experimented with creating a program that allowed parolees to work as farm laborers, but it was unsuccessful when they wouldn’t — or couldn’t — endure the grueling days.

Emphasis mine.

'Nother link: http://nfwm.org/education-center/farm-work...rs-immigration/

Quote:

Farm workers are the key to the U.S. food system, and although our population relies on their labor to put food on the table, these workers lack basic rights, face exploitation and live in fear of reporting abuses.

While farm workers run the gamut of being U.S. citizens, legal permanent residents, seasonal laborers on special guest worker visas, or undocumented workers, most are affected by immigration status; it is estimated that at least 6 out of 10 of our country’s farm workers are undocumented (Southern Poverty Law Center). The vast majority of workers–78%, according to the most recent National Agricultural Workers Survey– is foreign-born and crossed a border to get here (NAWS, Farmworker Justice).

Emphasis mine.

The bottom line is that immigrants are incredibly important and the idea that they take American jobs is not wholly truthful. Sure, those farm jobs are American jobs, but I don't know any of my American friends who would take one.

Yes, we should encourage people to immigrate legally, but jettisoning all the people here illegally from this country is going to cause more problems than it would solve. If this is something Trump actually plans to try should he be elected, he needs to have a very solid, surefire plan as to how that's going to work, considering what I've quoted above.

The next President will inherit one giant mess. One candidate will continue to add to that mess and one candidate will clean it up. I'm voting for the one who will clean it up.

Trump is just as likely to make things worse. He has spouted off racist, misogynistic, ugly, hateful things his entire campaign and people are buying it. He has the support of some of the worst this country has to offer, like the KKK.

His views are socially backwards and fundamentally unacceptable. This is not okay and not once should it ever have been.

Trump makes me embarrassed to be American, because he claims to be American while spouting off all these ugly things. That's not what America is supposed to be, at least not the way I was taught.

Edited by Infinis

I don't understand the hate for immigrants. I really don't and I never will.

Your statement is the crux of the hatred and vitriol towards Donald Trump, and obviously towards myself. I never mentioned anything about hating immigrants and neither has Donald Trump.

You choose to misunderstand me and perpetuate a lie by saying that I hate immigrants. I dispassionately gave my opinion and you turn it into something ugly and vile.

People like you are the reason I don't have a Donald Trump sign on my front lawn. I don't want it burned down and don't want the people who hate Donald Trump spreading vicious lies about me, the way they do about Donald Trump.

But besides the illegal immigrants issue...

The president has the role of chief diplomat...which negotiates with other countries.

I don't think Donald Trump can do that.

I mean...look at all the countries that is already pissed at him.

Where would the US be without its allies?

I think at the end of the day...Trump is not qualified to be the president (not that I sway with Clinton either..both of them would be a nightmare)

But besides the illegal immigrants issue...

The president has the role of chief diplomat...which negotiates with other countries.

I don't think Donald Trump can do that.

I mean...look at all the countries that is already pissed at him.

Where would the US be without its allies?

I think at the end of the day...Trump is not qualified to be the president (not that I sway with Clinton either..both of them would be a nightmare)

At the rate Trump is going he'll have the whole world pissed off at him. :/

What terrifies me is how many people are buying into what he's saying. What does it say about a person's views when white supremacists voice their support for them?

We're not supposed to be going backwards as a society, but Trump's campaign really feels like it's trying to send us back to more horrifying times...I don't want to be a part of that.

Clinton is also a terrible option; she's been plagued with so many scandals. But with the things Trump is saying, Clinton is really feeling like the lesser of two evils. I want to vote for Gary Johnson but he doesn't really have a chance. ;__; I'll probably end up voting for Clinton in the end.

Infinis, you make very, very good points. The farm worker point is a worrying one. What does it say rhat Americans seem to not like farming? That could ruin us with someone like Trump at the helm. Then there's the whole "white men are the best" thing. And making foregin leaders mad. Trump does not care about you if you are: a female, have skin darker than white, are not American, a minority. That last one? Miniorities are not just races. They include the disabled! Now, Trump has not outtight said the last one, but that is the general feeling I get from his campaign.

Trump has had bankrupt businesses. Now if he runs America like one of those businesses...

One other thing I am afraid of: My family just got our green cards a couple weeks ago. What if Trump decides to invalidate all green cards and visas? (Not something I would put past him...) We came to the States legally, but if he revokes our green cards we may as well run BACK to Canada. And then there are the people who haven't got visas or green cards yet and Trump might assume are illictly immigrating. It gets worse if you are not white. Trust me, the more I see, the more I think we should just go back to Canada. Or go to Sweden or Australia. I don't want any part in a wall being built between two nations. It's just like East/West Germany at that point!

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

No one candidate will ever 'clean up the mess' even if we give them five terms with which to do so.

Our country, like most things in life, is a work in progress. Sometimes we move forwards, sometimes we move back. It's all a matter of opinion. Besides, what is one person's mess is another person's hard work. Even if you don't agree with the results or how we got them.

I wish I had faith in any one candidate the way you have faith in who you have picked. Both candidates have some appeal. But both also have great potential to damage this country, each in their own way. The question is, who will cause the least harm. And who will move us in the direction we wish to go in.

I wonder if I can do a write-in. Is Betty White still available for the job?

Hillary Clinton was booed at the Democratic National Convention (DNC) today when it was discovered that the Democratic National Committee, who are all supposed to remain impartial, and not support Sanders or Clinton before the Convention, lobbied the 400 Democratic super delegates and convinced them to support Clinton to the detriment of Bernie Sanders, causing Sanders to concede before the convention when he realized he would not have the support of the super delegates.

When Sanders supporters found out what Clinton and the Committee did, they took to the streets in Philadelphia protesting Clinton's candidacy. They chanted "Lock Her Up" and carried signs saying "Hillary for Prison".

Clinton of course disclaimed any knowledge of it in much the same verbage she used when she denied knowing about Benghazi and knowing that she had sent top secret data over her private emails from a server that was not secure in violation of her oath of office as Secretary of State.

Bernie Sanders had been gaining momentum as the Democratic Presidential candidate, so much so that if he had been the Democratic candidate probably no Republican would have been able to beat him.