sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

I'm not live in US, but I'm hoping Trump wouldn't be elected. It will be tragedy for whole East Asia.

I'm all for Bernie Sanders...I seriously do NOT trust Hillary Clinton, but hey, anything's better than Trump!

I've decided on voting Sanders. He's the best candidate that--probably--won't screw this country up more than it already is!

Trump, duh!

I'm just kidding. I'm not really sure about Hillary Clinton... But I'm not really sure who I want to win, as long as it's not Trump.

Edited by DragonKami

I don't support any of the candidates, so I won't be voting for any of them. They all scare me. Honestly, I just don't want taxes to go up again. Sometimes when we try to bridge the gap between the rich and poor, taxes increase, and the middle man gets hit hard...ending up below average. I make decent money and I lose a lot to taxes already and then pay over 1500$/month on student loans which will be the next 15-20 years of my life. I feel like I can't get ahead, yet I do so much good in this world for others, sometimes I feel like I'm being penalized for helping people. Nurse life. That's my rant...my apologies. I needed to get that out of my system since I'm sad lol.

I'm not live in US, but I'm hoping Trump wouldn't be elected. It will be tragedy for whole East Asia.

It would be a tragedy for the entire world, mate.

I'm not American either, but I'm still highly invested in the election. The thing is that, whatever the result, it will affect the rest of the world because this is America we're talking about. "Anything but Trump" is all I'm hoping for these days, but I do think Bernie would make an excellent president. In an ideal world, I'd see him in power.

I'm not an American, but I can honestly say, I hope Trump doesn't gain power.

I'm in freaking Estonia and I'm still teriffied of him having any power over the world.

The world does not need a madman to rule one of the worlds most powerful countries, and having access to nuclear weapons, ect.

The world already has one of those anyway. >.<

That, and from what info I do know, he sounds like a complete censorkip.gif sexist, racist, homophobic, only cares about the rich, ect. And some of the things he's said sound insane. Like his comment about his daughter, his comment about "the media doesn't care as long as you've got a fine piece of censorkip.gif"

not to mention his quote about needing global warming because "its freezing in new york, which just proves he's also an idiot.

He's also extremely insensitive and generally just an awful, awful person.

So I honestly hope that you americans would please have some sense and not vote this madman for president.

Love, The rest of the world.

About an hour ago Donald Trump was formally nominated as the Republican candidate for President.

It is a great day for the United States. The next greatest day will be when he is elected President of the United States.

It was mostly on conservative blogs and sites, discussing how low class Obama was for daring to make such a remark.  Context, context, context.  You could tell he was embarrassed.

I haven't been following Trump all that closely as I prefer Carson, but I will have a look for some specific quotes from him.  However, again, always important to check the context and if the source material was cropped to make it sound worse than it was.  Our brilliant media has been guilty of that more than once.

Please provide facts: specific speech and specific remark. I researched a lot of Obama's speeches and found nothing. Just because conservative blogs and sites babbled about that does not mean that ever happened.

Trump is insane, an ignorant racist psycho. His 3rd wife... poor thing. And I can't stop giggling about her plagiarizing Ms. Obama. And the funniest part is that she had said that she wrote the speech almost all by herself.

Edited by NotBambi

I'm for Clinton.

Mainly because she is the one less likely to tick off other nations... and because I'm sorry, I can't support someone who attacks immigrants when my family are Canadian immigrants and I'm the only US citizen in the family because I was born close to where we now live. I also happen to not like how he acts towards ahyone not in power because I am a disabled female and therefore MUST be weak (hint hint stereotypes), so I am unworthy of being American to Trump. Also the whole "my parents and sister are Canadians and I'm dual American/Canadian" thing.

Before you ask for a source, Trump has made anti-immigration speeches, and has stated he does not like women, Latinoes, minorites (the disabled are counted as a minority),etc.

Trump supporters, I'm sure you have reasons to like him, so please do not take this personally - I believe you are personally a nice person if you're having a rational discussion here. And posting here - you peopke on this forum are very nice.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Clinton wouldn't have been my first choice. I like many of Bernie's ideas but I don't think he would have any chance to implement many of them.

But... if the choice is between Trump and Clinton, I'm ready to spend the next months volunteering for her.

Unfortunately, it's between Trump and Clinton now, even though I agree more with Sanders. Hopefully Clinton learned from the email thing. We do not need a repeat of WikiLeaks.

I would have to vote for Clinton. Trump seems very divisive.

I am very proud to have served my country

for 12 years as a US Marine.

as a US military contractor.

I would be very proud to have Donald Trump

as my Commander in Chief.

Donald Trump didn't turn this country into the mess

it is right now.

All I have to say is this:

If Americans like the way the country is right now,

with everything going on, all the chaos, all the divisiveness,

homeless veterans living in the streets,

and eating out of garbage cans,

then you should vote for Hillary Clinton,

because you will have 4, maybe 8 years

of the same thing.

But if you want a change then vote for Donald Trump,

because there isn't going to be any dark horse candidate

coming in to save us at the 11th hour.

I don't really like the man,

but at this point in time, in my opinion,

he's all we've got.

I was thinking how ironic would be if Trump got elected and, in consequence, for the first time, everybody would be able to see nude pics of a "First Lady" (or would that be Third Lady?) of the USA on the Internet. Very conservative rolleyes.gif

As for Hillary, I want to see her in stripes and behind bars, for life. Benghazi, the e-mail scandal, so many things.

Ultimately, what swings me in favor of Trump the most, is that he wants to end the Cold War, stop provoking Russia, withdraw from NATO. I'm sick and tired of all this "Russian threat!", "Russian agression" stuff. >_>

ROFLMAO wish ahead about Hillary, is never going to happen. You just gave me another reason to volunteer for her. To avoid unfair and unlawful prosecution. Keep going, you are just showing why Trumpists are dangerous and ignore laws.

And to be fair, Putin is the bully.

I'm 17 and unable to vote but this election is terrifying to me.

This is the state of the world that I'll have to become an adult in, and anything that hits the economy will greatly affect me, especially with student loans and such. I really disagree on a lot of social issues with Trump, but Hillary winning is equally is frightening. Seriously. I would not want World War III to start when I'm about to start college. Jeez.

for 12 years as a US Marine.

as a US military contractor.

I would be very proud to have Donald Trump

as my Commander in Chief.

Donald Trump didn't turn this country into the mess

it is right now.

All I have to say is this:

If Americans like the way the country is right now,

with everything going on, all the chaos, all the divisiveness,

homeless veterans living in the streets,

and eating out of garbage cans,

then you should vote for Hillary Clinton,

because you will have 4, maybe 8 years

of the same thing.

But if you want a change then vote for Donald Trump,

because there isn't going to be any dark horse candidate

coming in to save us at the 11th hour.

I don't really like the man,

but at this point in time, in my opinion,

he's all we've got.

I cannot vote for someone I do not like. Why don't you like him.? I like Clinton more than I like Trump, he's said nothing about anything right now, about how he'll change what's happing now.

When trying to figure out what a person's policies will be, I think it's best to look at past actions of state. Hillary was a popular Secretary of State and did negotiate some deals in the middle East. I don't care for her connection to Kissinger, but it is a point in her favor that she knows all the major players already and they know her. She can hit the ground running.

I see Hillary as a pretty vanilla politician. She's got a metric ton of experience, but I don't expect anything from her but same-old. Granted, she was an original proponent of single-payer. It would be nice to see that, though from what's shes stated I don't know that she'd fight for it.

Trump's statement about working with other countries is "only losers keep their word if it's not profitable to them and I'm running a winner nation" So I'd guess we'd lose the majority of our overseas bases when the host countries decide they'll kick us out (ie Phillipines and Okinawa) He's also said upfront that he's going to ignore any part of the constitution that he feels is irrelevant to his interests. Probably that of removing freedom of religion and separation of church and state, for starters. Also the right to a fair trial. It would take all three for his muslim internment + deportations.

As far as his businesses, 6 bankruptcies. Apparently because he likes to hire people and not pay them, resulting in 3700+ lawsuits. Which means if anyone thinks he's not serious about stiffing our allies or Americans... they are refusing to look at facts. And again, he said he gave millions to Veterans and charity, it's all come out as lies. His entire portfolio is defrauding people to enrich himself.

In general... The economy and wages have improved drastically under Obama. Gas prices are down and we're exporting it, stockmarket is at record highs. Looking at the states that now have majority ultra-conservative Republican legislatures such as Kansas, Louisiana etc, they've been digging themselves into financial ruin. Imo, we've already seen that the policies don't work. I see no reason to effect them on a National Scale when they don't work at a state level. As far as the supreme court, the conservative court gave us Citizen's United and unlimited wiretapping. So I'm not in favor of it going back that direction either.

In the end, I'm voting for a person's policies not for a popularity contest. And Trump's supporters constant use of white supremacist imagery does not do anything to encourage me that their policies would be anything I'd want to see happen.

Edited by Vhale

You know, all along, I was really hoping that Trump was some kind of elaborate joke and I've been waiting for the punchline.

Instead it's a horrifying, gross reality.

I cannot believe a person so full of hatred has gained so much support.

I cannot trust Clinton.

I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.

Welp, I'm not gonna vote. At least not for president, I'll vote for the local stuff. I told myself back in the fall of last year that Hillary vs. Trump would be the only scenario where I wouldn't and well... It's come down to that.

Don't like either of them and refuse to support either one. I trust these two as far as I can throw them. And that ain't far.

user posted image

I will say that at the Republican convention, I was pretty proud of my state's govenor, Kasich for sticking to his guns and refusing to attend. Trump pissed off practically all of his GOP rivals and it's disgusting to see them wagging their tails to him now (though admittedly, predictable).

Edited by Daydreamer09

You know, all along, I was really hoping that Trump was some kind of elaborate joke and I've been waiting for the punchline.

Instead it's a horrifying, gross reality.

I cannot believe a person so full of hatred has gained so much support.

I cannot trust Clinton.

I'll be voting for Gary Johnson.

I too thought he was a troll and that he would have dropped out and made some kind of joke...but

it's horrifying to see support for him rear up.

I was horrified at how many supporters he has....

I don't know about Clinton either.

2016 presidential's election is a joke.

The majority of the people I know intend to not vote at all, many for a 3rd candidate. I'm predicting that Trump will win thanks to that. Oh well...

ETA:

The most terrifying part is that he will have all the powers. The military. Both House and Senate. The majority in the Supreme Court. I can't even imagine what he will be doing with all those powers. First all, all the petty revenges on his adversaries, including judges dealing with the processes he is involved on. Replacing every civil servant with his "own people"... If we think Mussolini and Hitler were bad...

Edited by NotBambi

The majority of the people I know intend to not vote at all, many for a 3rd candidate. I'm predicting that Trump will win thanks to that. Oh well...

Who knows. I will say that for ohio, a valuable swing state with a track record of picking winners, Trump may not have enough republican support here. Ohio republicans are loyal to Kasich. So much so that the guy beat out Trump in the primaries.

Hillary actually has a pretty decent chance of getting it in my opinion.

Who knows. I will say that for ohio, a valuable swing state with a track record of picking winners, Trump may not have enough republican support here. Ohio republicans are loyal to Kasich. So much so that the guy beat out Trump in the primaries.

Hillary actually has a pretty decent chance of getting it in my opinion.

I had so hoped that Kasich would be chosen as Republican nominee. I'm not a Republican but the guy sounded like the most reasonable Republican candidate.