sparkle10184

2016 Presidential Election

Clinton's got her flaws, and so does Sanders, but the Republicans flat out terrify me.

Both parties terrify me.

Both Democrats and Republicans are more interested in their parties than in the welfare of the United States. The two party system is broken.

How else could 2 losers like George Bush and Barack Obama have ever been elected? Neither one had any sense or experience regarding domestic or foreign affairs. Neither one was content to mess up just the United States, they both had to reach out and try to mess up the rest of the world with their ridiculous global policies and firing up their war machines.

It's time to endorse a dark horse candidate. Donald Trump doesn't owe either party any favors and he's not a politician. By the resounding support he is receiving from mainstream America his views are those of the American people's and it's about time we had a President who puts our interests first.

Trump really isn't the kind of guy who would put my interests or the interests of anybody I really care about first, especially considering he's a violent rapist, not to mention virolent racist. He's the kind of guy who is very much for his own interests only.

Trump really isn't the kind of guy who would put my interests or the interests of anybody I really care about first, especially considering he's a violent rapist, not to mention virolent racist. He's the kind of guy who is very much for his own interests only.

Well, I stand corrected then. I didn't know that you not only know him personally, but you also have information on him that the federal government and no one else has nor has ever heard of, especially since he has always been active in women's rights and minority rights.

Idk about rape, but Trump has a GIGANTIC history of racism and sexism. His entire 6-page immigration idea is essentially "deport all 'Mexicans'" (Hispanics), and he has been very sexist toward any female interviewers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

No, Trump would undo every single civil rights triumph of recent years that he could. He has no place at the head of our country.

Edited by PieMaster

Trump is not in this for America or the average American. He's got an angle, and he'll make big money out of it, and undoubtedly at our expense. He's not a dark horse, he's a predator.

Trump is not in this for America or the average American. He's got an angle, and he'll make big money out of it, and undoubtedly at our expense. He's not a dark horse, he's a predator.

He will make money for America. There is no big pot of government gold. The federal government doesn't generate any money, it just spends the taxpayer's money. Every time the current President sends more troops out to fight wars that aren't ours and fix things that are none of our business he reaches into your pocket, and every other taxpayer's pocket, to pay for it.

Mr. Trump owes no favors to Democrats or Republicans. He is his own person and as a successful businessman (there's nothing wrong with being successful, is there? Isn't that what a capitalist democracy is all about, taking the opportunity to better yourself?) will be a successful fiduciary for the United States and will stop all the wasteful spending.

Trump is getting a lot of hype because right now people like the idea of an edgy, loud-mouthed, "brutally honest" president. Carson is getting a lot of hype because people like the idea of someone with a background that is outside of politics or business but is still regarded as highly intellectual and respectable: medicine.

I don't think either of them will get the Republican nod in the end. I predict it will be Jeb Bush. And I know Clinton will get the Democratic nomination. I really don't think she has any competition. If someone beats her I will be genuinely shocked.

The SNL skits if it came down to Trump vs. Clinton would be absolutely legendary, but realistically speaking I see Bush vs. Clinton in our future.

Idk about rape, but Trump has a GIGANTIC history of racism and sexism. His entire 6-page immigration idea is essentially "deport all 'Mexicans'" (Hispanics), and he has been very sexist toward any female interviewers. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Mr. Trump made reference to the 12 million plus illegal aliens in this country. Personally, I think the figure is much higher than that. ILLEGAL ALIENS are the keywords in his comments about deportation.

Every sex offender is registered with the national database to in order for the government to protect men, women, and children (yes, men too) from sexual predators. What good is a national sex offender and violent criminal database if we have millions of people coming into the country and no one knows who they are and if they are rapists, murderers, thieves, and child molesters until they commit crimes in this country?

I don't like my tax dollars going to feed, clothe, and house people who are here illegally when we have so many poor legal American citizens, homeless and in need of medical care.

Regarding illegal Mexicans, since you brought it up, many Mexicans joined the military to get American citizenship. Many of them died fighting for this country. Every time the US allows illegals to live here and gives them benefits, we are spitting on the graves of Mexicans who fought and died for this country in an attempt to get citizenship legally.

The great labor organizer, Cesar Chavez, spent his life organizing migrant (legal) workers in the farm community to get better living conditions, decent wages, and medical care. The biggest obstacle he faced were illegal aliens (who were very well organized by the American employers and owners) who would undercut every advance he made by working for a slave wage.

Excuse you but who do you think founded this countey? The Native Americans sure as Hell didn't invite all of Europe over for a big old tea party.

You want to talk about "illegal aliens?" How about we start with Donald Trump himself? Until then, let's address people for what they really are: people.

As long as we are talking about statistics though, keep your eyes on white men. They're much more dangerous to everyone.

Edited by pudding

Excuse you but who do you think founded this countey? The Native Americans sure as Hell didn't invite all of Europe over for a big old tea party.

You want to talk about "illegal aliens?" How about we start with Donald Trump himself?

I didn't think Donald Trump was that old. Did he come over with all of Europe 300 years ago before there were any laws here and before the United States was a sovereign nation?

Thats the real ticket: Donald Trump himself is proposing to end the citizenship birthright that is given to children of illegal immigrants who are born here.

So following his own logic, guess who'd be an illegal citizen? Because, as I've said before, this land was owned before it was stolen.

Thats the real ticket: Donald Trump himself is proposing to end the citizenship birthright that is given to children of illegal immigrants who are born here.

So following his own logic, guess who'd be an illegal citizen? Because, as I've said before, this land was owned before it was stolen.

Just pointing out, pudding, that NONE of the stuff about 'stealing land' you are referencing has anything to do with anybody alive today.

Were things done int he past that people who did them should NOT be proud of.Yes, definitely.... but are those people's decedents deserving of punishment PURELY because of a distant ancestor's actions? Honestly!

Or even of a NOT so distant ancestor.

By THAT logic every SINGLE human being alive today would be carrying a whole LOT of baggage, because EVERY single people group has , at one time or another,committed less than peaceful and kind acts toward others.

Edited by Silverswift

Yes. That's the point. So then why does Donald Trump think it's reasonably okay to end granting automatic citizenship to children born in the US? The point is that while illegal immigration is a problem, these are people we are talking about. They aren't all rapists like Donald Trump imagines them to be, they are people fleeing to a country to seek better circumstances elsewhere.

Illegal immigration is something that needs to be addressed but not with some kind of great wall that Mexico should pay for dividing us. It's a subject that needs to be carefully thought out and considered. You said it yourself,

are those people's decedents deserving of punishment PURELY because of a distant ancestor's actions? Honestly!

Or even of a NOT so distant ancestor.

So why support someone who is trying to deny others of that right?

Yes. That's the point. So then why does Donald Trump think it's reasonably okay to end granting automatic citizenship to children born in the US? The point is that while illegal immigration is a problem, these are people we are talking about. They aren't all rapists like Donald Trump imagines them to be, they are people fleeing to a country to seek better circumstances elsewhere.

Illegal immigration is something that needs to be addressed but not with some kind of great wall that Mexico should pay for dividing us. It's a subject that needs to be carefully thought out and considered. You said it yourself,

So why support someone who is trying to deny others of that right?

Yeah. I THINK that I'd like to see someone a bit more... reasonable....be in office.

THOUGH I am not sure yet who I think that is, IF I am honest.

From what I have read about some of the drug related gangs and cartels in Mexico... some of those people have GOOD reason to want to move their families elseware.

( As you say, it is a problem that needs solving... but it is more complicated an issue by FAR than Trump makes it sound).

Edited by Silverswift

Trump disrespects women, Mexicans, POW, and the list goes on... At least some of the Republican candidates are sort of decent people, but Trump? He's an censorkip.gif***.

Edited by sparkle10184

Honestly, I'm a huge advocate for Bernie Sanders. He talks about important, modern issues like sexism and racism and making education more accessible without economically crippling youth.

Look who else spoke freely about and had mass deportation of a race he hated in history, and that didn't exactly end well, did it?

(Maybe that analogy isn't exactly correct/ok, but Trump is definitely bad news.)

Well, I stand corrected then. I didn't know that you not only know him personally, but you also have information on him that the federal government and no one else has nor has ever heard of, especially since he has always been active in women's rights and minority rights.

Yes, I know him personally. It's not his wife came out and described the rape or anything. I would link to an article about the accusation but it's got language and it's a kinda graphic description of the rape, so I'm not comfortable posting it. If you google "trump rape wife" plenty will come up. His lawyer's statement included "And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse." which sounds like an admission of guilt to me, tbqh.

Trump has pretty staunchly been against women's and minorities rights ever since he had a voice in the media (his words reflect this anyway) and I'm sure before that. So I'm going to request that you provide some receipts for your claim.

Links may contain language; if I catch the language, I'll put a specific warning by that link

These are the first results when I look up Trump and women's rights:

Trump calls women derogatory names, including a female reporter who dared to question him

Trump's history of sexism through quotes, including one where he creepily says he'd date his daughter if she weren't his daughter (???)

Trump gets more anti-choice as the years go on

Trum supports rape/incest exceptions to abortion, which really do nothing but put victims/survivors on trial in order to have a say in their own health and body

Here are my two recent quick links on Trump's racism: Possible language in vid; I can't double check right now Trump refuses to even hear a question from a Mexican reporter

Trump wants to disallow American aid workers on missions to help with the Ebola outbreak from returning to America

Here are the top results for Trump and civil rights:

Trump is against the murder of queer people and shows this by denying them equal rights (how even???)

Repeating what a handful of links have already said

Trump hates political correctness and gets disinvited from conferences for sexist comments

Trump signs a pledge saying he agrees with GOP values (also going against your - he owes neither party anything theory)

Looking up these links also showed me that Trump seems to flip-flop around a TON. I'm not even sure he's listening to what he's saying. He doesn't want queer people fired for being queer but he also doesn't want to extend equal rights to them? How???

~

By the by, "illegal aliens" is quite the offensive term. I won't get into the whole immigration debate myself because I think it's quiet clear where I stand, but the word is immigrants not aliens.

~

Someone mentioned it probably being Clinton vs. Trump but honestly, due to the power of social media, Sanders has gained a huge amount of attention. I won't at all be surprised if he gets the dem nom. I know money buys presidencies and Trump is currently leading but Carson has been gaining support, so I also won't be surprised if Carson gets the rep nom. We'll see, though! I don't pay as much attention during primaries since I registered as third party and so don't really have much of a primary to vote in. xP

Last election (didn't quite make the age requirement for the one before that) I voted third party, although I definitely didn't want Romney in. However, Trump is much, much worse IMO, so if Trump does win the republican primary, I'll probably vote "lesser of two evils" style rather than how I really want to vote. D:

Why do people think Trump 'speaks his mind?'. He doesn't. No one does. Unbelievably, he is holding back. What he is saying is the tamed down version of what he REALLY thinks, which you can bet is far more offensive.

A country is not a business. Do people really want their lifestyles, rights, and freedoms controlled by someone who is only in it for a profit?

Mr. Trump is a businessman who will run this country like a business and stop cowtowing to special interest groups.

Ah yes, the 'special interests' groups like women, Hispanics, the Chinese, the non-heterosexuals, the non-Americans, the Afro-Carribean Americans, the American-born Chinese, the poor, the labourers, children, volunteers, not-for-profit workers, rape victims, Presidents...

And how many times has he come into bankruptcy? He seems to have only managed to avoid being a complete laughing stock by having his father's will provide him money, and this is a guy who claims to be worth billions of pounds just on his name alone. He has no problem entering business with known ex-convicts who undertake shady dealings - and surprisingly some of those ventures have collapsed. Not really the kind of businessman I'd want at the helm; he's a 50/50 chance of ruining any venture he undertakes. Not good odds at all.

Donald Trump is nothing more than the most extreme American/rich white man stereotype, who tenders only for those extremists. As a businessman he's hit-and-miss, as a representative of the Christian faith he is hypocritical and self-serving, as a person he is vile, offensive, dishonest, misanthropic, a distasteful womaniser, selfish and self-serving. He is willing to serve hatred and stupidity, and when challenged his only resort is to throw money and childish insults; he doesn't know how to debate, has an ego as fragile as morning frost on a spider web under the heat of a nuclear explosion, and is filled with misplaced self-righteous hatred that makes me wonder just how badly abused and bullied he was in his youth. If he takes charge then America will simply crash and burn.

(Also, I noticed he's happy with non-Americans providing they are young, beautiful and willing to jump in bed with him, and he's happy to support multiple marriages of heterosexual couples as well as heterosexual affairs and still think he's maintaining the 'sanctity of marriage' while refusing homosexuals similar opportunities.)

Edited by Kestra15

@StormBirdRising

You also realize that very same business man has been bankrupt multiple times before? Who is to say he wont sink the US just to gain HIMSELF money? Forget Trump trying to run this like a business. Trump, in my opinion, is in this to make a steady income. When his term has ended and he is no longer president, correct me if I am wrong, but he still gets money from there on out. Perfect way to always keep making money for someone as ruthless and money hungry as he is. I would never wish for this man to be president. Womens rights would be limited to none, gays rights to marriage would be destroyed, and every immigrant in this country would be deported if he could have his way with it. That man is NOT out to help this country but to make a profit for himself and his buddies. He does not have the countries interest at heart. If this man has a plan on how to deal with ISIS as he so claims, why won't he tell anyone so they can deal with the threat before it gets worse than it is now? Answer is: Trump does not even have a clue on how to deal with it. He is blowing smoke out of his butt.

Edited: Removed the top part of the original post.

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

Honestly, this entire election is terrifying. It's like a clown car, there's so many people running, especially on the Republican side.

Trump and Clinton terrify me. I don't trust Clinton, and about the only good thing I can say about Trump is that I think he would be able to balance the budget. Unfortunately for him, there's a lot more to being president than that. If we have another Bush in the White House, it would start to look like a monarchy.

I've got my eye on Sanders and Carson, but I'm really not over the moon with any of them. We need someone that's going to follow the Constitution instead of their religion, someone that will reform the tax code, someone that would consider term limits for Congress, and someone that actually knows how to handle foreign affairs in a way that doesn't resemble a wet noodle.

(I'm an independant, if you couldn't tell. tongue.gif Well... technically, I'm a Libertarian, but since none of the candidates are even being considered by national media, I'm not holding my breath.)

Yes, but to me saying black lives matters belittles the fact that people from all races are dying every day.

At extremely different rates.

Besides "Black Lives Matter" =/= "NO OTHER LIVES BUT BLACK LIVES MATTER". It means exactly what it says. I'm unsure why people are so offended that black lives do matter???

~

Racism is really something I want candidates to focus on more. Solving it, not sweeping it under the carpet.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

It genuinely terrifies me how many supporters Trump has. I never saw myself as one who would vote but with him and so many other clowns running I'm not taking any chances. I'm sure to other countries this election is starting to look like those terrible reality shows. I'm really hoping Bernie gets the dem nomination, but even if he doesn't I'll take Clinton over ANY of the republican candidates.

At extremely different rates.

Besides "Black Lives Matter" =/= "NO OTHER LIVES BUT BLACK LIVES MATTER". It means exactly what it says. I'm unsure why people are so offended that black lives do matter???

~

Racism is really something I want candidates to focus on more. Solving it, not sweeping it under the carpet.

user posted image

My favorite thing is to show "ALL LIVES MATTER" people this cartoon. It summarizes the feeling pretty well.