TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Looking at them, I want to say the 6 wings are an illusion brought on by flapping its wings the moonlight. Notice how only one pair actually has shoulders.. those are the true wings. And how the S2 hatchies only have one pair as well. :3

I thought the same thing when I saw them!

Looking at them, I want to say the 6 wings are an illusion brought on by flapping its wings the moonlight. Notice how only one pair actually has shoulders.. those are the true wings. And how the S2 hatchies only have one pair as well. :3

Now that you mention that (and that I put my glasses on) I think you're right o__o (would explain why the left-hand wings are kinda faded out). Though a few others fell for the same trap as I did haha!

I really want it to have 6 wings though, it looks stunning xd.png

Edited by bluesonic1

That's how it looks to me, too.

ETA: I'm sure I recognise these, but that's probably a cue for Lyz to appear and tell us they were developed in secret. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

Yes, it is an illusion of movement - look more closely and you'll notice how some of the wings are paler than others, as if they were fading away. biggrin.gif

Oooh these are so beautiful 0-0

and the gold one just grew up and I'm like "sqweeeeeeee"

Thank you again for these beautiful new dragons!!!!!

I guess the person on the doc, and I were both right in a way, then. (It's actually a single wing pair, but looks like it has 3.

Now, since it has been awhile,

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the  Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the other could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Added more theories.

Edit2: And more theories.

They have wings like fairies and I'm in love with them! wub.gif I think silvers are the prettiest, but I want a whole army of these on my scroll!

Edited by MissHippie

Now that the first two have grown up: OH MY GOODNESS.

I absolutely can't wait to breed mine. This is one of those times I wish reeeaaally hard that I had CB Golds. Thank you so much for these beauties, Lady_Lyzar!

Really wonderful dragons! I love their wings, horns and bodies! I also appreciate that thy ahve so many colours, I wouldn't be able to pick a favourite one to relase xd.png

I can't wait to see blue ones

Do we know this for sure that CB eggs can be all colors?

As simple as that statement is, I had never stopped to consider that the other colours may be alts. I had been working under the premise that they would function on a system similar to that of the Seasonal dragon, which is also a time-dependent breed.

We're all working off of assumptions so far, yes. TJ's original post says "these eggs follow the phases of the moons" so honestly I think that's the biggest reason for that theory.

Edited by Chalkboard

Those wings wub.gif

I really hope the other colors won't be alts xd.png or else I'll be kicking myself forever for only grabbing 4 golds.

Edit: Grabbed a couple more just in case

Edited by Isuzu

Woke up to lovely adult dragons, they really are beautiful. Cant wait to see the adults for the remaining babies.

To me, it sounds like the other colors will come from breeding, like stripes.

This is just speculation but I think it's actually connected to either of the moon's phases (I know everyone else said that but hang with me). I think the cycle depends on the amount of light on the moon. When the moons are in the same phase, Aurax gets priority over Cirion because it's bigger. This is how I think it goes.

Full>Waxing/Waning Gibbous>1st/Last QTR>Waxing/Waning Cresent>New Moon.

Basically it depends on how much is visible.

Aurax more visible=Yellow

Cirion more visible=Blue

Same moon phase= Aurax priority=Brown OR Silver

Yellow starting and the moons are in the same phase is just a starting point.

Edited by Myexternalist

"When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced."

Ummm... Maybe only 2 colors are CB and the other 2 will be coming from breeding?

and those WINGS... they are Epic.. makes me want to start an army..

Edited by bane26

Lovely adults. Looking forward to the blue ones maturing.

Oh man, those are beautiful. Just. Another fantastic job LadyLyzar~ wub.gif

Edited by xxBurningxx