TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Awh, missed my chance :c

Once again, I will have to search around in hopes of some of them popping around.

Pfft everyone all impatient for the new color of eggs to come out.

Back in my day we had the seasonals released and we had to wait four months before we could get each variation of the dragon!

wink.gif

*can't stop giggling over Stellaluna22's troll hatchling!* Oh my goodness that's funny.

I just want to see the adults, honestly. I can't make myself care *too* much about the moon phases and different colors and when they are available and all of that, until I see the adult to see if I'll actually want to collect them all in the first place.

Then again, it's LadyLyzar. So adult awesomeness is pretty much guaranteed.

*Inpatient Cup Intensifies* I REALLY want to see the adults, cannot wait. *_* This fourm has become quite complex, I really hope the process to get the other colors isn't THAT difficult.

Goodness that drawing Stella, I swear. xd.png

(It's perfection and I want one)

I HOPE that each sprite can be obtained as a CB (I hate alts/hybrids because I can't make perfect checkers with them...), however I am just curious to see what they will be, more than anything. I just want adult sprites to see if I need to murder people for attain more.

Nothing? This is a new dragon release and a new mechanic!! This is serious life altering business. wink.gif

Sure anything is possible, but I want to bet that this dragon's going to be different from anything we've seen before. A new mechanic isn't added for it to then be ignored with simple alts or bred only variations. Maybe not all variations will be CB, but there's going to be a reason behind it. It's fun to speculate.

Haha! No, I didn't mean they would all be. I meant there's a possibility at least one is a bred alt only. I definitely think that the actual phases of the moon on site influence the outcome somehow, or TJ would not have posted it. Well, he might have just to troll us. If that is the case, I am going to literally roll with laughter!

So while you guys are all science-y and stuff, the hatchlings right now be like

user posted image

(doodle drawn by me, LadyLyzar owns le awesome sprite biggrin.gif)

This is the best thing the internet has brought me all week. Nay, all month. At least!

Pfft everyone all impatient for the new color of eggs to come out.

Back in my day we had the seasonals released and we had to wait four months before we could get each variation of the dragon!

wink.gif

For shame, Lady. We did not have to wait 4 months for EACH. wink.gif We got Summers for like... a month and a half and then had to wait a YEAR for them to show up again. wink.gif And THAT is when the rarity hit the roof. And pretty much obliterated said roof. People were requesting CB golds and silvers for late-caught CB summers and actually getting them because OMG SUDDENLY NO MOAR

I also remember the rife speculation as to what the winter and spring eggs would look like. xd.png

Speculation is half the fun! A sizeable chunk of it anyway, lol. How else would we survive the wait?

For shame, Lady. We did not have to wait 4 months for EACH. wink.gif We got Summers for like... a month and a half and then had to wait a YEAR for them to show up again. wink.gif And THAT is when the rarity hit the roof. And pretty much obliterated said roof. People were requesting CB golds and silvers for late-caught CB summers and actually getting them because OMG SUDDENLY NO MOAR

I also remember the rife speculation as to what the winter and spring eggs would look like. xd.png

Oh my gosh that's right! That was right around when I joined so I recall that the summer thing was a big deal. I didn't have a board account so I didn't see the CB metal madness that ensued.

Hopefully these moon dragons won't be that long to get! But I don't mind waiting to get them because challenge and reasons.

At least, for the seasonals, you knew when they were coming.

We have no ideas for these guys.

Imagine if Valkemare's moons actually had lunar cycles that were longer than earths? We could be waiting for 2 months or longer!

- Though I don't know if that would actually work out if Valkemare is the same size as Earth. If Valkemare is bigger than earth, well then, who knows how it would work.

Welp, I'm late to the party again and thus haven't even seen these guys in the cave. xd.png

They're still dropping smile.gif

Where's the thread that people can help others catch New Releases?

I'm not sure there is a dedicated one.

Where's the thread that people can help others catch New Releases?

I think I know the one you are talking about, but I couldn't find the one I had in mind.

I did find these though:

The Dragon Cave Community Notice Board - Departures

The Newbie Gifting Project

The New Release Gifting Force

Take an Egg, Leave an Egg ~Giving, Gifting~

The Hatchling/Rare Egg Departure Announcement Board

Do any of these help?

Edit: Added more possible threads.

Edited by Shokomon

And there's my four Alpine ladies for the probable Red Copper lineage~ now I get to grab them from wherever they happen to be again. ^^

I think I know the one you are talking about, but I couldn't find the one I had in mind.

I did find these though:

The Dragon Cave Community Notice Board - Departures

The Newbie Gifting Project

The New Release Gifting Force

Take an Egg, Leave an Egg ~Giving, Gifting~

The Hatchling/Rare Egg Departure Announcement Board

Do any of these help?

Edit: Added more possible threads.

Yes they will. Thank you!

At least, for the seasonals, you knew when they were coming.

We have no ideas for these guys.

Imagine if Valkemare's moons actually had lunar cycles that were longer than earths? We could be waiting for 2 months or longer!

- Though I don't know if that would actually work out if Valkemare is the same size as Earth. If Valkemare is bigger than earth, well then, who knows how it would work.

Actually there's many different factors involved beyond that. The size of Valkemare and the size of the moons, the distance away from the planet the moons are, and their orbital speed. They could be far away and large and moving fast, or they could be tiny and closer and moving slowly. Or, any mix of those.

Granted, there is a size limit. If the moons are too big, they'd exert their own gravity on the planet much like Charon does for Pluto.

Too close, and it risks getting pulled in. Too far away, and they might go spinning off into space instead.

Also, I wonder if the moon phases have eclipses calculated in? wink.gif

Aurax could eclipse Cirion, Valkemare could eclipse one or the other or both, and depending on things, either could eclipse the sun. Probably not a total eclipse though, or at least, Cirion probably couldn't.

HMMMMMMMMMM

Is it just me, or did all the egg's images break?

I'm getting the error images with the word "Egg" next to it. wat happen

EDIT: Some of the AP egg's images show up, like the Royal Blue, Turp, Horse, and Purple Dorsal.

Edited by gregregreg

Is it just me, or did all the egg's images break?

I'm getting the error images with the word "Egg" next to it. wat happen

Some people have been reporting that in the Help forum. Things are normal for me.

Am I seeing things?  huh.gif

user posted image

Yes you are. And I am too. xd.png They are indeed very similar poses!

Actually there's many different factors involved beyond that. The size of Valkemare and the size of the moons, the distance away from the planet the moons are, and their orbital speed. They could be far away and large and moving fast, or they could be tiny and closer and moving slowly. Or, any mix of those.

Granted, there is a size limit. If the moons are too big, they'd exert their own gravity on the planet much like Charon does for Pluto.

Too close, and it risks getting pulled in. Too far away, and they might go spinning off into space instead.

Also, I wonder if the moon phases have eclipses calculated in? wink.gif

Aurax could eclipse Cirion, Valkemare could eclipse one or the other or both, and depending on things, either could eclipse the sun. Probably not a total eclipse though, or at least, Cirion probably couldn't.

HMMMMMMMMMM

It would be very interesting if all these things were considered. smile.gif

Edited by MessengerDragon

Another midnight approaches~ if the golds aren't done dropping by the time this batch hatches I'm mostly gonna be filling up on Pinks. I'll need them. xd.png