TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I'm curious, who else during releases grabs 4 eggs and influences 2 pairs ^w^? I always do that..it's like I want two pairs to be safe but 3 pairs seems a bit much at first.

I've caught 6 golds, gifted 2. 8 or 9(? Once the flood hit) Bronzes gifted 4, and 5 blues gifted 1 in departures.

Two CB pairs is always my minimum, but with pretty dragons--like these--I try to double that number so I don't have to trade hard to get more later if they become scarce due to popularity xd.png

For new releases I usually pick up 2 pairs, but got 3 pairs of these - one pair from each biome.

I'm starting with a pair from each biome of each color-

hopefully they will be available after as I need to do some code hunting----

I don't often breed PB but these might make some lovely checkers

I'm curious, who else during releases grabs 4 eggs and influences 2 pairs ^w^? I always do that..it's like I want two pairs to be safe but 3 pairs seems a bit much at first.

I've caught 6 golds, gifted 2. 8 or 9(? Once the flood hit) Bronzes gifted 4, and 5 blues gifted 1 in departures.

I do. My scroll goals are 2 CB pairs of everything I can.

And based on the current trend....Tuesday we get the Silvers, maybe??

Riverwillows  Posted on Sep 6 2015, 07:39 PM

I do. My scroll goals are 2 CB pairs of everything I can.

And based on the current trend....Tuesday we get the Silvers, maybe??

I try hard to get 2 CB breed-able pairs for each dragon. some I have not been able to do so but I do try

I'm starting with a pair from each biome of each color-

hopefully they will be available after as I need to do some code hunting----

I don't often breed PB but these might make some lovely checkers

Same, I don't do PB. Especially with non-dimorphic sprites like these. xd.png Though at least these ones have color alts, even if they're lacking in pose variation.

Ahh, I usually grab and trade as many CBs of new releases as I can. I don't have a particular pattern or plan, I just like getting a bunch... laugh.gif;;

oooooo, can't wait for the silvers. Gonna start a Blue Lunar x Silver Lunar lineage.

I get 4 pairs of each breed so I can breed a couple 4th gen checkers. From there I either bloodswap (if one of the breeds is rare) or just grab more CBs. ^^

Me too! Four pairs of CB dragons for each breed allows for making even gen lineages up to 4 generations. If I decide to go further I can either pick up more, if they aren't too hard to get, or get help from other breeders.

So I am aiming for four pairs of each color of these beauties. So far I have the gold and bronze ones, but only had room for one blue one today. My bronze eggs should hatch tomorrow and I will try to pick up more blues.

The way the moon cycles appear to be working, it looks like we'll get white eggs when Aurax is a New Moon and Cirion is Full. Personally, I think that would be beyond awesome! Sorta like a Yin-Yang Lunar Herald.

i don't get why people care about the biome the egg is from?

i mean if your pairing them with Xenowyrms or something then you have to care but other then that?

someone please clarify is there some sort of secret value (OH PLEASE BE SO)

Edited by blockEdragon

I don't care biome either. I grab em where I can.

I like getting 6 and influencing them 3 male 3 female, and getting a 7th and letting it gender naturally.

And blockE, it's because of coppers mainly, from what I can tell. You can only breed specific colors from mates who were from specific biomes. I know some people are upset because you can only breed 2 of the colors of coppers because coast and I think jungle are the only ones that let you breed green coppers. So no lunar herald/green copper lines.

You can have a Green Copper checker as long as you breed Male Lunars to Female Coppers. ^^

So no lunar herald/green copper lines.

Oh, I beg to differ!!! Lookie me!!![/url]

laugh.gif

You can have a Green Copper checker as long as you breed Male Lunars to Female Coppers. ^^

And again, I beg to differ!!! Lookie me too!!![/url]

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Note: they both auto-AP'd cause I'm full up. Ya'll can hunt them down in a few days if you want them. ~Please don't link to eggs you don't own; you can link to the parents progeny, though~

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Friendly reminder to keep a hatchery/DC fansite running in the background if possible! Still some lingering ER bronze Lunars floating around, as well as a bunch of ER AP eggs, and it's good to help out! wink.gif

On a side note, I cannot wait to see the fun "PB" checkers with these guys~

Riverwillows, the point is that green copper x lunar herald pairs can't breed green coppers. Since lunar heralds don't drop in either jungle or coast they can only breed green coppers if the mother is the copper.

blockEdragon, that's why people care what biome they get their heralds from.

Um...ok. Sorry. unsure.gifblink.gif

I do hope we get the silvers on Tuesday.

Edited by Riverwillows

They do look nice with the female green coppers, thankfully. ^^ I think they'd look pretty nice with the indigo ones, but I'm not quite ready to work on the Indigo Mockups.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Riverwillows, the point is that green copper x lunar herald pairs can't breed green coppers. Since lunar heralds don't drop in either jungle or coast they can only breed green coppers if the mother is the copper.

blockEdragon, that's why people care what biome they get their heralds from.

Yes and that's really unfortunate sad.gif

The Indigo eggs are still dropping. I repeat, the indigo eggs are still dropping!

- LadyLyzar does not call the "blue" Lunar eggs "Indigos;" She just states that the "blues" are indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt. She later has reaffirmed this, stating that there is no official name for the "blue" Lunars and that they really are just indigo in color as they were to be her alt were these dragons to be chosen as prize dragons.

--- I just call them "Indigos" out of respect to that. You can call the Blue/Indigo/Sapphire/Whatever-blue-shade-you-want.

- As always, please tell me if I forgot anything.

- Bumping because it's been a bit.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Lunar Heralds, the former prize breed, moon-loving dragons!

- Currently, the Cirion's Phase has changed!! Aurax (Gold Moon) and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the WaNing Crescent and WaXing Gibbous phases respectively!!

- Everyone is catching Blue/Indigo eggs in the Cave!!

- We have Adult dragons, and we are breeding Blue/Indigo Lunar eggs.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- So far, Gold, Bronze, and Blue/Indigo eggs have dropped in the Cave! Bronze and Blue/Indigo eggs have been bred.

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 05, 2015 @ ~9:00PM, Indigo Lunar eggs began dropping en masse! Go and grab them!!!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase for Aurax and Waning Crescent phase for Cirion.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Taken and modified from TJ's post)

Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DragonCave (DC) to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC.

Aurax: Waning Gibbous

Cirion: Waning Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent*

Cirion: New*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here. So, we assume the phase changed happened here too.

Sep 02, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 05, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent**

Cirion: Waxing Crescent**

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

** Exact time of change Unknown.

Sep 05, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 05, 2015 @ 12:00AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo.

[Edited by Shokomon]

- Note: The Moon Phases TJ posted were Phases of the moon at 12:00 AM EST of their respective date. That is why the post doesn't match up with the color change.

- We can assume that on Sept 1, 2015, the phases changed at 8:00 PM EST/DC, where Aurax shifted Waning Gibbous to Waning Cresent, and Cirion from Waning Cresent to New Moon.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

6) The Lunar egg colors are based on what percentage of the moons are illuminated. If one moon is greater than 50% illuminated (gibbous to full), while the other moon is less than 50% illuminated (crescent to new), then Lunar eggs are the color of the dominant moon. If both moons are equal in illumination, other colors show up.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 6.

- The newest phase change, recent egg colors, and TJ's correctional post seems to support Theory 2 and 6.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change and TJ's correctional post, the moons' phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- LadyLyzar is giving us a pretty Gold Lunar Herald avatar to match her own avatar. She'll give us the Bronze avatar once we start getting adults.

- LadyLyzar states that Lunar Heralds do indeedhave metallic scales, but she didn't intend for them to be classified as "metallic dragons" like Golds and Silvers. As they were originally intended to be prizes, she wanted to make them shiny and pretty.

- LadyLyzar says that the Blue Lunars are actually Indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt. She later has reaffirmed this, stating that there is no official name for the "blue Lunars" and that they really are just indigo in color as they were to be her alt were these dragons to be chosen as prize dragons.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

- DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

With new releases I usually just lock myself with them, and let them gender naturally. Sometimes I'll influence, but not usually. This release is different that way, so far I've only grabbed 4 CB of each color, and influenced for two male/female pairs.