TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

I bred an egg from my ongoing project and got a RB when I wanted a GW, and almost immediately I started getting clicks, views, AND UVs. Despite having JUST bred it and not entered it into ANY site. .... -.- I am offering that egg up on the Departure thread with a warning for the taker to immediately fog that again when they get it. -.- Also had taken an egg from someone on the same thread, it came to me with 0 UV, views, and clicks. Within a couple seconds, it started getting views and UVs - again despite my NOT having it in ANY click sites. =.=

Viewbomber. Stop this. =.= This is not nice! *shakes finger* Shame on you! For shame! =.=

I just checked on my Bronze Lunars, I haven't put the newest 3 eggs in any site yet, but they are steadily getting views. I hope it's just you people clicking in to check on my scroll and not a viewbomber.

I just checked on my Bronze Lunars, I haven't put the newest 3 eggs in any site yet, but they are steadily getting views. I hope it's just you people clicking in to check on my scroll and not a viewbomber.

Well... just looking at your scroll (and not at the separate eggs) shouldn't get you views on the eggs or hatchies, should it? O.o Only if you actually click on the egg itself, I thought...

Well... just looking at your scroll (and not at the separate eggs) shouldn't get you views on the eggs or hatchies, should it? O.o Only if you actually click on the egg itself, I thought...

I'm not sure actually, but the view count is increasing and the number of unique views isn't. The click count is also very low....

Well... just looking at your scroll (and not at the separate eggs) shouldn't get you views on the eggs or hatchies, should it? O.o  Only if you actually click on the egg itself, I thought...

Yes, looking directly at scrolls will give views to everything on it that is growing XD

ETA: If you check your own scroll a lot, your own views will be added to your eggs as well, which will account for non-unique views going up.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Annnnnnnnd this is why my scroll is usually hidden now. Definitely during new releases and if I've caught/bred something nice.

And I never, ever put eggs into hatcheries above 6 days. It's too risky.

do remember guys that because of the new release, there will be more people than usual on hatchery sites so they will get more views than usual.
Also true. During releases and holidays, hatcheries get a lot more viewers and you have to be careful.

Looking at the scroll will give views, I believe. Clicking on the egg gives clicks, obviously.

Ok I am officially worried now, the view count just went from 10 to 30 in the past few minutes. What the hell.

I bred an egg from my ongoing project and got a RB when I wanted a GW, and almost immediately I started getting clicks, views, AND UVs. Despite having JUST bred it and not entered it into ANY site. .... -.- I am offering that egg up on the Departure thread with a warning for the taker to immediately fog that again when they get it. -.- Also had taken an egg from someone on the same thread, it came to me with 0 UV, views, and clicks. Within a couple seconds, it started getting views and UVs - again despite my NOT having it in ANY click sites. =.=

Viewbomber. Stop this. =.= This is not nice! *shakes finger* Shame on you! For shame! =.=

If you're talking about the RB egg sitting on your scroll right now, that's not viewbombing tongue.gif That's people being curious and taking a look at your scroll in general- I notice this tends to happen during my peak forum posting times (like now during releases). What's happening to you now has happened to me before, and actually happened when I collected my first batch of Gold Lunars during this release. It's just something that comes with posting frequently on the forums, that's why eggs I don't want getting views during this time I fog or just outright hide my scroll. Just keep an eye on it to see that the views don't shoot up- you can generally tell it's nosy forum people because it's a very slow increase over a big stretch of time, something that you don't see with hatchery sites and viewbombing in general.

Also, what ParticleSoup said.

Edited by bluesonic1

1. Fog your eggs

2. Account -> Hide Scroll

3. in the morning, go and manually check sites to see if your eggs are still there. Most hatcheries will automatically take them off rotation if fogged, but I know Silvi's for one does not (probably why viewbombers use it - you unfog and it starts up again)

It just skyrocketed up to 100, viewbomber, if you are reading this thread I'll let you know I am right here watching them!!!

If you're talking about the RB egg sitting on your scroll right now, that's not viewbombing tongue.gif That's people being curious and taking a look at your scroll in general- I notice this tends to happen during my peak forum posting times (like now during releases). What's happening to you now has happened to me before, and actually happened when I collected my first batch of Gold Lunars during this release. It's just something that comes with posting frequently on the forums, that's why eggs I don't want getting views during this time I fog or just outright hide my scroll. Just keep an eye on it to see that the views don't shoot up- I'm talking like 25-30 views or 15+ unique views.

Well SOMETHING happened with my Nebula egg last night when I was asleep. :/ I had it entered in only one click site - Eggs Around the World - and it should've gotten at most 100 views during that time. Nope, I woke up to it having softshell (still softshell dammit) with a grand total of 1,182 views, 384 UVs, 1 click. All while it was still over 6 days 2 hours.

Can you explain that? :/

Forgive me for being nervous with my current eggs. <.< >.>;;

Edited by Sapphira_Majoram

After being attacked by a viewbomber myself some time ago, which I was really mad about, I kept my scroll hidden for a good while. When I decided to unhide it again, I started being extra careful. I hide every growing creature on my scroll when I'm about to leave the house or go to sleep just to make sure nothing happens to them while I'm away.

Well SOMETHING happened with my Nebula egg last night when I was asleep. :/ I had it entered in only one click site - Eggs Around the World - and it should've gotten at most 100 views during that time. Nope, I woke up to it having softshell (still softshell dammit) with a grand total of 1,182 views, 384 UVs, 1 click. All while it was still over 6 days 2 hours.

Can you explain that? :/

Forgive me for being nervous with my current eggs. <.< >.>;;

Like I said before, there are obviously some cases where viewbombing is clear- your Nebula is one. But that doesn't mean everyone needs to jump on a bandwagon and insist that a few views on a recent egg is early signs of viewbombing when it's highly likely that it's people looking at your scroll, especially when you comment so many times about being viewbombed (people are curious- they're going to look. And as ParticleSoup said, just visiting your scroll increases the views). I'm just saying that there's a logical explanation to everything and that not everything has to be from viewbombing.

Edited by bluesonic1

On a side note, you can actually find out if an egg of yours has been placed onto a hatchery site by someone else and remove it yourself. The wiki and the forums have a comprehensive list of hatchery sites- visit the ones you didn't add them to and enter your scroll name. When your dragons load, if it's been added it'll have a tick next to it. Untick and save, and it'll be removed, plus you can find out which site(s) it's being added to.

It's tedious, but that's the alternative for those who don't want to hide their scrolls. Likewise, hiding your scroll doesn't remove what dragons you've added to hatcheries already- use this to your advantage. Unhide your scroll, add your eggs and dragons in places, then re-hide it. No one can then add your dragons unless they have the code + find a hatchery site that allows input via code, and your dragons still get the views you intended them to have smile.gif

Edited by bluesonic1

Is 200+ views in 10 minutes normal?? Note that I haven't added these to any site yet...

I wouldn't be concerned about a viewbomber until the views on a brand new egg go above...I'd say 30. If I post a lot in the new release threads my eggs usually end up with up to 25 views from curious clickers.

Edit: @GoldeenTrix - yeah, somebody definitely added your eggs somewhere. They're too old to be hurt by it, however.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I did what you suggested and found that the Nebbie egg had been added to Silvi's Lair without my permission. -.- I did my best to remove it from there HA. -.-

Went around the hatcheries to see if they were added anywhere. Sure enough, AoND and EATW. The views seem to have stopped now. I might hide my eggs if it happens again though. Whoever it was, shame on you. SHAME.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Kinda glad it's still bronzes right now, kids have picked up the ick and it makes dealing with new eggs sucky. Cause trying to catch on mobile is horrid lol.

Kinda glad it's still bronzes right now

Me too. Two of my eggs can hatch in about five to nine hours, so having two more egg slots before the blues appear is going to be pretty useful. smile.gif

The viewbomber is still at it? They need to get over themselves sleep.gif

Anyway, decided to give away the two bronzes I had. I'm not particularly bothered about them ones and it frees up space for the next set smile.gif Hopefully all or most of my hatchlings will be grown up before the next drop, so I can fill up completely wub.gif

I don't necessarily think it's a viewbomber if you put your egg on EATW. If I add my eggs there before a certain time, they almost always get soft, even when it's not new release time. YMMV

I caught my eggs late during the flood. I have 18 very long hours before mine hatch! I can't wait!

I don't necessarily think it's a viewbomber if you put your egg on EATW. If I add my eggs there before a certain time, they almost always get soft, even when it's not new release time. YMMV

I caught my eggs late during the flood. I have 18 very long hours before mine hatch! I can't wait!

They didn't put their egg on that site, that's the point- someone else did. (i.e. a viewbomber.)

They didn't put their egg on that site, that's the point- someone else did. (i.e. a viewbomber.)

That's exactly it. I *never* add my eggs to fansites before they reach 4d 5h or so. So if they're getting an extraordinary amount of view *before* that, someone's trying to screw with them...