TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

By the Gods, I truly hope the new colors won't start dropping today. I'm so totally egg-locked with bronzes because I wasn't able to catch any until the flood started, and the first won't be hatching until tomorrow. >.>

So, as far as I am concerned, a few days more wait will do just fine for me... ^___^;;

Has anyone not been able to catch a single Bronze egg yet? I presume the extra flood really helped with that issue.

Edited by bluesonic1

Has anyone not been able to catch a single Bronze egg yet? I presume the extra flood really helped with that issue.

Thanks to the flood, I finally got some... I would guess that pretty much everyone has been able to catch a few now.

Or, at least, I *hope* so!

Some cruel person decided to inflict me with my first viewbombing last night when I was asleep. O.e My Nebula egg was only entered in ONE click site, the "Eggs Around the World" which I use for my signature. It realistically should've gotten at most 100 views during the night [i had bred it last night from a 2G silver and 2G purple Nebbie that have matching silver/purple nebbie lineage that I got from the departure thread] buuuuuuuuuut somehow I came on today to find it has softshell and a grand total of 1,182 views, 384 UV, and 1 click. And it's still more than 6 days. >.>

Ohhh... I hope your lovely egg gets well again!

I fogged everything, once I started noticing that my eggs were getting steady views, even though they weren't on *any* sites - or at least, *I* hadn't put them there.

Yes, it looks like someone here in DC is currently filling their days and nights with viewbombing everyone they can.

*sigh* I do wish they'd go do something constructive. Knit a sweater. Play music. Paint a picture. Pet a cat... >.> Instead of making other people profoundly unhappy...

Do you guys think I should fog mine?? I haven't been viewbombed just yet, but I definitely don't want to be. I don't want to fog them either though, I like staring at my pretty eggies. Strange that people are getting viewbombed when the Lunar Heralds are flooding and up for everyone to grab.

I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're able to watch them. I usually keep my stuff unfogged up until I'm ready to go to sleep, and then I fog all the stuff higher than 6 days left.

Do you guys think I should fog mine?? I haven't been viewbombed just yet, but I definitely don't want to be. I don't want to fog them either though, I like staring at my pretty eggies. Strange that people are getting viewbombed when the Lunar Heralds are flooding and up for everyone to grab.

If you can keep an eye on them, then you don't have to fog. But if you're going to be away from the computer for any length of time (like, if you actually decide to go to bed and *sleep* - though honestly, who needs it, right? wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif ), I would fog.

I *do* fog rares that I manage to catch. Immediately. Just to be safe. smile.gif And don't unfog until just before it's time for them to hatch.

Ohhh... I hope your lovely egg gets well again!

I fogged everything, once I started noticing that my eggs were getting steady views, even though they weren't on *any* sites - or at least, *I* hadn't put them there.

Yes, it looks like someone here in DC is currently filling their days and nights with viewbombing everyone they can.

*sigh* I do wish they'd go do something constructive. Knit a sweater. Play music. Paint a picture. Pet a cat... >.> Instead of making other people profoundly unhappy...

What's strange is they haven't viewbombed my bronze or gold Lunars [even before both golds grew up YAY for them! and both bronze eggs had hatched!] Nope they just chose my Nebula egg specifically, because it was over 6 days, and viewbombed that. blink.gif Whoever it is, their actions make no sense to me. O.e

But I thoroughly agree that they should come up with a new hobby. >.> Anye one of the ones you suggested would work marvelously!

Oh good!

Now I can go make my morning tea. smile.gif

Thing is, if it changes now there aren't that many to pick it up while people who are egglocked (if the trend continues) can enjoy the flood later while if the color changes when everyone has their eggs hatched more initial competition

but whatever go and enjoy your morning tea, I'll be here being annoyed

When my scroll was visable, they were viewbombing my NON-LUNARS too! Weird.

What the heck viewbombers, go find something else to vent your rage. I don't even know what you're angry at. Attack a pillow, punch a wall, maybe go rip up some homework, CHILL.

When my scroll was visable, they were viewbombing my NON-LUNARS too! Weird.

I wonder why...? I guess I can understand viewbombing Lunars since they're the "shiny new toy" but non-Lunars? blink.gif

Well I suppose my Nebbie egg they might've gotten jealous at the lineage maybe...? IDK. That is the closest thing that I can think of to explain why only the Nebbie egg got viewbombed and my Lunars did not... Then again I have some rares too and they were also safe. SO IDK. unsure.gif

I wouldn't even call it rage. There just some poor souls out there that enjoy causing others pain and havoc. No rage needed. Just counseling.

I wonder why...? I guess I can understand viewbombing Lunars since they're the "shiny new toy" but non-Lunars? blink.gif

Well I suppose my Nebbie egg they might've gotten jealous at the lineage maybe...? IDK. That is the closest thing that I can think of to explain why only the Nebbie egg got viewbombed and my Lunars did not... Then again I have some rares too and they were also safe. SO IDK. unsure.gif

Maybe your Nebbie was the only one above 6 days?? No point in viewbombing an egg that probably won't die from it.

Maybe your Nebbie was the only one above 6 days?? No point in viewbombing an egg that probably won't die from it.

OH that would make brilliant sense! After all it'd be hard to viewbomb hatchlings too! biggrin.gif ... My poor little Nebbie. ;;-;; Any new egg I get I gotta go through the same treatment now, with the fogging until under 5 days. Draaaaaat. ;^;

*sips her morning tea in peace as well*

I'm really relieved that the moons didn't change phases tonight ! For two reasons:

One: My bronze eggs still need half a day to a day to become incu-hatchable. And when the moons change I expect that to happen at midnight, DC time, so I would be faaaar behind the original flood if they had changed this night.

Two: For the breeding later, I much prefer a slightly longer window for each kind of herald, that makes it a lot easier to have the dragons that are needed at the ready/off cooldown at the right time.

OH that would make brilliant sense! After all it'd be hard to viewbomb hatchlings too! biggrin.gif ... My poor little Nebbie. ;;-;; Any new egg I get I gotta go through the same treatment now, with the fogging until under 5 days. Draaaaaat. ;^;

There was this funny incident where I hunted down 3 GW eggs, then came back a couple hours later to find them all being viewbombed. (Why?? They aren't even rare)

I fogged them all when they had about 100 views each since I caught it early, waited until they could be ERed and then unfogged them. The view count immediately started skyrocketing and they hatched within ten minutes. Thanks viewbomber, for hatching them for me tongue.gif

Breeding is the main reason why I want the window to be fairly long. 4-5 days would be pretty reasonable, even if it would prompt me to check the moon phases before breeding anything.

I want time to hatch my first batch properly, before I 'have' to grab the next one.

I remember the 7th DC Birthday release. O.O I couldn't get anything hatched before the *next* one dropped! Which is why I barely have one breeding pair each of the different Coppers. >.> Since they immediately became rare after first drop, there was no chance to stock up.

So I absolutely prefer to have a decent time span between drops, especially when they turn out so terribly hard to catch like the Bronzes in the first day or so...

I don't know if I was viewbombed or not, but a lot of my eggs have gotten sick last night and this morning (these are ones that have just over 4 days too, so not recent). While it could be due to actual viewbombing, do remember guys that because of the new release, there will be more people than usual on hatchery sites so they will get more views than usual.

There are some cases where an egg has obviously been viewbombed, I won't deny that.... just really scrutinize if it is a viewbombing or simply a case of your regular hatchery sites getting more people at a busier time ^__^

I don't know if I was viewbombed or not, but a lot of my eggs have gotten sick last night and this morning (these are ones that have just over 4 days too, so not recent). While it could be due to actual viewbombing, do remember guys that because of the new release, there will be more people than usual on hatchery sites so they will get more views than usual.

There are some cases where an egg has obviously been viewbombed, I won't deny that.... just really scrutinize if it is a viewbombing or simply a case of your regular hatchery sites getting more people at a busier time ^__^

Well, when I *know* I haven't put them into *any* hatchery, and they're getting steady views very shortly after I've managed to grab them - then something's wrong.

Because usually my eggs stay at 0, even unfogged, until I decide to put them into the hatcheries (usually fairly late - around 4d 5h our so).

If they're suddenly getting views, even though they shouldn't, then something is going on...

Better safe than sorry I think, I always assume the worse just in case.

AoND does have a lot more traffic though, when I first got my Gold Lunars I put them on there when they were under 6 days, and they still got sick. Crazy how many people are on that site.