TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

they're so beautiful and yet so hard to get ;-;

i neeeed moooore

1. I was at work.

2. Two of your new pinks are ones *I* bred to the AP a few days ago for kicks xd.png

Mixed feelings about the new flood. Yes, it was necessary and I'm very glad TJ made one!! And I'm selfishly sad because I came home from work deciding I was going to gamble on trading the only three I caught yesterday, but now they're easy to find. rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I meant that you were the one breeding them. I posted to the lineages thread to say thank you as well.

Great idea to have the new ones drop! This gives everybody a chance to get them. Thank you, TJ! biggrin.gif

Copper is probably the best name given bronze is usually more green/goldish thanks to the other metals combined to make that alloy.

They were designed as Prizes. Hence, Gold/Silver/Bronze nicknames. Plus, copper is much more red/orange.

Edited by PieMaster

I'm nervous the silvers might come out so I'm saving a spot.

At least there's a good chance the Silvers will flood when they drop, so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting some. ^^ That said, I'm probably just going to catch one more Bronze and let my remaining eggs hatch without using Incubate.

Yeah, I meant that you were the one breeding them. I posted to the lineages thread to say thank you as well.

Oh, lol. If I had been home I would have been trying to grab them back, since between than and now I, too, discovered that my stable of pinks isn't big enough for a 4-flood month. blink.gif

Now that the moons are on different cycles after all, I see much confusion and frustration ahead for lineage makers. What if they're not right for the color you want for a long time, or only in a very short window and you've got a lot of real-life things going on?

They were designed as Prizes. Hence, Gold/Silver/Bronze nicknames. Plus, copper is much more red/orange.

Typing copper is easier for some reason, but I think bronze is better for shorthand clarity. If someone talks about catching a lot of golds, we can generally be sure that they mean gold lunars. Catching multiple coppers, on the other hand, is more possible, and it's already the proper name of a dragon. There are (so far) no other catchable dragons referred to as bronzes.

I'm so excited for when the silvers come out. I'm pretty sure they are my favorite of the bunch. All are quite beautiful though... biggrin.gif

I can see these are easily going to become one of my fave dragons. I am so glad to have dragons that variations on colorings but the same breed. Love that catching all the colors is having over multiple days!

I cannot wait for the white ones to appear since I really love that color out of all of them. Also my brown babies hatched and I am debating if I should hunt or wait to see if the whites come out soon..

Well, I've caught four, so I'm pretty happy. smile.gif I hope everyone else is getting some Bronze love too!

I'd try to grab another, but silly me misclicked an Undine during the flood. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, good luck to everyone else, thanks again TJ for the flood, and cannot wait for the next color now. :3

( although I also can because I want egg room before they arrive. xd.png )

I just realized, I'm going to have to start influencing 1 pair instead of 2 each, since I don't have that many Pinks left ^^; I can't wait to catch the Silver and Blue ones wub.gif

-removed, please don't try to use this thread to gift, use the appropriate threads in the trade section- Edited by rubyshoes

yes, a bronze pair from each biome

here's hoping they have time to hatch before we get the next color

Thanks for the drop TJ! Finally caught the bronze ones!

Now to wait for the next color!

TJ has answered our pleas for a bronze flood. It's likely that silvers and blues will also have their own floods, at this point.

Godamnit. Overburdened on a Mageia. Kinda tempted to abandon a couple new releases and hunt for rares.

So far, so good. During the original gold drop I managed 2 alpines, 2 deserts and 2 volcanos, and Influenced each pair as male/female. Found out about the bronze drop a couple of hours ago, but I've now managed to get 2 from each biome again and they've been Influenced as m/f pairs.

Loving the adults too.. some day I'll come up with a breeding plan for them. But for now, I'm just collecting them. Sure hope the next color doesn't start dropping before this batch hatches.

Yay smile.gif Managed to catch some brown ones too smile.gif Just thought about trying to get some more CBs of them, when suddenly lots of them starting dropping smile.gif So now I managed to catch some smile.gif

Misclicked a Seragamma :/ Bit it & it stayed. Sigh. I only have three of the bronze eggs, hopefully they continue to flood for a little while longer so I can get a fourth.

heck yeah i have 4 now and i'm locked (thanks 2 the new vamp egg that apparently wanted to hang around w my other vamps)

Edited by glamoursea2

THE CAVE IS FLOODING WITH BRONZES! Grab your eggs! I still need to get one for myself.

- The DC Moon Watch Doc has been updated!

Please tell me if anything is wrong. I will fix it as soon as I can.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are now in the  WaNing Cresent and WaXing Cresent phases respectively.

- Everyone is now catching Bronze eggs in the Cave!

- We have Adults now, and we are getting Bronze eggs!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 3, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Bronze eggs began dropping en mass! Grab 'em while you can!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase for Aurax and Waning Cresent phase for Cirion.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Taken and modified from TJ's post)

Aug 29, 2015 @ ~3AM to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM.

Aurax: Waning gibbous

Cirion: Waning crescent

CB Lunar eggs are  Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM

Aurax: ???*

Cirion: ???*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here.

Sep 02, 2015

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing crescent

CB Lunar eggs are  Bronze and Bred Lunar eggs are  Bronze.

[Edited by Shokomon]

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.

- The newest phase change and eggs seems to support Theory 2.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change, the moons' phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

What colour is next? I've seen people saying silver but I'm not too sure.

No one knows, but I've seen most people speculating blue. Since Aurax is waning, and Cirion (the Blue moon) is waxing, then Aurax may become a New Moon and Cirion may become a Full Moon, so due to Cirion's greater influence people think the next egg will be blue.