TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Gotta say, I dislike the insinuation/accusation that's been made a few times in this thread that if you've grabbed the new eggs you must be cheating.

I agree, and I've been watching this thread for a while. Luckily, I have been able to catch a couple myself. I wouldn't consider my internet fast, but the lag isn't so bad to the point where I'm ready to punch through a wall. I guess I was lucky with my catches; it must have been the timing because I caught them all yesterday afternoon within 1-2 hours.

However, I wish you all the best of luck smile.gif

It is true that sometimes a phone can work out better (that is how I snatched my CB gold from the cave laugh.gif), but I think I'm gonna stick to hunting on my computer. Matter of habit + my phone keeps acting like a diva. dry.gif

Gotta say, I dislike the insinuation/accusation that's been made a few times in this thread that if you've grabbed the new eggs you must be cheating.

Yeah I gotta admit that this is sad, but sadly tends to happen often in many competition type situations. If the others are winning, it must be because they cheat ^__^

That aside, I do have a theory that has some support, for as to why the eggs are still being snapped up so fast, and why still so many people are hunting in the biomes. Not that people are going to like hearing it, but if you offer ridiculous things in trade posts/go nuts for trading for one of these lunar eggs, of course those people with fast connections will keep catching ridiculous amounts of eggs instead of just stopping when they've had their fill. You're giving them an incentive to keep catching...

I watched the same thing happen with Xenowyrms until their ratios turned and they genuinely became rare (not so sure nowadays, this was about a month ago I was tracking), and so those who were in it for the cheap trades gave up, but people with slow connections still couldn't catch them because of the very low drop rate.

It is true that sometimes a phone can work out better (that is how I snatched my CB gold from the cave laugh.gif), but I think I'm gonna stick to hunting on my computer. Matter of habit + my phone keeps acting like a diva. dry.gif

So I'm not the only one that has a glitchy phone lol. Luckily Chrome still seems to be hanging in there.

Ok here is what i done to get my two it was hard but it worked for me open two more new taps put dragon cave on all three .go to Alpine on one, Desert on another then Volcano. keep clicking on each and hopefuly on one of the m you will be able to get and egg. I know there will be others that have more than enuff will do this but they will get egg locked sooner.That way others can get theirs crosses fingers for all you who are still trying hoping this will work like it did me.

GoldeenTrix i wish you all the luck and you as well Flash

Edited by Laryal

My phone's screen is too little for hunting :'( I'd have to scroll down to see the last egg, which ... sucks.

It doesn't ensure that you'll catch it, but it does feel like it helps me a lot.

1. You reduce the chance that you will miss the egg when you move your mouse.

2. Eggs are close together, faster when switching

3. Biome links are closer together, good for switching between biomes.

And I don't mean you have to use a tablet, I use my phone. Just trying to help, but to each his own I suppose.

Oh I know, and thanks for trying to be helpful. But the connection is the same on tablet or PC, after all... sad.gif (I don't have a smart phone, nor do I want one !)

I do hope the ratios don't kick in till we all have had the chance at blues and silvers.... assuming they will be showing up CB anyway, of course.

My phone's screen is too little for hunting :'( I'd have to scroll down to see the last egg, which ... sucks.

Actually, if you hunt on mobile, it doesn't matter how large your screen is, I use a Samsung Mega, the website just magnifies itself so you only see 2.

But it shouldn't hinder you, just focus on the top egg, if it's not the egg you want quickly switch to another biome. It's not much different from hunting on a computer, because even on a computer by the time you move your mouse to another egg that you were not hovering over it would have been taken by somebody who was hovering over it.

Still no Browns here.

I really don't understand why they couldn't all flood. I can't even remember the last time I had this much trouble catching a new release. And what worries me most is that today there's way less of them dropping compared to yesterday so who knows what the Blues and Silvers will be like.

I got my bronze couple only thanks to a very kind generosity and a trade (3x 2gen PB Xenos for 1 bronze Lunar)...

And I, silly, was hoping that locking myself with golds and keeping them for trades will help me get the rest without hunting(I have to study for exams now)...:/ No f* way with no floods at all...

I hope there will be NO release like this of non-gold Lunars ever again :/ (meaning no floods)

I hope it was just a purely experimental release and that TJ can see it's a fail...

Those who want the challenge in getting new releases so badly: Just don't hunt during the floods and wait for them mixed, you've got your challenging hunt for new releases without others loosing on it because you complain new releases are not challenging enough for you and now got what you wanted. sad.gif

I hate challenges, and this release is just riddiculusly hard, as plenty of people've already said.

I so much believe that we should have had like at least 12h long floods for each new colour appearing in the caves for the first time...

And that each new release should have a 24h long flood before mixing. So everyone across the world could hunt them in floods at some point, regardless the timezone and schedules...

Edited by VixenDra

Agh, stupid Nebula Misclick -.- To bite or wait 6 hours to abandon or give away... to bite or not to bite?

I thought my song had worked! xd.png

*to tune of rain rain go away xd.png*

MISCLICKS MISCLICKS GO AWAY

ALL I WANT ARE SOME HERALDS TODAY

Edited by Clya

I so much believe that we should have had like at least 12h long floods for each new colour appearing in the caves for the first time...

And that each new release should have a 24h long flood before mixing. So everyone across the world could hunt them in floods at some point, regardless the timezone and schedules...

but only 12 hours won't be long enough for everyone, everywhere.

Actually, if you hunt on mobile, it doesn't matter how large your screen is, I use a Samsung Mega, the website just magnifies itself so you only see 2.

But it shouldn't hinder you, just focus on the top egg, if it's not the egg you want quickly switch to another biome. It's not much different from hunting on a computer, because even on a computer by the time you move your mouse to another egg that you were not hovering over it would have been taken by somebody who was hovering over it.

Incidentally, it's the last egg that shifts the most. xd.png

Of course screen size matters. xd.png

Tried accessing DC via my mobile phone and crap they are teeny weeny. Never again.

Is there an option to switch it to desktop view? Not that it would help that much because the desktop view is really tiny, but it would eliminate having to scroll.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to breed 2nd gens to give to people and I'm already getting "no egg produced." Ugh.

I do hope the ratios don't kick in till we all have had the chance at blues and silvers.... assuming they will be showing up CB anyway, of course.

I wonder if these are actually supposed to be rare. Ever since we started having adult Lunar Heralds the egg number dropping in the cave has gone way down. I used to see around 2 per biome every drop. Now it's like 0.5 on average.

I think why TJ didn't do floods for every color is because that would mean the caves would be constantly flooding for about a week or two. That, and they might be rare so flooding 4 times would kind of negate that.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

I wonder if these are actually supposed to be rare. Ever since we started having adult Lunar Heralds the egg number dropping in the cave has gone way down. I used to see around 2 per biome every drop. Now it's like 0.5 on average.

And if people are having trouble breeding them... Doesn't it seem that rares and metallics have a lower successful breed rate? So could that mean that they are actually rare?

This is silly! Is there any way around this? I have the same prob when trying to look at longer lineages on my phone.

I share a laptop but not a phone (all mine!) so being able to see the whole screen would be great.

Is there an option to switch it to desktop view? Not that it would help that much because the desktop view is really tiny, but it would eliminate having to scroll.

On an unrelated note, I'm trying to breed 2nd gens to give to people and I'm already getting "no egg produced." Ugh.

Well i hope you have good luck soon on breeding them.

My two hatchies have not yet matured ugg wishs they would as i stroke their heads and watch as my other eggs open even more. coos to those still in eggs come on out sweeties please.

Edited by Laryal

but only 12 hours won't be long enough for everyone, everywhere.

Still, way better than none we got sad.gif At least some would get quickly egglocked and make room for the others to hunt with less competition. And would be easier to trade to get them.

As far as I know, you can't switch to desktop view. I tried for the longest time to see if it was possible, but nope, can't find the "full version" button.

Oh please don't start breeding these! That will make fewer fall in the Biomes.

Agreed, I'm tempted to breed mine but I'll wait until the ratios are less hectic. Good luck to anybody out there still missing their first pair.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

That's probably what's going on now and why they are suddenly hard to get. Just all the people who woke up this morning to adults are now breeding them for trading or gifting...

I am wondering... has anybody been able to catch the bronze eggs from the Alpine biome?

I was able to grab 6 bronze eggs from the Desert and Volcano. But I did not see a single one in the Alpine biome since yesterday.

I know. But there are already fewer falling and the one that I have managed to breed went to someone who said they never would have gotten one otherwise. It's a Catch 22.

It's the Xenowyrms all over again lol, but even worse since they at least flooded all at once.