TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Oh man I have just see two eggs. I find they are hard to catch. The July dragons where easier to find. Maybe it is just me.

Hang out in the Volcano biome. That's where they seem to drop the most. You might have to wait through a few five-minute drops, but I've seen them sit around for a bit in that biome, before someone grabs them.

They're definitely not hard to get. Even I managed, despite my crappy internet connection... ^^;;

Fixed some confused links and added more stuff to the summary. Tell me if I missed anything.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the  Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ revealed that Valkemare is much larger than it's moons, and due to that the moons orbit relatively close to the planet.

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it's not motion illusion.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

I didn't really "reveal" anything. I never even mentioned distance between moons <-> planet.

The fact that the planet is way larger than its moons isn't really a big revelation, either. So is earth.

I was thinking that it was in addition to the cb colors.  So you can get cb's in all the colors, and then through breeding, they will be the color belongs to the moon phase you're breeding in.

if it's only one or the other, it'd be a bummer.  we'll find out.

My thoughts exactly.

Anyone notice the description was updated?

Thanks for pointing this out, that's really interesting.

Hope Lyzar tells us more about the wings soon. Never would've guessed that they were fake if I didn't read this thread.

Wooooooow, the blue and silver are so gorgeous! The silvers look almost ghostly. I bet they'd look great with Shadow Walkers.

The adults are beautiful! Now we just have to wait for the phases to change to see if we can get other colors as CBs. I definitely hope so.

Thank you LadyLyzar this a beautiful dragon and I want an army of each.

Edited by bigbite100

If these were once intended to be prizes, I speculate the blue would have been LadyLyzar's alt. Spec on top of spec: perhaps the caveborn vs bred colors debate is both true? The gold/silver/bronze are caveborn AND bred, and the blue is bred-only? I'm still leaning toward 4 moon phases -> 4 egg colors dropping myself, but hearing these might have been prizes started that train of thought.

Grabbed a few more since I really love their design. Hope we will get to the bottom of the mystery about teh other colors soon.

If these were once intended to be prizes, I speculate the blue would have been LadyLyzar's alt. Spec on top of spec: perhaps the caveborn vs bred colors debate is both true? The gold/silver/bronze are caveborn AND bred, and the blue is bred-only? I'm still leaning toward 4 moon phases -> 4 egg colors dropping myself, but hearing these might have been prizes started that train of thought.

i hope they are all caveborn available for lineages because alts really stink when kt comes to lineages

Yes, I keep thinking of the Undines.

These are really really lovely, by the way, thanks to LadyLyzar and TJ!

Congrats to Lady Lyzar for her exceedingly awesome skillz! ohmy.gifalot.png I'd got up one coffee ago, laugh.gif saw the adult sprites! wub.gif and caught up on the thread.

Lol, I also wondered about whether they'd been intended as Prizes when I first saw them and am awfully glad that they're not and hope that all colours will be available as CBs and all be as Common as I hope they are, going by the fact that demand hasn't yet driven them into invisibility. unsure.gif

I do have to admit that I can't off-hand think of a lot of good matches that I personally like for them at this point, (thinking PBs and Prize lines which will of course be stunning as the latter DO go with just about anything, not that I'm likely to get any such line for quite a while, lol, while Holiday checkers take a year per stage and I'm already focused on specific Holiday breeds anyway, so not something I'd start myself with these,) but if we can load up on them, (Refusals... dry.gif ) a lot of very interesting patterns could be achieved, assuming that all colours will be available in CB.

At some point we'll likely have Released some angular, elegant breed of suitable colour(s) which would fit my personally (partially coffeed) current criteria of a great match, but my goodness, they're just as stunning as I thought they would be! biggrin.gif

And when I consider that new sprites nearly ALWAYS look even better on my scroll than anywhere else, I'm very eager to have LOTS of adults myself, lol. velociraptor.png

Thanks to all involved for what's been a fabulous Release so far, and I do hope/dream this'll be followed by weekly Floods of each of the different colours as they first appear (PLEEEEEEEEASE) in the Cave as CBs over the rest of this month, because these were clearly made to be dragon hordes on every scroll. poptartFINALTINY.gif

Shoot I could see the silver overtaking whites as the "Go-To" lineage mate. The light touch of color makes them go with pretty much anything so long as they are common enough. Tis a shame they can't mate with glory Drakes, but I may change my lineage plans for male purples now once the silvers come out .

The more I stare at them, the more I love them. ohmy.gif I still can't even decide which I like best, they are all magnificent! wub.gif

I barely figured out how to name my golden batch, it will be a challenge to find adequate names for the other colors. smile.gif

These are really lovely dragons, and the concept is beautiful, but the sprites are just a tad too whimsical for my tastes. Regardless, fabulous work on yet another great dragon, LadyLyzar!

Just a thought that passed my mind, but wouldn't it have been really cool if the sprite changed according to the time of day? During the day they only had their one pair of real wings, but in the later hours the illusion wings would appear.

Don't get me wrong, I adore their look, just thought I'd share my passing idea. :3

Ohhh, wonderful update to the description ! So that means a lot of good fortune for all of us, hm ? Since we have the great chance to see the wings of illusion. smile.gif

Just a thought that passed my mind, but wouldn't it have been really cool if the sprite changed according to the time of day? During the day they only had their one pair of real wings, but in the later hours the illusion wings would appear.

Don't get me wrong, I adore their look, just thought I'd share my passing idea. :3

No worries, I was thinking the same too! I like that idea, either that or possibly fading the illusion wingtips a little more translucent. They're still beautiful, but if there was any possibility of an edit later on, I'd vote for one of those two. tongue.gif