TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

These look so gorgeous, oh my god. The translucent wings- that kind of remind me of dragonfly wings, for some reason.

That was also my first reaction when I saw the new sprites and before I read the description: "Oh, nice lunar dragonflies!" biggrin.gif

I love them! I hope that the other colors will also be available directly from the cave (CB eggs) and will not be limited to bred eggs like the striped dragons.

It does only have one pair of wings- LadyLyzar confirmed earlier that the top pair are the real deal, while the others are illusory.

Maybe LadyLyzar was trying to make them like these wings of the hummingbird. Just a thought here not sure if this is right or not but still the dragons are awesome.

user posted image

i keep thinking the adults are about the size of a Faerie Dragon; tiny little danty dragons fluttering in the night with glossmer wings and playing in the moonlight and eating moths while their wings give off a prism of reflected light

but that would put them as Pygmy's unsure.gif and they're way too pretty to be restricted to breeding only to pymys imo

i have to wonder if these guys will have the personality of an "arcane trickster"

Whatever their size, the sprites look great with Colossi. smile.gif

Eggs still golden, btw.

i keep thinking the adults are about the size of a Faerie Dragon; tiny little danty dragons fluttering in the night with glossmer wings and playing in the moonlight and eating moths while their wings give off a prism of reflected light

but that would put them as Pygmy's unsure.gif  and they're way too pretty to be restricted to breeding only to pymys imo

i have to wonder if these guys will have the personality of an "arcane trickster"

Pygmies cannot be bitten, last I remember. These eggs can. Plus , pygmy eggs are typically small, with the exception of the pumpkins. ^-^

So it is safe to assume that these are not pygmies.

I really like the blue one. The only thing that bothers me about the adult sprites is the use of jagged/dark lining on the head that is most obvious on the gold adult. It gives their heads a flat, almost insectoid appearance. Otherwise, these are lovely sprites.

I'm a little confused, is this gold one the only one that is available right now? And the other eggs will become available in the cave as the moon changes? If this has already been answered I'm really sorry because I didn't read through the entire thread.

They're gorgeous dragons, I love their colorations, but I'm just not fond of the six wings. If they had only one pair of wings apiece, they would be perfect. Oh well, I'm sure there are other people who think the six wings is what makes them great. :-)

Actually, yeah, I do think that's what makes them so beautiful laugh.gif

Just diff'rent strokes, right?

And, I had assumed that different color eggs would drop according to the moon phases, and then breeding would produce different colors based on the moon phases, so you could get blue from gold, gold from silver, etc. Think of the gorgeous combinations with just these!

I would not be as happy if the default CB is gold, because then the only same-color pb you actually can breed would be gold sad.gif

But, still lovin' it, and I also thought of dragonflies when I first aw the babies. And I have always loved dragonflies!

@ Midnight - yep the golds are the only ones in cave right now. the other colors depend on the moon. we dont know yet if the other colors are breed only (like stripes) or if they'll be available as CB

Pygmies cannot be bitten, last I remember. These eggs can. Plus , pygmy eggs are typically small, with the exception of the pumpkins. ^-^

So it is safe to assume that these are not pygmies.

totally forgot about the bite check for the non-normal breeds xd.png

*runs and checks* yep the eggs can be bitten *shoos away her vampire*

they still remind me of Faerie Dragons though wub.gif

The adults remind me of dragonflies with the wings, they're beautiful. I managed to catch six, I'm done with Gold for completion purposes. Good luck to those still hunting and thank you TJ and spriters for the new release!

I JUST GOT ONLINE AND THESE ARE AMAZING

I was kinda iffy on them after seeing the hatchling sprites but WOW I am super happy! biggrin.gif

Guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the multiple wing effect... laugh.gif Other than that, they are lovely.

Nope, I don't care for it either. But otherwise the dragons are beautiful.

Been updating the summary. Tell me if I missed anything.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are still in the  Waning Gibbous phase.

- Everyone has only captured Gold eggs thus far.

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- Despite this, many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the other could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ revealed that Valkemare is much larger than it's moons, and due to that the moons orbit relatively close to the planet.

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons and she confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real.

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edit: Added more theories.

Edit2: And more theories.

Edited by Shokomon

These are lovely! I'm actually selfishly glad that they're not Prizes, more for all of us biggrin.gif Fantastic job as usual by LadyLyzar!

Beautiful dragons, LadyLyzar! These releases since my return to DC have both been absolutely wonderful! <3

Although they look nothing like what I'd anticipated, I think they are wonderfully unique! They remind me of pixies :3

It does only have one pair of wings- LadyLyzar confirmed earlier that the top pair are the real deal, while the others are illusory.

That doesn't matter to me either way. I was talking about the dragon's visual appeal. I don't care for the six wings; to me, they look silly and busy and detract from the elegant lines of the dragon's design. YMMV, as I imagine most people's do; but telling me that the extra wings are a magical illusion doesn't make them look any different on the sprite.

Been updating the summary. Tell me if I missed anything.

Both links you gave for the prize and illusory wings statements from LadyLyzar link to the same post. wink.gif

...Beautiful...

These are proof we need more dragons with insect/fairy appearances.

We also need the moons to hurry up and change. I want those other colors. >_<

So it's official that TJ has been considering adding a new prize breed then... Hmm...