TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Definitely lunar something, I'm super excited to see them when they hatch! wub.gif

Also it was smart from my part to use Google Chrome while my sister is asleep - hunting on Chrome is so much faster than with Mozilla.

I figure that since I want at least 40 of each I'll just grab the other colors once we figure our the when they show up. smile.gif

Good point! (And I'm sure people will be doing color swaps as well.)

Happy birthday Sock.

Thanks! ^^

I'm not worried about these guys going rare. They're time dependent - the worst they'll do is be Seasonal uncommon. xd.png

Edit: Current Seasonal uncommon, I mean. Not rare like they were back in the day.

Edited by Tehya Faye

Since there are two moons listed (Golden and Blue), I'm wondering if the Gold is the CB version and the Blue will be the version you get from breeding...? unsure.gif

I'm not worried about these guys going rare. They're time dependent - the worst they'll do is be Seasonal uncommon. xd.png

Edit: Current Seasonal uncommon, I mean. Not rare like they were back in the day.

Yep! I doubt they'll be all that rare.

But it's always fun to hoard new releases~ tongue.gif

Plus, my long-term scroll-goal is 4 of each gender of each variation of each dragon, so I'm stocking up on these golden lunars! biggrin.gif

Since there are two moons listed (Golden and Blue), I'm wondering if the Gold is the CB version and the Blue will be the version you get from breeding...?  unsure.gif

There's a Golden Moon and a Blue Moon, so if there's a breeding element at play here I would expect the Brown and Silver eggs to be the bred alts.

@Burning - Likewise~ just one more Golden and I'm all set for those.

Edited by Tehya Faye

What does 'waning gibbous' mean? My English has it's limits...

It's one of the lunar phases. It's a phase between the full moon and the third quarter of its surface being visible. There are also phases like Waxing Crescent, Waxing Gibbous and Waning Crescent. smile.gif

Still plenty of time to figure it out. smile.gif

Anyway, happy birthday, Sock! wub.gif

Moon phases list

Basically a waning gibbous is the one that comes after a full moon, with the lit portion getting smaller (waning).

If the moon is waning, the lit portion is getting smaller. If it's waxing, it's getting bigger.

A new moon is when none of it is lit, a full moon is when all of it is.

New moon - waxing crescent - first quarter - waxing gibbous - full moon - waning gibbous - last quarter - waning crescent - new moon.

'Waning' means the moon is getting smaller - closer to a 'new' moon, when it's completely dark.

'Waxing' is the opposite - getting closer to a full moon.

'Gibbous' means it's more than halfway visible - closer to a full moon, whether coming or going.

'Crescent' is less than half visible - closer to a new moon.

The terms are very rarely used even in English, and then mostly referring to the lunar cycle, so don't feel bad about not having seen them before. wink.gif

Edit: ninja.gif 'd

Edited by Gryphonic

Can you get a different colour from Cave? Or how you get a different colour? I didn't quite understand how this works..

edit, Or can we get the blue ones when it's a day time?

Edited by kammo

Another egg with 'metallic' in its description? I see many misclicks in the future... tongue.gif

Can you get a different colour from Cave? Or how you get a different colour? I didn't quite understand how this works..

We're not sure how it works either! I imagine within the next couple days we'll have a better clue, maybe sooner.

There's a Golden Moon and a Blue Moon, so if there's a breeding element at play here I would expect the Brown and Silver eggs to be the bred alts.

@Burning - Likewise~ just one more Golden and I'm all set for those.

I get that, but...

Why are we getting only Gold eggs? If Valkemare has two moons, shouldn't both versions show up? Or does only one moon ever appear at once?

Anyway, happy birthday, Sock! wub.gif

Thanks! <3

Wooooo pretty eggs where are they dropping?

Alpine, desert, and volcano.

As it says in the first post, they will be based on moon phases. Click the underlined link - it will show you the moon phases of DC's two moons. The colors should change when the moon phase changes.

I get that, but...

Why are we getting only Gold eggs? If Valkemare has two moons, shouldn't both versions show up? Or does only one moon ever appear at once?

The eggs are based on moon phases, which are the same right now. The blue/golden is the color of the moon, not the moon phase. The moon phase right now is waning gibbous.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Thanks! <3

As it says in the first post, they will be based on moon phases. Click the underlined link - it will show you the moon phases of DC's two moons. The colors should change when the moon phase changes.

How can I know when the moon phase changes?

How can I know when the moon phase changes?

Click on the link in the first post. It tells you the current phase/s. I haven't kept track of them to know when they change myself. I'm sure people will start posting when new colors come out though.